PDA

View Full Version : Which MNC Loss Stings the Most?

SbOrOiNaEnR
12/20/2008, 01:27 AM
It's late, so if I'm forgetting more than these five, feel free to call me on it, but my question for discussion is which OU bowl game loss where a victory would've (more than likely) meant a National Championship hurt the most? I have the following candidates in mind, but feel free to add more if I'm forgetting any:

1978 Orange Bowl: # 2 OU - 6, #6 Arkansas - 31: The loss Switzer called the most embarassing and humiliating of his career; we get shut out for 3 quarters before finally putting up 6 when the game is long since out of reach.

1985 Orange Bowl: #2 OU - 17, #4 Washington - 28: The game where the Schooner gets flagged for Unsportsmanlike for getting stuck in the mud in front of the Washington bench; Switzer doesn't blame the loss on that, though.

1988 Orange Bowl: #1 OU - 14, #2 Miami - 20: Two winningest programs of the previous four years, and a rare, pre-BCS #1-vs-#2 bowl matchup. Game wasn't as close as the final score indicates, and the 'Canes pretty much shut down the 'Bone all night long.

2004 Sugar Bowl: #1 OU - 14, #2 LSU - 21: Much to the Chagrin of the AP voters, OU makes its way to New Orleans. Shell-shocked from an improbable shellacking at the hands of KSU and the run game of The Little Tank, and with a banged-up Jason White at the helm, OU is still a dropped pass from tying that game late in the 4th.

2005 Orange Bowl: TGWWDNSO

Discuss.

Personally, my vote goes for the 1988 Orange Bowl against Miami. We had a 20-game win streak going into that game, we led the country in both scoring offense and scoring defense for the second straight year, and up to that point, save for a close game against Missouri, we'd just been MANHANDLING opponents. In addition, that was the third and final of the 3 mid-80s Miami losses that made 2007 oh-so-sweet.

TGWWDNSO is a close second, but we weren't heavy favorites in that game, and that USC team was freakin' good, and loaded with future NFL talent. No shame in losing to them, the shame comes in what the scoreboard said at the end of the night.

Crucifax Autumn
12/20/2008, 01:40 AM
If you abbreviate it...you speak of it! Get thee behind me Satan!

Crucifax Autumn
12/20/2008, 01:43 AM
'85 Orange Bowl is the one that pisses me off most.

'88 frustrates me most.

'04 annoys me most.

'78 confuses me most

Yep...that's ALL 4 times we lost it.

itsok
12/20/2008, 03:05 AM
1988...then again, we lost our star QB a few games before that...
The good thing is that we have our chances to win it all just about every decade (excpet for the 90's)...make it 8 in 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!

KingBarry
12/20/2008, 04:32 AM
Those all suck. Thanks for making me think about all those games. :mad:

But, if forced to choose a "favorite":rolleyes: , I'd have to say the 78 Orange Bowl against Arkansas still really hurts the most, even after all these years.

Rocker
12/20/2008, 08:14 AM
All of them!

TXBOOMER
12/20/2008, 09:20 AM
88 sucked because everytime we did something positive we magically got a penalty.

oumartin
12/20/2008, 09:21 AM
I was 5 in 78 so I don't recall that game.
the Orange Bowl against Washington I remember watching and the Schooner incident but nothing more beyond that. I had no clue the NC was even on the line in that game. I recall more clearly that year the Stansberry INT in the cotton bowl that was missed by the "eyes of texas".

The 88 Orange bowl sucked cuz Miami owned OU in those games. but its many years ago and time heals most wounds.

the 04 Sugar Bowl was mind boggling to me as LSU was so dominate for 3 quarters but they were so out of gas come the 4th quarter that OU should have won that game. Thanks Chuck.

My mind gets a little fuzzy after that

Harry Beanbag
12/20/2008, 09:23 AM
Over the years the pain of the Miami losses has subsided, they were just better than OU, plain and simple.

