PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to the MNC Game?

Sooner in Tampa
12/15/2008, 06:25 PM
Can we get a sticky for who is going to Miami?

It looks like I am surfing naked without a ticket and I will try and pick one up before the game. It would be cool to try and finally meet some folks after all of these years of just posting.

sooner2b09
12/15/2008, 08:31 PM
I am hoping for a ticket from my parents for Christmas, if I don't get that then I am going to be right there with you, ticketless in Miami.

KABOOKIE
12/15/2008, 08:57 PM
Airline tickets. Check.
Rental car. Check
Hotel. Check.
Tickets. Negatory.

Hopefully will be able to find tickets there for a decent price. I cannot afford $400 per.

BoomerSooner, esq.
12/15/2008, 09:00 PM
Glad to see that I am not the only one in Miami or Bust trip without a ticket. I figure if I cant get a decently priced ticket, just being there will be well worth the trip.
Is everyone staying in the southbeach area, or elsewhere?

SteelCitySooner
12/15/2008, 09:17 PM
I've got everything reserved also but for the tickets. I just can't believe the price for these things on ebay, stub hub, etc.. highway freaking robbery!

I'm staying at the Le Meridian at Sunny Isles at Southbeach. Way looking forward to getting out of Pittsburgh for 5 days after the holidays. :D

Condescending Sooner
12/15/2008, 10:02 PM
The UPS guy just brought my tickets tonight around 6:30. This is gonna be sweet!

Ace
12/15/2008, 10:35 PM
Yeah...noob here, could someone tell me why it is called the MNC game. I'm assuming NC is national championship - what is 'M'.
Thanks

More_Cowbell
12/15/2008, 10:48 PM
I'll be there.

I booked my flight last week. I booked the hotel today. The tickets arrived today as well.

Now I need to book a tee time for Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning.

KABOOKIE
12/15/2008, 11:27 PM
Yeah...noob here, could someone tell me why it is called the MNC game. I'm assuming NC is national championship - what is 'M'.
Thanks

M is the letter after L and before N.

OUAlumni1990
12/15/2008, 11:39 PM
Thanks

is that sarcasm I detect?

Sooner-by-Marriage
12/16/2008, 12:10 AM
I'll be there, taking the wife and kids too.

Should be a blast!

Sooner in Tampa
12/16/2008, 06:47 AM
I was going to take the wife...no kids, but she has decided to stay home. So...I am rolling down with one of the fellas. He won't be going to the game, he is just going to drop me off and then we will hook up after the game. We have a hook up to crash at his pad of the night so I will have more beer money.

OU_Sooners75
12/16/2008, 06:52 AM
I am accepting donations so I can attend.

:D

If I cannot reach my goal...I sadly, will not be attending the game. But I will be at home watching and cheering for #8...that is if I cannot reach my donation goal. :D

OU_Sooners75
12/16/2008, 06:55 AM
Thanks

I'll bite!
Mythical National Championship

olevetonahill
12/16/2008, 07:03 AM
I'll bite!
Mythical National Championship

nOOb why do they Call it Mythical?:confused:

Sooner in Tampa
12/16/2008, 12:52 PM
Any watering hole suggestions for Thursday prior to the game would be much appreciated.

This is my first time to Miami/South Beach...so I am not at all familiar with the area.

AtlantaGatorLee
12/16/2008, 03:14 PM
You're bitching about a $400 national championship game ticket? Really? I paid $800 two years ago. And felt like i got a great deal. The prices for this game are cheap. Not sure why. Could be the economy, could be that OU does not travel as well as OSU. Not sure.

MojoRisen
12/16/2008, 03:58 PM
Phx is SKY HIGH compared to Miami - the collude on hotel etc for the Bowls season.

I will be heading down with Brother and Paps! I guess will be at the Holiday with Ocean view- hoping it is right there near some festivities!

I think the beer at the Orange Bowl was at least 5 or 6 $ per -

OUMallen
12/16/2008, 04:04 PM
I'll be there. Three pledge bros and I are staying at the (ho-tel, mo-tel) Holiday Inn (say whaaaaaaa?) on Miami Beach.

Tickets are cheaper for plenty of reasons, AGL. Here are two:

1. If you hadn't noticed, the economy's in the tank and money's tight for everyone and prices on everything have dropped.

2. OU and UF are each a little more used to being in the BCS title game lately...ticket prices tend to stay down a little more in that case.

MarylandSooner
12/16/2008, 04:21 PM
I have my Plane Ticket, Hotel, Rental Car and I am working on the ticket. I am watching the last time I checked 100 auctions on ebay trying to decide what to do. The ticket prices are very high right now, but I must say that when I purchased a ticket to the SUC game I paid around $100 the week before the game, in the sooners lower bowl section on the ten yard line. And that included my parking pass and tailgate party ticket.

Also, I think the reason the tickets are so high is because Florida fans can drive to the game which gives them more money to spend on ticket prices. So this could be a factor as time goes by.

KABOOKIE
12/16/2008, 04:25 PM
You're bitching about a $400 national championship game ticket? Really? I paid $800 two years ago. And felt like i got a great deal. The prices for this game are cheap. Not sure why. Could be the economy, could be that OU does not travel as well as OSU. Not sure.

Could be OU fans have to actually travel.

soonerbrat
12/16/2008, 04:46 PM
Airline tickets. Check.
Rental car. Check
Hotel. Check.
Tickets. Negatory.

