PDA

View Full Version : SAM "HEISMAN" BRADFORD!!!!

A Sooner in Texas
12/13/2008, 08:57 PM
BOOMER!!!!!!

Sooner Eclipse
12/13/2008, 09:00 PM
SOONER!!!!!!!

zeke
12/13/2008, 09:13 PM
BOOMER

okieballin
12/13/2008, 09:38 PM
congrats, to a well deserving guy. BOOMER!!!!!

MyT Oklahoma
12/13/2008, 09:56 PM
Congratulations Sam! Glad your a Sooner.

StoopTroup
12/13/2008, 09:58 PM
That was about the most awesome thing I've witnessed this year.

Congrats To Sam!

BOOMER SOONER ! ! !

Czar Soonerov
12/13/2008, 10:02 PM
Is Billy Sims posting in this thread?

WTG SAM!

Czar Soonerov
12/13/2008, 10:02 PM
Is Billy Sims posting in this thread?

WTG SAM!

Now go kick some Gaytor ***!

goingoneight
12/13/2008, 10:03 PM
This one's for you, Jack Mildren!

Congratulations to Sam Bradford and the Oklahoma Sooners. Sam is a product of great players as we've heard him state all along. Just so happens he's a great player himself, and more importantly a good guy.

As much as I dislike :texan: and kinda got tired of the Tebow publication, I can't argue that all three of these QBs are studs and well-deserving of the invitation, any one of them deserving to win one.

StoopTroup
12/13/2008, 10:11 PM
Why is Czar Double posting....doesn't he know the board is getting hammered?

Ban? ;)

huskermark07
12/13/2008, 10:29 PM
Good job Sam!!!!! Now go and bring a MNC back to the Big12:)

stoopified
12/13/2008, 10:32 PM
Way to go Sammy!

sidewinder517
12/13/2008, 10:32 PM
Make room in the Heisman garden. There will be another statue growing. Congrats Sam!!

SWFloridaSooner
12/13/2008, 10:37 PM
I was so proud of Sam tonight. He represents us well. Such a fine person as well as a great athlete.

oupride
12/13/2008, 10:38 PM
Was there ever any doubt??

soonerwalt
12/13/2008, 10:41 PM
I had to laugh! Colt baby was about to cry. Think he and sMack will ever get tired of being Oklahoma's beeotches? I'd love to seen sMack daddy's face when kid colt got punked again

rubyspirit
12/13/2008, 10:54 PM
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~janicesmith/emotions/congratulations.gif Sam!

wishbonesooner
12/13/2008, 11:00 PM
But we gotta keep Billy away from NYC in the future.

SoonerMom2
12/13/2008, 11:10 PM
I had to laugh! Colt baby was about to cry. Think he and sMack will ever get tired of being Oklahoma's beeotches? I'd love to seen sMack daddy's face when kid colt got punked again

Dean Blevins said on Channel 9 news a short time ago that in the press conference after the presentation, Colt McCoy said in answer to a question that Bradford had an advantage over him by playing in the Big 12 Championship game. Sounded like Mack Brown talking. Want McCoy and TX to lose big to Ohio State. I am so tired of their whine every chance they get. Wonder if Stoops and the whiner Brown even talked? McCoy could not pass up a chance to diss Bradford and OU once again. Classless just like his coach!

Tailgate
12/13/2008, 11:17 PM
Congrats to a great player.

nighttrain12
12/13/2008, 11:23 PM
But we gotta keep Billy away from NYC in the future.

LOL, we'd be making fun of him if he wasn't a Sooner but he always makes me laugh with the same routine. I wonder if ESPN will edit his comments out in the Heisman show replay? LOL

soonerfanlv
12/13/2008, 11:23 PM
I want Texas to beat the hell out of OSU and I want Colt to look great doing it. I don't want our competion to be weak, I prefer to beat the best. Why some continue to disparage McCoy and Tebow is beyond me. They are both great quarterbacks. If we didn't have Sam we would be lucky to have a quarterback of their caliber. Sam came out on top because he was better, not because they suck. Congrats and great job Sam!!!!!!!

sendbaht
12/13/2008, 11:28 PM
Congratulations Sam! Go for 3 of them!

sooner cat
12/13/2008, 11:30 PM
congrats,sam made me want to make my first post:D

A Sooner in Texas
12/13/2008, 11:30 PM
Every time Billy yells "Boomer" a Sooner earns his Heisman.

