PDA

View Full Version : Billy apologizes

IronSoonerMan
12/16/2008, 09:43 PM
This may make some feel better but I do not think He needed to apologize.

http://newsok.com/sims-apologizes-for-cheering-stunt/article/3330605?custom_click=lead_story_title

sidewinder517
12/16/2008, 09:52 PM
How can you blame him for being so excited. I jumped out of my chair and let out a big hell yeah! Now Sam and crew needs the Sooner Nation to be that enthusiastic for the MNC.

delhalew
12/16/2008, 09:56 PM
Thats a shame. Billy, its you and a world full of whiny panseys with there neckties on to tight. Now shake it off and go continue to be a freaking Sooner Hero.

jwlynn64
12/16/2008, 10:29 PM
When did we start being so jaded that when a person is overcome with happiness, it is "uncool"?

I applaud Billy for being confident enough to let his emotions come through.

For those of you that were freaking out over this, you should re-examine your priorities in life.

SCxxSOONER
12/16/2008, 10:31 PM
Exactly jwlynn he was just so happy that he just let his emotions out, no need for apology

leavingthezoo
12/16/2008, 10:36 PM
I hope the unintended response is all the past Sooner winners yelling at next years ceremony along with Billy.

BOOMER!

Sherpa
12/16/2008, 10:41 PM
I'm glad he apologized. That was embarrassing. I thought he was drunk.

oupride
12/16/2008, 10:44 PM
Psst, Billy..Booomer!!

jwlynn64
12/16/2008, 10:45 PM

Please take your uneducated ( and probably unwashed) heiny back up Everest! :rolleyes:

rainiersooner
12/16/2008, 10:52 PM
You know - it was a tad bit too much - but there are FAR bigger problems in the world, so....BOOMER!

SCOUT
12/16/2008, 11:02 PM
My personal preference would be for him to tone it down a bit, but I am not going to complain about it either. In fact, when I go back to school and win my Heisman, I will probably keep quiet during the ceremonies I attend as a former winner.

A Sooner in Texas
12/16/2008, 11:37 PM
My personal preference would be for him to tone it down a bit, but I am not going to complain about it either. In fact, when I go back to school and win my Heisman, I will probably keep quiet during the ceremonies I attend as a former winner.

Bet your personal preference would be for him to yell, "There's no need to fear!!!";)

RedstickSooner
12/16/2008, 11:45 PM
It was weird when he kept yelling after Sam quit replying, but I don't see how this warranted the attention it garnered. And it certainly doesn't seem worthy of an apology.

BillySims
12/16/2008, 11:52 PM
Psst, Billy..Booomer!!

BOOMER baby!

OUAlumni1990
12/17/2008, 12:02 AM
BOOMER baby!

SOONER!!!!

MamaMia
12/17/2008, 12:26 AM
I emailed Miss Manners and she said that "Billy Sims has nothing whatsoever to apologize for, however those who brought attention to this matter do indeed need to learn how better to pick their battles."

SCOUT
12/17/2008, 12:46 AM
Bet your personal preference would be for him to yell, "There's no need to fear!!!";)

I am sorry, but I don't get it.

sooner59
12/17/2008, 12:54 AM
I am sorry, but I don't get it.

avitar

SCOUT
12/17/2008, 01:10 AM
avitar

Heh. I never said I wasn't slow.

Crucifax Autumn
12/17/2008, 01:24 AM
Following the official apology, Sims looked toward the closest reporter.
"Boomer", he yelled.
The confused reporter stared blindly at Sims.
"This is the las time I'm gonna say it: BOOMER!"
The reporter looked more confused, taking on the persona of a seemingly non-English speaking small time criminal staring down Sam Jackson's gun.
"Boomer!" Sims screamed again as he punched the now completely dumbfounded reporter in the face.
The reporter spit out a tooth, blood dripping crimson bright down his chin.
"BOOMER!!"
A flicker of light showed in the soulless eyes of the media slimeball.
"thooner??" he asked meekly.
"BOOMER!"
"thooner..." he lisped weekly as the crimson flow dripped onto his orange tie.
"That's right", Billy whispered. "Boomer Mother ****in' Sooner!!!"
With that he looked across the rest of the throng, homers, aggies and whorns, all cowering in fear, knowing that they should forever comply with the mighty Sims.
"Boomer!" he yelled, causing the earth to tremble beneath his feet.
The aggies, both orange and maroon, squealed, "Mother..."
the whorns then took up the call, shrieking in unison, "...****in...'"
"SOONER!!!!!!" the homers all yelled, knowing that he who smites the heroes of our lore shall in turn be smited themselves unless they find comfort in repentance.
And all was good.

The End.

Epilogue

All was as it should have been always. Billy smiled as the media bowed, all of them ignoring their fallen, crimson soaked former comrade.

Then, from the south, two shadowy figures emerged. One of them bore a mark of identification: A headband reading "Hanta Yo" and the other needed no introduction, for he was legend immortal.
"Boomer, my brother" said Jamelle unto Sims.
"Wanna buy some cocaine?" uttered the one known as Charles.
"godammit!" Billy yelled, then gazed again with furious anger upon the still cowering reporters of the false media. "You asshats think I'M embarrassing?"

:D

Crucifax Autumn
12/17/2008, 04:13 AM
I hate bumping, but I don't want this to fade away into page 2 oblivion.

OUmillenium
12/17/2008, 01:08 PM
"There's no need to swear!"

bump

SteelCitySooner
12/17/2008, 01:17 PM
I am in the camp that Billy ain't got to apologize for jack ****! :D

Boomer!

starclassic tama
12/17/2008, 01:19 PM
people talked about being embarassed, i am far more embarassed that arguably the greatest running back in the history of OU football and a heisman winner felt the need to come out and apologize for getting fired up for one of our guys winning another heisman. this is pathetic. is our fanbase really made up of all mouthbreathers that sit on their hands and snub their nose to the world?

