PDA

View Full Version : Peterson vs. Bush

soonerfan28
12/18/2008, 11:00 AM
I remember when Peterson went pro that people were saying that he wouldn't make it in the NFL and he couldn't do near what Reggie Bush could and even then when McFadden came out the haters reappeared to say that McFadden would be a better pro then Peterson. I just want to say to all the haters out there that Peterson is here to stay and Bush still sucks. Just my thoughts.

primetime43
12/18/2008, 11:09 AM
In Ad's rookie year he had more yards in 2 games than McFadden has all year. Here in Houston Texans fans feel pretty good about having Mario Williams instead of Reggie.

swardboy
12/18/2008, 11:11 AM
Amen brother.

engigator
12/18/2008, 11:14 AM
Bush is a nice player, but AD brings more to the RB position. Bush m,ay be a btter athlete, but AD can tote the rock like very few others. McFadden can't be judged by what he does with the Raiders. Al Davis is a nut job, and that whole organization is a joke.

For what it is worth, I drafted AD as the 5th overall selection in our fantasy football draft last year (2007) as I was sure he'd be a stud.

Knippz
12/18/2008, 11:16 AM
Bush is a nice player, but AD brings more to the RB position. Bush m,ay be a btter athlete, but AD can tote the rock like very few others. McFadden can't be judged by what he does with the Raiders. Al Davis is a nut job, and that whole organization is a joke.

For what it is worth, I drafted AD as the 5th overall selection in our fantasy football draft last year (2007) as I was sure he'd be a stud.

Bush is in no way a better athlete.

engigator
12/18/2008, 11:44 AM

If you say so. :rolleyes:

primetime43
12/18/2008, 11:48 AM

I'll 2nd that!

NormanPride
12/18/2008, 11:48 AM
He might be quicker, but he's not much faster and he's certainly not stronger.

catsigater
12/18/2008, 11:50 AM
I've been a Minnesota fan for 40 years. (Don't know why, I grew up in Florida).

AD's mah hero.

adoniijahsooner
12/18/2008, 11:50 AM
If you say so. :rolleyes:

He did say so, gator. :P

adoniijahsooner
12/18/2008, 11:52 AM
He might be quicker, but he's not much faster and he's certainly not stronger.

AD's 40 time is faster than Bush's. Look it up.

Partial Qualifier
12/18/2008, 11:57 AM
yeah, but AD didn't have Keith Jackson highlighting him before each snap with that yellow pointer thingy

My Opinion Matters
12/18/2008, 12:00 PM

d00d, it doesn't matter how fast AD is. On his best day, he's still only half as fast as every player on Florida's roster.

The Maestro
12/18/2008, 12:06 PM
d00d, it doesn't matter how fast AD is. On his best day, he's still only half as fast as every player on Florida's roster.

NO doubt! Just what I was thinking. And OU wasted his talent by not splitting up his time with three other backs who also ran under a 4.3. POOR COACHING!! :texan:

boomermagic
12/18/2008, 12:08 PM

Goo One ! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!

My Opinion Matters
12/18/2008, 12:12 PM
NO doubt! Just what I was thinking. And OU wasted his talent by not splitting up his time with three other backs who also ran under a 4.3. POOR COACHING!! :texan:

He wouldn't have cracked the starting line-up at Florida. They have 3 backs as good as Barry Sanders. A Gayturd told me so, right here on this very board. Seems pretty feasible to me. Who am I to doubt that?

engigator
12/18/2008, 12:17 PM
No biased opinions in here. Watch ing what the 2 did in college. Bush looks like the better all around athlete. I don't care who ran the faster forty time. I'm watching them with my own 2 eyes and think Bush is a better athlete...but AD is a better football player.

What can I say I love Bush :)

The Maestro
12/18/2008, 12:21 PM
I think Tavaris Jackson is a better athlete than Tom Brady.

So did a gaytor admit that being a better athlete doesn't make you a better football player?

