PDA

View Full Version : Sooners 5,Longhorns 2

Toronto Sooner
12/14/2008, 03:57 AM
Heisman wins:

Sooners = 5
Whiners = 2

Even on Sam's great night, it's amazing how the ESPN members are still stuck on the idea that Texas (and Colt McCoy) got cheated. On ESPN.com there is a video of Herbie, Corso and the other idiot trying to analyze the Heismen results. They said that Colt was leading the Heisman race going into the conference championship weekend. They said that Colt didn't get the same opportunities like Sam and Tebow. Essentially, they were hinting yet again about Texas being cheated. Goodness, these people never take a break, even on Sam's great night.

In the end, Sam and the MIGHTY SOONERS get the last laugh. They can't say anything to take our 5th Heisman away.

Soon, THE MAGIC # WILL BE 8, as in 8 National Championship titles. And, there is nothing ESPN or Mack Brown could do about it.

Party on Sooners! :cool:

Blues1
12/14/2008, 04:07 AM
Amen & Amen...!!!

Crucifax Autumn
12/14/2008, 04:10 AM
yep, that other score's gonna be 8-4 soon.

sendbaht
12/14/2008, 04:15 AM
They were specking some true, good I say, good for us, to bad for them.
So what to ESPN and glad it all happend the way it did.:))

As far as I am concerned if it happened again next year so be it. But I rather beat the horns but still.

Leroy Lizard
12/14/2008, 05:41 AM
They said that Colt didn't get the same opportunities like Sam and Tebow.

Sure he did. His defense squandered it in Lubbock.

SOONERxWife73
12/14/2008, 09:13 AM
john kincade on espn this morning said 154 sw region voters left tebow off their ballots totally, thus swinging the vote to sam. bs. i am so tired of espn trying to take the luster off everthing we do. i hope all their children are born with webbed feet. congrats sam, job well done. and...go sooners, number 8 is on the horizon.

WestAustinSooner
12/14/2008, 09:54 AM
That makes 1 Heisman winner for the longhorns from texas (Campbell).

Four Heisman winners for the Sooners from little 'ol Oklahoma!

AlbqSooner
12/14/2008, 10:00 AM
That makes 1 Heisman winner for the longhorns from texas (Campbell).

Four Heisman winners for the Sooners from little 'ol Oklahoma!

Like many people you have forgotten Ricky "da bong" Williams. OU has 5 Heisman winners. 4 living.

Wait, you mean 4 who grew up in Oklahoma. nm

DenverSooner751
12/14/2008, 11:50 AM
Like many people you have forgotten Ricky "da bong" Williams. OU has 5 Heisman winners. 4 living.

Exactly, and all of that whorn talk about how our best players come from Texas and we are nothing with out Texas.

While I agree, we get MANY excellent players recruited from the state of Texas, it's interesting the number of Oklahoma raised talent, two in the past 5 years that won Heismans..........

zakmelons
12/14/2008, 11:59 AM
Funny quote from Stoops in NY paper..........“There weren’t a whole bunch of people recruiting him,” Stoops said of Bradford, who was considered a three-star prospect. “So much for those guys giving out the stars.”

OUAlumni1990
12/14/2008, 12:01 PM
john kincade on espn this morning said 154 sw region voters left tebow off their ballots totally, thus swinging the vote to sam. bs. i am so tired of espn trying to take the luster off everthing we do. i hope all their children are born with webbed feet. congrats sam, job well done. and...go sooners, number 8 is on the horizon.

I am sick and tired of the media and espn so much I don't even listen anymore. No matter what we do, there are going to be whiners and haters. Sam DESERVED that heisman, period, end of story. ESPN can kiss my ****

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/14/2008, 12:08 PM
Heisman wins:

Sooners = 5
Whiners = 2

Even on Sam's great night, it's amazing how the ESPN members are still stuck on the idea that Texas (and Colt McCoy) got cheated. On ESPN.com there is a video of Herbie, Corso and the other idiot trying to analyze the Heismen results. They said that Colt was leading the Heisman race going into the conference championship weekend. They said that Colt didn't get the same opportunities like Sam and Tebow. Essentially, they were hinting yet again about Texas being cheated. Goodness, these people never take a break, even on Sam's great night.

In the end, Sam and the MIGHTY SOONERS get the last laugh. They can't say anything to take our 5th Heisman away.

Soon, THE MAGIC # WILL BE 8, as in 8 National Championship titles. And, there is nothing ESPN or Mack Brown could do about it.

Party on Sooners! :cool:We simply MUST win the NC for the whorns, just to appease ESPeNis.

Flagstaffsooner
12/14/2008, 12:19 PM
We simply MUST win the NC for the whorns, just to appease ESPeNis.Slap reptile snot right and left.

bluedogok
12/14/2008, 12:32 PM

Ricky was from California, so Texas has one home grown Heisman winner in Earl. Billy Sims was the only out-of-state OU Heisman winner.

