PDA

View Full Version : Murray to have surgery, miss BCS game

Jay C. Upchurch
12/16/2008, 11:02 AM
NORMAN -- Oklahoma running back DeMarco Murray will undergo surgery on Dec. 22, and will not play in the 2008 BCS National Championship Game. The sophomore has a partial rupture of a hamstring tendon in his left leg.

"Obviously we're very disappointed for DeMarco," said OU Head Coach. "He has been an important part of our success this year and we will miss his contributions. DeMarco has had an incredible year.

"With Chris Brown and Mossis Madu, we still have two very fine backs. Our team has a lot of confidence in their abilities."

Murray sustained the injury on the opening kickoff of the Big 12 Championship Game against Missouri on Dec. 6. Initially, it was thought that Murray had sustained a bruise, but an MRI performed on Dec. 8, revealed the additional damage.

After weighing options, it was since been determined that surgery would be performed.

According to OU Head Athletics Trainer Scott Anderson, it will be approximately five months before Murray is cleared to resume training.

Murray is Oklahoma's second-leading rusher with 1,002 yards, just eight behind Brown. He was the team leader in all purpose yards with 2,171. In addition to his rushing total, Murray had 395 receiving yards and another 774 via kickoff returns. He was second on the team with 18 touchdowns and third in points scored with 108.

Madu has rushed for 463 yards and six touchdowns as the team's third-team back. He filled in for Murray in the Big 12 title game and carried 15 times for 114 yards and three touchdowns.

In other injury related news, OU quarterback Sam Bradford will have the large cast removed from his left hand Wednesday. It will be replaced by a smaller cast.

The sophomore has been in New York since Friday for activities associated with the Heisman Trophy. He is slated to return Tuesday.

Oklahoma meets Florida on Jan. 8, in Miami to determine the BCS National Championship.

OU Sports Info Report

The Maestro
12/16/2008, 11:03 AM
That....just....sucks.

Thanks for ruining my day...:)

Man...wow.

Gonna go vomit now.

BlondeSoonerGirl
12/16/2008, 11:03 AM
Crap.

instigator
12/16/2008, 11:08 AM
Every ****ing year!!!! When are we going to have all of our weapons in a bowl game again?

I am sorry for Demarco. I hope he gets better soon.

Boomer.....
12/16/2008, 11:10 AM
****!

soonerstan56
It was just announced on KREF that Demarco will have surgery for his hamstring and miss the N.C. game.

Stan

birddog
well, that came out of nowhere. seems about right, though. son of a b.

good thing we're stacked at rb. mossis and cb will tear it up.

MojoRisen
12/16/2008, 11:11 AM
Well someone is going to say it, might was well be me.. Should Murray of all people who get hurt on Special Teams - be on Special Teams..

This really sucks.....

Lott's Bandana
12/16/2008, 11:12 AM
Prayers for DeMarco.
As disappointed as we all are by this turn of events, it cannot be remotely possible to comprehend how badly this exceptional student-athlete feels right now.

BoulderSooner79
Argh, when DM couldn't go back in the CCG, I was just dreading something like this. This is a huge loss.

The_Red_Patriot
****!!!!!!!!!!

CincySooner
Barf...

Go Brown and Madu!!

sooner518
sonofabitch!!!!

boomersooner28
12/16/2008, 11:13 AM
Sunovafrickinbitch! :mad:

I friggin hate these 3 weeks leading up to the bowl games. Nothing but bad news every year. :mad:

soonermagic14
12/16/2008, 11:13 AM
Not having Murray will hurt but Madu will step up. Madu (3TD's and over 100 yds rushing) and Brown played very well in the Mizzou game. How many games was Murray at 100% this year anyways? From what I've seen out of Madu when he has played is that he is very quick, hits the holes hard, and has break away speed. Who would be the other deep man on kickoff return now? My opinion- Madu or Broyles.

JLEW1818
12/16/2008, 11:14 AM
**** MY LIFE

Turd_Ferguson
12/16/2008, 11:14 AM
Prayers for DeMarco.
As disappointed as we all are by this turn of events, it cannot be remotely possible to comprehend how badly this exceptional student-athlete feels right now.What he said^^^^^^

The Maestro
12/16/2008, 11:15 AM
Well someone is going to say it, might was well be me.. Should Murray of all people who get hurt on Special Teams - be on Special Teams..

This really sucks.....

DeMarco was a game breaker on kickoff returns and we needed him there. It was a freak deal. He could have gotten hurt running the ball. Get your best players on the field and have them make plays. He was doing that.

His fault for not hurdling the guy!! ;)

I feel SO bad for him...just thinking how mad he was to miss the Big 12 title game when they showed him banging the bench on the sidelines. That much worse for this game.

We gotta suck it up. Thank God our next two backs are damn good, too.

MojoRisen
12/16/2008, 11:16 AM
5 Months??? That must be a damn serious injury - My best wishes to Murray to come back next year and tear it up again... No special teams for him though...

TheUnnamedSooner
Wow. I feel bad for him. The team will miss him, but stoops is right, we do have a couple good backs left.

Circle City Gator
First, best of luck and speedy recovery. I never want to see a kid hurt.

Second, that sucks. I never want to see any kid hurt, and I also don't want to play against anything but the other team's very best.

meoveryouxinfinity
doomed.

JLEW1818
12/16/2008, 11:18 AM
It's gonna hurt, but its not like are running game was going to win us the game, in my opinion. Big shoes for Madu and Brown

85sooners
12/16/2008, 11:18 AM
get well murray

Knippz
12/16/2008, 11:19 AM
I'm seriously about to cry.

SPuL
12/16/2008, 11:24 AM
I am lost for words. $#$#%$%#%$%

Texas_Fight
12/16/2008, 11:24 AM
Man... that's too bad. I'm guessing this ensures he comes back next year. But with your O-line probably being much worse, his NFL stock is going to tumble. Tough luck.

