PDA

View Full Version : FireFox ******-*******s,HELLLLP!

LoyalFan
12/18/2008, 08:57 AM
I "upgraded" (Ha!) from FireFox 2 to version 3 yesterday. Since then everything has moved at the pace of cold molasses. It took six minutes for a Wikipedia topic to load and reading the online edition of the San Antonio Excuse For News is a grind as well. The old version was quick and slick. What gives and what can I do about it?
Also, with version 2 I could click Bookmarks in the tool bar and they dropped right down. All I had to do was click on Organize Bookmarks and they reshuffled to the proper order. Now, when I click on Bookmarks and Organize, a box opens and I have two more steps to perform to place them in order and I must repeat this carp each time I open Bookmarks. I thought the Bookmarks would have carried over as they were when I upgraded...not so.
I also use Netscape for certain browsing chores and it functions flawlessly and has done so each time I've upgraded to a newer version.
Can someone patiently and slooowwwwllllllyyyyyy "talk me" through a fix for my FireFox 3?

Thanks,

LF

OUMallen
12/18/2008, 09:48 AM
1. go to www.google.com/chrome
2. Download program.
3. Install.

:) I jsut upgraded to FFox 3.0 at home, so we'll see if I have the same problems you do (I am sure I will...) I have been using chrome at work and really like it.

LoyalFan
12/18/2008, 02:33 PM
1. go to www.google.com/chrome
2. Download program.
3. Install.

:) I jsut upgraded to FFox 3.0 at home, so we'll see if I have the same problems you do (I am sure I will...) I have been using chrome at work and really like it.

I'll look into it, and thanks.
I wonder why my thread title was asterisked when all I said was "****** (hyphen) *******s". Oh well.

Anyone else have any advice?

LF