PDA

View Full Version : Meyer says in three weeks they will be ...

adoniijahsooner
12/20/2008, 06:57 AM
for our offense. Wow, they really believe that we are a gimmick offense, and the only thing needed to beat us is to practice a 2 minute defense. They are not taking this **** seriously, huh?

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/epaper/2008/12/18/1218gators.html

oumartin
12/20/2008, 07:12 AM
I dont want them to respect OU, I want them to be as cocky as they can be.

Cajun
12/20/2008, 07:49 AM
2 minute defense is great for 2 minutes for 60 minutes it starts to suck

Circle City Gator
12/20/2008, 08:16 AM
Did you actually read the article? He said it would take 3 weeks, rather than the usual 2 days you get to prepare for the next team during the season. That's not arrogance, it's respect. It also did not say they practiced the 2 minute drill for 2 minutes, but "ad nauseum," with extra sprints after practice.

oumartin
12/20/2008, 08:19 AM
hey, did you guys down there hear that tebow tweaked his knee in practice and had to be helped off the field. I have family in florida, big UF fans that say this is something UF is tryin' to keep on the down low

101sooner
12/20/2008, 08:39 AM
Other than "Tim Tebow's Heisman snub", I didn't see much that should get our players fired up.

OUinFLA
12/20/2008, 08:44 AM
hey, did you guys down there hear that tebow tweaked his knee in practice and had to be helped off the field. I have family in florida, big UF fans that say this is something UF is tryin' to keep on the down low

illegitimate kids don't exactly count as "family". otherwise YOU would have "family" in every country around the globe.

:D

oumartin
12/20/2008, 08:46 AM
hey now! ;)

OUinFLA
12/20/2008, 08:49 AM
how did you finally get ahead of me in post count?

you've been practicing I guess.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/20/2008, 08:49 AM
your a rockstar

oumartin
12/20/2008, 08:52 AM
heck, I even took 6 or so months off and I'm ahead of you in post count. you are a slacker

TXBOOMER
12/20/2008, 09:12 AM
Why did Tebow deserve the Heisman over Bradford?

Team wise OUr loss came to a highly ranked team, not to a mediocre team on OUr home field. Even in OUr loss Sam tossed 5 TD's.

Bradford's numbers were much better than Tebow's.

I can't believe these Flordia players are academically eligible if they truly believe Tebow should have won the Heisman.

oupride
12/20/2008, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the post

adoniijahsooner
12/20/2008, 09:33 AM
Did you actually read the article? He said it would take 3 weeks, rather than the usual 2 days you get to prepare for the next team during the season. That's not arrogance, it's respect. It also did not say they practiced the 2 minute drill for 2 minutes, but "ad nauseum," with extra sprints after practice.

It's dripping with arrogance. He thinks he can bring down in three weeks, what it took kevin wilson years to perfect? That's like telling Einstein that you could have worked out E=MC2 in few days, because I read a book on it. Seriously, Those guys are missing the point; Lets just say we start the game in a 4 wide set, and by chance run stretch play to the strong side; of course Florida adjust their personnel, and brings in a nickel package to match up with our offense. On the next play we rush back to the los and line up in a power I, with Clapp at fullback, Brown at tailback, and gresham at tight end. :confused:. The play ends and on the next snap, we are in empty set, with gresham and Brown in the slot and clap lined up tight end. Still :confused:? Same drive 4th play of the drive, and Sam is in the shotgun, but Brown and Clapp are in two back on each side of Sam; tell me gator what do you do to combat this? You see, every team we played have faced this same situation; what texas did successfully is hold us to to some three and outs, and their offense gave their defense alot of rest with the dink and dunk passing game, and at the end of the game we were tired and they were fresh, but we still scored 35 points. Here is where you will fail. Your offense and special teams are prone to score on big plays, which may be exciting and will cause us some problems, but if we reel off a no huddle touchdown drive, and then you guys score a 77 yard run by demps; your defensive players are going to be cussing you under their breath. Just think about it.

oumartin
12/20/2008, 09:36 AM
are you kidding? Florida is so fast their defensive line can match up with the OU wide receivers.

cheezyq
12/20/2008, 09:43 AM
Why did Tebow deserve the Heisman over Bradford?

Team wise OUr loss came to a highly ranked team, not to a mediocre team on OUr home field. Even in OUr loss Sam tossed 5 TD's.

