Tahlequah

Mike Skinner
Laramie Hammer
Bruce McClure

tbl
12/16/2008, 09:46 PM
Comanche

Brandon Crow

That's all we got... Hopefully he'll end up playing better than he did against saxet.

sooner518
12/16/2008, 09:53 PM
Tulsa
too many to name

cobrapilot
12/16/2008, 09:55 PM
Killeen, Texas

Juaquin Iglesias
Tommie Harris
Frank Blevins
Darrell Ray
Barry Joyner

maybe some more i dont remember

AzianSooner
12/16/2008, 09:55 PM
It's unfair to play this game.

thesnowbishop
12/16/2008, 09:57 PM
Ada:

Brandon Daniels
Bobby Warmack
Larry Bush
Dan Cody
Steve Dean
Jay O'Neal
Bill Hill
Bubba Babb
Larry McBroom
Chris Melson
Charlie Mayhue
Pat O'Neal
Robert Ingram

many others I'm forgetting right now

SoonerBoognish
12/16/2008, 10:02 PM
^^
Sherwood Taylor
Jamie Thomas
Mike Vaughan
Mike Babb

Dan Thompson
12/16/2008, 10:05 PM
I'm from OKC and I only know of Sam.

instigator
12/16/2008, 10:11 PM
Lexington:
Uhhhhh. Nevermind.

All_Day_28
12/16/2008, 10:12 PM
Sam Bradford....

Played football with him at PC North :D

sidewinder517
12/16/2008, 10:15 PM
Clinton

Roy Bell

Trent Smith

Tim Duncan

sozo
12/16/2008, 10:19 PM
Good thread but I just wish I could play.Our conference teams,at the time, have sent a lot but not poteau.A few of the conference players are,
Steve Davis
Selmons
Watts
Shoate
Clapton

leavingthezoo
12/16/2008, 10:23 PM
Not much seems to come out of Cleveland, but Billy Vessels did.

Soonerfan88
12/16/2008, 10:52 PM
:( All I have are 3 pokes. :(

Paperclip
12/16/2008, 11:13 PM
Del City:
Mike Woods
Bennie Butler
Bob Kalsu

SouthFortySooner
12/16/2008, 11:21 PM
We've sent tons of product from McCurtain Co. but no players. :(

SwitzerIsMyKing
12/16/2008, 11:23 PM
Cade Davis....does that count?

47Wins
12/16/2008, 11:23 PM
I grew up in Muskogee:
Bob Burris
Max Boydstun
Bo Bolinger
Terry Webb
Jerome Ledbetter
Vernon Burkett
Kurt Burris
Lyle Burris
Ernie Day
Bill Sturm
Eddie Crowder
Eugene Ball
Joe Rector
Rocky Boydston
Jere Durham
Nick Oakley
Steve Allen
Bill Beckman
George Elliott
Lynn Burris
Jim Littrell
Seth Littrell
Mike Pleasant
Joe Davis
Scott Leggett
Terrance Manning
Glen Bell
To name a few, in the early 50's Muskogee Central High was a powerhouse

jarrettlove3
12/16/2008, 11:24 PM
I go to Putnam City North, where Sam Bradford went.

GO PANTHERS/SOONERS!!

Cheerin' 4 OU
12/16/2008, 11:34 PM
Iiiiiiiiii'm from Tulsa.

As stated above, there are way too many to name.

AllAboutThe'O'
12/17/2008, 12:09 AM
My current town, Fort Smith, Ark., boasts such former Sooners as Don Key and Mark Hutson.

tommieharris91
12/17/2008, 12:26 AM
Broken Arrow

Ramon Richardson
That's all I know of...

Sooner_09
12/17/2008, 12:52 AM
Pauls Valley

David Jones

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/17/2008, 12:56 AM
I'm from OKC and I only know of Sam.

Well, there's that Gerald McCoy guy.

:)

dog-knee
12/17/2008, 01:04 AM
The Miami Wardogs have only contributed three players to Sooner lore that I know of:

Mike Mantle
Tinker Owens
Steve Owens

Considering that from three players you get two All Americans and a Heisman, that isn't too bad, is it?

SbOrOiNaEnR
12/17/2008, 01:19 AM
Flower Mound, TX

James Hanna (we FINALLY put one on the team!)

Unless I've missed some older guys. Anybody know if anyone from Flower Mound Marcus has ever played for OU?

sooner59
12/17/2008, 01:30 AM
Im from Davis, and we have.....

ummm....

