PDA

View Full Version : A pellet Stove update

olevetonahill
12/17/2008, 11:23 PM
I recommend em
I got Mine hooked up and running last Fri. Nite
A little work But Not Bad . In 5 days Ive used 3 an a 1/2 Bags of pellets . at 5 Bucks a Bag it aint bad .
Ive had to turn it off Cause it gets to Hot in My lil shack:D

OUHOMER
12/18/2008, 06:04 AM
I bought one when they first came out. I really loved it. We used to heat with a wood burner. Talk about a lot of work. Cut down the trees, cut, split, haul, unload, stack, up to 4 to 5 cords a winter SUCKED.

Back when I got it, there was only 2 or 3 places that sold pellets, that kinda of sucked, because they were always on the other side of town, bags of pellets were still kind of high. I would buy my pellets by the pallet load.

But it was still nice just to pour pellets in the stove, verse fighting the fire wood.

Down side, it wouldnt work when the electric was out:mad:
I did miss the smell of burning oak.

OUHOMER
12/18/2008, 06:05 AM
OH, and it broke down, so I took it out. I need to get it fixed so i can heat the barn with it.

setem
12/18/2008, 09:56 AM
How are you guys on the internet? You guys sure are some technologically advanced hillbillies!

Seeing as how you guys never wear shoes, do you type with your toes while swilling back moonshine out of a jug or kissing your sister?

olevetonahill
12/18/2008, 03:54 PM
Glad to see yer keeping yer stupid On our board now . :rolleyes:

OUHOMER
12/18/2008, 04:23 PM
How are you guys on the internet? You guys sure are some technologically advanced hillbillies!

Seeing as how you guys never wear shoes, do you type with your toes while swilling back moonshine out of a jug or kissing your sister?

**** you

soonerhubs
12/18/2008, 09:32 PM
I bought one when they first came out. I really loved it. We used to heat with a wood burner. Talk about a lot of work. Cut down the trees, cut, split, haul, unload, stack, up to 4 to 5 cords a winter SUCKED.

Back when I got it, there was only 2 or 3 places that sold pellets, that kinda of sucked, because they were always on the other side of town, bags of pellets were still kind of high. I would buy my pellets by the pallet load.

But it was still nice just to pour pellets in the stove, verse fighting the fire wood.

Down side, it wouldnt work when the electric was out:mad:
I did miss the smell of burning oak.

Ahhh the joys of cutting wood. Dad was the only one allowed to cut, while Hublah and I stacked wood like crazy. I can't help but get sentimental every time I walk outside and smell that familiar wood smoke.

SoonerJack
12/19/2008, 09:09 AM
wood smoke is an awesome winter smell. it always makes me want to go camping.

1890MilesToNorman
12/19/2008, 09:18 AM
wood smoke is an awesome winter smell. it always makes me want to go camping.

Except when it's your house burning down! Have those chimneys cleaned. This is a PSA from the land of wood burning.

Pellet stoves were hard to find up here this summer, everyone and their dog was out to get one when Oil was way high, not so much now in December. They brought two pellet plants online recently so the pellet supply is somewhat stable now.