Soonermagik
12/16/2008, 11:25 AM
It appears that Murray will be having surgery on his knee and will miss the title game. I have a pretty strong source that confirms this.

THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

SoonerTroll
12/16/2008, 11:26 AM
DeMarco Murray, we bareley knew thee!!

The Maestro
12/16/2008, 11:29 AM
But with your O-line probably being much worse, his NFL stock is going to tumble.

You're an idiot. GO away on this topic. You won't hear excuses from OU and OUr O-line is gonna be just fine next year.

instigator
12/16/2008, 11:31 AM
Not having Murray will hurt but Madu will step up. Madu (3TD's and over 100 yds rushing) and Brown played very well in the Mizzou game. How many games was Murray at 100% this year anyways? From what I've seen out of Madu when he has played is that he is very quick, hits the holes hard, and has break away speed. Who would be the other deep man on kickoff return now? My opinion- Madu or Broyles.

It's not that Brown and Madu aren't as good, it's that they aren't as versatile. Murray could line up anywhere. Brown can't Madu is closer to that and hopefully with some time to get ready, they'll be able to get Madu in the slot and out wide a little. We need that kind of versatility. We always talk about how we can run/lineup in any formation without changing personnel. That was when Murray was in the game. Like I said though, hopefully Madu can get some time in that personnel group.

Okie35
12/16/2008, 11:33 AM
Wow. I feel bad for him. The team will miss him, but stoops is right, we do have a couple good backs left.

you know what thats right... and best wishes to demarco but i still have a feeling madu (and brown) may have a statement game... i was mad at first but honestly the game can and still will be won by the sooners... this right here will just add a lil more adversity this way and bring more fuel to the fire... ppl get hurt all the time and all you need is for that one person filling the spot to step up and i have faith that it will happen...

SCxxSOONER
12/16/2008, 11:33 AM
This is a call for our O line and Mossis Madu to step up big-time. Chris Brown just be the Chris Brown you've been all year steady and dependable.

TahoeSOONER
12/16/2008, 11:34 AM
Good luck on your recovery Demarco!

For us fans, let's not get all doom and gloom. We lost some pop on our offense but this is not the end all. We know we're going to score! It's been clear that if we win this game our defense needs to show the SEC what were about. I know one of our game breakers just went out but we should be playaction to Gresham all fing day. What a statement it will make if we beat thier tails without the third all purpose yard player in the country.

Also, he'd be out if we had a playoff that started this week anyway.

Injuries are a part of football so let's get are heads on straight and give the players on the field the support they need.

BOOMER!

shaun4411
12/16/2008, 11:35 AM
murray texted me and said that it's a rouse to confuse florida. its actually madu that's injured. peterson will be wearing #17 that day.

CaliBornSoonerBred
12/16/2008, 11:35 AM
It's gonna hurt, but its not like are running game was going to win us the game, in my opinion. Big shoes for Madu and Brown

My thoughts exactly! We weren't going to beat fla by running the ball 35 times. But I hate to see him go down because he's a threat to take it to the barn everytime out of the back field on checkdowns and swing routes. Possibilities of Calhoun and Johnson seeing time??? We will be ok, everyone, STEP OFF THE LEDGE! Madu's time is now, I think he responds very well and we all know what CB can do. The key to the game is how well we throw the ball/O line as well as the D. It's tough to see him go down but best of luck on a speedy recovery and hope he's at full strength in spring ball for his sake.

Okie35
12/16/2008, 11:36 AM

you know what thats right... and best wishes to demarco but i still have a feeling madu (and brown) may have a statement game... i was mad at first but honestly the game can and still will be won by the sooners... this right here will just add a lil more adversity this way and bring more fuel to the fire... ppl get hurt all the time and all you need is for that one person filling the spot to step up and i have faith that it will happen... as for special teams broyles could be back returning kicks w/ iglesias... as for murray i hope hes comes back next year in full strength to have a great season...

FlatheadSooner
12/16/2008, 11:37 AM
This is definately a chink in OUr armor for the NC game. :(

Damn! All the stars were aligning so well.

I hope they use Clapp in the run game a bit more - as an added twist.

Okie35
12/16/2008, 11:41 AM
My thoughts exactly! We weren't going to beat fla by running the ball 35 times. But I hate to see him go down because he's a threat to take it to the barn everytime out of the back field on checkdowns and swing routes. Possibilities of Calhoun and Johnson seeing time??? We will be ok, everyone, STEP OFF THE LEDGE! Madu's time is now, I think he responds very well and we all know what CB can do. The key to the game is how well we throw the ball/O line as well as the D. It's tough to see him go down but best of luck on a speedy recovery and hope he's at full strength in spring ball for his sake.

yea ... madu can easily pick up 3+ yards a carry... and break out for long yards hes pretty shifty... just need a good run game to open up the passing game... the offense imo was always going to be fine... i was more concerned w/ the kick/punt coverage... i dont want florida getting short fields... i wasn't concerned w/ the defense either... i have a feeling they will cause turnovers, they've been doing it all year...

OKC-SLC
12/16/2008, 11:41 AM
damn.

Hot Rod
12/16/2008, 11:43 AM
you know what thats right... and best wishes to demarco but i still have a feeling madu (and brown) may have a statement game

They played great in KC. Bradford only had 2 passing TDs, so I'm still confident in OUr run game.

SoonerStormchaser
12/16/2008, 11:44 AM
MOTHER ****ER!!!

BillySims
12/16/2008, 11:46 AM
BOOMER???

My Opinion Matters
12/16/2008, 11:50 AM
Well, that's certainly a kick in the balls.

possumfat
12/16/2008, 11:51 AM
Just read he will have surgery...........this is not good but the other guys can carry the load. We need Billy on the sidelines yelling "BOOMER" to keep everyone motivated...........that would be to cool !!