Can we borrow one?

No? Well then ill just claim Gresham. Ardmore is close enough.

We run the wishbone, that's close enough!

Crucifax Autumn
12/17/2008, 01:50 AM
I moved around Oklahoma a lot when I was a kid, but my first home was Norman...no need to list all those guys. Lived ins a bunch of small towns around Lawton after that, none of which had football anywhere besides the back yard and the TV.

Oddly everywhere I lived in Texas never had any Sooners.

But now, I live in Vegas:

Demarco, Reynolds, Quinton Carter...

And coming soon, this one (http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=63568) and maybe this one (http://www.maxpreps.com/nevada/football/bishop-gorman-(las-vegas)/xavier-grimble/stats.aspx?athleteid=bfef6afe-c29e-424a-8d8a-87957e87676a&ssid=2f36027d-d6f6-4509-aba9-adad5cc85b5e&urpath=,local,player) both from Murray and Reynolds' High School.

MrJimBeam
12/17/2008, 05:47 AM
Stroud is my home town:

Grant Burget
Barry Burget
Casey Bookout

Crucifax Autumn
12/17/2008, 05:54 AM
Are there any Sooners from Fletcher? I doubt it unless it's in Baseball or Basketball...

AlbqSooner
12/17/2008, 07:45 AM
47 Straight - you forgot Buddy Burris. 5 brothers from the Burris clan, though Lynn and Lyle (twins) ended up their careers at Northeastern. Both became judges. Also from Muskogee, Bo Bolinger. Ooops, ya listed Bolinger.

Aries
12/17/2008, 08:18 AM
Sapulpa

Todd Thompson (I think, wasn't that his name, the punter?)
Carl Pendleton

That's all I know of...

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/17/2008, 08:27 AM
Midwest City

Rodney Rideau
Cale Gundy

I am sure there are others I can't think of right now.

We almost had Vernon Maxwell when Stoops came back, but he was too much in to the dubage to play. He originally committed to Tennessee in 1996 (would have played with Manning and won a MNC with them.) He decided to play baseball and was drafted by the San Diego Padres and his only footnote in real history was that he was apart fo the Hideki Arabu trade to the NYY. Sad waste of talent. I thought he was an amazing playing when I was in high school with him.

HateTheWhorns
12/17/2008, 08:28 AM
Richardson, TX

John Goodman
Kevin Murphy
Chris Wilson

SeattleOUstudent
12/17/2008, 08:38 AM
Ardmore, OK

Jermaine Grisham
Jowahn Poteat
Phil Tabor (originally from Houston, now in Ardmore)
Paul Tabor (same)

...im missing some

Flagstaffsooner
12/17/2008, 08:39 AM
:( All I have are 3 pokes. :(Movehttp://www.mtrv.net/uhaulpatriotic.jpg

soonernation
12/17/2008, 09:20 AM
Midland, TX.

Tom Brahaney
Josh Norman
Wahoo McDaniel

Tulsa_Fireman
12/17/2008, 09:46 AM
Midwest City

Rodney Rideau
Cale Gundy

We almost had Vernon Maxwell when Stoops came back, but he was too much in to the dubage to play. He originally committed to Tennessee in 1996 (would have played with Manning and won a MNC with them.) He decided to play baseball and was drafted by the San Diego Padres and his only footnote in real history was that he was apart fo the Hideki Arabu trade to the NYY. Sad waste of talent. I thought he was an amazing playing when I was in high school with him.

There sure are. You forgot your neighbors in Titletown, my Carl Albert Titans.

Mike Gaddis, one of the best pure talent running backs I have ever laid eyes on.

J.D. Runnels, a living, breathing sledgehammer from the fullback spot.

And Jay Hunt, who owns the career rushing record at Carl Albert, who as a sophomore earned a national championship ring from the 2000 squad.

Sooner FLiP
12/17/2008, 09:49 AM
EDIT: Got beat out ^^^

Midwest City

Rodney Rideau
Cale Gundy

Boomer Sooner Sax

Don't forget about J.D. Runnels!

i was a Bomber and didnt really like to claim anything Carl Albert but J.D. Runnels was a stud and quite the exception.

btw, i think you might know my sister.

Soonersince57
12/17/2008, 09:50 AM
Duncan. I can't think of anyone . . . .

