PDA

View Full Version : Why get over it? - Tebow

oupride
12/15/2008, 12:28 PM
"Why get over it?," Tebow said. "Why get over it? It's motivation, just like Ole Miss."
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/article937328.ece

meoveryouxinfinity
12/15/2008, 12:31 PM
LMAO, so wait, he has a chip on his should because he didn't win his second Heisman?

Get over yourself. This kid is so self-righteous!

sooner94
12/15/2008, 12:39 PM
Yeah, based on what I hear about this guy, and the more I hear him talk about himself, sounds like he has a giant ego.

Anyone see the clip from the Bama game when he runs down the sideline into the special teams huddle to get them fired up. Notice how the special teams players gave him a look that said "Get the **** out of here!"

I admire his passion for the game and the things he does off the field, but he definitely makes sure he is the center of attention.

Now he gets a chance to play against a Big 12 defense.

boomermagic
12/15/2008, 12:44 PM
We are gonna kick florida's ***...

The Maestro
12/15/2008, 12:45 PM
I thought it was just an honor to be there? He said that about 50 times...before Sam won it.

yermom
12/15/2008, 01:44 PM
seriously, you think he's going to say "well, better luck next year"

PalmBeachSooner
12/15/2008, 01:53 PM
seriously, you think he's going to say "well, better luck next year"

He may have gotten the most 1st place votes but he also got the majority of 3rd place votes...and no votes. It just shows that nobody outside of the South was all that impressed with Timmie. Although, they are claiming an anti-Gator bias. OMG! The Gators think the rest of the country and media have it out for them.

Hmmm, sounds a lot like this board.

Sooner in Tampa
12/15/2008, 02:04 PM
We would be saying the exact same thing if Sam had been shunned and Tebow won.

Partial Qualifier
12/15/2008, 02:09 PM
The BCS title game could be Tebow's final appearance as a college player. He shied away from all questions about his future, except to say this about the Heisman results:

"It could be motivation for me to come back and tie Archie Griffin," he said, referring to the Ohio State running back who won twice in 1974 and 1975. "I don't know."

Come back from what? Your 2nd-or-3rd round draft position??

I wonder what his coach thinks about A) the fact that he would place so much emphasis on an individual award, and B) the fact that he would acknowledge that emphasis out loud to a reporter?

SoonerLB
12/15/2008, 02:20 PM
Florida would not have a football team without Tim Tebow, and if you don't believe that, just ask him.

Sooner_Bob
12/15/2008, 02:21 PM
Has anyone read anything from some of the other students who also went out to save the world with Tebow?

I wonder how he really acted on those mission trips.

I'm not knockin' what the kid has done at all. It takes a special person to do mission work of any kind regardless of the location.

cheezyq
12/15/2008, 03:20 PM
My favorite difference between Tebow and Bradford is how differently they motivate their players, especially in public. Every word out of Bradford's mouth is related to his "great offensive line, great running backs and running game, the balance of his team, the coaches, the wide receivers, etc." The ONLY time that I can remember Tebow talking about his teammates was in his famous diatribe after the Ole Miss loss, "I will motivate this team, I will get on my team when we are down, I will lead this team to a win...etc."

If you're a player, who would you play harder for?

starclassic tama
12/15/2008, 03:24 PM
Has anyone read anything from some of the other students who also went out to save the world with Tebow?

I wonder how he really acted on those mission trips.

I'm not knockin' what the kid has done at all. It takes a special person to do mission work of any kind regardless of the location.

not really. he would be arrested for practicing medical procedures with no license or training in the states.