Bradford's numbers were much better than Tebow's.

I can't believe these Flordia players are academically eligible if they truly believe Tebow should have won the Heisman.

Their argument is that Tebow is the son of Zeus. How can mere statistics compare to that?

SoonerLB
12/20/2008, 09:52 AM

I still can't believe Tebow was actually on that stage while Harrell other players that performed well during the season sat at home! The only title Tebow deserves is that of being the most over-rated football player in America!

TXBOOMER
12/20/2008, 09:59 AM
Their argument is that Tebow is the son of Zeus. How can mere statistics compare to that?

I wish Tebow would use his "special powers" and heel Murray and Granger to even up the game because you know he is praying for them every night after he blesses all the little children of the world.

LitiG8R
12/20/2008, 10:02 AM
Gimme a break! Anybody that has anything to say negative about Tebow is not a fan off college football. The kid does everything right on and off the field and will go down as one of the greatest college players of all time. Keep it up...jealousy is mediocrity's tribute to greatness

TXBOOMER
12/20/2008, 10:05 AM
I don't like televangelists dude.

CaliBornSoonerBred
12/20/2008, 10:47 AM
Gimme a break! Anybody that has anything to say negative about Tebow is not a fan off college football. The kid does everything right on and off the field and will go down as one of the greatest college players of all time. Keep it up...jealousy is mediocrity's tribute to greatness

Ok, I have nothing negative to say about Tebow but you come on this board and say "Jealousy is mediocrity's tribute to greatness?!" Go do some research on THIS fine program from the great state of Oklahoma and tell me who qualifies as a mediocre program. Take your 2 national titles and go back to florida with that non sense.

Visirale
12/20/2008, 10:51 AM
I still can't believe Tebow was actually on that stage while Harrell other players that performed well during the season sat at home! The only title Tebow deserves is that of being the most over-rated football player in America!

Say this again on January 9th.

I respect Bradford, McCoy, and Harrell. But to say Tim didn't deserve to be on the stage? That's just a little ridiculous.

ETGator1
12/20/2008, 10:59 AM
ado, the only arrogance I see is in these posts downing Meyer and the Florida defense for actually thinking that in 3 weeks you can prepare for OU when Meyer said it is impossible to prepare in one week of the regular season. Meyer paid OU a tribute and the arrogance is that it isn't believed here that Meyer is right and the UF defense is not up for the job. You guys that believe that are in for a surprise and disappointment.

You know, the OU offense isn't exactly unique and new. Florida State ran a similar offense with Charlie Ward in 1993. Kevin Wilson is no Einstein and the OU offense can be defended. Meyer's glad he has three weeks to prepare.

A-M
12/20/2008, 11:11 AM

He was there only because ESPN declared him the winner and did everything in their power to see that he won. Only thing is that it didn't guite work.

stoopified
12/20/2008, 11:19 AM
I can't wait for this game so we can shut Tim Teabag and the Croc fans up.

adoniijahsooner
12/20/2008, 11:23 AM
ado, the only arrogance I see is in these posts downing Meyer and the Florida defense for actually thinking that in 3 weeks you can prepare for OU when Meyer said it is impossible to prepare in one week of the regular season. Meyer paid OU a tribute and the arrogance is that it isn't believed here that Meyer is right and the UF defense is not up for the job. You guys that believe that are in for a surprise and disappointment.

You know, the OU offense isn't exactly unique and new. Florida State ran a similar offense with Charlie Ward in 1993. Kevin Wilson is no Einstein and the OU offense can be defended. Meyer's glad he has three weeks to prepare.

Florida State could not switch sets without changing personnel. You know that the college football world believe that we are frauds, Meyer included. It's like you guys think your playing OSU or something. None of you gators can still come up with how you will attack our offense. Orakpo and Roy Miller are not walking through that door, so what are you gonna do? If you had Deion Sanders at CB, and came up with a perfect scheme, you still have to get a pass rush, or else it's lights out. Urban always has a smirk on his face when he talks about other teams.

tbl
12/20/2008, 11:28 AM

People here like to make fun of Tebow b/c of the extreme adulation that is poured over on him, but I think he's a great kid and a great college FB player. I think most people here that take jabs at him feel the exact same way. It's just for kicks and giggles...