Sooner13
12/17/2008, 09:54 AM
Edmond

Kelly Gregg
Reggie Smith
Dane Zaslaw

I'm sure there are more but that's all I can think of at the moment

Kels
12/17/2008, 09:55 AM
Sapulpa

Todd "Mr. Powerfoot" Thomsen (I think, wasn't that his name, the punter?)
Carl Pendleton
Steve Williams

That's all I know of...

jkm
me

fixed

DMAFB_Sooner08
12/17/2008, 10:13 AM
Grew up in Fort Gibson:

Teddy Lehman

Now live in Tucson, not sure if there are any from here...

Sooner04
12/17/2008, 10:16 AM
Ardmore, Oklahoma:

Kevin Craig
Freddie Hurd
Thomas Benson
Ataleo Ford
Cliff Takawana
Jowahn Poteat
Jermaine Gresham

And anybody from Pauls Valley who doesn't mention the Peters family is obviously NOT from Pauls Valley.

Paperclip
12/17/2008, 10:18 AM
Midwest City

Rodney Rideau
Cale Gundy

One of the DeQuaises played for OU too.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/17/2008, 10:22 AM

Mike Gaddis, one of the best pure talent running backs I have ever laid eyes on.

And Jay Hunt, who owns the career rushing record at Carl Albert, who as a sophomore earned a national championship ring from the 2000 squad.

Ah, you are right...I got stuck on thinking of anyone from Midwest City High School. I totally wasn't even thinking of Carl Albert, but there were some great Sooners from there. When I was at Midwest City (which was the last time a west side school won the championship :mad:), we played Carl Albert a couple of times. Those were some great games. Do they still play each other during the year? I loved watching J.D. too...that was one of my favorite Sooners ever! great guy and a true Sooner!

Tulsa_Fireman
12/17/2008, 10:28 AM
One of the DeQuaises played for OU too.

Good call. Forgot all about 'em. Greg and Brent both played for OU.

SoonerPriv
12/17/2008, 10:29 AM

my Alma Matter as well.. :) Here's one no one would know from CA.. :D Reese Travis. And I guess you could include Sam Claphan, he was a coach at CA but from Stilwell.

SoonerPriv
12/17/2008, 10:30 AM
Ah, you are right...I got stuck on thinking of anyone from Midwest City High School. I totally wasn't even thinking of Carl Albert, but there were some great Sooners from there. When I was at Midwest City (which was the last time a west side school won the championship :mad:), we played Carl Albert a couple of times. Those were some great games. Do they still play each other during the year? I loved watching J.D. too...that was one of my favorite Sooners ever! great guy and a true Sooner!

No MWC is 6A and CA is 5A..

BoomerJack
12/17/2008, 10:32 AM
Tulsa..

Has anybody mentioned Tony Casillas & Randy Hughes?

A few lesser knowns from my era as well as before & after:

John Watson OT
Darryl Emmert OG (I think)
Forbe Phillips LB
Joey Grayson RB
He was Tulsa World Co-Player of the Year along with a
guy from Miami named Steve Owens. He wasn't around
Norman very long. I think he transferred out after the
1967 season.

David Steele TE-DE
High school teammate of Grayson. Had some injury
problems & didn't see the field too much.

Justin Fuentes QB
Eddie McQuarters DL
He goes back to the Bud Wilkinson days.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/17/2008, 10:34 AM
EDIT: Got beat out ^^^

Boomer Sooner Sax

Don't forget about J.D. Runnels!

i was a Bomber and didnt really like to claim anything Carl Albert but J.D. Runnels was a stud and quite the exception.

I sent you a PM...I am having browser issues, so you may have gotten it twice.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/17/2008, 10:36 AM
No MWC is 6A and CA is 5A..

It was like that too back in the day too, but they would still play each other, kinda like an OOC game.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/17/2008, 10:36 AM
When I was at Midwest City (which was the last time a west side school won the championship :mad:), we played Carl Albert a couple of times. Those were some great games. Do they still play each other during the year? I loved watching J.D. too...that was one of my favorite Sooners ever! great guy and a true Sooner!

Not so much anymore. For some reason we've got a boner to schedule Booker T. in the out of conference schedule. And ANY year they schedule Choctaw is a good thing in my book. I miss the Titan/Yellowjacket rivalry, even if it's an automatic buttstomping these days.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/17/2008, 10:41 AM
Not so much anymore. For some reason we've got a boner to schedule Booker T. in the out of conference schedule. And ANY year they schedule Choctaw is a good thing in my book. I miss the Titan/Yellowjacket rivalry, even if it's an automatic buttstomping these days.

