PDA

View Full Version : ANy decent college football on this weekend?

achiro
12/19/2008, 03:46 PM
Navy/Wake Forest maybe? I don't know if any of the games will be great but hey, at least it's college ball!!!
Arizona/BYU?

oupride
12/19/2008, 03:49 PM
Navy/Wake should be a separation game for the BCS Prediction contest. I will keep one eye on it!

8timechamps
12/19/2008, 03:53 PM
Nothing of note.

However, I thought the Army High School All-Star game was on last week. I was wrong, it's this week. A couple of future Sooners playing. And, I think Mcfarland is announcing his decision.

olevetonahill
12/19/2008, 04:50 PM
Im gonna be watching the Cats VS byu game

bent rider
12/19/2008, 05:09 PM
Im gonna be watching the Cats VS byu game

I'm interested to see how Mike Stoops can do in this one that should be a sort of shoot-out. The Mountain West conference is about 7-1 vs the Pac-10 this year, but Stoops should be able to get a blueprint on the kind of blitz packages that rattle Max Hall by watching TCU and Utah films vs BYU.

BYU just squeaked by UWashington, AzCats throttled them at home 48-14. Both of them thumped UCLA. Az managed to lose to New Mexico on the road; BYU beat UNM at home 21-3.

olevetonahill
12/19/2008, 05:18 PM
Plus Ive heard Bob will be there :cool:

stoops the eternal pimp
12/19/2008, 08:06 PM
playoff game on now

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/19/2008, 08:10 PM
Im gonna be watching the Cats VS byu gameWill this be Mike's last game coaching the Wildcats? Will he be a silly-as*ed Cyclone next year?

PenFLSooner
12/19/2008, 08:48 PM
I noticed that Montana is playing for the title tonight against Richmond. I wonder if it bothers J.D. that he is playing in that game instead of the BCS title?

olevetonahill
12/19/2008, 10:59 PM
Will this be Mike's last game coaching the Wildcats? Will he be a silly-as*ed Cyclone next year?

Only If hes stupid . He has the Cats turned around and Nothin but Good looking at him .

KingBarry
12/20/2008, 04:44 AM
Will this be Mike's last game coaching the Wildcats? Will he be a silly-as*ed Cyclone next year?

I don't think so. I think Mikey is maneuvering for a better contract.

Why would he go to Iowa State over AZ? I guess if he goes to ISU, he's got at least three years before he would be fired, while if he turns in another 5-win season in Tucson, he probably gets the door. So there's that. Otherwise, I can't see it.

Missouri has been owning the Norther, Nebraska is getting (and will stay) much better, and he'd have to face a couple of the South scoring machines year-in and year-out.

Ames just doesn't seem to offer much professionally for him to jump there.

The other factor is Bob Stoops. I think they both are on record that they don't want to coach in the same conference, as it would tear them up to have to try to beat each other.

That said, Mike and Cale seem to handle it pretty well.;)

Since71ASooner4Life
12/20/2008, 06:09 AM
Nothing of note.

However, I thought the Army High School All-Star game was on last week. I was wrong, it's this week. A couple of future Sooners playing. And, I think Mcfarland is announcing his decision.

After watching Gerald McCoy dominate in that game a few years ago, I knew we had a special player when he announced on signing day that he would be a Sooner. And after watching last year, you have to believe Ohio State has a very special player.

Since71ASooner4Life
12/20/2008, 06:25 AM
Nothing of note.

I believe Jan 3rd is the date

http://www.usarmyallamericanbowl.com/