It'll be difficult to ever top USC in my book. Absolutely humiliating. That game affected the way I view and the importance I place on sports.

oumartin
12/20/2008, 09:25 AM
It'll be difficult to ever top USC in my book

Yeah, Rodney Peete got the better of us that day ;)

TMcGee86
12/20/2008, 09:35 AM
I didn't sleep a single second the night of TGOWWDNS. I was literally sick to my stomach all night. Prior to that I really never thought a game could get to me like that.

I was 2 yrs old in 78 so I don't remember that game, but for those that do, is that was it was like? Or was it worse? I can't imagine anything being worse.

Doged
12/20/2008, 09:39 AM
To me, it's the '78 Orange Bowl. Who was that Hog RB that had the career day against us? I forget his name, but it was maddening watching OUr guys get beat like that.

Harry Beanbag
12/20/2008, 09:43 AM
Roland Sales?

OUHOMER
12/20/2008, 09:44 AM
I remember them all. hard to pick, But I just knew we were going to come back and beat LSU. I was pumped and jumping around. than a series of play calls and i was "what are you doing". I was pissed....

Back in '88 i hated Miami worst than i hate tx

cheezyq
12/20/2008, 09:50 AM
'88, hands down. There was something about watching friggin' Jimmy Johnson with his ridiculous hair being carried off the field that will forever burn in my memory.

KingBarry
12/20/2008, 09:53 AM
It'll be difficult to ever top USC in my book. Absolutely humiliating. That game affected the way I view and the importance I place on sports.

Good thought, but the Boo Blake years :rolleyes: did that for me.

Jdog
12/20/2008, 10:06 AM
All of them!

Ditto

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/20/2008, 10:27 AM
If this ugly thread would serve as a motivator to the '08 team heading into the NC game, then send it to Bob Stoops, so the team can read it!

WA. Sooner
12/20/2008, 10:39 AM
My damn shop teacher was a piggie

WileyCoyote
12/20/2008, 11:15 AM
It's late, so if I'm forgetting more than these five, feel free to call me on it, but my question for discussion is which OU bowl game loss where a victory would've (more than likely) meant a National Championship hurt the most? I have the following candidates in mind, but feel free to add more if I'm forgetting any:

1978 Orange Bowl: # 2 OU - 6, #6 Arkansas - 31: The loss Switzer called the most embarassing and humiliating of his career; we get shut out for 3 quarters before finally putting up 6 when the game is long since out of reach.

1985 Orange Bowl: #2 OU - 17, #4 Washington - 28: The game where the Schooner gets flagged for Unsportsmanlike for getting stuck in the mud in front of the Washington bench; Switzer doesn't blame the loss on that, though.

1988 Orange Bowl: #1 OU - 14, #2 Miami - 20: Two winningest programs of the previous four years, and a rare, pre-BCS #1-vs-#2 bowl matchup. Game wasn't as close as the final score indicates, and the 'Canes pretty much shut down the 'Bone all night long.

2004 Sugar Bowl: #1 OU - 14, #2 LSU - 21: Much to the Chagrin of the AP voters, OU makes its way to New Orleans. Shell-shocked from an improbable shellacking at the hands of KSU and the run game of The Little Tank, and with a banged-up Jason White at the helm, OU is still a dropped pass from tying that game late in the 4th.

2005 Orange Bowl: TGWWDNSO

Discuss.

Personally, my vote goes for the 1988 Orange Bowl against Miami. We had a 20-game win streak going into that game, we led the country in both scoring offense and scoring defense for the second straight year, and up to that point, save for a close game against Missouri, we'd just been MANHANDLING opponents. In addition, that was the third and final of the 3 mid-80s Miami losses that made 2007 oh-so-sweet.

TGWWDNSO is a close second, but we weren't heavy favorites in that game, and that USC team was freakin' good, and loaded with future NFL talent. No shame in losing to them, the shame comes in what the scoreboard said at the end of the night.