That sucks...that would have been a great game this year too...didn't MCHS only lose one game this year and that was in the playoffs? I was really hoping they could bookend the Tulsa reign! Is Choctaw any good?? They were horrible when I was there, but if I remember right, they got bumped up to 6A my sophomore year.

SoonerPriv
12/17/2008, 10:57 AM
It was like that too back in the day too, but they would still play each other, kinda like an OOC game.

How far back in the day? I don't remember playing them when I was at CA. I've slept since then so we may have. Always went to the Del City/Midwest City game though.

SoonerPriv
12/17/2008, 10:59 AM
That sucks...that would have been a great game this year too...didn't MCHS only lose one game this year and that was in the playoffs? I was really hoping they could bookend the Tulsa reign! Is Choctaw any good?? They were horrible when I was there, but if I remember right, they got bumped up to 6A my sophomore year.

CA beat them 40 something to 20 or so this year I think. That was the week after getting hammered by Booker T.

BetterSoonerThanLater
12/17/2008, 11:01 AM
Moore for 8 yrs.

lived next door and played football with frank romero

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/17/2008, 11:12 AM
How far back in the day? I don't remember playing them when I was at CA. I've slept since then so we may have. Always went to the Del City/Midwest City game though.

It was about 1997-1998. I remember doing a home and home with them. My biggest memory of that was being in the Midwest City band and being cramped in to a small place in CA's stands because there were so many people there. It was usually about the third week of the season, so you would start out with Del City, someone else, and then Carl Albert, who was dominating 5A at the time (and still is apparently), so it was always a rough schedule to begin the season.

SoonerPriv
12/17/2008, 11:16 AM
It was about 1997-1998. I remember doing a home and home with them. My biggest memory of that was being in the Midwest City band and being cramped in to a small place in CA's stands because there were so many people there. It was usually about the third week of the season, so you would start out with Del City, someone else, and then Carl Albert, who was dominating 5A at the time (and still is apparently), so it was always a rough schedule to begin the season.

ahh ok.. I was living in many different states during that time after high school. Else i'm sure I would've been at or at least remembered those games being played.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/17/2008, 11:26 AM
ahh ok.. I was living in many different states during that time after high school. Else i'm sure I would've been at or at least remembered those games being played.

What year did you graduate?

MichiganSooner
12/17/2008, 11:34 AM
Bartlesville. No football players that I can think of but we got the Sooner Motel!

MrJimBeam
12/17/2008, 11:40 AM
Bartlesville. No football players that I can think of but we got the Sooner Motel!

Evan Wise. I worked with him at Phillips.

SoonerPriv
12/17/2008, 11:40 AM
What year did you graduate?

'95..

wishbonesooner
12/17/2008, 12:10 PM
Shawnee:
Kleyn Russell
Scott Dawson

fadada1
12/17/2008, 12:16 PM
rich steinmetz - played a little FB in the late '80's - early 90's is from the town next to mine. we don't see too many D1 players from here in western new york. summer after my freshman year, pulled into the drive through at mcdonalds, car right in front of me had an OU sticker - probably a family member of his. 2 cars in a row in western NY with OU stickers is an odd sight.

on that note, a house about 100 yards away from mine is also flying an OU flag. haven't been over to talk to them. agirl started her freshman year at OU this year from the town i live in (fairport, ny) - another very odd occurance.

SbOrOiNaEnR
12/17/2008, 12:43 PM
on that note, a house about 100 yards away from mine is also flying an OU flag. haven't been over to talk to them. agirl started her freshman year at OU this year from the town i live in (fairport, ny) - another very odd occurance.

She must be there for athletics, meteorology, or she's a National Merit Scholar. I can't really think of any other reason, other than she's originally from there, to go THAT far from home to go to a welterweight state school. OU's a fine place to get an education, but there are certainly better, especially in that neck of the woods.

fadada1
12/17/2008, 12:56 PM
She must be there for athletics, meteorology, or she's a National Merit Scholar. I can't really think of any other reason, other than she's originally from there, to go THAT far from home to go to a welterweight state school. OU's a fine place to get an education, but there are certainly better, especially in that neck of the woods.

i'm from here and went to OU. i think she's a smartie, but just doing business if i remember correctly (i might be wrong). my reasoning for going to OU - big school and away from home, great sports, and 20 years ago they'd let anyone in. 20 years ago, it was cheaper for me to go to OU as an out of state student than to go to a SUNY school as an in-stater.

aj44mc
12/17/2008, 01:20 PM
Matt Clapp from PHX. I cannot find any others from here.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/17/2008, 02:03 PM
'95..

