PDA

View Full Version : Gators are coming out of the woods

ratedrsuperstar
12/16/2008, 08:56 PM
I was in Fla. working yesterday and stopped at a rest stop on my way home, as I was leaving 2 guys were giving me the 'Gator" chop. My truck is inferno red with OU of the front Bumper and OU on the rear hitch.

I was told today by another customer that OU stood no chance, we should be proud of our heisman. Another guy who works there told me OU was no-where near the team that Alabama is.

Tomorrow I'll be in Jesup Georgia, home of #21 J.R. Bryant. Maybe I'll get a break from the folks over there !

IronSoonerMan
12/16/2008, 09:18 PM
I doubt it. You know that is SEC country! :D

oupride
12/16/2008, 09:36 PM
Way to go Rated! Show your Sooner Support! Boomer!

TRUE HE15MAN
12/16/2008, 11:17 PM
bro what do you expect, if I drove through oklahoma I would here nearly identical things. all be it through toothless gums but I would hear it none the less. lol. GO GATORS!!

SoonerBacker
12/16/2008, 11:23 PM
bro what do you expect, if I drove through oklahoma I would here nearly identical things. all be it through toothless gums but I would hear it none the less. lol. GO GATORS!!

I'd expect more class from a UF fan than coming here and making this sort of comment. But I guess you folks have more in common with Mack & CO than I thought!

And Gators coming out of the woods? I would have thought they'd be coming out of the scum-covered swamps!

TRUE HE15MAN
12/16/2008, 11:34 PM
I'd expect more class from a UF fan than coming here and making this sort of comment. But I guess you folks have more in common with Mack & CO than I thought!

And Gators coming out of the woods? I would have thought they'd be coming out of the scum-covered swamps!

damn you sooners are a whiney bunch. cmon lighten up, I give you a friendly poke in the ribs and you act like I just pulled a gun on ya. grow some thicker skin, yer gonna need it for the beating on jan. 8

Crucifax Autumn
12/17/2008, 12:15 AM
Bah...Florida's all old people, child molesters and baby murderers, I'll take tooth-challenged over that any day.

pott_2
12/17/2008, 12:22 AM
damn you sooners are a whiney bunch. cmon lighten up, I give you a friendly poke in the ribs and you act like I just pulled a gun on ya. grow some thicker skin, yer gonna need it for the beating on jan. 8

He's gotta gun:eek:

Fraggle145
12/17/2008, 01:18 AM

Wrong fanbase... That is West Virginny you are talking about.

SoonerMom2
12/17/2008, 01:29 AM

Let's put it this way -- takes a lot of nerve for anyone from UF to talk about toothless gums. Guess you haven't driven into Gainesville from the Atlantic Coast. Norman has nothing to compare to that trip for which I am grateful. We don't have shacks in town that I have seen. Then you can always drive across the state to the Atlantic south of Gainesville which is another education or drive west to the Gulf and you talk about Oklahoma? Give me a break! I saw more poverty in that part of FL then I have ever seen in Oklahoma and have been all over the State. That's when I learned that UF was the agriculture school of FL and FSU was the professional school.

OU is not giving up some PhD programs like FL who has no money for several academic programs.

sooner59
12/17/2008, 01:48 AM

Haha, that IS funny coming from a Floridian. I have family in Florida and visit a couple times per year. Its just like home, but with palm trees and more people. I will give one thing, given the population there are more big cities, but thats expected. Outside of that, most of Florida reminds me of Oklahoma cities not named OKC, Tulsa, or Norman. There are alot of run-down places and lots of small hick towns. Not that all the rest in Florida or Oklahoma are like that, im just proving a point. There are tons of rednecks, trucks with lift kits (because you obviously need one in Florida...), and just generally creepy places. I was surprised that Florida was more hick/redneck than it was "east coast". Even my cousin, who has lived in Florida since he was 2 years old, came to OU and is a freshmen this semester because he was born in Norman and would rather take our cold winters than go to UF, where all of his friends went. I love that kid. Not as much difference between us, you see.

HungaryGator
12/17/2008, 02:01 AM
That's when I learned that UF was the agriculture school of FL and FSU was the professional school.

If that's what you "learned" then you haven't learned anything about Florida. You have zero credibility.