Well said, I am in TOTAL agreement. I am a '73 alum. Gawd that 1978 Orange Bowl hurt. In addition to what you posted about it. OU was an 18pt favorite, Holtz was a 1st yr coach, ARK had 3 key starters suspended just prior to the game. NOBODY gave them a chance. It made Holtz's career. He was doing a comedy act or something part-time on the side. Heck I guess he still is. :rolleyes:

soonervegas
12/20/2008, 11:16 AM

Yup. I will never go to another bowl/road trip based soley on following 19/20 yr old kids around. I am going to Miami to GO TO Miami, I may watch a football game while I am down there...but I don't base my road trips exclusively on the game itself.

tbl
12/20/2008, 11:22 AM

This makes me puke, but I feel the exact same way. Ugghhhh...

catsigater
12/20/2008, 11:39 AM
This makes me puke, but I feel the exact same way. Ugghhhh...

I was going to quote this and make some smart-*** comment about your next loss being worse, but I can't go there with someone who has 1,254,342 posts.

StoopTroup
12/20/2008, 12:55 PM

tbl
12/20/2008, 01:05 PM
I was going to quote this and make some smart-*** comment about your next loss being worse, but I can't go there with someone who has 1,254,342 posts.

Everything is not as it appears... ;)

On topic, I see no way that loss will ever be topped. Even *IF* Florida were to win this year, there's no chance it would be that lopsided. I can't imagine there are many Gator fans out there that truly believe they can completely dismantle this Sooner team... but the mental paralysis of people in the south when it comes to football can be a strong force, so maybe you actually think your team will dominate like that. If so, have fun with that.

catsigater
12/20/2008, 01:49 PM
Everything is not as it appears... ;)

On topic, I see no way that loss will ever be topped. Even *IF* Florida were to win this year, there's no chance it would be that lopsided. I can't imagine there are many Gator fans out there that truly believe they can completely dismantle this Sooner team... but the mental paralysis of people in the south when it comes to football can be a strong force, so maybe you actually think your team will dominate like that. If so, have fun with that.

Your 05 performance was nearly as bad as ours in '06, except I don't think there was any way possible we could've beaten Nebraska that year. OU "might" have had a chance against SC in '05, but as has been noted, they didn't come to play that day, for whatever reason.

That won't be the case for either team this year.

I've actually been a Gator doubter most of the season - in the sense that for most of our last half-season run, I never thought the team would perform at such a consistently high level - but no more.

I've no doubt we'll score often on OU, and I think our D will do fine.

Basically OU's offense has an advantage over any defense, and with the exception of a single play (with questionable play-calling), no one's really stopped UF, either.

Your D's middle is a question mark, and if our backs get into your secondary, as they have all year, then OU will have to rely on Bradford, Gresham and co to keep pace - something you're obviously comfortable doing.

So the 2 real questions are: 1) the UF D's ability to contain Gresham and make your running game irrelevant without stuffing the box - and 2) Special teams and turnovers. From what I've seen, UF has an advantage on STs and it's either close-to-even, or a slight edge to OU on TOs.

Despite what the OU fans think about UF's arrogance, I've watched Meyer long enough to know he won't allow that to take root in any form which might affect our play on the field. We'll be prepared.

SoonerTank
12/20/2008, 01:58 PM
To me the hardest loss to take was the 78 Orange Bowl against Arkansas. I remember reading in the newspaper about the suspended players on Arkansas team and knowing we were just full of the awesome goodness of life. We were going to destroy Arkansas. I also remember watching the news and a sports caster from a Tulsa station said, "There is proof that the Oklahoma team was drugged. Drug up and down the field." I didn't find it near as funny as the news caster did. :O

Dan Thompson
12/20/2008, 02:17 PM
2004 Orange Bowl: OU #2 19, #1 USC 55

http://www.soonerstats.com/football/seasons/schedule.cfm?seasonid=2004

KABOOKIE
12/20/2008, 02:18 PM
OU v. KU

76soonergrad
12/20/2008, 02:21 PM
Lsu was the worst because WE SHOULD HAVE WON!