Cool, 1998 here myself.

SoonerPriv
12/17/2008, 02:10 PM
Cool, 1998 here myself.

From Carl Albert or MWC?

Sooner FLiP
12/17/2008, 02:37 PM
hey remembered another Sooner from MWC.

Rodney Rideau

SOFSooner
12/17/2008, 02:40 PM
From Enid, you missed Ken Mendenhall, the all american center who blocked for Heisman trophy winner Steve Owens.

SOFSooner
12/17/2008, 02:41 PM
From Enid, you missed Ken Mendenhall, the all american center who blocked for Heisman trophy winner Steve Owens.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/17/2008, 03:43 PM
hey remembered another Sooner from MWC.

Rodney Rideau

Yeah, I had him on there. I was in school with him, so he is for sure one I remembered. I think he may be on staff this year. I want to say I saw his name listed on a coaching roster, but not 100% sure.

SbOrOiNaEnR
12/17/2008, 03:44 PM
Matt Clapp from PHX. I cannot find any others from here.

Mike Knall is from Scottsdale.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/17/2008, 03:45 PM
From Carl Albert or MWC?

Midwest City...

SLOgator
12/17/2008, 04:11 PM
No thread hijack intended, but my dad was born/raised in Seiling, OK. Anyone know of it?

SoonerPriv
12/17/2008, 04:13 PM
No thread hijack intended, but my dad was born/raised in Seiling, OK. Anyone know of it?

:gary:

Paperclip
12/17/2008, 05:13 PM
:gary:

LOL!!

soonerfan28
12/17/2008, 05:19 PM
Not much seems to come out of Cleveland, but Billy Vessels did.
Hominy has 2

Scott Garl
Silas Satepauhoodle

Although neither have a Heisman.

Harry Beanbag
12/17/2008, 05:24 PM
Edmond

Kelly Gregg
Reggie Smith
Dane Zaslaw

I'm sure there are more but that's all I can think of at the moment

Scott Evans
Jeff Resler
Scott Case

stoopified
12/17/2008, 05:59 PM
Clinton

Roy Bell

Trent Smith

Tim DuncanMike Struck,E.N.Simon

Sooner FLiP
12/17/2008, 06:01 PM
Yeah, I had him on there. I was in school with him, so he is for sure one I remembered. I think he may be on staff this year. I want to say I saw his name listed on a coaching roster, but not 100% sure.

yea he is on the staff. u can usually see him on the sidelines. he is on tv frequently too. next time you watch a game listen for someone whistling after every play. that is him. he is actually my good friends cousin and he makes fun of him everytime he sees him on tv because it seems like the only thing he does in games is whistle and try to catch people when they are pushed out of bounds.

Fiatil
12/17/2008, 06:11 PM
From good ol' Chickasha we have..

Stephen Alexander

Not a long list but hey, he made a pro bowl! And my high school totally played against Gerald McCoy, boy was that hilarious.

stoopified
12/17/2008, 06:24 PM
Ponca City:
Waddy Young-1st consensus A-A at OU 1938
Tom Catlin 2-time A-A C-LB,later DC for Seattle Seahawks
Kevin Ormand OL-high schol teammate,never got off scout team
Tink Collins QB-WR
John Nimmo walk-on QB,on current squad.

IronHorseSooner
12/17/2008, 08:09 PM
The Miami Wardogs have only contributed three players to Sooner lore that I know of:

Mike Mantle
Tinker Owens
Steve Owens

Considering that from three players you get two All Americans and a Heisman, that isn't too bad, is it?

As a fellow Wardog, no, it is very good!!!!!

SicEmBaylor
12/17/2008, 08:12 PM
Teddy Lehman -- went to HS with him. Not sure if there were others.

scottrox66
12/17/2008, 08:23 PM

Dude, I wouldn't. That's just asking for trouble.

BigDeezy
12/17/2008, 08:26 PM
Not a single one that I am aware of.

Course, I am from Bridgeport, CT

lol