Crucifax Autumn
12/17/2008, 03:21 AM
I have learned that the police there have a difficult time finding child murderers across the street from the victim

I have learned that a large portion of the state can't read instructions and the rest can't count

I have learned that for some reason's everyone in NY's favorite grandmother moved there...and it killed them

I have learned that a lot of people get on cruise ships there and then get sick

I have learned that there were 11,214 forcible sex offenses in the state in 2008 (only 10,000 of which occurred on college campuses. This part I made up!)

I could go on of course, but I'll end on this one:

Man Steals Urine Samples From Fridge
Published: December 16, 2008 | News Blog | 99 clicks | 0 comments
Authorities say a Gainesville man is behind bars for stealing a small refrigerator from a probation office used to store urine samples, including his own.

The Alachua County Sheriff's Office says 26-year-old Devin Perry stole the fridge after testing positive for drug use.

Vaevictis
12/17/2008, 06:07 AM

Backwater swamp-dwelling Floridian scum shouldn't be talking. Seriously, the only thing separating you guys and Louisiana is the fact that you were ruled by the Spanish instead of the French.

Actually, I'm wrong. There's another way that they're different. Louisiana hasn't been partially annexed by Cuba.

Crucifax Autumn
12/17/2008, 06:17 AM
I feel tempted to list all the ways they are alike...

Swamps, deep south inbreeding, overrated football teams squeaking by on a weak schedule, fans trolling Sooner boards, lots of people relying on our taxes to help them when they choose to build floodplain/coastal homes in hurricane threat zones, huge numbers of illiterate people, high crime rates, a total reliance on spring break as a cottage industry, reptiles crawiling out of bogs to eat family pets and children, record numbers of COPS appearances, more mobile homes than Oklahoma and kansas combined, complete dumbasses leading the state and the cities...

Oh wait...I said TEMPTED...I'll show some class and not mention all the things SEC states have in common!

Crucifax Autumn
12/17/2008, 06:18 AM
Damn it...Wish I knew how to edit so I wouldn't have pointed all that out after saying I'm only tempted!

SoonerBacker
12/17/2008, 06:49 AM

I guess Gaytor fans can't take a little "friendly poke in the ribs." either. Make a little joke about having so much in common with Mack & CO, the folks who invented whiney, and you go off. Be careful with that gun. Remember what happened to Plexico. Try growing some thicker skin, yourself. January 8th will be a long, long night for all Gaytors once they realize that their D can't stop OUr offense with any consistency.

meoveryouxinfinity
12/17/2008, 08:01 AM
Speaking of poverty, Oklahoma City has just been released as the city least susceptible to the recession/ a recession or depression in the entire US of A. In 2008, the city saw an economic growth of over 5% more than expected. (~8% growth)

Vaevictis
12/17/2008, 08:04 AM
Oklahoma gets a bad rap for how many mobile homes it has.

Florida has just under 5 times as many. And a higher percentage of folks living in them, too.

ratedrsuperstar
12/17/2008, 08:08 AM
From a guy who gets to the area monthly,
The current economy hasn't hurt the Gainesville area like it has other parts of the country, most of the folks in that neck of the woods don't want a job because it gets in the way of their fishing and "shining" deer.
Most of the houses and cars are both on blocks and the banks don't want them back because of the shape they are in.

I wish I could find a picture of it, the last time I was down there I saw a wedding picture in the paper and the guys had on Dickies work shirts with ties and Gator hats, all of which were cocked to the side.

As long as these folks have beer and bait money, they are a happy bunch !!

Vaevictis
12/17/2008, 08:11 AM

Don't forget wife-beaters.

I mean that as both a descriptor for a type of clothing and a type of husband.

Vaevictis
12/17/2008, 08:14 AM
Florida: The first state to lose a major city to foreign occupation in over 150 years.

Vaevictis
12/17/2008, 08:17 AM
Hrm, I'm torn. Does the Civil War count as "foreign occupation?"

Because if so, the SEC might have a theme going.

Vaevictis
12/17/2008, 08:20 AM
On a friendlier note, do you know what I like about Florida?

The fact that I don't ****ing live there anymore.

If the universe were to ever defecate, Florida is where it would come out.

