PDA

View Full Version : Gators defense feel confident they can fluster Sooners

oupride
12/18/2008, 01:20 PM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-sportsufbeat18121808dec18,0,2343272.story

catsigater
12/18/2008, 01:40 PM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-sportsufbeat18121808dec18,0,2343272.story

I'm sure OU's D feels the same way about their chances against UF. If they don't, they shouldn't be on the field.

BillySims
12/18/2008, 01:48 PM
BOOMER!

birddog
12/18/2008, 01:51 PM
I'm sure OU's D feels the same way about their chances against UF. If they don't, they shouldn't be on the field.

yeah, i'm sure they do feel that way. just seems like you're boys are doing alot of gum flappin.

how would you react if stoops said he was looking forward to facing an sec offense?

birddog
12/18/2008, 01:52 PM
BOOMER!

and for the last time.....

SOONER!!

catsigater
12/18/2008, 02:08 PM
yeah, i'm sure they do feel that way. just seems like you're boys are doing alot of gum flappin.

how would you react if stoops said he was looking forward to facing an sec offense?

Two quotes, repeated over and over by a media looking to create a buzz, isn't gum flapping. Our guys have been on the receiving end of serious jawin' for quite awhile, esp. from D players talkin' smack about laying Tebow out. It never ends well for them.

Personally, I'd like our boys to STHU, but what they've said so far doesn't qualify as bulletin board material, IMO. It may make for passable message board fodder, esp over the long weeks until the game, but that's about it.

starclassic tama
12/18/2008, 02:40 PM
cool, i guess

i remember how much we talked before the 2005 orange bowl, and usc didn't say anything except they respect us. keep talkin gatahs

nbhadja88
12/18/2008, 02:45 PM
Like Tebow saying he would like to face Big 12 defenses. That was taken out of context. He said he would like to face them because he never has. It was out of curiosity, not really intended as an insult.

CaliBornSoonerBred
12/18/2008, 02:52 PM
when it comes down to it, OUr opinion of what is and what isn't bulletin board material doesn't matter. If any of the things said get under the skin of OUr coaches, players, or anyone on the field.........then it's bulletin board material. We all know what Tebow meant when he said he'd like to face Big 12 defenses with a smirk on his face. We can all defend OUr points all day long but if it fires up the players, then it's bulletin board material. Since a few of us in the Sooner Nation think some of these things said/printed were a slight against OUr team, then I have to believe OUr boys feel the same way.

Boomer38Sooner
12/18/2008, 02:58 PM
And also, when we kept our mouths quiet before the Missouri games that last two years, we have kicked some tail. I'm so glad Booger Daniels is gone

fadada1
12/18/2008, 03:03 PM
Like Tebow saying he would like to face Big 12 defenses. That was taken out of context. He said he would like to face them because he never has. It was out of curiosity, not really intended as an insult.

and what is they say about curiosity?

The Maestro
12/18/2008, 03:07 PM
"We've got a lot of good players who are going to get in [Bradford's] face and force him to make a bad pass," Dunlap said.

I guaran-damn-tee you this is bulletin board material.

What you think and what you say in public to media members are two different things. You would think Florida would know better or be coached more to shut up and save the talking for the game. Oh, well...I know Stoops has a history of using this kind of stuff against his opponents and for the motivation of our team. Just ask Mack Brown the first few years of the rivalry against Stoops. He learned to be as diplomatic as possible after that.

Redshirt
12/18/2008, 03:39 PM
Gee, after they 'fluster' him he'll be miffed, then they can perturb him, perhaps he will be taken aback. Just don't irk him or there will be heck to pay!

insuranceman_22
12/18/2008, 03:42 PM
Big Game - we better use whatever is available for that extra motivation. No egg this year, we're going to Miami to kick some @$$!

HiFiGator
12/18/2008, 03:56 PM
Redshirt wrote:

Gee, after they 'fluster' him he'll be miffed, then they can perturb him, perhaps he will be taken aback. Just don't irk him or there will be heck to pay!

That's pretty damn funny. I will give you that one.

coldblooded
12/18/2008, 04:06 PM
And also, when we kept our mouths quiet before the Missouri games that last two years, we have kicked some tail. I'm so glad Booger Daniels is gone

So, in the past, you guys felt the need to talk smack to MIZZU?? Isn't that a plainsman's version of clubbing baby seals? :O

SoonerBoognish
12/18/2008, 04:09 PM
"I'm all verklempt ... (sniff) ... talk amongst yourselves .. I'll give you a topic ...."

-Sam Bradford after facing mighty SEC defense

The Maestro
12/18/2008, 04:14 PM
So, in the past, you guys felt the need to talk smack to MIZZU?? Isn't that a plainsman's version of clubbing baby seals? :O

http://s2.thisnext.com/media/230x230_no_border/Stop-Clubbing-Baby-Seals-Shirt_5B6467E7.jpg

stoopified
12/18/2008, 04:25 PM
Like Tebow saying he would like to face Big 12 defenses. That was taken out of context. He said he would like to face them because he never has. It was out of curiosity, not really intended as an insult.Tebow said he apperciated what Harrell,Bradford and McCoy had done this year but he sure would like to play against Big 12 South defenses .The inference was QUITE CLEAR,it was NOT out of context.He is going to get his wish.

boomermagic
12/18/2008, 04:37 PM
there are at least 5 offenses in the big 12 that would score a bunch of points on Florida.. Don't these guy's get it at all ?