PDA

View Full Version : Mack whinning syndrome has spread to Florida

Flagstaffsooner
12/14/2008, 11:35 AM
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/dec/14/some-heisman-voters-just-hate-gators-says-third-pl/

Please vaccinate your kids now!

adoniijahsooner
12/14/2008, 11:58 AM
True colors?

Harry Beanbag
12/14/2008, 12:03 PM
Tebow, however, also received the most third-place votes, and, here's the tell-tale explanation, 154 voters left the Florida quarterback (http://www2.tbo.com/topic/k/florida-quarterback/) off their ballots.

Tebow finished 151 points behind the winner. That means had the 154 voters ranked him at least third, Tebow would have won by three points.

I get so tired of lazy and/or incomplete reporting with the intent of pushing an agenda. It's everywhere these days. 93 voters left Sam off their ballots, do the math on that Mick Elliot.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/14/2008, 12:04 PM
Perhaps a lot of voters hadn't seen much of Tebow on tv this yr, but noticed his stats were far off last's year's Heisman-winning season. If so, Harrell or Crabtree would be an easy top 3 vote.

stoopified
12/14/2008, 12:08 PM
I think the Southwest likely had various combinations of Bradford,Harrrell,McCoy,and Crabtree.Beware of Gator tears.

GG84
12/14/2008, 12:10 PM
No whining here. I'd have liked to see Timmy win it, but Bradford was definitely deserving.

CatfishSooner
12/14/2008, 12:33 PM
timmy sucks

stoopified
12/14/2008, 12:37 PM
I made the following commenton the Tribune website comment board:

You DO realize there were more than 3 Heisman candidates,right?Some of those guys got votes too.If it makes you feel better Sam was left off 94 ballots himself.There is a reason there is only 1(2)time winner,your stats have to be as good or better to win #2,Tebow's weren't.
stoopified -Oklahoma

Jacie
12/14/2008, 01:18 PM
I made the following commenton the Tribune website comment board:

There is a reason there is only 1(2)time winner,your stats have to be as good or better to win #2,Tebow's weren't.
stoopified -Oklahoma

And the one of those should have gone to Little Joe . . .

HungaryGator
12/14/2008, 01:28 PM
I have absolutely no problem with Sam Bradford winning it. He was certainly a deserving candidate. Now let him deal with the rubber chicken circuit for the next few weeks. I note that the last time we played a Heisman Trophy winning QB in the MNC game, things worked out pretty well for us. :)

85sooners
12/14/2008, 02:17 PM
I have absolutely no problem with Sam Bradford winning it. He was certainly a deserving candidate. Now let him deal with the rubber chicken circuit for the next few weeks. I note that the last time we played a Heisman Trophy winning QB in the MNC game, things worked out pretty well for us. :):pop: well see:pop:

gatorsownu2
12/14/2008, 02:34 PM
:pop: well see:pop:

Yeah we will:D

pweitkem
12/14/2008, 02:53 PM
nuh-uh, we will. But the chick in your avatar is smokin'.

GrapevineSooner
12/14/2008, 03:14 PM
Dear God, I hate it when our fans go myopic.

If it had been Sam Bradford who got 309 votes but finished a distant third behind Colt and Tim, there'd be a thread about 30 pages long to bitch about it.

And you'd have a legitimate right to complain.

Afterall, weren't we blasting some writer in Detroit who said he was going to leave Sam off his ballot in retaliation for how the Big 12 South champ was determined?

sooner518
12/14/2008, 03:19 PM
good grief, it appears Tebow is the one who is whining and pissed off about this. If all those voters just "hate Florida", why did he win last year?????

This makes me really lose some respect for Tebow. I dont see Colt bitching about this. I really hope we beat the hell out of these bastages now

fadada1
12/14/2008, 03:31 PM
i'm sorry, but i just had to look at orangepower and hornfans (haven't been on the gator sites). listen up you orange *******s, OU didn't cheat the system... the system cheated you. we're really sorry. stop with the whole 45-35 ****. you just look sad. how quickly you forget about losing a game. we didn't forget our loss (how could we with all the reminders), but as soon as we re-inform you of your own loss, we get "45-35" in response.

as for you, asshats from stillwater. **** off!!! don't hate OU because we got ANOTHER heisman. do something about it and 1- beat us more than twice in two decades, or 2 - get better. $165 million and you still suck.

back to you a-holes from austin... colt didn't get robbed of "his" heisman. to be honest, he deserved it... so did sam. blame the BCS for colt not getting his heisman. yup, he probably would've won it..... had you beat tech. but you didn't. again, things just happened to work in our favor. take pride in your boy colt for acting like a man and being gracious - maybe some of you could learn a thing or 2. and btw, get over the whole "OU ran up the score" thing. i've seen some pretty interesting stats that say otherwise. mizzou deserved to get thrown on in late in the 4th.

tech is the only team with an arguement. maybe they should be in the fiesta bowl and maybe their QB should've made the trip to NYC.

i'm a UF grad along with OU, and tebow can **** off for whining. think i'm looking through orange and blue colored glasses???? stop whining and move on!!!