Actually, on second thought, maybe it already happened. It would certainly explain the people who live there.

Flagstaffsooner
12/17/2008, 08:33 AM
On a friendlier note, do you know what I like about Florida?

The fact that I don't ****ing live there anymore.

If the universe were to ever defecate, Florida is where it would come out.

Actually, on second thought, maybe it already happened. It would certainly explain the people who live there.
Wow, Florida sounds just like texass.:texan: ;)

TRUE HE15MAN
12/17/2008, 09:02 AM
Let's put it this way -- takes a lot of nerve for anyone from UF to talk about toothless gums. Guess you haven't driven into Gainesville from the Atlantic Coast. Norman has nothing to compare to that trip for which I am grateful. We don't have shacks in town that I have seen. Then you can always drive across the state to the Atlantic south of Gainesville which is another education or drive west to the Gulf and you talk about Oklahoma? Give me a break! I saw more poverty in that part of FL then I have ever seen in Oklahoma and have been all over the State. That's when I learned that UF was the agriculture school of FL and FSU was the professional school.

OU is not giving up some PhD programs like FL who has no money for several academic programs.
see this is what I'm lookin for, a bit of friendly razzing. I live in jacksonville & I drive the hour and change over to gainville regularly. yes there are plenty of toothless in florida. yes the small towns you go through to get to gainesvillw are pretty small and impoverished. its not like i drove through oklahoma and determined they had the lesser number of teeth but I could count the # of adult males with a full set on two hands, I didn't poll the women. lol.
GO GATORS!!!

TRUE HE15MAN
12/17/2008, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by ratedrsuperstar

that just mean us floridians are easy to please. but then again you okies don't use bait do ya? noodler, phaff. lol.
GO GATORS!!!

PalmBeachSooner
12/17/2008, 09:34 AM
If that's what you "learned" then you haven't learned anything about Florida. You have zero credibility.

He's absolutely correct on that. It doesn't mean Florida isn't a great school, but they are definitely aggies. The Florida Department of Agriculture is only a couple of miles down I-75 from the campus.

Soonersince57
12/17/2008, 09:44 AM
Last time I made a comment about our Florida visitors, I got negged by one of our members, so all I can do is say hello.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/17/2008, 09:59 AM
Skorts! That says it all. Seriously I like Destin,nice place to visit but since the game is in Florida after we win I fully expect at least 1-2 recounts.

"Oklahoma....finishing what Andrew Jackson started."

Partial Qualifier
12/17/2008, 10:07 AM
Historically, this board's been great about taking smack in stride, even creatively turning it around towards the opposing fans. I think we're, as a group, still bristly about the whole ESPN/ABC/Texas/Whinefest deal.

A few years ago, TRUE HEI5MAN probably would've been green. :O

fadada1
12/17/2008, 10:09 AM
i will say this about florida after spending 2 years in gainesville - can't beat the weather. and being a fan/alumni of both schools, neither has room to throw down "hillbilly smack". driving east on highway 9 towards the metropolis of PINK, is similar to driving west on archer road from gainesville. i will say this about pink - most (not all) of the homes are anchored to solid earth. the town of archer is more of a semi-permanent M*A*S*H unit with folks belonging to the 30-30-30 club ($30K house, $30K boat, $30K truck).

TRUE HE15MAN
12/17/2008, 10:25 AM
Skorts! That says it all. Seriously I like Destin,nice place to visit but since the game is in Florida after we win I fully expect at least 1-2 recounts.

"Oklahoma....finishing what Andrew Jackson started."

I think you are tring to refer to jorts not skorts. I have never worn jorts but I wasn't born in florida so maybe that's why. you sooners have a lot of room to talk, I watched a documentary on okie noodling, correct me if I'm wrong but 99% of the guys in that doc. were wearing jorts and an OU hat. wassup wit that?
GO GATORS!!!

JGATOR
12/17/2008, 10:44 AM
I have to come out of the woods. I live in a wood framed house. I do live in the suburbs of the City of Archer but I am not a member of the 30-30-30 club and I do not wear jorts (at least in public). I guess I live in the boonies because cable does not even run out to where I live but electricity does so I figure that's wash.