XFollower
12/16/2008, 11:53 AM
I think Brown and Madu can easily fill those shoes. I don't think Demarco has been that much better than those guys this year.

Sooner13
12/16/2008, 11:53 AM
[hairGel] GARBAGE!!!

instigator
12/16/2008, 11:55 AM
Look up.

OKLA21FAN
12/16/2008, 11:55 AM
Can you get me a ring tone? :gary:

sooner2b09
12/16/2008, 11:56 AM
well ****

The Maestro
12/16/2008, 11:57 AM
BOOMER???

10 more to go!!

colleyvillesooner
12/16/2008, 11:59 AM
They played great in KC. Bradford only had 2 passing TDs, so I'm still confident in OUr run game.

Only thing is Missouri's defense sucked...

possumfat
12/16/2008, 11:59 AM
ooooops, sorry. Didn't see the "Sticky" at the top.

Lott's Bandana
12/16/2008, 12:00 PM
Did someone say "swing pass"?

Ok, so UF isn't WestMoore, but this might cheer ya'll up a little bit...at least, it is fun to watch:

c47NXsITDxg

colleyvillesooner
12/16/2008, 12:00 PM
Sucks he's out for 5 months. No spring either.

Big D Sooner
12/16/2008, 12:04 PM
Hmm... this seems familiar. Oh yeah, it's just like the last few BCS bowls where some key player is unable to play. Gosh, I wonder how those games turned out.

HBick
12/16/2008, 12:09 PM
This is definitely motivation. Have you heard that is affecting the spread? There is a bunch of talk that the line will move to 7-8 now. That can't be right can it?

BillyBall
12/16/2008, 12:11 PM
He is such a match up problem, but this may be the deepest position we have on the field. Brown is a great back, Madu has shown flashes of brilliance and worse case scenario you rip the RS off of Calhoun.

SoonerTank
12/16/2008, 12:12 PM
Did someone say "swing pass"?

Ok, so UF isn't WestMoore, but this might cheer ya'll up a little bit...at least, it is fun to watch:

c47NXsITDxg

Thanks. He sure looks great don't he??? There's nothing we can do about the injury to DM. Just accept it and go on. I still feel sick to my stomach though. Hope we see Madu and Brown tear them up.:(

soonermagic14
12/16/2008, 12:13 PM
they have plenty of time to prepare...they'll give madu reps reps reps in practice. he's right, be thankful we dont have a playoff system in place right now. we'll be fine guys. they just have to work harder and overcome more adversity. people will really tell us we cant beat florida now....that's what i want....get pissed off and practice hard!

setem
12/16/2008, 12:17 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Murray will be missed but I think Brown and Madu can pick up the slack.

soonerboomer93
12/16/2008, 12:18 PM
get well Demarco

bosworthsteroidmafia
12/16/2008, 12:18 PM

I respectfully disagree. In my opinion, OUr ability to run the ball is one of the key differences. That said, I think Brown and Madu will step up big.

UF doesn't have a true running game - they run a lot of gimmicky draws out of the shotgun with their glorified slot-receiver RB's.

adoniijahsooner
12/16/2008, 12:20 PM
Cut the crybaby crap out! We are not a team that relies on one or 2 people to carry the day. Madu and Brown will be read to play. THey both know all the calls, and they both know how to pick up the blitz. Hell Clapp may get in there behind Eldridge and gresham, and allow us to beat the **** out them with the run. This offense is not motivated by any one person; Manny went out and Sam still threw for 400 yards. Last week Demarco didnt play a down and we still scored 62 points. As long as we have that offensive line we will be fine. On a personal note this hurts more for the individual; because I absolutely admire D. Murray, and hate that he has to sit another BCS game. I just hope that next year he doesnt have the same trouble adjusting to game speed and getting comfortable. How does that injury happen, because its the first time I have heard of it.

TMcGee86
12/16/2008, 12:21 PM
Burn the redshirts.

Yes I know I always say this, and usually it would have been a bad idea, but who gives a ****.

I say burn them all, get Calhoun and Johnson playing, they have had all year to prepare, and it gives us silly awesome secret weapons, if they are as good as were touted coming out of HS.

PLus, if we lose, our last worry should be what happens in four years. Who cares if we dont have five years with these guys, if they are good they will just leave early anyway. I'd rather do everything I could when given the opportunity to win #8 than possibly allow another year for an RB.

It's not like we've had trouble getting RB's evar.

BURN EM TO THE GROUND!!!! And while you are at it, BURN RJ'S TOO!

THIS ****ING SUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!

seriously just ruined my day.

Crimson_Balls
12/16/2008, 12:26 PM
BALLS!!!

missann
12/16/2008, 12:26 PM
Wow. Maybe this can be motivation --Win it for DeMarco!

SoonerinSouthlake
12/16/2008, 12:31 PM
Gents....
Its not the same without Murray
But our offense is still freaking awesome! Madu will be great and be a household name after this game. We will be fine.

I wont be stupid enough to say that we WANTED one of our best players to go down. But I will say that we wanted to be playing as if our backs were against the proverbial wall.

For the most part, we are already the dogs in this game. THis will make the betting line go up for Fla...motivating our guys even more.

SoonerinSouthlake
12/16/2008, 12:31 PM
whats the status of Percy Harvin for Florida?