My Opinion Matters
12/18/2008, 12:26 PM
So did a gaytor admit that being a better athlete doesn't make you a better football player?

This does not compute.

badger
12/18/2008, 12:28 PM
To the defense of players that are not Sooner...

Reggie Bush was a feel-good story for New Orleans (even if he held out for extra money, demanded to wear a number that the NFL wouldn't allow him to then stole a teammate's in return for a charitable donation and couldn't find the endzone for several games). He fell into New Orleans' laps at a time that they all needed something to look forward to (oh yes, here we go again) and the franchise needed a franchise player to fill the rebuilt Superdome. Reggie Bush's drafting by the Saints brought that excitement and preseason hype to the team that they desperately needed. Who cares if he flopped?! He had a nice smile and was in a ton of commercials! Go Saints!

(it sounds sarcastic, I know, but that's really about how things went down and it all worked out for them even if Reggie didn't become the team's savior like a certain Deuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce)

With Mario, the Texans got a player that wouldn't hold out for more money and even sign for less. They didn't need a running back, because they just stole Green Bay's (rage! rage! raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage!) Ahman Green. Thus, they got help at defense and all worked out, even if they passed on hometown boy Vince Young (and what a success he's turned out to be, lololololol).

Can you believe that Bob Stoops had to CONVINCE the Vikings to draft Peterson?! That Stoops had to tell them that he was the greatest running back ever and any team would be a d@mn fool to pass on him?! Hahahahahaha, so funny, so funny!

Meanwhile, Vince is pouting about his bench time and Matt Leinart has developed a callus from holding his clipboard :D

snp
12/18/2008, 01:00 PM

Bush ran a 4.33 at his pro day and AD's best time ever was 4.37.

Soonermagik
12/18/2008, 01:18 PM
Who cares about either of their 40 times? Both are great athletes, but there is no contest that Peterson is the better back.

Bush is flashy and is a great return man, but hasn't proven to be a dominant NFL running back. I like Reggie, but he's no Adrian. Actually, AD will probably get the NFL MVP this year. Not to mention, he was the MVP of the pro bowl last year in his rookie season.

IMHO, barring Injury, he could be one the greatest backs of all time.

adoniijahsooner
12/18/2008, 01:26 PM

He ran a 4.33 with wind at his back, I would not consider that official. Ad was indoors with electronic timing.

BoulderSooner79
12/18/2008, 01:27 PM
The only doubts about AD that I remember was could he stay healthy given his violent running style. He did miss a game or 2 last season after taking a helmet to the knee, but that had nothing to do with his style - that's just the hazards of being a running back. Being drafted 7th ain't bad, but it would be interesting to see where he would go in a do over. I can guarantee it wouldn't be later. :D

snp
12/18/2008, 02:11 PM
He ran a 4.33 with wind at his back, I would not consider that official. Ad was indoors with electronic timing.

Source that it was wind aided?

badger
12/18/2008, 02:21 PM
Source that it was wind aided?

Here. (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-usc040206&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

It mentions that there was wind during the Pro Day. It also mentions that most scouts timed him between 4.35 and 4.38.

The fact that it was done at USC's facility and not the combine should also be taken into consideration.

BetterSoonerThanLater
12/18/2008, 02:27 PM
No biased opinions in here. Watch ing what the 2 did in college. Bush looks like the better all around athlete. I don't care who ran the faster forty time. I'm watching them with my own 2 eyes and think Bush is a better athlete...but AD is a better football player.

well, maybe bush should stick to track, then. ;)

leave football to the "football players"

Knippz
12/18/2008, 02:31 PM

Not sure how .04 seconds on a 40 makes a difference on the football field.

Frozen Sooner
12/18/2008, 02:33 PM
Bush is marginally faster than Peterson by eyeball. He's definitely shiftier.

Peterson is incredibly stronger and more powerful than Bush.

badger
12/18/2008, 02:50 PM
Bush is marginally faster than Peterson by eyeball. He's definitely shiftier.

