PDA

View Full Version : NYC Poke Is My hero

olevetonahill
12/18/2008, 01:20 AM
Hell hes smackin the gators down worse than Steve Irwin .
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/232839/remembering_steve/

JLEW1818
12/18/2008, 01:23 AM
hehe

olevetonahill
12/18/2008, 01:25 AM
hehe

Plus he said the Checks in the Mail ;)

Crucifax Autumn
12/18/2008, 01:54 AM
He's pretty smart for a poke!

olevetonahill
12/18/2008, 01:58 AM
Lid Negged me cause I said I speked a Poke :D
I always Neg the Lid :D

Crucifax Autumn
12/18/2008, 02:09 AM
At least he didn't hire a plane to fly a banner around your house.

SteelCitySooner
12/18/2008, 02:10 AM
-heh. we're on the same page

Crucifax Autumn
12/18/2008, 02:15 AM
I noticed! lmao

SteelCitySooner
12/18/2008, 02:16 AM
fast pages rock.. where's olevet?

olevetonahill
12/18/2008, 02:18 AM
fast pages rock.. where's olevet?

Ima Jes tryin to keep up LOL

olevetonahill
12/18/2008, 02:19 AM
At least he didn't hire a plane to fly a banner around your house.

Well he did But I shot it down :O

Crucifax Autumn
12/18/2008, 02:31 AM
Hope you extracted the bodies and cooked 'em long and slow!

olevetonahill
12/18/2008, 02:34 AM
Hope you extracted the bodies and cooked 'em long and slow!

naw , had to boil em and make :texan: dumplins ;)

Crucifax Autumn
12/18/2008, 02:36 AM
Yummy! Just don't have more than one serving or you'll get a Macklignant brain tumor and talk funny and cry a lot till you crawl to your deathbed.

olevetonahill
12/18/2008, 02:40 AM
Yummy! Just don't have more than one serving or you'll get a Macklignant brain tumor and talk funny and cry a lot till you crawl to your deathbed.

Too Late :eek:

Crucifax Autumn
12/18/2008, 03:16 AM
Well, you have one more condition to add to your list of ailments now!

mxATVracer10
12/18/2008, 11:03 AM

you forgot to mention the uncontrollable clapping :texan:

Knippz
12/18/2008, 11:07 AM
The situation is pretty bad when we have OUr in-state rival owning the fans of the team we're playing in the MNC.

This even tops the Tech fans owning the UT fans, when we were in a 3 way tie.

I've gotta say, it's great to be a Sooner fan right now. Sit back and watch all the teams we hate fight for or against us. It's a wonderful life.

1890MilesToNorman
12/18/2008, 11:12 AM
Sit back and watch all the teams we hate fight for or against us. It's a wonderful life.

Every time the Sooners score an Angel gets his wings! :D

SeaCay
12/18/2008, 11:44 AM
Hell hes smackin the gators down worse than Steve Irwin .

Stevie (RIP) tried to play that game against Albert before. Didn't turn out too well for him then either:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU0UFbxZDGM

ClintonSooner
12/18/2008, 02:51 PM
Stevie (RIP) tried to play that game against Albert before. Didn't turn out too well for him then either:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU0UFbxZDGM

so that means were gonna lose??

NYC Poke
12/18/2008, 03:20 PM
Aw, shucks, guys. :O

It's mostly Big 10/Notre Dame country here, but there's a sizeable, vocal, and predictably obnoxious SEC fanbase here as well. I tend to watch the games in bars, and at first when I'd notice SEC fans, I'd try to talk to them because I like to discuss college football and college football just isn't that big here. But I stopped doing that because I like discussing college football, not praising the SEC.

If I saw a fan whose team had lost, I'd offer my condolences and get responses like, "Well, that's what it's like playing in the SEC." When I'd try to point out that some pretty good football was being played in other parts of the country, they'd have none of it. Towards the end of the season I started hearing the "don't play defense" line, which is just stupid. All of us knew there would be offensive fireworks in the Big XII this year.

I'm not a confrontational guy, so when I'd start hearing this crap I'd just turned my attention back to, say, the Tennesee-Auburn game. Or more likely just head back to the pool table. When there's beer to be drank, pool to be played, and skirts to be chased, you don't waste your time talking to idiots or watching crappy football.

So anyway, my banter with the Florida fans is me getting out my frustrations from every stupid moronic SEC fan I've encountered this season who think that college football begins and ends with the SEC.

Freelemur
12/18/2008, 03:33 PM
Aw, shucks, guys. :O

It's mostly Big 10/Notre Dame country here, but there's a sizeable, vocal, and predictably obnoxious SEC fanbase here as well. I tend to watch the games in bars, and at first when I'd notice SEC fans, I'd try to talk to them because I like to discuss college football and college football just isn't that big here. But I stopped doing that because I like discussing college football, not praising the SEC.