Partial Qualifier
12/17/2008, 10:46 AM
well welcome aboard, slapnuts. ;)

SoonerJack
12/17/2008, 11:01 AM

Am I the only one who noticed the improper spelling of albeit?

BillySims
12/17/2008, 11:16 AM
BOOMER!

Crucifax Autumn
12/17/2008, 11:28 AM
Sooner!

fadada1
12/17/2008, 12:05 PM
Am I the only one who noticed the improper spelling of albeit?

is that one of those i before e except if you're a gator things?

G8trGr8t
12/17/2008, 01:20 PM
We don't need bait money, catch the bait, leaves more for beer and football tickets to watch us win our second championship in 3 years.

85 and sunny here today. Headed down to the dock after work to catch a fresh snook for dinner tonight.

OUinFLA
12/17/2008, 01:55 PM
We don't need bait money, catch the bait, leaves more for beer and football tickets to watch us win our second championship in 3 years.

85 and sunny here today. Headed down to the dock after work to catch a fresh snook for dinner tonight.

Ya might want to be careful about that, snook season is closed.
At least down Tampa way it is.

HiFiGator
12/17/2008, 02:08 PM
I guess Gaytor fans can't take a little "friendly poke in the ribs." either. Make a little joke about having so much in common with Mack & CO, the folks who invented whiney, and you go off. Be careful with that gun. Remember what happened to Plexico. Try growing some thicker skin, yourself. January 8th will be a long, long night for all Gaytors once they realize that their D can't stop OUr offense with any consistency.

Boy Billy-Bob, you shore got him on that un there. Did use guys see that? He put that "y" in there. Get it ... Gay-Tor ... see? Yessiree, you done thowed out another good un. Yore a hoot for shore Billy-Bob.

HiFiGator
12/17/2008, 02:09 PM
Ya might want to be careful about that, snook season is closed.
At least down Tampa way it is.

Filet and release????

OUinFLA
12/17/2008, 02:16 PM
Filet and release????

I can bring beer, what time will the grill be ready?

TRUE HE15MAN
12/17/2008, 02:18 PM
I guess Gaytor fans can't take a little "friendly poke in the ribs." either. Make a little joke about having so much in common with Mack & CO.

after jan 8 we will have 1 more thing in common with Mack & Co. a win over the all mighty sooners. GO GATORS!!!

Orange!!!

TRUE HE15MAN
12/17/2008, 02:19 PM
I guess Gaytor fans can't take a little "friendly poke in the ribs." either. Make a little joke about having so much in common with Mack & CO.

after jan 8 we will have 1 more thing in common with Mack & Co. a win over the all mighty sooners. GO GATORS!!!

Orange!!!

TRUE HE15MAN
12/17/2008, 02:20 PM

Orange!!!

SNRMAGIC
12/17/2008, 02:28 PM
Only thing you will have in common with Texas is an over hyped QB.

OUinFLA
12/17/2008, 02:32 PM
the board is in it's suc mode this afternoon :(

G8trGr8t
12/17/2008, 02:49 PM
Dock is close enough to the grill and my neighbors like me, or maybe they just like the leftovers. Within 30 minutes of the lights coming on, it becomes feeding time. 10 minutes later, the grill is sizzling.

TRUE HE15MAN
12/17/2008, 02:59 PM
realy sorry for the multiple posts pc got a lil screwy

HiFiGator
12/17/2008, 02:59 PM
Dock is close enough to the grill and my neighbors like me, or maybe they just like the leftovers. Within 30 minutes of the lights coming on, it becomes feeding time. 10 minutes later, the grill is sizzling.

Ten Minutes??!!! Blasphemy! You aren't wasting kicka$$ fish like that cooking it over gas are 'ya? Shame on you.

Sooners and Gators can probably agree on this much: cook with wood, or charcoal at the least!

OUinFLA
12/17/2008, 03:33 PM
realy sorry for the multiple posts pc got a lil screwy

probably not your fault, our board has been a bit woozy lately.

no doubt espn is bad-mouthing us

:D

fadada1
12/17/2008, 04:14 PM
probably not your fault, our board has been a bit woozy lately.

no doubt espn is bad-mouthing us

:D

hornfans probably would beat us head-to-head. possibly 45-35.