PDA

View Full Version : Does OU have any high school QBs that are...

Dan Thompson
12/20/2008, 02:26 PM
currently playing other positions?

If so, how about a trick play like Montana did last night,

Sam hands off to this ex-QB who's running toward the right sideline, only a few yards

Sam runs out to the left, like he fakes a run

the ex-QB stops, turns and throws to a wide open Sam on the left sideline.

Do we have anyone that could do this?

delhalew
12/20/2008, 02:29 PM
currently playing other positions?

If so, how about a trick play like Montana did last night,

Sam hands off to this ex-QB who's running toward the right sideline, only a few yards

Sam runs out to the left, like he fakes a run

the ex-QB stops, turns and throws to a wide open Sam on the left sideline.

Do we have anyone that could do this?

Maybe its just me...but do not want this. I hope I never see Sam catch a pass. He's honestly to important to take the hits you take catching the ball.
Just my two cents.

catsigater
12/20/2008, 02:34 PM
If we see that, it'll be because Stoops is desperate.

SoonerTank
12/20/2008, 02:41 PM

Don't expect to see it!;)

Frozen Sooner
12/20/2008, 02:41 PM
I think English played some high school QB. ;)

Manny Johnson played some high school QB. Threw for a bunch of yards, too, if I recall correctly.

But this is not a play I'd particularly like to see us run.

delhalew
12/20/2008, 02:43 PM

We are pretty no nonsense this year...most always really. Our offense already gives people fits, without being the least bit "gimmicky".

Frozen Sooner
12/20/2008, 02:46 PM
Yeah, the last time I can remember a non-QB throwing a pass was when Mark Bradley threw a TD vs OSU I think.

the_edge
12/20/2008, 02:51 PM
Manny Johnson threw a pass to Malcolm Kelly in the Miami game last year.

It would have gone for a touchdown but Manny underthrew it.

Frozen Sooner
12/20/2008, 02:54 PM
Thanks, forgot about that.

Toronto Sooner
12/20/2008, 07:26 PM
If the Sooners are up big late in the game then I think they should do one wishbone play, as a symbolic link to past greatness. This is to show respect for the tradition of Oklahoma football, and great players and coaches in the past that have contributed to 8 National Championships. J. Halzle would be in the game at that point. Wishbone formation with Halzle and 3 running backs (maybe M. Clapp, M. Madu and J. Johnson).

If Florida or the media don't understand what's happening and thinks OU is trying to run up the score then tough!

Redshirt
12/21/2008, 12:38 AM
The last time we tried the QB throwback was against Nebraska. A wide open Nate Hybl tripped on the chalk line and the Nebbish go on to win.

tooslow
12/21/2008, 12:50 AM
The last time we tried the QB throwback was against Nebraska. A wide open Nate Hybl tripped on the chalk line and the Nebbish go on to win.

You read my mind. Nebraska ran the same play that game, except that it worked for them. :mad:

snp
12/21/2008, 01:52 AM
Manuel Johnson, Austin Box, Jermie Calhoun, Jameel Owens, Dejuan Miller, Sam Proctor, Carter Whitson, and probably several more I'm forgetting.

I really don't think Wilson needs to steal from the Montana playbook to improve the offense.

yermom
12/21/2008, 02:19 AM
You read my mind. Nebraska ran the same play that game, except that it worked for them. :mad:

Heisman highlight for Crouch

watching that play over and over again sucked balls

Frozen Sooner
12/21/2008, 03:43 AM
In all fairness to Nate-and you know I got love for a guy who wins us two bowl games and a Big 12 title-Eric Crouch was a significantly more nimble guy than he was.

CatfishSooner
12/21/2008, 12:30 PM
nate hyble sucked...

ouleaf
12/21/2008, 12:38 PM
I too am of the general sentiment that we shouldn't need to use any trick plays. With the way our offense has moved the ball all year, we really shouldn't need to. Plus, I think every Sooner fan is a bit bitter about anyone employing trick plays after what happened a few years ago.

If we do see a trick play, I might expect it to be in the kicking game, either on a fg or punt.

King Crimson
12/21/2008, 12:45 PM
we'll run the option with Antoine Savage!

PLaw
12/21/2008, 12:56 PM
Who needs trick plays?? We're OU, damn it! The most prolific scoring machine in the history of college football.

BOOMER