If I saw a fan whose team had lost, I'd offer my condolences and get responses like, "Well, that's what it's like playing in the SEC." When I'd try to point out that some pretty good football was being played in other parts of the country, they'd have none of it. Towards the end of the season I started hearing the "don't play defense" line, which is just stupid. All of us knew there would be offensive fireworks in the Big XII this year.

I'm not a confrontational guy, so when I'd start hearing this crap I'd just turned my attention back to, say, the Tennesee-Auburn game. Or more likely just head back to the pool table. When there's beer to be drank, pool to be played, and skirts to be chased, you don't waste your time talking to idiots or watching crappy football.

So anyway, my banter with the Florida fans is me getting out my frustrations from every stupid moronic SEC fan I've encountered this season who think that college football begins and ends with the SEC.

Im sorry you've had your feeling hurt. http://www.thegatorboard.com/bb/images/smilies/console.gif

NYC Poke
12/18/2008, 03:36 PM
Im sorry you've had your feeling hurt. http://www.thegatorboard.com/bb/images/smilies/console.gif

Why would it hurt my feelings that I think a lot -- not all -- of SEC fans are ignorant about football?

Freelemur
12/18/2008, 03:40 PM
Why would it hurt my feelings that I think a lot -- not all -- of SEC fans are ignorant about football?

Yeah, what does the SEC fan know about football, we havent been graced by the gridiron success the folks from Stillwater have :(

NYC Poke
12/18/2008, 03:53 PM
Yeah, what does the SEC fan know about football, we havent been graced by the gridiron success the folks from Stillwater have :(

You want to tell me about the gridiron tradition at the University of Cincinnati? You seem to think one of their grads knows something about football.

Freelemur
12/18/2008, 04:34 PM
You want to tell me about the gridiron tradition at the University of Cincinnati? You seem to think one of their grads knows something about football.

Well he's no Mike Gundy, i mean he's yet to even be parodied in any local car dealership ads! :mad:

Boomer Mooner
12/18/2008, 06:03 PM
He didn't say SEC fans didn't know anything about football, he said they think it's only played in the SEC. He implied they are somewhat obnoxiuos about it. Don't know where he got that idea.

SeaCay
12/18/2008, 06:45 PM
so that means were gonna lose??

Yes. Blame it on olevetonahill. ;)

OUinFLA
12/18/2008, 10:47 PM

I blame everything on him............

oh, wait, I mean George Bush.

SeaCay
12/18/2008, 10:56 PM
I blame everything on him............

oh, wait, I mean George Bush.

So there's a lot of that garbage here too eh?

We have quite the gaggle of libbies on a Porsche forum I frequent. The prevailing argument with all of them is that GWB is at fault for everything.

You're not one of them types, are ya? :mad:

OUinFLA
12/18/2008, 11:00 PM

We have quite the gaggle of libbies on a Porsche forum I frequent. The prevailing argument with all of them is that GWB is at fault for everything.

Ya have to spend some time in the South Oval forum to learn the real secrets of "who is to blame"

:D

oh, and no. I really do blame olevet.

texas bandman
12/18/2008, 11:18 PM

I'd take the Aggies over UF, cause I'm a Big 12 homer.

Big 12-Big 12-Big 12-Big 12... (ad nauseum)

texas bandman
12/18/2008, 11:21 PM

It's better than being a neocon.

SeaCay
12/18/2008, 11:28 PM
It's better than being a neocon.

I've been a con man my entire life.

Wait...

olevetonahill
12/19/2008, 12:05 AM

I get a Lot of the Blame around here, It helps take the Pressure Off of GWB :D

Crucifax Autumn
12/19/2008, 12:20 AM
You truly are a patriot!

Collier11
12/19/2008, 12:37 AM
Plus he said the Checks in the Mail ;)

Damnit! I swear I am going to put your check in the mail also, not putting you off at all my friend. Ive actually been really busy lately and it just slipped my mind, im good for it though. I have to be if I want to try the OVJ ;)

olevetonahill
12/19/2008, 12:44 AM
Damnit! I swear I am going to put your check in the mail also, not putting you off at all my friend. Ive actually been really busy lately and it just slipped my mind, im good for it though. I have to be if I want to try the OVJ ;)

Ive Bet 50 Bucks so far this season , here on the Board . Lost 10 won forty
So that leaves me 30 Bucks up
Some one wanta bet on the MNC game ?
Ill Take OU heads up . right Now . may be willing to Give 7 :D

OSUAggie
12/19/2008, 12:51 AM

You don't even have as many conference titles as the epitome-of-mediocre program that resides in Stillwater (I assume you're a Gator; if not, nevermind).

And what the **** is a conference fan?

Crucifax Autumn
12/19/2008, 02:16 AM
It's a device businessmen set on the table to keep the meeting from getting too hot.

olevetonahill
12/24/2008, 02:40 PM
NYC poke Is a gentleman , a Scholar and a Man of his word .
His Check came the other Day :D
I used to supplement My Christmas spending :D