Okie35
12/16/2008, 12:32 PM
Cut the crybaby crap out! We are not a team that relies on one or 2 people to carry the day. Madu and Brown will be read to play. THey both know all the calls, and they both know how to pick up the blitz. Hell Clapp may get in there behind Eldridge and gresham, and allow us to beat the **** out them with the run. This offense is not motivated by any one person; Manny went out and Sam still threw for 400 yards. Last week Demarco didnt play a down and we still scored 62 points. As long as we have that offensive line we will be fine. On a personal note this hurts more for the individual; because I absolutely admire D. Murray, and hate that he has to sit another BCS game. I just hope that next year he doesnt have the same trouble adjusting to game speed and getting comfortable. How does that injury happen, because its the first time I have heard of it.

http://www.leadtheway.ca/ruptured_hamstring.htm

its not the first time i have heard of it but yea the offense will be completely fine like i stated before... sure demarco will be missed but i doubt the O will lose a step... i think ppl forget the rbs are pretty deep... and madu can pick up yards easily...

colleyvillesooner
12/16/2008, 12:32 PM
Burn the redshirts.

Yes I know I always say this, and usually it would have been a bad idea, but who gives a ****.

I say burn them all, get Calhoun and Johnson playing, they have had all year to prepare, and it gives us silly awesome secret weapons, if they are as good as were touted coming out of HS.

PLus, if we lose, our last worry should be what happens in four years. Who cares if we dont have five years with these guys, if they are good they will just leave early anyway. I'd rather do everything I could when given the opportunity to win #8 than possibly allow another year for an RB.

It's not like we've had trouble getting RB's evar.

BURN EM TO THE GROUND!!!! And while you are at it, BURN RJ'S TOO!

THIS ****ING SUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!

seriously just ruined my day.

Johnson isn't redshirting. He's played in 9 games.

Soonerette
12/16/2008, 12:35 PM

I totally agree with you! I may not know everything about football... I'm just a fan. But I mean damn... It's true, we did put up 62 without him. Yea it hurts to know we wont have him come Jan. 8th. But OUr boys still know what they have to do. Dont be too hard on the rest of them just because our main boy is out. We cant put too much pressure on not having D. Murray, you have to remember that the rest of the boys are still there and they are going to fight till the end to get that trophy! BRING IT HOME!!! BOOMER

Landthief 1972
12/16/2008, 12:37 PM
http://newsok.com/demarco-murray-out-for-bcs-title-game/article/3330623?custom_click=breaking_news

OU's DeMarco Murray out for BCS title game

FROM STAFF REPORTS
Published: December 16, 2008

Oklahoma running back DeMarco Murray will undergo surgery on Dec. 22 and will not play in the BCS National Championship game. The sophomore has a partial rupture of a hamstring tendon in his left leg.

adoniijahsooner
12/16/2008, 12:37 PM
http://www.leadtheway.ca/ruptured_hamstring.htm

its not the first time i have heard of it but yea the offense will be completely fine like i stated before... sure demarco will be missed but i doubt the O will lose a step... i think ppl forget the rbs are pretty deep... and madu can pick up yards easily...

Thanks for the info, It said it was common.

Landthief 1972
12/16/2008, 12:38 PM
dangit, missed the stickie. I feel like n00b.

NawlensGator
12/16/2008, 12:38 PM
That really sucks. I hope he heals 110%.

I think your running game won't miss a beat with Brown and Madu. But how will it affect the KO returns? Is he the primary return man, or no. 2?

swardboy
12/16/2008, 12:39 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I seem to remember a certain Lou Holtz-led Arkansas team come limping into the Orange Bowl decimated at running back because of team infractions. And we all know what happened there.

OU has 10x the weapons that Arkansas team had, and they're battle tested. We shall rise to the occasion. And doing it with this roster loss will seal our dominance.

adoniijahsooner
12/16/2008, 12:43 PM

I think your running game won't miss a beat with Brown and Madu. But how will it affect the KO returns? Is he the primary return man, or no. 2?

Ryan Broyles more than likely

OKC-SLC
12/16/2008, 12:44 PM
let the excuses fly, sooners were dead in the water anyway. now you guys have a tangible excuse to use.
I do hope the kid recovers well and has a good view of the beating he doesn't have to receive. GO GATORS!!

You registered on a website just to post this nonsense?

BillyBall
12/16/2008, 12:44 PM
let the excuses fly, sooners were dead in the water anyway. now you guys have a tangible excuse to use.
I do hope the kid recovers well and has a good view of the beating he doesn't have to receive. GO GATORS!!

Great, let the jort posts begin

boomersooner28
12/16/2008, 12:52 PM
What a tough decision for a kid. This sucks Demarco but you will be back and you will lead us to the promise land next year. You'll get your shot...keep your head up!

stoopified
12/16/2008, 12:52 PM
That....just....sucks.

Thanks for ruining my day...:)

Man...wow.

Gonna go vomit now.Ditto

Knippz
12/16/2008, 12:54 PM

Why can't I neg?

Lott's Bandana
12/16/2008, 12:57 PM

Go guard a bridge somewhere.

Okie35
12/16/2008, 12:58 PM

screw the excuses... your weak young secondary will still have fits and i hope spikes has fun chasing madu around... and i already know for a fact he wont be able to cover gresham... :D

adoniijahsooner
12/16/2008, 01:00 PM
Cut the crap, hornfans are making fun of the lamenting going on.

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=5836610&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

Widescreen
12/16/2008, 01:13 PM
Why can't I neg?

The idiot got banned.

picasso
12/16/2008, 01:15 PM
Thoughts and prayers go out to Demarco. That has to be incredibly frustrating.
Hang in there man, you're one of my favorites!

Widescreen
12/16/2008, 01:15 PM
Cut the crybaby crap out! We are not a team that relies on one or 2 people to carry the day.

I'll bet your opinion would be quite different if it had been Bradford instead of a position that we're loaded.

85Sooner
12/16/2008, 01:21 PM
WIN ONE FOR DEMARCO

DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMNDAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMNDAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN
DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMNDAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMNDAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMNDAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN
DAMN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adoniijahsooner
12/16/2008, 01:27 PM
I'll bet your opinion would be quite different if it had been Bradford instead of a position that we're loaded.