Or at least forced an overtime. Remember 1st & ten from their 13 yard line? Remember their defense sucking air, barely able to stand. We had driven down the field by RUNNING the football. Down their throats.

Jason had a broken thumb and another issue--He was not himself. The run was working...Go with what is working. How hard was that?

Wilson seems more creative...but he has a lot of weapons there.

Oh, USC and WV were awful.

BoulderSooner79
12/20/2008, 02:46 PM
#1 - '04 LSU because we were the best team in country by a fair amount. We mysteriously disappeared for 1 1/2 games (probably not so mysterious - M Stoops leaving, Jason not healthy,other unknowns). If JW doesn't overthrow Jones and ties the game, we probably win. An incredible season wasted. :(

'88 orange bowl was the greatest match-up that never happened. Losing Holieway was as big as losing Sam would be this year. I've never seen a defense play so hard for so long in spite of the fact the offense could do absolutely nothing.

'05 orange hit fans hard because it was a rout, but USC was just better. Championship games are more likely to get out of hand because once it is over, there is no "play for next week" or "play for pride" motivation - a loss is a loss. You even seen this in the NFL in superbowls. I hated losing, but I got over the margin thing pretty quickly because USC deserved the win.

12/20/2008, 03:21 PM
A mod's mercy killing of this thread, or some who like to threadjack is what's needed here.

BoulderSooner79
12/20/2008, 03:24 PM
Some weather we've been having lately.

Soonersince57
12/20/2008, 03:46 PM
Well said, I am in TOTAL agreement. I am a '73 alum. Gawd that 1978 Orange Bowl hurt. In addition to what you posted about it. OU was an 18pt favorite, Holtz was a 1st yr coach, ARK had 3 key starters suspended just prior to the game. NOBODY gave them a chance. It made Holtz's career. He was doing a comedy act or something part-time on the side. Heck I guess he still is. :rolleyes:

Also disgusting was that Texas had lost earlier in the day and we could have been national champions instead of them. The the voters jumped Notre Dame from #5 to #1.

PDXsooner
12/20/2008, 03:56 PM
The LSU loss in the Sugar Bowl. After being so frustrated for 3+ quarters, OU started to take control in the 4th. For some reason, after running the ball right down the field on a worn-out LSU defense late in the game down 7, we began throwing the ball on every play inside the LSU 20. There is no question we would have:

A) scored had we continued to run for 2 or 3 more plays
B) Won the game if it had gone into OT

OU had seized the momentum. J White overthrowing KeJuan by 8 inches and Clayton dropping a sure TD will always haunt me.

The loss in '88 wasn't so frustrating because Miami simply outplayed us. However, I do wonder what might have been different had Jamielle played instead of CT (who was a true freshamn playing in his 3rd game).

47Wins
12/20/2008, 05:19 PM
'05, nothing else compares to the total emotional collapse I suffered due to that game. To this day I would love to be able to ask Coach Stoops "what happened". I've watched OU since before a lot of you were born and I've never seen an OU team simply lay-down. Even the teams that Blake fielded didn't just surrender their man-hood like that game.

oumartin
12/20/2008, 05:27 PM
I blame it on the wrong cleats. Pure and simple. OU wins that game with the right shoes ;)

adoniijahsooner
12/20/2008, 06:08 PM
Losing to Miami in the orange bowl, and seeing that SI cover with their player kissing the girl on the cover.

olevetonahill
12/20/2008, 06:24 PM
As has been said Every goddamn one of em .

