PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young or Tim Tebow

Leroy Lizard
12/16/2008, 03:25 AM
Which of the two has the biggest infatuation level among the fans?

Two years later, and Horn fans are still gushing over Vince Young. But Florida fans are almost psychotic over their love affair with Tebow.

Crucifax Autumn
12/16/2008, 03:34 AM
I thought they were the same guy, but one's got a doo-rag, a bong, and a suicide note while the other has a big-titty girlfriend, a bible, and heals lepers.

That said, I'd have to say Vince had the most teenage-girl fans in grown men bodies waiting for him to be looking their way when they drop the soap and Tebow has the most media scrote Tarzans hanging on like pubes hiding from a razor.

Anf that's my well=reasoned, intelligent comment on that!

Leroy Lizard
12/16/2008, 03:37 AM
Wow. You should write material for the Gator fans that post on message boards. They have run out of synonyms for "awesomest."

Crucifax Autumn
12/16/2008, 03:46 AM
They've run out of definitions for "synonym" too.

But I'll tos 'em a freebie: Golly-Gee Greatestness!

swardboy
12/16/2008, 07:03 AM
They gush over a qb with so so numbers in a weaker than usual SEC, who's scored multitudes of one yard "rushing" td's and has a gimmicky jump pass. Delusional....

olevetonahill
12/16/2008, 07:05 AM
They gush over a qb with so so numbers in a weaker than usual SEC, who's scored multitudes of one yard "rushing" td's and has a gimmicky jump pass. Delusional....

But they are the SEC. and we aint seen anything like em yet :rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
12/16/2008, 10:37 AM
Yep, the jump pass is gonna F us right up the A!

I'm askeert!

Knippz
12/16/2008, 11:08 AM
Vince Young had way more talent than Tebow. Tebow is much, much smarter and a much better person.

HiFiGator
12/16/2008, 04:34 PM
I keep reading these threads and all the stuff you guys keep saying and it's fairly obvious that you aren't trying to convince us Gator fans, but rather you are trying to convince yourselves. I think Colin Cowherd calls that the affirmation principle. Just like conservatives listening to Rush Limbaugh or liberals listening to Air America. They aren't listening for information, but rather for affirmation. You all are chiming in, in exactly the same manner.

TexasLidig8r
12/16/2008, 05:06 PM
I keep reading these threads and all the stuff you guys keep saying and it's fairly obvious that you aren't trying to convince us Gator fans, but rather you are trying to convince yourselves. I think Colin Cowherd calls that the affirmation principle. Just like conservatives listening to Rush Limbaugh or liberals listening to Air America. They aren't listening for information, but rather for affirmation. You all are chiming in, in exactly the same manner.

HiFi... some words of advice.

You need to take that post and well.. have far greater use of monosyllabic words so the denizens of this website can better understand it.

You've got to remember these are simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the New West... You know.. f'in' hillbillies.

Knippz
12/16/2008, 05:09 PM

Vince Young played QB in the NFL, and had a winning season.

Tim Tebow won't play QB in the NFL.

There's your answer there buddy.

CaliBornSoonerBred
12/16/2008, 05:28 PM
Well I guess it's time for this "f'n hillbilly" to chime in. As much as I do not like VY, the guy has bounds of pure ability. Tebow has a MUCH better head on his shoulders(didn't VY get a negative 40 on the wonderlic?that's sarcasm for those not informed) and is a more complete qb. Tebow does NOT have the tools to make it at the next level(in my humble opinion) but VY had the physical tools, just not the mental. It's apples and oranges in this argument, a case can be made for both guys. VY has the release point of someone 6-8 inches shorter than he is while Tebow is an accurate passer, he doesn't have great arm strength. VY single handedly led his team to a MNC while Tebow was in a 2 QB system to win his MNC. I will not deny the fight, will, or leadership of Tebow but that doesn't pay the bills in the league without some more physical ability.

BoomerSooner, esq.
12/16/2008, 05:28 PM
Vince could beat good teams by running side to side and creating opportunities for himself. Tebow is not the same type of rushing quarterback. He goes straight up the middle. I cant wait until he break past the first wave of linemen and sees our linebackers waiting to take him to the promised land!!!!

SoonerShark
12/16/2008, 05:34 PM
Is this a written test?

cheezyq
12/16/2008, 05:40 PM
Guys, when success only smiles at you once or twice in a lifetime, you tend to idolize those that get you there. We're just spoiled.

cheezyq
12/16/2008, 05:45 PM

Wow, Colin Cowherd is your reference point? Here we ask ourselves questions about other teams because we are an introspective group. We try to relate to other teams by looking internally, since no one else externally measures up. Pardon our curiosity, but it's difficult for us to understand the psyche of newly successful teams/fans, since we've been so successful for so long.

lexsooner
12/16/2008, 05:50 PM
Which of the two has the biggest infatuation level among the fans?

Two years later, and Horn fans are still gushing over Vince Young. But Florida fans are almost psychotic over their love affair with Tebow.

I have no idea, but I do know VY was a great college player and probably the most deserving college player who did not win the Heisman. He lost out to that pro RB Reggie Bush. Mind you, this is coming from a huge OU fan. I don't believe Tebow can totally dominate a game like VY did in college.