Now if you're referring to OU as mediocre???? You might want to brush up on your history and watch some of OUr recent games... That's ok though... Keep thinking OU is mediocre.

catsigater
12/20/2008, 11:35 AM

I get it, and it's not necessarily jealousy. At least not from OU, who have a top-tier QB themselves. Peyton Manning got and gets the same sort of treatment on the Gator boards, despite being a great college quarterback and an even better pro.

It's the expected counter-reaction against all the hero worship poured upon them by their fans.

ETGator1
12/20/2008, 11:38 AM
ado, Meyer is supremely confident in this Gator team; however, it's more than a reach to say Meyer and the Florida team is arrogant because they have the confidence to believe they can compete with OU. It's confidence, not arrogance. I'd be mystified if OU does not feel the same way.

adoniijahsooner
12/20/2008, 11:40 AM
People here like to make fun of Tebow b/c of the extreme adulation that is poured over on him, but I think he's a great kid and a great college FB player. I think most people here that take jabs at him feel the exact same way. It's just for kicks and giggles...

Now if you're referring to OU as mediocre???? You might want to brush up on your history and watch some of OUr recent games... That's ok though... Keep thinking OU is mediocre.

Bingo. So lighten up gators, unless you need Tebow to praised in order for you to keep believing in him. how about this; Tim Tebow can destroy whole building with one hit from his big *** head. i got another one. Tim Tebow is the best at getting in his players faces, and making them woozy with his muscular breath. Last one. Tim Tebow's hips move side to side when he runs, to make sure the earth still spins on its axis. Tebow is great.

adoniijahsooner
12/20/2008, 11:42 AM
ado, Meyer is supremely confident in this Gator team; however, it's more than a reach to say Meyer and the Florida team is arrogant because they have the confidence to believe they can compete with OU. It's confidence, not arrogance. I'd be mystified if OU does not feel the same way.

Maybe you have a point, but they sure as hell like to let everyone know about it.

oumartin
12/20/2008, 11:50 AM
I thought I was the only one that thought everytime Urban gives out a compliment to the opposition its a backhanded compliment.

MojoRisen
12/20/2008, 11:54 AM
Anyword from Stoops and Venables?

Meyer does have a smirk on his face when discussing other teams - I do kind of see him as arrogent - I would not play for that dude.

Other than that 3 weeks he will be as ready as he is going to be is what I think he meant... I knew they would be doing a lot of conditioning work to prepare. They are not going to be able to simulate the accuracy of Bradford and the play calling of Wilson.

I look forward to this game, and hope we come to play is all.

oumartin
12/20/2008, 12:00 PM
yip, Bob and the boys come to play they win this game.

I think UF's speed on the edge is a concern but I think we could end up doing to them what we did to TCU only not letting up.

Dan Thompson
12/20/2008, 12:03 PM
Just some thoughts about the game.

After watching last year's Fiesta Bowl last night, I was a little surprised to see all 5 of our current OL playing. Last year they were unable to keep the WV defense away from Sam.

They are much better this year, but I a worried about a fast DE getting around Loadholt. I have noticed that when this happens, most of the time Sam steps up into the pocket and launches a long pass. I hope that if Loadholt has these problems that he gets some help.

WV put up some big numbers in the running game with QB White having the most rushing yards. I don't think Tebow is nearly as fast as White. On the bright side, we have been much more aggressive on D lately, a lot more than last year. Don't we lead the nation in Take-Aways?

I can make up my mind if we are going to have another close game like the begging of the OSU game or even closer to the end of the game.

I also watch USC lose to Texas last night and kept thinking that Tebow is bigger that Vince Young. VY was 6' 5" 233 and Tebow is 6'4" 240, or so the media guides say. USC could not stop him without gang tackling him. He ran thru many weak tackles. Maybe Nic Harris can get a good clean shot at him.

oumartin
12/20/2008, 12:07 PM
I think we lead the nation in turnover margin. not takeaways.

Tebow is like way slower than white. Tebow is like an Jamaar Toombs(sp) from A&M. However he can throw a tad better.

Circle City Gator
12/20/2008, 12:08 PM
SoonerLB
Sooner All-Big XII

Re: Meyer says in three weeks they will be ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBOOMER

Saved to repost on January 9.

adoniijahsooner
12/20/2008, 12:12 PM

After watching last year's Fiesta Bowl last night, I was a little surprised to see all 5 of our current OL playing. Last year they were unable to keep the WV defense away from Sam.