This is true, but I was trying not to mention that, because I dont want to jinx us.

soonermagic14
12/16/2008, 01:52 PM

I hope somebody shows Stoops this quote so he can post it in the locker room.....for a little added motivation. More fuel to the fire.

WxGuy1
12/16/2008, 01:57 PM
well, that came out of nowhere. seems about right, though. son of a b.

good thing we're stacked at rb. mossis and cb will tear it up.

I agree -- a loss of an RB is about as good as we can hope for now. We have two very talented RBs that will play in the game, something that certainly can't be said should we have lost a player at a different position (LB, OL/DL, QB, etc). Of course Murray is an excellent RB, but I'd rather lose him (nothing personal - just lose someone at that position) than most other players.

CarolinaSoonerFan
12/16/2008, 02:11 PM
There goes the wishbone......Go Madu...Get well Murray

SeattleSean
12/16/2008, 02:46 PM
I missed the OU/Texas game (was overseas). I want to see the whole game. Does anybody know where I can get it?

TripleOption14
12/16/2008, 02:50 PM
Well, not to be a sunshine pumper but... look at it this way. There is NO WAY Murray can make the jump to the pros now with his injury history. Unlike AD, Murrays injuries are pretty big and he will have to prove himself the next 2 years which in turn is good for us.

Get Well Soon Murray. The next two years are gonna be killer for you!!

CatfishSooner
12/16/2008, 02:51 PM
****!!!1 ****

stoopified
12/16/2008, 02:53 PM
Now that I have recovered from the initial shock,I'm looking at the bright side,THIS WILL RALLY a team that was being treated like Rodney Dangerfield already.When was the last time Bob lost a game as an underdog?I don't actually know but I'm fairly certain it has been a while and I am equally certain that we are hard to beat when it is Only Us against the world?

Anyone know where Tanya Harding and her crowbar crew are? :D

Maybe somewhere near Gainsville?

CarolinaSoonerFan
12/16/2008, 02:58 PM
Coach bring Rocky back to talk to the team before the game and remind them about 2000.

SoonerinSouthlake
12/16/2008, 03:03 PM
Pat White didnt play against us last year in the Fiesta Bowl did he? :O

TRUE HE15MAN
12/16/2008, 03:06 PM
I'M BACK!!!
I joined this website to stir up a lil sh!t leading up to the best national championship match up ever. I was unaware that the fighting & smack talk was restricted to the back alley. this thread is like my grammas house , you gotta keep yer voice down & be nice to everybody. so if you sooners (what the hell is a sooner) want some come find me on the smack talk board. till then. GO GATORS!!!

SoonerJack
12/16/2008, 03:09 PM

We're not telling. Go back to your own board.

Iam4OUru
12/16/2008, 03:11 PM
Even though losing DM is a blow, this does not change things all that much. CB and MM will hold up our running game allowing Sam to do his thing. The key to this game is still OU's ability to limit Florida's offensive possessions.

God Speed, DeMarco. This one's for you.

soonermagic14
12/16/2008, 03:18 PM
stay classy True He15man....stay classy

JLEW1818
12/16/2008, 03:44 PM
Broyles will get more kickoff returns I'm assuming.

birddog
12/16/2008, 03:45 PM

sweet jesus! i'm still looking for the crybaby crap. all i see are "damn, that sucks, good luck demarco, i'm glad we are deep there" posts.

heh, deep.

seriously, we'll be fine.

ouleaf
12/16/2008, 03:46 PM
Thank you Demarco for all you've done for us this year. You're a big reason for where we are right now and the season we have had. Best of luck on your rehab, and can't wait to cheer you on next year.

With that said, i'm definitely glad he didn't try and rush back or try to seek out any sort of quick fix procedure. I'd hate it if he tried to come back for the game and injury himself worse. Even if he could come back 100% physically I'd be worried he might return to playing at 80% mentally like he was earlier in the year, which we just can't have in a championship game.

With that in mind he will definitely be a presence for our guys on the sideline. Hopefully he is in everyones ears, pushing them all game long.

With that in mind, i'm not worried at all that he will be missing from the lineup. I think this will be a statement game for Chris Brown. If we can establish a passing game early to set him up for some nice runs that eventually wear down the UF defense, we will be in great shape to win the game.

birddog
12/16/2008, 03:47 PM
I'M BACK!!!
I joined this website to stir up a lil sh!t leading up to the best national championship match up ever. I was unaware that the fighting & smack talk was restricted to the back alley. this thread is like my grammas house , you gotta keep yer voice down & be nice to everybody. so if you sooners (what the hell is a sooner) want some come find me on the smack talk board. till then. GO GATORS!!!

i'm guessing teabag wears 15? that's how much i know, or care about florida.

Jboozer
12/16/2008, 03:51 PM
[QUOTE=TRUE HE15MAN;2530589]I'M BACK!!!
so if you sooners (what the hell is a sooner)

It refers to the land run. The sooners laid their claim to the OK terr. before the shot of the gun. Hence BOOMER..... SOONER. Sorry for the history lesson, but the gators need to learn.

TRUE HE15MAN
12/16/2008, 03:55 PM
i'm guessing teabag wears 15? that's how much i know, or care about florida.

you realy should familiarize your self more with the 2008 national champs.

Hot Rod
12/16/2008, 03:55 PM
LOL @ TRUE HE15MAN!

A little bitter are we?

birddog
12/16/2008, 03:58 PM
you realy should familiarize your self more with the 2008 national champs.

i've been to every home game since '86, so i'm good.

TRUE HE15MAN
12/16/2008, 04:02 PM
LOL @ TRUE HE15MAN!

A little bitter are we?

not at all Bradford was very deserving of the 1st Tebow Memorial Trophy.
personaly I feel mccoy was the most deserving.