Peterson is incredibly stronger and more powerful than Bush.

So, in conclusion, if All Day was size of Bush Push, OU would not only have the greatest NFL running back, it would also have a faster man than Jamaica's Insane Bolt.

Frozen Sooner
12/18/2008, 03:11 PM
I'm just sayin'-put either of 'em in a pool and Michael Phelps drowns them.

JLEW1818
12/18/2008, 03:26 PM
In Ad's rookie year he had more yards in 2 games than McFadden has all year. Here in Houston Texans fans feel pretty good about having Mario Williams instead of Reggie.

I've literally yelled at Mario in 2 games this year yelling "Reggie who?" "Reggie who" REGGIE BUSH SUCKS!! Mario gets a chuckle out of it every time, gotta love 50 yard line seats.

snp
12/18/2008, 04:01 PM
Here. (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-usc040206&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

It mentions that there was wind during the Pro Day. It also mentions that most scouts timed him between 4.35 and 4.38.

The fact that it was done at USC's facility and not the combine should also be taken into consideration.

Yea and then it says the electronic timer had him at 4.33 which is more accurate than the scouts so that shouldn't be taken into effect. We also have no clue what the surface of the track is compared to the combine. And again, the article doesn't mention if the wind aided RB.

adoniijahsooner said to look it up that AD had a faster 40 time than RB - evidence shows otherwise.

NormanPride
12/18/2008, 04:26 PM
You are technically correct. Which as we all know is the best kind of correct.

SoonerShay
12/18/2008, 04:33 PM
Reggie Bush ran on a track with track spikes on at his pro day.
Peterson ran in shoes at the combine.

There is a big difference.

badger
12/18/2008, 04:39 PM
Yea and then it says the electronic timer had him at 4.33 which is more accurate than the scouts so that shouldn't be taken into effect.

Disagree. NFL Scouts are neutral, whereas the electronic equipment at USC's pro day was run by USC officials. Reggie Bush is a USC running back and a USC Heisman winner and when they announce him as potentially the overall No. 1 pick, they will say USC or University of Southern California and when USC releases their press guide the following year and mentions USC accomplishments, they will mention Reggie Bush as another USC Heisman winner and a USC All-American and a top overall (haha, second overall!) draft pick from USC.

Of course you think electronics are more accurate than humans tapping at stop watches, but do you think Bobby Knight bought that when clock issues at Lloyd Noble Center "cost him" (we win! you lose, stop crying, Knighto) a victory a few years back?

It's not like USC's record works in their favor, especially when they're known to look the other way at booster-bought houses and agent runners' $100 handshakes.

So anyways, long post short... DISAGREE!

Breadburner
12/18/2008, 04:50 PM
Too many dingleberry's pay to much attention to espn.....

snp
12/18/2008, 05:21 PM
Disagree. NFL Scouts are neutral, whereas the electronic equipment at USC's pro day was run by USC officials. Reggie Bush is a USC running back and a USC Heisman winner and when they announce him as potentially the overall No. 1 pick, they will say USC or University of Southern California and when USC releases their press guide the following year and mentions USC accomplishments, they will mention Reggie Bush as another USC Heisman winner and a USC All-American and a top overall (haha, second overall!) draft pick from USC.

Of course you think electronics are more accurate than humans tapping at stop watches, but do you think Bobby Knight bought that when clock issues at Lloyd Noble Center "cost him" (we win! you lose, stop crying, Knighto) a victory a few years back?

It's not like USC's record works in their favor, especially when they're known to look the other way at booster-bought houses and agent runners' $100 handshakes.

So anyways, long post short... DISAGREE!

Putting aside any allegations that can't be supported, an electronic timing system is superior to human controlled systems because of the margin of error in a human timer. Reaction time is slower with humans and the computer system is more precise as to when the runners cross the 40 yard mark. And since this silly argument has delved so far into this, you can see how those fractions of a second matter.

adoniijahsooner
12/18/2008, 07:36 PM
Putting aside any allegations that can't be supported, an electronic timing system is superior to human controlled systems because of the margin of error in a human timer. Reaction time is slower with humans and the computer system is more precise as to when the runners cross the 40 yard mark. And since this silly argument has delved so far into this, you can see how those fractions of a second matter.