They are much better this year, but I a worried about a fast DE getting around Loadholt. I have noticed that when this happens, most of the time Sam steps up into the pocket and launches a long pass. I hope that if Loadholt has these problems that he gets some help.

WV put up some big numbers in the running game with QB White having the most rushing yards. I don't think Tebow is nearly as fast as White. On the bright side, we have been much more aggressive on D lately, a lot more than last year. Don't we lead the nation in Take-Aways?

I can make up my mind if we are going to have another close game like the begging of the OSU game or even closer to the end of the game.

We over pursued in that game big time, which led to alot of the long runs. I believe the speed of west Virginia is why we went to the no huddle in the first place, so that our lineman can be better conditioned, and lose a few pounds. What made Orakpo so dangerous is that he is quick and incredibly strong (500 lb bench press), so if he got pass loadholt it was impossible for our backs to help out. There is a way to attack every defense, even a defense with speed, and I truly believe that stoops and wilson are in the lab concocting a great game plan. It's funny that you are not hearing anything from our coaches and players.;)

AzianSooner
12/20/2008, 12:16 PM
I believe Bob will be more involve with defensive game plan than the offensive game plane. OU has more than enough credibility offensive coaches to come up with the plan; on the other hand, the defensive plan need some deep understanding and touch up ....to stop supperman...

I think we need to bring some Kryptocrystal.

oumartin
12/20/2008, 12:22 PM
I wanna go back to the TCU game again for one reason why we lost to Texas.

Texas loaded up too to stop the run. Orakpooh dent do anything anymore special then the TCU defensive ends and lineman. Here was the difference.
TCU was vulnerable to the quit slant patterns to Manny and OU got up early and big. come the second half OU just wanted to get Bradford outta the game w/o getting him killed.

OU up on Texas at halftime but with their ability to score with OU they kept it close enough that when Bradford and OU needed to answer score for score they couldn't do it.(Heck they hadn't been in a close game all year/Think back to the KSU game in 2003 in the big 12 championship).

Since that game you have seen teams scoring on OU and OU having to actually play some offense in the third and fourth quarter in order to win games. Now they know how to win those games. Bradford knows how to win those games.

TXBOOMER
12/20/2008, 12:47 PM

Silly Gator, if we lose you will locked of this chat room. You are about as smart as the football team that thinks The son of Moses should have won the Heisman. :pop:

SoonerLB
12/20/2008, 12:55 PM

Above or below your groveling apology? ;)

AzianSooner
12/20/2008, 01:05 PM
I believe Meyer will get his team ready.. but .by how much to the current plays and by how much to the new plays is still a big question.

SoonerLB
12/20/2008, 01:07 PM
I don't like televangelists dude.

True dat! Maybe Timmy oughta get himself a tent and do the Revival circuit, saving stupid people by releiving them of their money! :)

tulsaoilerfan
12/20/2008, 05:17 PM

Don't think anyone hear hates him, but we are all sick of the media love fest for him; we all know he's a great player, but he's not even close to being one of the best in the history of college football

tulsaoilerfan
12/20/2008, 05:19 PM
I thought I was the only one that thought everytime Urban gives out a compliment to the opposition its a backhanded compliment.

Nope, u r not the only one

PalmBeachSooner
12/20/2008, 05:26 PM

Welcome to our board. Many of our posters don't do well with reading comprehension. They are the same people who believe that ESPN has an anti-OU agenda.

Crucifax Autumn
12/21/2008, 12:38 AM
I ain't much fer readin and stuffs.

Piware
12/21/2008, 01:58 AM
...jealousy is mediocrity's tribute to greatness

Wow, I may have just found a new sig. Thanks bro!

Crucifax Autumn
12/21/2008, 02:15 AM
Oh Christ...Now we have a junior Lid to contend with?

L-Boy
12/21/2008, 02:22 AM
for our offense. Wow, they really believe that we are a gimmick offense, and the only thing needed to beat us is to practice a 2 minute defense. They are not taking this **** seriously, huh?

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/epaper/2008/12/18/1218gators.html

So I guess that is the MO at least for some in this forum. Read an article (or not) and then either construe it into something ridiculous, or just fail to understand it completely but act like you do.