TheGodfather889
12/16/2008, 04:03 PM

tbl
12/16/2008, 04:08 PM
I feel sick...

Hot Rod
12/16/2008, 04:10 PM

Haha...must be.

Funny though he didn't have the stats to even compare with the likes of Bradford, McCoy, and Harrell for his "own" trophy. At least he was noted for yelling and pumping up his teammates and being a "leader", which I guess is the only qualification for your "Tebow" Award. Just funny that these fans aren't happy that he at least got one Heisman. You'd think he didn't win it last year. LOL!

texas bandman
12/16/2008, 04:13 PM
Well, boys ... I haven't a thing to say.
You've played a great game...all of you. Great game.
(He tries to smile.)
I guess we just can't expect to win ‘em all.
(Stoops pauses and says quietly.)
I'm going to tell you something I've kept to myself for years --You know DeMarco Murray.
And you know what tradition is at Oklahoma...
(There is gentle, faraway look in his eyes as he recalls the boy's words.)
And the last thing he said to me -- "Coach Stoops," he said -"sometime, when the team is up against it -- and the breaks are beating the boys -- tell them to go out there with all they got and win just one for DeMarco...

cheezyq
12/16/2008, 04:13 PM

Normally I'd pwn this troll, but I get the distinct feeling that this one isn't worth it.

A little advice TH - "it is better to be silent and assumed a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

East Coast Bias
12/16/2008, 04:29 PM
You guys are going to scare off Hyman, it would be a lot more fun to torch him with the follow up on the 9th.....

richsooner
12/16/2008, 05:05 PM
Madu and Brown are quality backs, I agree. On the other hand FL is no Mizzou. When are we going to catch a break going into a post-season game. Whats next??....

PDXsooner
12/16/2008, 05:09 PM
this is so painful -- i can't remember a recent bowl when we had all of our playmakers. it feels like it's only a matter of time before someone gets hurt and sits out -- DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRUE HE15MAN
12/16/2008, 05:10 PM
Haha...must be.

Funny though he didn't have the stats to even compare with the likes of Bradford, McCoy, and Harrell for his "own" trophy. At least he was noted for yelling and pumping up his teammates and being a "leader", which I guess is the only qualification for your "Tebow" Award. Just funny that these fans aren't happy that he at least got one Heisman. You'd think he didn't win it last year. LOL!

bradford, mccoy & harrel all had AMAZING numbers but tebow
can't be expected to put up "high school" offensive numbers against nfl caliber defenses of the SEC. I realy just can't wait till jan 8, its should prove to be one for the ages.

Sooner13
12/16/2008, 05:13 PM
can't be expected to put up "high school" offensive numbers against nfl caliber defenses of the SEC. I realy just can't wait till jan 8, its should prove to be one for the ages.

:eek: I actually LOLd when I read this. Has to be one of the funniest things I've read in a while.

tbl
12/16/2008, 05:13 PM

Dude, the Detroit Lions would score 50 on any SEC defense you could put together, as they would any college D. NFL caliber teams are in the NFL.

TRUE HE15MAN
12/16/2008, 05:26 PM
I can't speak for any other gator on this site but I will return after jan 8 win or lose & take or give any due beating. but my feeling is that after the NC all gators will be getting the boot from this site. damn aint football great.
GO GATORS!!!

TRUE HE15MAN
12/16/2008, 05:32 PM
Dude, the Detroit Lions would score 50 on any SEC defense you could put together, as they would any college D. NFL caliber teams are in the NFL.

lol. I guess u haven't seen many lions games.
its called being fascitious.

Jacie
12/16/2008, 05:33 PM
Cut the crap, hornfans are making fun of the lamenting going on.

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=5836610&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

It's a given that they would be all over this. The time for us to talk about them will be when they are crying and moaning because they got their backsides paddled by tOSU . . .

delhalew
12/16/2008, 05:42 PM
First of all, Yeah we will be fine.

More importantly, Damn, I could really cry for this kid. He lays his *** on the line for us every year and gets a ****ing injury.

On that note, Hey gator troll piece of ****. Talk your stupid drival on any thread other than an injury thread were we are paying respect to a bad@ss young athlete. ******.

rammer jammer
12/16/2008, 05:43 PM
Florida showed it could produce offense without its primary weapon when Percy Harvin missed the SEC championship. Now Oklahoma has a chance to show its depth and versatility and ability to adapt its offense to the situation.
As a Gator fan I am disappointed that Murray is hurt. I want to play OU at full strength so that the result is not tarnished. I also want to see the best game and from what I have seen of Murray he is a bad mofo.

TRUE HE15MAN
12/16/2008, 05:59 PM
First of all, Yeah we will be fine.

More importantly, Damn, I could really cry for this kid. He lays his *** on the line for us every year and gets a ****ing injury.

On that note, Hey gator troll piece of ****. Talk your stupid drival on any thread other than an injury thread were we are paying respect to a bad@ss young athlete. ******.

look jerk I paid my respect, I coulda been an *** about his injury but I don't wish that on anyone, karma is a bitch. I have been responding back & forth to other peoples posts with kind & respectful banter. I wish he was playin cause I don't want any excuses.
GO GATORS!!!

jarrettlove3
12/16/2008, 05:59 PM
What kind of bull is this???? What happened to "bone bruise"?? Wow.

I guess ou will just have to step it up. Well, as the espn idiots say, "sam has alot of weapons" so if ou wins bradford will look better i guess ha!!

delhalew
12/16/2008, 06:09 PM
look jerk I paid my respect, I coulda been an *** about his injury but I don't wish that on anyone, karma is a bitch. I have been responding back & forth to other peoples posts with kind & respectful banter. I wish he was playin cause I don't want any excuses.
GO GATORS!!!