RiddlerOK
12/20/2008, 06:24 PM
For me it's a close race between the 1978 Orange Bowl and the 2004 Sugar Bowl. Both losses could have been avoided because OU had the talent to win each game. I was 16 when the Sooners lost in 1978 and that stung for a long, long time. I still can't understand what happened that night. They looked lost on the field. Against LSU, I thought they would pull it out in the end but they got away from the running game. Plus, being a native of Louisiana, I was completely embarrased at the way the Tiger fans treated their guests on Bourbon Street. That was enough to convince me I would never live in Louisiana again.

L-Boy
12/20/2008, 06:25 PM
Your 05 performance was nearly as bad as ours in '06, except I don't think there was any way possible we could've beaten Nebraska that year. OU "might" have had a chance against SC in '05, but as has been noted, they didn't come to play that day, for whatever reason.

That won't be the case for either team this year.

I've actually been a Gator doubter most of the season - in the sense that for most of our last half-season run, I never thought the team would perform at such a consistently high level - but no more.

I've no doubt we'll score often on OU, and I think our D will do fine.

Basically OU's offense has an advantage over any defense, and with the exception of a single play (with questionable play-calling), no one's really stopped UF, either.

Your D's middle is a question mark, and if our backs get into your secondary, as they have all year, then OU will have to rely on Bradford, Gresham and co to keep pace - something you're obviously comfortable doing.

So the 2 real questions are: 1) the UF D's ability to contain Gresham and make your running game irrelevant without stuffing the box - and 2) Special teams and turnovers. From what I've seen, UF has an advantage on STs and it's either close-to-even, or a slight edge to OU on TOs.

Despite what the OU fans think about UF's arrogance, I've watched Meyer long enough to know he won't allow that to take root in any form which might affect our play on the field. We'll be prepared.

138 posts already?? You have been busy.

Hopefully we will give sooner fans more choices to choose from in future such threads. ;)

Soonerfan88
12/20/2008, 06:52 PM
OU v. KU

+1

From the list given: 1. LSU 1a. Arkansas

As a glutton for punishment, I experienced all 4 quarters of that debacle our last time in Miami. I've come to accept that if many of our players didn't care about winning that game, then neither should I.

OUAlumni1990
12/20/2008, 07:18 PM
55-19 sucked for me. The 1988 Orange bowl against Miami was not much fun either mainly because of all the taunting that Miami did before and during the game. I learned to hate Miami after that game. Can't wait until next year when we plaster them again.

OUAlumni1990
12/20/2008, 07:24 PM
Hey alittle off topic, but I just did some research and we've never lost 2 Orange bowls in a row.

MyT Oklahoma
12/20/2008, 08:16 PM

^^ What he said because we (OU fans) expected to dominate Arkansas that night but didn't even come close to their level of play. Happens.

Still that doesn't hurt as much as the memory of the '78 OU/Nebraska game. We were the better team but lost a National Championship that day. That game haunts me even more than the '71 OU/Nebraska game or any of the '80's losses to Miami.

Sabanball
12/20/2008, 09:47 PM
1978 Orange Bowl, without a doubt. It was OU' s for the taking with the Texas debacle in the cotton bowl earlier in the day. At least in the '88 Orange Bowl we knew at the end of the game the better team had won...

12/20/2008, 09:54 PM
1978 Orange Bowl, without a doubt. It was OU' s for the taking with the Texas debacle in the cotton bowl earlier in the day. At least in the '88 Orange Bowl we knew at the end of the game the better team had won...Switzer refused to throw a pass for the first 3 quarters of that '88 game. Miami had the d-line stacked all night. (ie we did NOT know that the better team had won) You might wanna stick with that Saban ball.

soonerinkeywest
12/20/2008, 10:13 PM
2005 just traumetized me,1988 was the first game MNC game I watched(I was 7)I remeber we all went crazy after the fumblerooskie but it was all for not.LSU pissed me off how we completely abandoned the ground game when LSU was wearing out.And JW was worse off than most people knew.