Hopefully will be able to find tickets there for a decent price. I cannot afford $400 per.

what he said.

soonerbrat
12/16/2008, 04:48 PM
Well, if we all show up in Miami, ticketless, we can all go to a sportsbar and watch it together :)

bonkuba
12/16/2008, 04:49 PM
My wife, kids, RV and I will be there!!!!

BoomerSooner, esq.
12/16/2008, 05:20 PM
I am not going to pay an arm and leg for a ticket. I hope there are plenty of places to enjoy adult beverages near the stadium if many of us do not go in.

Kels
12/16/2008, 06:56 PM
Flights and rental car are booked. Tickets came last week.

My old college roommate and I are bringing the wives this time. We're staying with his abuelo near Calle Ocho in Little Havana.

EskimOU
12/16/2008, 08:22 PM
I'll be there. Going with a couple of friends who had the misfortune of going to Florida. I think our tickets are on the Fl side too, bah.

Soonerfan88
12/16/2008, 11:00 PM
Flight & Rental car booked in October -- check (I believe in Sooner Magic!)
Staying with a friend, no hotel needed -- check
Tickets - scheduled for delivery tomorrow. :D

instigator
12/16/2008, 11:04 PM
Still working out all the details, but I plan on being there.

nbhadja88
12/16/2008, 11:36 PM
I heard the game has a wet foot dry foot policy. If you can put one put down in the stadium you can stay for free...

aurorasooner
12/17/2008, 12:51 AM
Ticket prices for UF-Oklahoma national title matchup keep fallinghttp://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2008/12/16/a1a_bcstickets_1217.html
Ticket prices for UF-Oklahoma national title matchup keep falling

By ANDREW ABRAMSON

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Florida Gators, facing off for the first time against football powerhouse Oklahoma in the national championship game in Miami, should be one of the hottest tickets in the history of South Florida sports.

Instead, Gators fans and ticket brokers are stunned as prices continue to drop for the sold-out Jan. 8 BCS National Championship Game at Dolphin Stadium.

People who purchased tickets months ago in hopes of making a large profit are discovering that the recession is affecting the biggest game of the year.

And Florida fans are waiting around with a "how low can you go?" mentality.
"On one hand the people selling tickets want a ton of money for their tickets, and on the other hand people who are buying don't want to spend anything," said Todd Rubin of Todd's Tickets in Boca Raton. "The market's been consistently dropping since the teams have been announced, and it doesn't make any sense. The only thing I can make of it is the economy.

"Everyone thought once the Gators got in, it would be a big ticket. It's a very rare situation, and it's just all the people selling tickets think their tickets are worth gold, but they're really not."

While tickets are selling for much cheaper than expected, cheap is still a relative term.

Face value for most of the tickets runs from $200 to $250, while the 32,000 seats in the Florida and Oklahoma sections cost $175.
Now, the ticket prices drop every day, and Rubin expects that to continue. On Monday, the cheapest seats available on Web sites such as StubHub, eBay and Craigslist were about $400. On Tuesday, some seats had dropped to $375.

It's a stark contrast from Florida's last trip to the BCS title game. In 2007, the Gators faced Ohio State in Glendale, Ariz., and Florida fans were spending upward of $1,000 for upper-deck seats, in addition to purchasing airfare and hotel rooms.

"When the game was in Arizona, people who went out there were buying tickets for $900," said Brian Hickey, president of the Palm Beach County Gator Club. "This year, I'm shocked. In the back yard of the Gators, you would think based on ticket demand for the SEC championship game, or even regular home games, that people would do anything to get down there. The economy plays a factor, and I think it's a wait-and-see approach."
While that might seem like a good deal, there has been little demand for tickets to the Orange Bowl game between Virginia Tech and Cincinnati on Jan. 1.

Tickets are being sold for as low as $11 on StubHub.

Lee Parker, a Wellington resident and Dolphins season-ticket holder, purchased four tickets to both games through a package, spending around $2,000.

Parker wound up with club level seats. He was asking $4,000 on Craigslist for four national championship tickets but said he hasn't received any offers even close to that.

"I thought there'd be a lot of early buyers trying to secure seats," Parker said. "I'm really surprised."

Another Craigslist user said he spent $2,200 on two packages and hasn't even received a face-value offer.

Although the economy is a factor this year, Rubin believes the ticket-broker industry could be losing steam.

"The market's really dropping hard," Rubin said. "With high-definition TVs, you get play-by-play, you're in air conditioning, you can see every detail of every play, instead of spending all this money to sit in the upper level. It's not really worth it to a lot of people unless you have incredible seats. Things are changing."
"The ticket brokers have been making enough money. Now, with a downturn in the economy, hopefully we can max out that stadium with Gator fans."

soonerbrat
12/17/2008, 10:34 AM
I'll be there. Going with a couple of friends who had the misfortune of going to Florida. I think our tickets are on the Fl side too, bah.

my boyfriend's brother is a florida grad - so it's a fun family rivalry

slmoore
12/17/2008, 10:45 AM
I'll be there. Buddy of mine got tickets for face, and we're using FF miles to get down there (landing in Melbourne, FL!), so thankfully it should be a relatively cheap trip for us. Last time we went on a road game together it was Miami in 2001 & we brought back the Crystal football!

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/slmoore