PDA

View Full Version : Executive Pay - Bush admin fooled us

jkjsooner
12/15/2008, 03:43 PM
It appears the Bush administration fooled us with the economic bailout. There was a provision limiting executive pay for firms that receive bailout money, but the administration added in a single sentence that made this "apply only to firms that received bailout funds by selling troubled assets to the government in an auction."

Then, of course, Paulson did a 180 degree change and decided not to buy troubled assets with the money.

This is just plain infuriating. Maybe I'm overly skeptical but it definitely appears that Paulson made sure his Wall Street buddies were protected here.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/14/AR2008121402670.html?nav=hcmodule

BillySims
12/15/2008, 05:25 PM
BOOMER!

KC//CRIMSON
12/15/2008, 05:32 PM
SOONER!

Okla-homey
12/15/2008, 06:58 PM
It appears the Bush administration fooled us with the economic bailout. There was a provision limiting executive pay for firms that receive bailout money, but the administration added in a single sentence that made this "apply only to firms that received bailout funds by selling troubled assets to the government in an auction."

Then, of course, Paulson did a 180 degree change and decided not to buy troubled assets with the money.

This is just plain infuriating. Maybe I'm overly skeptical but it definitely appears that Paulson made sure his Wall Street buddies were protected here.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/14/AR2008121402670.html?nav=hcmodule

WTF did you expect? Paulson is ex-Bear-Stearns ain't he? Isn't that a little like putting the monkey in charge of the bananas? Or OlVet in charge of the liquor store?;)

StoopTroup
12/15/2008, 07:53 PM
Or OlVet in charge of the liquor store?;)

Heh.

SPEK

Jerk
12/15/2008, 08:16 PM
I guess the Democrats didn't read the bill when they ran it through Congress.

The incompetence is all around.

StoopTroup
12/15/2008, 08:40 PM
Yeah....GW probably thought...what the hell...Why should I look at anything now...I've been OK for over seven years without reading anything. Surely they'll call me out.

bluedogok
12/15/2008, 10:06 PM
WTF did you expect? Paulson is ex-Bear-Stearns ain't he? Isn't that a little like putting the monkey in charge of the bananas? Or OlVet in charge of the liquor store?;)
He started at Goldman Sachs in 1974 and rose to be the CEO before being appointed Treasury Secretary....so he is all about protecting his own.

tbl
12/16/2008, 05:18 PM
BOOMER!

I'm becoming quite fond of the new Billy Sims "Boomer" hijacks... Greatness.

sooner n houston
12/16/2008, 05:49 PM

I thought congress wrote legislation??? How did the admin do this?

StoopTroup
12/16/2008, 06:22 PM
I think President Bush may need Dr. Scholls to help him. ;)

VFX-dKpcDz8

Jerk
12/16/2008, 07:03 PM
I think President Bush may need Dr. Scholls to help him. ;)

VFX-dKpcDz8

What do you think would have happened to a reporter who did that to Saddam Hussein?

Woodchipper, feet first. That's what.