PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone considering attending the Cotton Bowl?

oupride
12/15/2008, 11:23 PM
Just curious.

yermom
12/15/2008, 11:28 PM
it's a little too cold to be fun :D

colinreturn
12/15/2008, 11:29 PM
I went to auburn/nebbish. It was fun. I always go up there to see if you can get cheap tickets. Always fun to be at the cotton bowl.

TXBOOMER
12/15/2008, 11:34 PM
I would go, but tech fans will probably run up the prices.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/16/2008, 09:25 AM
It is a possibility we may slide up for the game too.

CaliBornSoonerBred
12/16/2008, 09:45 AM
My g/f is a sand aggy so I am taking her to the game. Tickets are pretty much face value right now but they aren't sideline seats.. Last year we went last minute and got 2 seats on the goal line 40+ rows up for $100 from a scalper. I'll look for the rest of my fellow Sooners there so give me a big BOOOOOMEEEEEERRRRRRRRR!

TheUnnamedSooner
12/16/2008, 11:01 AM
I was considering it, but I probably won't.

Knippz
12/16/2008, 11:01 AM
My g/f is a sand aggy so I am taking her to the game. Tickets are pretty much face value right now. Last year we went last minute and got 2 seats on the goal line 40+ rows up for $100 from a scalper. I'll look for the rest of my fellow Sooners there so give me a big BOOOOOMEEEEEERRRRRRRRR!

SOOOOOOONERRRRRR!!!!!

I'll be there!

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/16/2008, 11:04 AM
My g/f is a sand aggy so I am taking her to the game. Tickets are pretty much face value right now. Last year we went last minute and got 2 seats on the goal line 40+ rows up for $100 from a scalper. I'll look for the rest of my fellow Sooners there so give me a big BOOOOOMEEEEEERRRRRRRRR!

Ah, my wife is a sand aggie...welcome to the fun that is!!

Soonerette
12/16/2008, 12:44 PM
My g/f is a sand aggy so I am taking her to the game. Tickets are pretty much face value right now but they aren't sideline seats.. Last year we went last minute and got 2 seats on the goal line 40+ rows up for $100 from a scalper. I'll look for the rest of my fellow Sooners there so give me a big BOOOOOMEEEEEERRRRRRRRR!

What a lucky lady.... TRUE! lol

Knippz
12/16/2008, 12:51 PM
What a lucky lady.... TRUE! lol

Actually, we're the ones that lucked out with her.

humblesooner
12/16/2008, 05:52 PM
After our last appearance, I probably wouldn't attend if OU was playing in it.
That is a crap bowl played at a crap time.
The Cotton Bowl should be about 8th on the B12 pecking order instead of 2nd.
Not much of a reward for a good season.

Also, I bet the players are thrilled to be there. A few days ago, I saw a list of the gifts that the players receive from the different bowls. Under the Cotton Bowl was one lone word: "Watch".

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/16/2008, 06:16 PM
A curious thread. If it was the whorns there against usuc, and I lived inside Fair Park, I guess I might think about going.

aurorasooner
12/16/2008, 08:50 PM
Anyone know of GH's hand situation? The last I read he hand 9 broken bones repaired on his left hand around the 1st of December. The Cotton Bowl is played ~ 1 month later. Just wondering if 1 month will be enough recoup time so it doesn't bother him, swelling/tenderness etc, or give him the "happy feet" and Leach has to adjust their O away from the late developing crossing routes, the deep comeback routes to Crabtree? This guys definitely a tough sucker to play the whole last half against Baylor but he didn't have to put in any practice time with that injury, either.

12/16/2008, 08:58 PM
Cotton is always a fun, cheap bowl to go to. It beats sitting home on your butt. Usually see a couple of decent teams playing on a very painted green field.

AllAboutThe'O'
12/17/2008, 12:58 AM
If the game was at Jerry World, I would have considered going. The game's prestige is going to skyrocket once it moves there next year.

But as it turns out, I found out tonight that I have to work that night, so it's all for naught. Nevertheless, I will be perched in front of the TV that afternoon rooting for Guns Up to hang 60-some odd points on the Rebels.