Partial Qualifier
12/14/2008, 03:55 PM
If it had been Sam Bradford who got 309 votes but finished a distant third behind Colt and Tim, there'd be a thread about 30 pages long to bitch about it.

The difference is this: Tim Tebow is the one sounding whiney.. not a bunch of message board geeks.

Maybe the quotes are taken out of context, but it sounds like Tebow's justifying why he didn't get a 2nd Heisman trophy. Like he was entitled to it, and those mean Gator-hating voters took it away from him.

I can't wait to watch him get bitchslapped by Travis Lewis & Co. :pop:

Circle City Gator
12/14/2008, 04:24 PM
This is absurd. Tebow did not whine. Meyer did not whine. A sports columnist in Tampa wrote EXACTLY the same thing a columnist in Norman would have written had McCoy or Tebow won. If that makes you "lose respect" for Tebow, you are a very silly, and quite frankly simple-minded, person.

Dan Thompson
12/14/2008, 04:45 PM
Florida seems to have problems when it comes to voting.

badger
12/14/2008, 04:59 PM
Let's just issue everyone a trophy for participating in the little New York City extravagant event to make everyone happy.

stoopified
12/14/2008, 05:13 PM
This is absurd. Tebow did not whine. Meyer did not whine. A sports columnist in Tampa wrote EXACTLY the same thing a columnist in Norman would have written had McCoy or Tebow won. If that makes you "lose respect" for Tebow, you are a very silly, and quite frankly simple-minded, person.
So you ARE saying the reporter is lying and Tebow did not make the crybaby comments attributed to him?

sooner518
12/14/2008, 05:43 PM
"I do think it shows that either they love us or they hate us – Gator Nation,'' Tebow said.
Tebow, an obviously fake smile glued to his face, said all the polite things, but was obviously riled by the results.

I think it shows that 154 voters didnt think you were one of the top 3 players in the country.

I hope he doubles his year interception total in our game. I feel like he would start throwing a temper tantrum on the sidelines if they have a couple turnovers.

I wonder how Tebow voted....:pop:

delhalew
12/14/2008, 06:22 PM
Why should anyone put Tebow on there ballot? He had a Heisman season last year...this year he did not. Unless you either belly up to the SEC tit, or enjoy letting ESPN tell you what to think I see no reason to vote for Tebow.

After hearing nothing but how Tebowness is next to Godliness for over a month Im gonna enjoy his tantrams he will no doubt throw when that "weak" Sooner D gets ahold of his @ss.

PalmBeachSooner
12/14/2008, 07:04 PM
I have absolutely no problem with Sam Bradford winning it. He was certainly a deserving candidate. Now let him deal with the rubber chicken circuit for the next few weeks. I note that the last time we played a Heisman Trophy winning QB in the MNC game, things worked out pretty well for us. :)

I'm not sure who that was, but I do remember Eric Crouch and Nebraska taking the Gators behind the woodshed.

ZookSucks
12/14/2008, 07:21 PM
doesn't sound like whining to me. sounds like tbo trying to stir up controversy where there is none.

from fox sports:

Despite earning nine more first-place votes than the winner, there were no signs of resentment or sour grapes coming from the Florida quarterback, "If you lose, you lose, you know? Sam deserves this."

On the anomaly that saw him completely left off a few ballots, Tebow laughed, "You either love us or you hate us. That's Gator Nation."

He then quickly directed the conversation back to Bradford, offering his congratulations and expressing his respect.

oupride
12/14/2008, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the post.

wishbonesooner
12/14/2008, 08:47 PM
Sam can make throws Tebow could only dream of. Tebow is a great athlete and leader, but Sam is a better QB. He can make pinpoint throws time after time after time.

DenverSooner751
12/14/2008, 10:43 PM
I think it shows that 154 voters didnt think you were one of the top 3 players in the country.

I hope he doubles his year interception total in our game. I feel like he would start throwing a temper tantrum on the sidelines if they have a couple turnovers.

I wonder how Tebow voted....:pop:

OMG, are you......are you implying that 154 disagreed with the all knowing talking heads from ESPN?

There should be a recount!

I love it "154 people purposfully left Tebow off the ballot" well they sure as hell did not vote that way on accident.....idiots.

Please understand, my "idiots" reference is aimed at the asshats from the Gameday crew, not Gator fans, thought it would appear some of them have already bought into the conspiracy theory.

HungaryGator
12/14/2008, 10:56 PM
I'm not sure who that was, but I do remember Eric Crouch and Nebraska taking the Gators behind the woodshed.

It was Troy Smith of Ohio State.

You remember Eric Crouch of Nebraska taking the Gators behind the Woodshed? Really? I don't remember that. I don't remember ever playing a game against Nebraska when he was their QB. I think you meant Tommie Frazier. That was 1995. I also remember the Gators winning a MNC the very next year. I also remember OU losing a MNC game to LSU in 03 and getting taken behind the woodshed by U$C in 04's MNC game, along with beating fsu in the 00 MNC game (something for which we in the Gatornation are enternally thankful).