It's like a jailbreak every time you watch these games," Florida coach Urban Meyer said of Oklahoma's offense. "That's a hard (team) to get ready for in two days. In three weeks, we'll be ready for it."

So who said anything about gimmicky offense? The point is usually you have 2 days to prepare between regular season games - luckily they have about 4-5 weeks in total.

To prepare, the Gators practiced their two-minute defense ad nauseam Tuesday and Wednesday, running four plays with the scout team offense in the time they would normally run only one play. And each day, the defensive linemen and linebackers have to stay after practice for extra sprints

So from that sentence, you have gathered that the ONLY thing Meyer is going to do over the next 3 weeks is practice 2 minute offense??

I don't like to flame, but I swear to God some of you really struggle with basic reading comprehension.

By the way - somehow or other TX seemed to figure out how to contain it, with less than 5 weeks to prepare.

L-Boy
12/21/2008, 02:26 AM
Welcome to our board. Many of our posters don't do well with reading comprehension. They are the same people who believe that ESPN has an anti-OU agenda.

So how is it a "Palm Beach Sooner" lives in Dallas? :D I'm from East Coast of FL too, and live in DFW currently myself - but obviously not a Sooner.

SteelCitySooner
12/21/2008, 03:15 AM
I bet them gators are liftin weights too:eek:

BASSooner
12/21/2008, 03:17 AM

Tebow is a fullback playing QB.

His neck is too big.

His smile is too goofy.

He didn't deserve the heisman, thus he didn't win it. his numbers don't compare with bradford's

oh and one more thing. I love college football. I am a fan of it. good day sir

adoniijahsooner
12/21/2008, 07:05 AM
So I guess that is the MO at least for some in this forum. Read an article (or not) and then either construe it into something ridiculous, or just fail to understand it completely but act like you do.

So who said anything about gimmicky offense? The point is usually you have 2 days to prepare between regular season games - luckily they have about 4-5 weeks in total.

So from that sentence, you have gathered that the ONLY thing Meyer is going to do over the next 3 weeks is practice 2 minute offense??

I don't like to flame, but I swear to God some of you really struggle with basic reading comprehension.

By the way - somehow or other TX seemed to figure out how to contain it, with less than 5 weeks to prepare.

Have you ever played any competitive sports? I used to be a nationally ranked track and field athlete; and on many occasions I was insulted when anyone thought they could beat me, It is just the way competitive people think. Like Randy Moss saying earlier this year that he was being disrespected, because some team tried to single cover him. Reading comprehension? I guess that some sort of shot at me calling me dumb or stupid, huh? Cut the personal attacks.

OU4LIFE
12/21/2008, 09:58 AM
with extra sprints after practice.

with all of their amazing, other worldly speed, I see no reason for them to have to run extra.

sitzpinkler
12/21/2008, 12:06 PM
I don't get what you mean by 'they will be for our offense'. what am I missing here?

L-Boy
12/21/2008, 01:37 PM
Have you ever played any competitive sports? I used to be a nationally ranked track and field athlete; and on many occasions I was insulted when anyone thought they could beat me, It is just the way competitive people think. Like Randy Moss saying earlier this year that he was being disrespected, because some team tried to single cover him. Reading comprehension? I guess that some sort of shot at me calling me dumb or stupid, huh? Cut the personal attacks.

Tissue?

delhalew
12/21/2008, 04:37 PM
You stay classy San Diego. From what I have read on here you are not the typical OU fan and I doubt most would identify with you. So you jut keep the mouse in the house and shhhhhh.

What, you cant appreciate a good Andrew "Dice" Clay reference. Don't take it personally.

Crucifax Autumn
12/21/2008, 06:04 PM
They aren't only kinda slow about football, their geography sucks too.

LitiG8R
12/21/2008, 10:23 PM
They aren't only kinda slow about football, their geography sucks too.

Can't appreciate a good Ron Burgandy quote fella? Yea they didnt cover geography in law school...my bad

OU4LIFE
12/22/2008, 07:58 AM
I don't like to flame,

yep, they completely ran us off the field. Held Sammy to 5 touchdowns.

CobraKai
12/22/2008, 11:30 AM

True, but I watched those same 5 OL play against Texas Tech last year and lose. This year they had decent success.