PDA

View Full Version : Bush Assaulted by Shoe

SicEmBaylor
12/14/2008, 04:15 PM
This is pretty amusing. I'm impressed by his reflexes, but the Secret Service seems a little slow on the draw. The guy got not one but TWO shoes off before the Secret Service took him down. Perhaps they were unwilling to take a show for a lame duck President?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttwpFIulpMM

DrZaius
12/14/2008, 04:19 PM
That sounds fair since Bush has completely assaulted my sense of being a proud American for eight years.

SicEmBaylor
12/14/2008, 04:21 PM
That sounds fair since Bush has completely assaulted my sense of being a proud American for eight years.

Bush has made you less proud to be an American? I don't like his Presidency because he isn't a legitimate conservative, but I certainly wouldn't say he's made me less proud to be an American.

Good grief.

BudSooner
12/14/2008, 04:23 PM
By the title of this thread I was hoping they arrested that dastardly shoe, and put it in jail for awhile.

Shoebox?

SicEmBaylor
12/14/2008, 04:25 PM
By the title of this thread I was hoping they arrested that dastardly shoe, and put it in jail for awhile.

Shoebox?

The shoe was allowed to walk free.

KC//CRIMSON
12/14/2008, 04:43 PM
Wow, I never knew David Earl was so accurate. Give that man a scholarship!

King Crimson
12/14/2008, 04:43 PM
Bush has made you less proud to be an American? I don't like his Presidency because he isn't a legitimate conservative, but I certainly wouldn't say he's made me less proud to be an American.

Good grief.

i would say open abuse of the public trust is a reason to feel less proud.

more so than the new wanking of "true conservatism" philosophes. the recourse to lofty principles and "true Reagan conservatism" we heard none of which until it started going south in Iraq.

Jerk
12/14/2008, 04:57 PM
Throwing a shoe at Bush: Good.

Calling Barack by his full name: Racist.

royalfan5
12/14/2008, 05:00 PM
That really hurt! I'm gonna have a lump there, you idiot! Who throws a shoe? Honestly! You fight like a woman!

soonerinabilene
12/14/2008, 05:19 PM
What I find weird is that guy isn't getting killed for doing that... the reason: Saddam is not in power, and guess who made that happen?, the guy that reporter was throwing a shoe at.

heh.

LosAngelesSooner
12/14/2008, 05:30 PM
As much as I hate GWB, I have to give him serious "bullet time" props.

You go, Neo. Dodge those nasty size nines.

This was the most amazing photo of the secret service agent who was stationed in front of the podium...
http://onemoreoption.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/2-trinity-help-bullet-time-dodge-this-1.jpg

King Crimson
12/14/2008, 05:34 PM
just imagine the let's nuke them into a glass parking lot outrage if this was 2003.

but, all the Elephants became political theorists in the mean time....and dumped old W for nostalgia and MTV memories of cruising Shields Blvd in jean shorts listening to the Outfield, reading Edmund Burke, and all of foreign policy being a subset of the Cold War.

h_bmOp2UWOc

let me cut off the "I like my girls a little bit older" poster now.

SicEmBaylor
12/14/2008, 05:39 PM
just imagine the let's nuke them into a glass parking lot outrage if this was 2003.

but, all the Elephants became political theorists in the mean time....and dumped old W for nostalgia and MTV memories of cruising Shields Blvd in jean shorts listening to the Outfield and all of foreign policy being a subset of the Cold War.

I sense that you're struggling to make a point.

King Crimson
12/14/2008, 05:43 PM
I sense that you're struggling to make a point.

don't flatter yourself, i have a very specific demographic in mind.

proud gonzo
12/14/2008, 05:54 PM
nice stripey ties, secret service.

Jerk
12/14/2008, 05:56 PM
As much as I hate GWB, I have to give him serious "bullet time" props.

You go, Neo. Dodge those nasty size nines.

He dodged those shoes like a mother*****ing ninja, didn't he?

He has skillz

King Crimson
12/14/2008, 06:13 PM
He dodged those shoes like a mother*****ing ninja, didn't he?

He has skillz

pretty spry. for shoes.

S008NER
12/14/2008, 06:20 PM
The reporter was taken away.....

:gary:

Perhaps those shoes will be placed where they won't be lost.

yermom
12/14/2008, 06:26 PM
someone's going to Gitmo...

BudSooner
12/14/2008, 06:35 PM
someone's going to Gitmo...

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/ATA/7539M%7EThe-Three-Stooges-Moe-Posters.jpg:D

OklahomaTuba
12/14/2008, 09:36 PM

You truly have no life, do you? :rolleyes:

OklahomaTuba
12/14/2008, 09:37 PM
Apparently the man (not Iraqi, but Egyptian) and his family were arrested, his wife raped in front of him and then the entire family was thrown screaming into a wood chipper.

Oh, sorry, that's what would have happened if this brave "Iraqi" patriot had tried this during Saddam's reign.

1890MilesToNorman
12/14/2008, 10:03 PM
Them Iraqi's must be rolling in the money if they can afford a new pair of shoes and fight off serious legal issues from assaulting the US president.

VeeJay
12/14/2008, 10:13 PM
I think Bush got off easy. Some of the Koran toters just lop off the heads of the infidels.

SoonerFrog
12/15/2008, 12:14 AM
I have heard a theory going around that there was a second shoeter.

Collier11
12/15/2008, 12:20 AM

so what you are saying is that you look in the mirror and dont like what you see :rolleyes:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/15/2008, 12:30 AM

but, all the Elephants became political theorists in the mean time....and dumped old W for nostalgia and MTV memories of cruising Shields Blvd in jean shorts listening to the Outfield, reading Edmund Burke, and all of foreign policy being a subset of the Cold War.

h_bmOp2UWOc

let me cut off the "I like my girls a little bit older" poster now.Where did your parents go wrong?