If I missed this post were you said anything respectful about Murray, I'm sorry for that, but this is not the place for ANY form of trash talk. We will be happy to give and receive on any number of other threads.

Hell, did you see what the horn got for his trouble? He said really nice things and got told to **** himself. I'm worn really thin on people and they're reactions to injuries. I can't tolerate a lack of respect.

SoonerSoph
12/16/2008, 06:24 PM
Florida showed it could produce offense without its primary weapon when Percy Harvin missed the SEC championship. Now Oklahoma has a chance to show its depth and versatility and ability to adapt its offense to the situation.
As a Gator fan I am disappointed that Murray is hurt. I want to play OU at full strength so that the result is not tarnished. I also want to see the best game and from what I have seen of Murray he is a bad mofo.

Heard this today on ESPN also about how Tebow won the SEC championship game without Harvin so let's see if Sam can do the same with Demarco.

He already did.

It was the Big 12 Championship game when Demarco got hurt on the opening kickoff.

OU won while scoring 60+ points.

I believe in Sam, Chris, and Mossis to pick up the slack although Demarco's presence will be greatly missed (see Fiesta Bowl, West Virginia).

rammer jammer
12/16/2008, 06:25 PM
What about Justin Johnson and Jermie Calhoun. they are supposed to be all world. Guess OU is pretty deep at running back. This injury will allow Oklahoma to show how deep it really is. All those killer recruiting classes gotta count for something.

TRUE HE15MAN
12/16/2008, 06:34 PM
If I missed this post were you said anything respectful about Murray, I'm sorry for that, but this is not the place for ANY form of trash talk. We will be happy to give and receive on any number of other threads.

Hell, did you see what the horn got for his trouble? He said really nice things and got told to **** himself. I'm worn really thin on people and they're reactions to injuries. I can't tolerate a lack of respect.

I'm a life long Dallas Cowboys fan who grew up in redskins territory so I took my share of **** talk. and with the injury plagued season we are having this yr. doggin out a guy about an injury is the last thing I would do. I'm just tryin to stir the pot, build up a little short term hatred between 2 teams that have no real history or problem with one another. its what football is all about. if I offend you, bite me. lol.
Go Gators!!!

delhalew
12/16/2008, 06:37 PM
You sucked your share of tools?

oh you fixed it now have you? You don't fool me;)

TheGodfather889
12/16/2008, 07:02 PM
Your NFL caliber defenses play against horrible offenses. Other than Matthew Stafford who was the best quarterback that Florida played against, John Parker Wilson? I'm not guaranteeing anything but I suspect Florida's defensive line is too small to get around OU's big and seasoned offensive line. The only player to really have success was Brian Orakpo from Texas since he has the package of being a bigger guy that is both physical and speedy. Florida doesn't have a player that is Orakpo's caliber. Another issue Florida will have is their young secondary. Young Jinorice Jenkins and Joe Hayden are athletic and talented and I could see them sticking with the receivers well but Florida does not have a defensive back or any linebacker that can match up with Jermaine Gresham. He's too big and he's too fast to match up with. Florida will have to make OU one dimensional and try to control the tempo of the game by trying to keep OU's possessions short even if they score so they can wear out the defense, like Texas did.

OU-HSV
12/16/2008, 07:41 PM
I heard this news while I was at work today. It's very unfortunate for not only the team, but for Murray. You know that guy wants to play in this game...I'm sure he's feeling down in the dumps big time.
Now, since all we can do is move ahead...it's a great thing that Brown is such a reliable player...and quite frankly Madu has looked very good. He always seems to run with a spark, he's very exciting to watch. I'm sure we will be okay, but it does suck to have DM on the bench.

Let's hope for a healthy recovery for DM.

swardboy
12/16/2008, 07:46 PM
I'm a life long Dallas Cowboys fan who grew up in redskins territory so I took my share of **** talk. and with the injury plagued season we are having this yr. doggin out a guy about an injury is the last thing I would do. I'm just tryin to stir the pot, build up a little short term hatred between 2 teams that have no real history or problem with one another. its what football is all about. if I offend you, bite me. lol.
Go Gators!!!

Our two game series with Alabama brought a lot of their posters here, some of whom remain. The series was marked by respectfulness between two of the most storied programs in NCAA history.

You, on the other hand, bring your juvenile "hatred" to the table. Either you're 13 years old, or just a product of a "johnny come lately" program, which Florida is, that doesn't have a clue about class or tradition. Every response of yours only reinforces my perception.

delhalew
12/16/2008, 07:47 PM
I just keep thinking of his disapointment on the bench in the Big 12 game. He would only nod at sport reporter sideline chick. Just pisses me off he got robbed of the post season...AGAIN.

soonerinabilene
12/16/2008, 07:51 PM
Man this really sucks for DM. My prayers go out to him both for his physical health and also that he can handle this mentally.

The only good thing i can say about this situation is that its not like we are having to ask Brad Johnson to come in for Romo. Brown is just as good, and Madu has proven he can play.

Lott's Bandana
12/16/2008, 07:51 PM

He had ''high school'' numbers last year against admittedly better defenses. If he wants to win his trophy back, he needs to go back to high school.

josh09
12/16/2008, 07:53 PM
Prayers for DeMarco.
As disappointed as we all are by this turn of events, it cannot be remotely possible to comprehend how badly this exceptional student-athlete feels right now.

Definitely. Im very confident in Chris and Mossis anyways. Its a loss, but i think we'll be ok.

birddog
12/16/2008, 08:24 PM
cheers to you all who acknowledged that he's torn up over not helping his team. it's easy to see these guys as machines that have no emotions.

i can't imagine missing the biggest game of my life, a game he's trained all his life to be apart of.

sorry, demarco. you'll get your shot. same for you ryan.