Ban One Sooner
12/14/2008, 11:14 PM

He's referring to Troy Smith. Scott Frost was the NU qb that led the blowout against UF, which led to Spurrier hiring one Bobby Stoops as defensive coordinator away from Kansas State.

Ban One Sooner
12/14/2008, 11:23 PM
Sam can make throws Tebow could only dream of. Tebow is a great athlete and leader, but Sam is a better QB. He can make pinpoint throws time after time after time.

I'm not sold at all on Tebow being a great leader or inspiring people. He's on a good team that's well coached, a lot of talent and they win most of their games. Hard to make those claims about a 20 something year old until they face some adversity. I remember how inspirational Vince Young was supposed to be a few years ago, but how's he doing now in Tennessee? His lack of maturity (from being spoiled so many years) and incapability of dealing with adversity has brought him to the doorstep of being out of Tennesse and a couple of steps away from being out of the NFL. Tebow's arrogant (which the talking heads of ESPN mistake for passion), arrogance doesn't inspire or equate to leadership.

TheNadBomber
12/14/2008, 11:56 PM
This kind of fires me up! I mean say what you will, but who needs multiple Heisman's? If you got one already, you shouldn't care if you ever win one again. Because, guess what, you made it already! To me, multiple Heisman's don't mean squat. Fer one thing, it's already happened once! And if you are a true humble person, why does it matter? It sounds like he is trying to parlay this "snubbing" into motivation for the Nat'l Championship, but it sounds silly and sophomoric.

I couldn't help but think about how, when asked in 2004 who he was voting for, Jason White without hesitation responded "Adrian Peterson." Contrast this with Teblow's response, "I don't hafta tell you!" translation: 1)Timmy. I know, I know, the guy can vote for who he wants to, but he needs to shut it and worry about preparing for the only trophy that truly matters. I know Sammy will.

Knippz
12/15/2008, 12:58 AM
Who cares?!! This is way blown out of proportion and shouldn't even be talked about anymore. Sammy won it, and rightfully so. Timmy will have his chance to prove himself (which I personally believe he won't). It all comes down to the big game, and we'll see what happens. Leave the guy alone. He's a really, really good guy. It's hard not to have a Tebowner outside the Big 12.

Leroy Lizard
12/15/2008, 03:26 AM
Scott Frost was the NU qb that led the blowout against UF,

I wish some of you would get your facts straight. That was Steve Taylor who helped Nebraska blow out Florida. I remember that one play as clear as a bell. Taylor must have broke eight tackles on a way to a touchdown. I remember telling my dad, "That Steve Taylor sure reminds me of another great player, Fred Taylor." And then the announcer, Bill Fleming, called out "Steve Taylor has just made the greatest play in college football history!" I agree. Tremendous player.

SoonerBorn68
12/15/2008, 04:32 AM
...and getting taken behind the woodshed by U$C in 04's MNC game...

Um, I have no idea what you're talking about. That game never happened--at least that's what I keep telling myself. :D

beer4me
12/15/2008, 09:15 AM
Tampa Bay Online TBO (Tebow) OMG does it never stop.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/15/2008, 09:48 AM
Who cares?!! This is way blown out of proportion and shouldn't even be talked about anymore.

Agreed, listening to the personal profiles they all seem to be fine upstanding citizens, worship God, have a purpose or plan for life and people you would like your daughter to bring home (except maybe Tebow and that internet party pic ;) ). Good living and strong parental involvement go a long ways.

stoopified
12/15/2008, 12:24 PM
True colors?
Crying blue,whiny orange?

boomermagic
12/15/2008, 12:35 PM
I think tebow is a cry baby and reminds me of booger eater at Mo.. Just wait and see, The whole damn fan base of gators will be whining after we whip their whinny *** next month..

CarolinaSoonerFan
12/15/2008, 12:59 PM
And the one of those should have gone to Little Joe . . .

Amen

Widescreen
12/15/2008, 01:43 PM
I wish some of you would get your facts straight. That was Steve Taylor who helped Nebraska blow out Florida. I remember that one play as clear as a bell. Taylor must have broke eight tackles on a way to a touchdown. I remember telling my dad, "That Steve Taylor sure reminds me of another great player, Fred Taylor." And then the announcer, Bill Fleming, called out "Steve Taylor has just made the greatest play in college football history!" I agree. Tremendous player.
Taylor must've been wearing a Tommie Frazier jersey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VojVTyYWGds

OUDoc
12/15/2008, 02:07 PM
Taylor must've been wearing a Tommie Frazier jersey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VojVTyYWGds

Those Nebraska players couldn't read, so it's possible. ;)

Harry Beanbag
12/15/2008, 05:28 PM

You guys are smoking crack. I remember that game like it was yesterday and Turner Gill kicked the **** out of the Gators that day.