King Crimson
12/15/2008, 01:08 AM
below

King Crimson
12/15/2008, 01:14 AM
Where did your parents go wrong?

you can insult me if you want, but not my mom and dad.

my dad was an army ranger (and his Dad has a Purple Heart and an Air Corps Medal of Honor). my mom is a social worker for abused women in the OKC area.

take your small world and go home.

King Crimson
12/15/2008, 01:20 AM
you are on line Favor, let's see it.

let's keep up your "drive by" position....on my parents

12/15/2008, 01:26 AM
I think your politics are silly, and I asked how that came to be. I am impressed by what you said about your parents, and am equally surprised by how upset you became with my comment.

King Crimson
12/15/2008, 01:33 AM
you think the Fairness Doctrine will end free speech, who's "silly"?

and i've explained a dozen times why the FD won't happen...but Rush still makes you puppet post.

and i never insulted your family one time.

12/15/2008, 01:42 AM
I did not intend to insult your family. Who said anything about the Fairness Doctrine, anyway?

King Crimson
12/15/2008, 01:53 AM
I did not intend to insult your family. Who said anything about the Fairness Doctrine, anyway?

well, you did insult my parents....with the implication that they failed in producing a (in your mind) a "liberal" like me.

that's on the board.

the Fairness Doctrine is the quintessence of Limbaugh paranoia and therefore "silly". i've told you a dozen time how the FD will not stand in court.

King Crimson
12/15/2008, 02:00 AM
Favor is a moron and he did insult my parents but i don't think he deserves a mod punishment for it.

12/15/2008, 02:03 AM
well, you did insult my parents....with the implication that they failed in producing a (in your mind) a "liberal" like me.

that's on the board.

the Fairness Doctrine is the quintessence of Limbaugh paranoia and therefore "silly". i've told you a dozen time how the FD will not stand in court.There are lots of ways someone can "develop" into a liberal. I don't know diddly about your parents, or much about you. In short, I didn't intend my comment as an insult to your parents. I'm sorry you took it so personally.

The Fairness Doctrine itself may not be implemented as it used to be. There will be other avenues that might be pursued to undermine the present structure of talk radio.

Echoes
12/15/2008, 02:05 AM
I have heard a theory going around that there was a second shoeter.

Am I the only one who found this so incredibly funny he fell out of his chair?

King Crimson
12/15/2008, 02:10 AM
There are lots of ways someone can "develop" into a liberal.

there are a lot of ways someone can "develop" into a person who gets all his opinions from a radio personality and calls other people undue influenced by "the media" or the "MSM".

The Fairness Doctrine itself may not be implemented as it used to be. There will be other avenues that might be pursued to undermine the present structure of talk radio.

please. i'm not even going to explain it to you again.

SoonerBorn68
12/15/2008, 04:51 AM
OMG, after King Crimson goes off on a tirade about thunder & his family a while back he has the gall to call out RLIMC on being offended by a comment questioning his parents' judgement.

Priceless. :)

Poor wittle kc got his feelers hurt.

King Crimson
12/15/2008, 06:31 AM
you'll have to show me where i said anything about thunder's family....let alone "tirade". outside the fact that we was pretending to be someone else after being banned, i have nothing against thunder and since he's a golf poster.....i think he'd agree.

funny how, however inaccurate, wittle 68 hangs in the weeds but pops out defend his AM radio board heroes.

King Crimson
12/15/2008, 06:39 AM
OMG, after King Crimson goes off on a tirade about thunder & his family a while back he has the gall to call out RLIMC on being offended by a comment questioning his parents' judgement.

and while your "style" of chastisement is typical chest-thumping, Bill Favor and I have a long history of disagreement....and we do OK with it. You, my friend, have nothing to do with it.

when you become insightful enough to respond to, i might remember who you are.

LosAngelesSooner
12/15/2008, 06:51 AM
There are lots of ways someone can "develop" into a liberal. I don't know diddly about your parents, or much about you. In short, I didn't intend my comment as an insult to your parents. I'm sorry you took it so personally.

The Fairness Doctrine itself may not be implemented as it used to be. There will be other avenues that might be pursued to undermine the present structure of talk radio.You DO realize that being called a "liberal" is no more an insult than being called a "conservative" is a compliment, don't you?

King Crimson
12/15/2008, 07:15 AM
so, 68, you've been online for about half an hour now and i've yet to see this famous "tirade" against OUThunder's family you've spoken about.....of which apparently I'm the author. maybe you should just STFU.

i know you've read this thread in those 30 minutes.

Collier11
12/15/2008, 10:31 AM
duck!

12/15/2008, 11:09 AM
Favor is a moron and he did insult my parents but i don't think he deserves a mod punishment for it.Did you receive a mod punishment, too, for calling me a moron?

King Crimson
12/15/2008, 11:26 AM
Did you receive a mod punishment, too, for calling me a moron?

no, but you make a fair point. but, like i say earlier, calling me something and my parents something are different issues.

Sooner_Bob
12/15/2008, 11:35 AM
It's just the internets!

Hot Rod
12/15/2008, 11:58 AM
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5D5oKEVqQJg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5D5oKEVqQJg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

shaun4411
12/15/2008, 12:00 PM
fairness doctrine is bad! bad I say!

C&CDean
12/15/2008, 12:23 PM
I think a whole lot of you mother****ers have parents that did it all wrong.

C&CDean
12/15/2008, 12:25 PM
And on topic, the SS was remiss by not popping a cap in Achmed's swarthy forehead.

KC//CRIMSON
12/15/2008, 12:42 PM

That was me, you dyslexic dolt. I was the one who firebombed Mr. and Mrs. Pezhead.

Now you can make your apology to the appropriate party involved.