:(

boomermagic
12/16/2008, 08:25 PM
Man this really sucks for DM. My prayers go out to him both for his physical health and also that he can handle this mentally.

The only good thing i can say about this situation is that its not like we are having to ask Brad Johnson to come in for Romo. Brown is just as good, and Madu has proven he can play.

Brad Johnson ? Romo ? Who are they ?

Gat0r
12/16/2008, 08:46 PM
Sorry to hear about DMs injury. Believe me, I know it's tough and the guy will be emotionally crushed having to miss this game. We've had to go through it a couple of times with the Gators. We had two of our best players out for the Bama game and were all real nervous about it.
Best wishes to DM, he's a he11 of a running back.

A Sooner in Texas
12/16/2008, 09:11 PM
I hate this more for DeMarco than for us....our guys will step up, and Sam will pass for 3,000 yards and 10 TDs. :D Madu and Brown are sturdy and proven, and I think Ryan Broyles has the possibility of being our next big RB stud.

DeMarco, our hearts are broken for you, but you're a HUGE part of why we're playing for crystal!

cheezyq
12/16/2008, 10:06 PM
It's an odd coincidence that probably doesn't mean anything, but RR and DM are both from Vegas, and both have had multiple leg injuries...scary.

TRUE HE15MAN
12/16/2008, 10:22 PM
Our two game series with Alabama brought a lot of their posters here, some of whom remain. The series was marked by respectfulness between two of the most storied programs in NCAA history.

You, on the other hand, bring your juvenile "hatred" to the table. Either you're 13 years old, or just a product of a "johnny come lately" program, which Florida is, that doesn't have a clue about class or tradition. Every response of yours only reinforces my perception.

dude fish the stick out yer butt & lighten up. your taking things way to serious. GO GATORS!!

JLEW1818
12/16/2008, 10:58 PM
I have a better chance of playing than Calhoun

jarrettlove3
12/16/2008, 11:02 PM
I think Ryan Broyles has the possibility of being our next big RB stud.

What? Ryan Broyles plays Wide Receiver. Come on Buddy.

goingoneight
12/16/2008, 11:19 PM
First thing's first... best wishes for a full recovery, no matter how long it takes, and thank you for all you've done in the last two years... you've been a thrill to watch.

Second... quit being retarded, people. Demarco Murray may not have gotten to "full strength" this year (an argument I call BS on), but he's the elite-level athlete we need to field against Florida. Stop comparing Missouri's craptacular defense to Florida... OSU beat the fighting Boogers this year. Baylor almost beat the fighting Boogers for cying out loud.

Do we have quality guys and coaches to put together a good enough scheme still? Maybe... we'll see. Let's just for once pull our heads out of our asses and admit that we're not a 200-man Switzer roster and this is a huge loss in what was already a VERY tough game. UF is the best team we've played since USC in 2004 IMO, and they're getting us IN FLORIDA, IN A BCS GAME.

Let's see... Florida has great special teams... we don't. Florida has a quick offense we really have no idea if OU can stop effectively, and we have an OL that was supposedly too big and bad to be beaten, but somehow managed to get mauled by WVU, TCU and Texas during the 2008 calendar year.

I still like the matchup, but please, people... burning Calhoun's redshirt? If he was THAT good, he'd be playing like DeJuan Miller and Jameel Owens at least once this year. Same for Tress Way and RJ Washington.

OU needs to have a stellar effort from their defense in a BCS game, a turnover-free scoring fest against a great defense, and has to play excellent on special teams... as much as you want to rip Florida, just look at what's expected of us versus what we have to offer and what we haven't proven in recent years. Just remember all the homers who kept saying Matt Mauck, Matt Leinart, Pat White and the entirity of the Boise State roster had no chance against OU.

I like to think this defense hasn't truly peaked yet, but we'll see. Could be they haven't fallen on their asses yet, either. Hopefully Coach Stoops can put together an effort that baffles the CFB world waiting for us to fail.

aero
12/16/2008, 11:29 PM
Godspeed with the recovery Demarco. There are a bunch of us that can't wait to see you on the field again. Demarco is an exceptional athlete, almost sneaky good. He's so smooth it looks effortless. I knew he was good but was starting to think "man, this guy is REALLY good". Hopefully all goes well and he'll be back sooner than later. In the meantime, someone else is going to get a chance to shine. Who came in for Troy Aikman? Who came in for Nate Hybl? Who came in for Wally Pipp? Somebody gets a chance. Opportunity knocks.

GottaHavePride
12/17/2008, 12:34 AM
Dang.

Just... dang.

Get well, Demarco.

One thing I'd like to see tried in his absence? Jermaine Gresham on the end-around.

Sooner70
12/17/2008, 08:01 AM
Man, not good but Sooners have to overcome. This may force Matt Clapp more in the forefront. He's quite an athlete & versatile player. Between him & Madu, they're gonna be busy boys.

What I don't understand, the paper said the hamstring thing was his LEFT leg, but my recollection on the kickoff return, the helmet contact was on his RIGHT leg just above the knee. Wonder how that happened?

Now, for second guessing. I know Stoops used to also use AD on kickoffs, but what's the reason & wisdom of putting your star, go to running back in harms way on the possible way to the BCS NCG ? I mean, what's the deal on that?

Blessings & a speedy recovery to DeMarco. He's a heckuva running back.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/17/2008, 10:17 AM
Could someone please explain to me how he could have been injured this badly on that play? Watching the returns, there doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary, he rolled over that's it. I still am surprised he was injured on that play.

BoulderSooner79
12/17/2008, 10:47 AM
Watching the play in slow motion, I detect his left cleat sticking in the field for just a split second before going into that forward roll. Looked like a quick, but forceful stretch of the left hamstring - probably while he was contracting it to stride. That whole knee bruise story must have been to throw off the media until they knew what was really wrong.