Hella Sideburns
12/17/2008, 01:35 PM
At the time it happened, i thought it was a little over the top and a little embarrassing. I know he wasn't trying to upstage Bradford, but it was a little too much.

But I feel bad that he feels like he needs to apologize. Billy had a rough life before OU and he's had some troubles since. His years with the Sooners were probably the best years of his life - it's no surprise how much he loves the university.

Maybe all the boomers are embarrassing to a degree, but if that's how he expresses his love of OU, then I hope he never stops.

TexasLidig8r
12/17/2008, 03:22 PM
But I feel bad that he feels like he needs to apologize. Billy had a rough life before OU and he's had some troubles since. .

SOME troubles?

And yet, there's a legion of people on here who will unmercifully bash Ricky Williams (and quite frankly, justifiably so) for smoking dope when that pales in comparison to Sims' myriad of issues.

In the Sooner world, it would appear that as long as you ran the ball well, there is no accountability and a free pass in life is given.. no matter the transgressions.

sooneredaco
12/17/2008, 03:41 PM

you are retarded if you really feel that way

Flagstaffsooner
12/17/2008, 03:47 PM
SOME troubles?

And yet, there's a legion of people on here who will unmercifully bash Ricky Williams (and quite frankly, justifiably so) for smoking dope when that pales in comparison to Sims' myriad of issues.

In the Sooner world, it would appear that as long as you ran the ball well, there is no accountability and a free pass in life is given.. no matter the transgressions.Don't you have something else to do besides bothering us? Go up to Illinois and represent a crooked pol.:mad: :texan:

TexasLidig8r
12/17/2008, 04:16 PM
Don't you have something else to do besides bothering us? Go up to Illinois and represent a crooked pol.:mad: :texan:

Because you don't like uncomfortable truths pointed out?

Making persons think and consider their opinions and thoughts is considered "bothering?"

sooneredaco
12/17/2008, 05:56 PM
Because you don't like uncomfortable truths pointed out?

Making persons think and consider their opinions and thoughts is considered "bothering?"

Yes it is. When it comes from you.

Doged
12/17/2008, 08:54 PM
I think it's kinda' cool that 'Horn Lid has studied the life and times of the great Billy Sims.

I'm with those who say Billy was a bit over the top at the ceremony, but certainly no where near the point of needing to apologize for anything. He had me laughing during it!

AlbqSooner
12/17/2008, 09:02 PM
Sam, his father, and the HMFIC of the Heisman trust each said there was no reason to apologize. Good enough for me.

olevetonahill
12/17/2008, 09:19 PM
Anyone have a Link to Contact Billy ?
I just sent a Message at his BBQ site and said
" Tell Billy SOONER " :D

Boomer Mooner
12/17/2008, 10:13 PM
SOME troubles?

In the Sooner world, it would appear that as long as you ran the ball well, there is no accountability and a free pass in life is given.. no matter the transgressions.

Are you serious you pompous gas bag? He said Boomer eleven times in the interim from the announcement that Sam won the Heisman to Sam's arrival at the podium while everyone else was applauding Sam. OOOH what a transgression!

I guess "in the Sooner world" we're pretty forgiving considering we keep putting up with a whorn dooshbag ambulance chaser who insists on coming on our board and badmouthing a Sooner legend.:mad:

Crucifax Autumn
12/17/2008, 10:21 PM
Only thing I want to know...

When texass gets another heisman is ricky gonna yell "BONG!" until the winner says "HIT!"?

olevetonahill
12/17/2008, 11:27 PM

When texass gets another heisman is ricky gonna yell "BONG!" until the winner says "HIT!"?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;)

olevetonahill
12/17/2008, 11:29 PM
Are you serious you pompous gas bag? He said Boomer eleven times in the interim from the announcement that Sam won the Heisman to Sam's arrival at the podium while everyone else was applauding Sam. OOOH what a transgression!

I guess "in the Sooner world" we're pretty forgiving considering we keep putting up with a whorn dooshbag ambulance chaser who insists on coming on our board and badmouthing a Sooner legend.:mad:

Not me . I neg him every chance i get ;)

OUAlumni1990
12/17/2008, 11:30 PM

Don't know about that, but if USC wins one OJ might run across the stage and steal it back. :pop:

Crucifax Autumn
12/17/2008, 11:37 PM
Don't know about that, but if USC wins one OJ might run across the stage and steal it back.

And stab a bitch on the way by?

OUAlumni1990
12/17/2008, 11:49 PM

you KNOW it! ;)

A Sooner in Texas
12/17/2008, 11:56 PM

By the time that happens, Ricky won't have enough brain cells left to remember the word "bong." He'll just know it when he sees it on his coffee table, in his car, on his night stand, next to the toilet...

How's that for bashing, Lid? :P

OUAlumni1990
12/18/2008, 12:03 AM
Ricky has brain cells? :P

olevetonahill
12/18/2008, 12:28 AM

Naw he would do a Callahan throat thing .:eek:

Crucifax Autumn
12/18/2008, 01:10 AM
I'd pay good money to see that...the image in my mind is priceless.

TexasLidig8r
12/19/2008, 10:49 AM

I wasn't referring to that transgression.

Do your homework.

As for sims, I haven't badmouthed him at all.

TXBOOMER
12/19/2008, 11:31 AM
I hope he yells Boomer over and over every year, regardless of who wins. That would be a good bit.