PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma the new Quarterback U!

oumartin
12/19/2008, 07:03 PM
Don't know if anyone posted this column but its pretty decent read.
here is the link to the story.

4 times in the past 8 years an OU qb has been in new york.
2 winners
1 runner up
1 third place finish.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/935180.html

Frozen Sooner
12/19/2008, 07:08 PM
Before I'd grant us that moniker, I'd like us to have at least one who sticks in the NFL. We're certainly putting out a bunch of really good college QBs though, and I think we'll solve the NFL jinx in the next year or so. :D

Heck, anyone else remember when Washington had like six QBs starting in the NFL?

tommieharris91
12/19/2008, 07:13 PM
LOL. This is like calling aggy tailback U.

oumartin
12/19/2008, 07:17 PM
interesting the last OU QB to complete a pass in the NFL other than Troy Aikman was way back in like 1949..

thats a drought there.

OKC-SLC
12/19/2008, 08:33 PM
I believe I heard that no quarterback who completed his career at Oklahoma has started a game at QB in the NFL.

I'm not sure if that's true, but I can't think of one off hand.

L-Boy
12/19/2008, 10:03 PM
Don't know if anyone posted this column but its pretty decent read.
here is the link to the story.

4 times in the past 8 years an OU qb has been in new york.
2 winners
1 runner up
1 third place finish.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/935180.html

Probably not unlike Spurrier at FL in the 90's. Its a function of the system - whoever is the QB in that system is going to be a contender in the national picture because of the stats.

I think Bradford is pretty impressive, but the prior 3 were not so hot as I recall.

OKC-SLC
12/19/2008, 10:14 PM
Probably not unlike Spurrier at FL in the 90's. Its a function of the system - whoever is the QB in that system is going to be a contender in the national picture because of the stats.

I think Bradford is pretty impressive, but the prior 3 were not so hot as I recall.

You don't recall very well, as two of the prior 3 were the same person (J. White).

I'd argue that the system has been quite a bit different with each of the three QBS. With Heupel it was more of a true spread. With JW, we had Peterson and ran a more traditional offense. What we run now is something different all together.

That said, if "the system" equals "good coaching", then that'd be more accurate. We've had a very good run of coaching at the QB position.

BoulderSooner79
12/20/2008, 12:52 AM
I believe Jason White would have played in the NFL had his knees been healthier. I read that during his pro camps and tryout w/ the Titans, he couldn't do enough drop backs from center to even finish regular drills. I always wondered why he stayed for the '04 season, but in retrospect I'm sure he knew it was his last chance to play ball.