PDA

View Full Version : wow, florida fans are really annoying

PDXsooner
12/16/2008, 06:56 PM
I have been (mildly) surprised at what a bunch of idiots florida fans are.

The biggest surprise is how much they rely on the "SEC" argument. I've always felt that fans of great programs didn't need to rely on the rest of the teams in the conference in their arguments.

For example - OU and Texas fans tend to talk about their own programs, and the greatness that their own programs have achieved. Oklahoma State and Baylor fans, however, like to mention how tough the Big 12 is as if that makes their programs better.

For a program that has had some recent success, they sure like to rely on their (overrated) conference to make points about their team.

ClintonSooner
12/16/2008, 06:58 PM
well if you were in the football mecca(SEC) you would say different!

:rolleyes:

sooner ngintunr
12/16/2008, 06:59 PM
recent success and their overrated conference is all that they have. sux for them.

catsigater
12/16/2008, 07:04 PM
None of the UF posters here are "relying on the SEC argument."

A question was raised about the curious (to (y)OU fans) fact that we take pride in our conference and it's accomplishments. We've attempted to explain it. Many of you don't buy that, and that's fine.

But if conference strength didn't mean anything, then Utah would be playing for the MNC and one of us would be sitting at home, most likely UF.

If your conference is perceived as weak, your victories lose some of their lustre, as in the case of Utah.

recent success and their overrated conference is all that they have. sux for them.

Don't worry, OU's spanking's coming soon.

sooner ngintunr
12/16/2008, 07:11 PM
SEC fans take pride in 'bama's 17 NC.:rolleyes: They just make **** up for something to have pride in.

TheGodfather889
12/16/2008, 07:16 PM
I'm sure they're not too far removed from the gene pool or should I say cess pool that is the LSU fan base. The people I met when I went to the UF/Vandy game in 2005 when I was there but I could definitely see them being like LSU fans because they are in the SEC. That's not a compliment either, LSU fans are the worst fans in sports.

PDXsooner
12/16/2008, 07:16 PM
You know, i'm not saying the SEC isn't great. I'm really not. But, how would you actually know? The non-conference schedules are as bad as it gets and beating up on the big Ten in most of your bowl games isn't really an indicator.

I'd like to see more SEC-Big 12 bowl matchups.

PDXsooner
12/16/2008, 07:18 PM
Also, were there any good defenses outside of Gainesville this year? If so, who? What great defenses were in the SEC this year?

delhalew
We have some gators that have come over who I have been enjoying. That said SEC programs have a high probability of fans who use the radiculous arguement that make all Soonerfans LOL. SEC=pownage just doesn't fly for anyone with two brain cells to rub together.

Gators with good sense...you know who you are. Kudos.

KsSooner
All I know is that the Big 12 had better win a majority of their bowl games, especially OU, texass, and Tech. They don't, and the SEC does, then maybe the nationwide perception could be correct.

But...OU 45+ florida 31

SoonerMom2
All I know is that when our family moved to Norman, the people of Oklahoma were welcoming and very friendly. When I have visited Gainesville on three separate occasions, I don't get the same feeling. I sensed arrogance pretty much everywhere. Then I found out it is an Aggie school and haven't quit chuckling since. The professional university is Florida State.

Personally I don't care what the rest of the Big 12 schools do and in a lot of instances, I don't even root for them to win. I care about OU. I never did understand all the rooting for the SEC at the top of the chain. Day I root for TX or OSU to win all but us I hope someone locks me away. I grew in the Big 10 and can guarantee you that I didn't root for Michigan to win one game. I am the same way in the Big 12! OU all the way!

PDXsooner
12/16/2008, 07:26 PM
I think a lot of the conference-rooting crap started coming into play with the inception of the BCS. In order to have "qualtiy wins" and a good SOS, you needed other teams in your conference to appear strong so you looked strong.

But it's gone too far nowadays, and no one embodies that more then the SEC. You have Arkansas and Kentucky fans chanting "SEC" as if that means something. They should just combine all 12 schools and play as a team called "SEC".

Have some pride in your own University, you bumbling idiots!!!

HungaryGator
12/16/2008, 07:31 PM
Then I found out it is an Aggie school and haven't quit chuckling since. The professional university is Florida State.

ROTFLMAO!!!!! That pretty much says it all about your knowledge of state universities in Florida.

HungaryGator
12/16/2008, 07:32 PM
Why on earth should it bother anybody else if fans of SEC schools take pride in their conference? All this whining about it is silly. They simply see things differently than you do. Deal with it.

sooner518
12/16/2008, 07:35 PM
Also, were there any good defenses outside of Gainesville this year? If so, who? What great defenses were in the SEC this year?

Bammer is pretty good.

And Tennessee and LSU.... :rolleyes: :D

My Opinion Matters
12/16/2008, 07:35 PM
They're an odd group. Not really what I imagined. They've got a pathological obsession with physical measurables. If I have to read another post about how much Tebow can dead-lift, or how Jeff Demps had to stop being an Olympic sprinter because it was too easy for him, I'm going to puke.

In the 4+ years I've posted and the 7+ years I've read this site I don't think I've ever seen anyone mention how much Sam Bradford can bench. Thank God for that.

PDXsooner
12/16/2008, 07:51 PM
Why on earth should it bother anybody else if fans of SEC schools take pride in their conference? All this whining about it is silly. They simply see things differently than you do. Deal with it.

ha ha, whining? it's a simple observation. Don't tell us what to deal with. You'll (Florida) have your hands full in the NC dealing with an offense more gifted than those train wrecks you call offense in that conference.

PDXsooner
12/16/2008, 07:54 PM
Bammer is pretty good.

agree on that

And Tennessee and LSU.... :rolleyes: :D

:D on that

TRUE HE15MAN
12/16/2008, 11:57 PM
ok people root for there conference for different reasons. I personaly hate every team in the sec besides florida but if they all lost where would it leave us. florida fans realy need an un defeated bama in the sec champ game or we prob didn't have a chance to get into the title game. now that we are in I hope every sec tanks in ther bowl game except for ol'miss vs. tex. tech. GO GATORS!!!

Stoop Dawg
12/17/2008, 12:17 AM
You have to admit, the Big 12 stole the spotlight this year. I'm sure the other conferences (including the SEC) were a little perturbed by it.

And, as others have mentioned, when your football "tradition" goes back a whopping 12 years, you've got to rely on something outside your own program.

We've dueled UM. We've dueled FSU. We won some. We lost some. Here comes UF. Like logs down the river.

And here we are. Still playing NC games in the Orange Bowl. It's good to be a Sooner.