DallasSooner87
12/22/2008, 03:46 PM
Since I wasn't alive for most of these I am going to have to say the 04 Sugar Bowl. We were claimed as "the best college team ever" going into the big 12 title game, and we all know what happens to those teams. It also stings because SUC seems to think they played in the title game and claim some title I refuse to recognize.

Collier11
12/22/2008, 03:47 PM
The Sugar Bowl, despite how badly our offense and Jason played, we still should have won that damn game!

TUSooner
12/22/2008, 04:01 PM
'78 confuses me most. Yep. That's the first and last time I ever drank myself into a stupor over a sporting event. It was just crushing.

'04 annoys me most. Definitely. I had to hear "Tiger bait!" for weeks before and after. Dissssss-gusting

The USC beat-down you silly people don't want to talk about was bad, but it was a "perfect storm" scenario. The condoms just did everything so perfectly that it was unreal. They've never played that well since. Anyway, I was numbed by their 1st 8 or 9 TD passes. :O So that one wasn't as bad as '78 or even the Boise State & West Va. fiascoes that were not BCSMNC games.

Iam4OUru
12/22/2008, 06:17 PM
To me, it's the '78 Orange Bowl. Who was that Hog RB that had the career day against us? I forget his name, but it was maddening watching OUr guys get beat like that.

Roland Sales ran for over 200 yards. He was a replacement for suspended star Ben Cowins. Other than the loss to SoCal, this one shocks me most.

RedstickSooner
12/22/2008, 07:11 PM
That stupid game in Miami. I went. And it bugs the heck out of me every time I hear people saying, "Well, y'know, that USC team was loaded with talent."

Yeah?

Really?

WTF did we have? Chopped liver?

We had the PRO BOWL MVP. We had a heisman winner. We had a solid defense. We had a team which had lost only ONE big game in years -- the previous loss to LSU in the Sugar, and we lost that one with an injured QB and a lousy running game.

We were healthy.

We had Bradley AND Clayton at wideout. Our team was absolutely SICK with talent. If you'd told me before the game the final outcome, I would've laughed my *** off. I wouldn't even be pissed at you. I'd just think you were high, or pulling my leg. I would've bet my children that, at worst, we'd lose by a touchdown or two in a game that stayed tight all night. (Which is probably, in part, why I don't gamble on football).

And I still maintain, with the athletes we had, with everyone healthy, as we were, if we played that game a dozen times, we win eight. If you believe in a multitude of alternate universes, in the majority we *did* win.

So, for me, that's the hardest one. Because, to date, I still don't grok what the fudge happened. We came out a bit flat, but it was after Bradley fielded that punt that things truly imploded -- and the team absolutely gave up. I didn't get it at all. I didn't get my fellow fans, either. I kept standing up and yelling whenever we were on defense, but I'd look over, and after the first quarter, (I was on the OU side) all our fans were just standing there with their arms crossed. Looking like they were listening to a sales pitch they didn't want to hear -- not like fans trying to root for their team. And before then, they'd just been yelling all the time. Not trying to help the team.

There was a lot I didn't get about the game.

And still don't.

PLaw
12/22/2008, 08:32 PM
'78 OB was a waste - Switzer and the boys had one helluva a party.

'04 OB was (is) embarrassing. My God, to get half a hundred hung on your head in a Championship Game with a recognized "defensive mastermind" at the healm. My gosh.

BOOMER

the_ouskull
12/22/2008, 08:59 PM
The USC game, because it marked the death of "Big Game Bob." He'd gotten back his manhood after the back-to-back losses to KSU and LSU the year before by the way he beat the devilf*ck out of teams in 2004... except USC... which made everything that we'd done that season look like a freaking fluke. Teams stopped being scared of us. It showed in 2005, too. When they were able to take a shot at us, they took every bit of it, and we didn't do a lot about it. I mean, it didn't help that Bomar peckerslapped our season from the beginning, anyway, but still. That USC game carried over into the next year too. As far as I'm concerned, it's a cloud that still hangs over this team, somewhat. We haven't won a BCS game since then. There's only one way to exercise the demon...