JLEW1818
12/14/2008, 12:35 PM
Vince Young won a Heisman,,,, DERRRR;)

or he should have won one, bush cheated, so Vince basically won one. der.

Jacie
12/14/2008, 12:59 PM
I expect all of you noticed this but I will post it here anyway.

Of the 26 previous winners present at the award ceremony, Oklahoma was represented by all three (Owens, Sims and White) and Florida by two of three (Wuerffel and Tebow, of course) but neither of UT's winners showed up to support Colt. I can forgive Earl as I understand he doesn't get around too well but where was Bong Boy?

Another thought that occurred to me just before the winner was announced, the DAC guy who was giving a speech noted four criteria that every Heisman recipient should exhibit. I thought of a recent winner from UT who met at most three of those and wondered when he will return his statue.

Snrborn
12/14/2008, 01:07 PM
Nobody currently in the NFL was at the ceremony. Ricky Wiliams has a job to do, and the Dolphins play San Fran, so him being in New York really wasn't an option.

OK2LA
12/14/2008, 01:25 PM
Nobody currently in the NFL was at the ceremony. Ricky Wiliams has a job to do, and the Dolphins play San Fran, so him being in New York really wasn't an option.

Why should we let facts get in the way of a good opportunity to bash some texans?

Jacie
12/14/2008, 01:46 PM
Why should we let facts get in the way of a good opportunity to bash some texans?

I am so ashamed . . .

bluedogok
12/14/2008, 02:23 PM
If Spurrier wasn't at USCar and a Florida guy wasn't up for the award he might have been there, his relationship with Florida seems a bit acrimonious at the current time. But I think the only time that I ever remember seeing him there was when one of his players were up for the award. If an OSU guy would have been up for one Sanders might show, but who knows with him.

Charla
12/14/2008, 06:47 PM
Somebody said they saw Ricky at Mcdonalds. I figure he had the munchies.

hgarmorer
12/14/2008, 06:59 PM
Alright look damn it...Lets just be happy Crouch found a suit this time.

StoopTroup
12/14/2008, 07:07 PM
Was Earl Campbell there?

I understand why Reeky Williams wouldn't have been there as he was probably to stoned to pack a bag for a short trip, but why wouldn't Earl be there for McCoy?

Talk about embarrassing.

Dear texas....

You suck.

bluedogok
12/14/2008, 07:40 PM
I can excuse Earl from being there, I saw him downtown a few months ago and he isn't getting around very well these days.

KHOU.com - Earl Campbell is BACK and talking about several things including the Texans opener! (http://www.beloblog.com/KHOU_giff/2008/09/earl-campbell-is-back-and-talk.html)
5:15 PM Thu, Sep 04, 2008
Giff Nielsen

It was great to see my former teammate Earl Campbell today. He's feeling more hope with his recent back surgery after a painful six years of trying to walk. Dr. Stanley Jones took out a sack full of screws and rods during the procedure while fusing his vertebra. Now Earl is gaining strength hoping to beat Bum Phillips in a game of golf in a few months.

lexsooner
12/14/2008, 08:39 PM
I feel for Earl Campbell. I remember he was a beast in his prime, but at the end of his career with the Saints, he was an empty shell. I recall one time he was running for an apparent td when a little db hit him and he went down like a ton of bricks, really easily. The whole Superdome moaned when that happened. I hope they can help him to walk. I thought he was one of the best players I have ever seen.

It's interesting, but as storied a program as Alabama is, they have never had a Heisman trophy winner. Who was the closest? Maybe Johnny Musso, Joe Namath, Lt. Oglevee, perhaps?

ocsooner
12/14/2008, 11:30 PM
I am so ashamed . . .

I'm not.

boomerinhou
12/15/2008, 12:37 AM
Funny quote from Stoops in NY paper..........“There weren’t a whole bunch of people recruiting him,” Stoops said of Bradford, who was considered a three-star prospect. “So much for those guys giving out the stars.”

I love this quote!! Coach Stoops is firing off some great quotes as Coach Switzer.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/15/2008, 12:45 AM
I expect all of you noticed this but I will post it here anyway.

Of the 26 previous winners present at the award ceremony, Oklahoma was represented by all three (Owens, Sims and White) and Florida by two of three (Wuerffel and Tebow, of course) but neither of UT's winners showed up to support Colt. I can forgive Earl as I understand he doesn't get around too well but where was Bong Boy?

Another thought that occurred to me just before the winner was announced, the DAC guy who was giving a speech noted four criteria that every Heisman recipient should exhibit. I thought of a recent winner from UT who met at most three of those and wondered when he will return his statue.Heh!