What matters is AD is on his second pro bowl, and bush is finishing the season injured on a team that will not make the playoffs. If the 2 were running side by side I fully believe that Adrian Peterson would win based off of his heart, desire, and sheer determination not to lose.

soonerinabilene
12/18/2008, 08:13 PM

You are one racist mofo, mike.;)

bluedogok
12/18/2008, 10:01 PM
Bush isn't a prototypical running back, he couldn't last being an every down, through the line type of back that is the traditional type of back. He is a bit more of a specialty player and excels at plays where they can get him the ball in space instead of him trying to find a hole in the line. I could see him developing into a part-time Marshall Faulk type of back with that offense but he needs work. There is no way he was worth being that high of a pick but then Cedric Benson was a high pick as well, I would have taken Bush before him.

Curly Bill
12/18/2008, 10:07 PM
Bush hasn't performed up to expectations in NO because he was pissed about taking a pay cut to go play there.

aero
12/18/2008, 11:01 PM
No doubt Bush is a great athlete. Is AD better? Who knows. I've seen some pretty slick moves from Bush. I think he HAD to develop some moves because he wasn't going to run over any body. I've also seen some pretty incredible moves from AD. Which is harder. Those moves from a small back or a large back? I would say while it would not surprise me to see AD (if he desired) to make some of the same moves as Bush, there are things AD can do that Bush will NEVER be able to do. AD is special and that's obvious to ANYBODY who's watched football for any length of time.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/19/2008, 12:07 AM
Reggie Bush ran on a track with track spikes and rocket boosters on at his pro day.
Peterson ran in flip-flops and in his football uniform at the combine.

There is a big difference. I don't see how that could be.

Jmorales22
12/19/2008, 01:41 AM
AD is bigger, stronger, and at worst about as fast as Reggie Bush. He's obviously also a more gifted runner as far as knowing where to find the holes, and how to get yards. Case Closed.

adoniijahsooner
12/19/2008, 05:59 AM

I'm just saying, put Michael Phelps in a boxing ring and Mike Tyson eats him.

:D

Breadburner
12/19/2008, 07:39 AM
Robin Givens could destroy Tyson and Phelps at the same time....They would both be quivering on the floor in the fetal position after she was done with them, in the pool,ring,octagon,bedroom I don't care.......

soonerfan28
12/21/2008, 12:14 PM
I guess the next argument for Bush could be that AD has a better O-line. Everybody knows that Minnesota is a run first team and they still can't stop him.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/21/2008, 12:46 PM
Whatever happened to the NCAA investigation of the house Bush bought for his folks while he was at USC, anyway?

ouleaf
12/21/2008, 12:48 PM
Reggie's problem is that he is just going against superior athletes/tacklers than what he faced in college. Reggie doesn't have the same strength and power that allows Peterson to break more tackles at the NFL level. Sure Reggie still has the home-run capabilities in the NFL, but they are a bit diminished from what he was able to do in college purely b/c of the increased talent level.

Reggie can still be a great back in my mind. If put in the right system with a solid O-line, he can become a very potent weapon on a consistent basis. Similar to Westbrook with the Eagles, but he really has to work his *** off to get up to that level.

PLaw
12/21/2008, 12:53 PM

The NFL hasn't seen a running back like AD since Bo Jackson. AD combines Jim Brown like power with Gayle Sayers elusiveness. While Bush is more like a Joe Washington, it will be interesting to see if he has Little Joe's longevity.

If AD stays healthy, then he will be in the Jim Brown, Walter Payton, and Eric Dickerson discussions when it comes time to induct him into the NFL HOF. At this point, I don't see Bush headed to the HOF.

BOOMER

sooneredaco
12/21/2008, 02:23 PM

gay