...and that's to beat up on the angel.

http://jimdriscoll.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/tebow-superman.jpg

But, honestly, I'm not one to rag on the guy. Aside from the fact that he is, by all accounts, an incredibly decent human being... he's got GAME.

http://www.yardbarker.com/m/4060/xl/tim-tebow-girl.jpg

(I apologize for the old pic, but D*MN!)

the_ouskull

aero
12/22/2008, 09:53 PM
Those all are disappointing because I can remember thinking we could and should have won them except the USC game. That one is the most frustrating for me because I thought, and still think, we were a better team than we showed and would have to at least played a better game, win or lose. We had some serious swagger and that game, IMO, deflated us somehow that I'm not sure we have yet to recover. I actually felt like we were getting over the hump in the TT game this year and I felt like it was confirmation with the OKSt game. Now the real test.

OUAlumni1990
12/23/2008, 12:08 AM
Whether its an NC game or not, each loss is equally painful.

BoulderSooner79
12/23/2008, 12:21 AM
I don't think the loss to 'SC carried into '05 - half our starters were drafted by the NFL. '05 was the biggest rebuilding year for Stoops outside of '99 and it was a great coaching job. And we won our bowl game against a 10-win Oregon team.

SoonerBoognish
12/23/2008, 12:34 AM
I'm also not old enough to have seen a lot of these, but the SC one is the worst for me for one simple reason. No matter how I think we match up with a team, that debacle still puts a damper on my excitement. It's as confusing now as it was when i saw it, then subsequently forgot most of it. Fortunately my state of mind means little in all of this.

Although, the one positive viewpoint i took from it is, if it could happen to OU, surely it's possible for an epic collapse to happen to an evenly matched opponent. So i've got that going for me.

Pigface1
12/23/2008, 01:10 PM
For me, it was vs USC. The main reason is b/c I spent a small fortune to go out there to watch OU seemingly quit. Then you get back and hear players on the sideline were talking about how they just want to get out of there, etc.

The only good thing about that game was 85k USC and OU fans in unison boo Ashley Simpson. lol

And the F/A 18 fly over was cool.

Pigface1
12/23/2008, 01:14 PM

[Doc Holiday]Now I really hate him.[/Doc Holiday]

http://photos.napalm.net/clubsi/motorboat.gif

Okie35
12/23/2008, 01:22 PM

(I apologize for the old pic, but D*MN!)

the_ouskull

http://i39.tinypic.com/16h0uba.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/2820qhl.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/33dl3zk.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/vq3y3q.jpg
(there you go then ouskull)

but the usc game put me into a coma... and it wasn't because of how good usc played it was of how bad we played after we had momentum and the lead... :( :mad:

OUAlumni1990
12/23/2008, 01:38 PM
You forgot about this one:

http://www.pro-sportsmemorabilia.com/lucypinder.jpg

Pigface1
12/23/2008, 01:43 PM
Holy crap.

frankensooner
12/23/2008, 01:46 PM
1988 Orange Bowl: #1 OU - 14, #2 Miami - 20: beause I was in there and being pelted with trash by Miami fans was not fun.

OUAlumni1990
12/23/2008, 02:28 PM
1988 Orange Bowl: #1 OU - 14, #2 Miami - 20: beause I was in there and being pelted with trash by Miami fans was not fun.

I believe it was that game that Miami forever defined "bad sportsmanship". Texas apparently took lessons.

Collier11
12/23/2008, 05:20 PM
Some of you are frickin stalkers...Thanks!!!

the_ouskull
12/25/2008, 08:00 PM
Well, if I'd have seen those pics yesterday, I'd have said that Christmas came early.

Instead, I'm just going to quit before I say something that might get me banned, arrested, or "divorced."

the_ouskull