PDA

View Full Version : More evidence I joined the right company

royalfan5
12/19/2008, 11:52 PM
Our company Christmas party centered around watching Trading Places. I feel like entering an order to short an FCOJ contract right now.

John Kochtoston
12/20/2008, 12:12 AM
Our company Christmas party centered around watching Trading Places. I feel like entering an order to short an FCOJ contract right now.

Y'all's just a bunch of bookies, aren't you?

Chuck Bao
12/20/2008, 12:23 AM
You probably did. My company's senior management likes to make their own silly movies with some sort of moral redeeming theme. One year, they based their movie on Titanic, which probably wasn't the best choice.

They make us watch it and then give each employee a DVD copy as our Christmas gift.

Trading Places is at least watchable.

Hot Rod
12/20/2008, 11:00 AM
My fav scene:

Agent Orange (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObttZ-XxDkk)

SoonerJack
12/20/2008, 12:26 PM
ok, I just kinda skimmed over what you wrote and I thought you said "Trading Spaces." I was like, ooooh kayy.

King Crimson
12/20/2008, 12:31 PM
i love those commercials where "goofy, arty" capitalism is embodied with a lot of ping-pong and scooters in the hallways. what's next?

caddyshack vs. animal house?

the economy is so goofy and 80's pop cult oriented these days.

if i'm a trend reader, i'm not sure i think wacky nostalgia fun is a good thing.

yeah, i know. FU KC. dig.

1890MilesToNorman
12/20/2008, 12:37 PM
I was in corp America for 15 years and didn't attend a single Christmas party, I loved all the stories about them over the next week, very revealing things about people. Alcohol and work don't mix very well, even in a corp party atmosphere. :D

tbl
12/20/2008, 12:38 PM
ok, I just kinda skimmed over what you wrote and I thought you said "Trading Spaces." I was like, ooooh kayy.

That's exactly what I thought... I was thinking, "Yeah, you found the gayest company on the planet".

Flagstaffsooner
12/20/2008, 12:55 PM
Cornholer fans are a bit odd.