So Billy, here's to hearing you yell that any time you want. :D

Soonerus
12/13/2008, 11:32 PM
I came to admire Colt as he and Sam hung out together in NYC...

ouleaf
12/13/2008, 11:33 PM
Congrats to Sam! A truly deserving winner. Who's to say that next year it won't be the same three guys again? How crazy would that be?

How long do you think it will be before they place his statue in Heisman Park? Certainly they will wait until after he graduates or leaves for the NFL, right?

SbOrOiNaEnR
12/13/2008, 11:40 PM
Another awesomely terrible MS Paint fark from SbOrOiNaEnR:

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1386/90/8/9605975/n9605975_38496831_1626.jpg

A-M
12/13/2008, 11:40 PM
I want Texas to beat the hell out of OSU and I want Colt to look great doing it. I don't want our competion to be weak, I prefer to beat the best. Why some continue to disparage McCoy and Tebow is beyond me. They are both great quarterbacks. If we didn't have Sam we would be lucky to have a quarterback of their caliber. Sam came out on top because he was better, not because they suck. Congrats and great job Sam!!!!!!!

I think it has a lot to do with how ESPN kept pushing both of them for the Heisman. They even had a little court with a person saying Tebow should win and a person saying McCoy should win and why. They never mentioned Bradford during the court battle and they declared Tebow the winner of the Heisman. If you look at what they put up for Bradford tonight, they did the same thing. They talked about how McCoy set one record at UT and his passing % was the best in CF. But, they didn't mention Sam's pass effeciency rating being the best in CF, just that 12 people were better at this then him, and 14 people were better at that then him. Not one time did they mention all the records that Sam has broken at OU and why not? They didn't want him to win, and they did everything in their power to see that it didn't happen. They lost again as they didn't win who would play in the Big 12 Championship Game either. They will lose a 3rd. time when we win the MNC since they keep pushing Flordia as the one who will win that game.

soonerfanlv
12/14/2008, 12:01 AM
I think it has a lot to do with how ESPN kept pushing both of them for the Heisman. They even had a little court with a person saying Tebow should win and a person saying McCoy should win and why. They never mentioned Bradford during the court battle and they declared Tebow the winner of the Heisman. If you look at what they put up for Bradford tonight, they did the same thing. They talked about how McCoy set one record at UT and his passing % was the best in CF. But, they didn't mention Sam's pass effeciency rating being the best in CF, just that 12 people were better at this then him, and 14 people were better at that then him. Not one time did they mention all the records that Sam has broken at OU and why not? They didn't want him to win, and they did everything in their power to see that it didn't happen. They lost again as they didn't win who would play in the Big 12 Championship Game either. They will lose a 3rd. time when we win the MNC since they keep pushing Flordia as the one who will win that game.

I understand that. So let's say ESPN sucks, not McCoy and Tebow. I mean they spout so much crap on that network who really listens to them anyway? What I do care about is that Sam, and through him the rest of the team, came out on top against some really great competition. I don't want to diminish his accomplishment by denying the talent level of his opponents. :)

JPNSKER
12/14/2008, 01:10 AM
Congrats, Sam!:cool:

Texas_Fight
12/14/2008, 01:14 AM
I want Texas to beat the hell out of OSU and I want Colt to look great doing it. I don't want our competion to be weak, I prefer to beat the best.
Or in this case, lose to the best. :)

utex74
12/14/2008, 01:22 AM
All three men were worthy of the Heisman. Bradford is an outstanding young man and great quarterback and so are Colt and Tebow. I think the argument that Colt made do with less is not debatable given your talent on the OL and backfield but Bradford used them wisely and made great plays. I also think having an extra game, especially one you play lights out in, is an advantage but that is all part of it. Bradford could have slipped up but he didn't and he continued to put on a display for the voters. I do not begrudge Sam in the least although i wish he would go to the NFL, which he won't...at least not this year.

Colt and Sam are coming back so we can do it all again next year. Our OL is back, which can be good or bad depending on if they improve. 2009 should be an interesting year.

On last thing. Graham Harrell should have at least been invited for the trip. They have had 4-5 people invited before and his stats warranted at least a trip. He earned that much.

Desert Sapper
12/14/2008, 01:30 AM
All three men were worthy of the Heisman.

On last thing. Graham Harrell should have at least been invited for the trip. They have had 4-5 people invited before and his stats warranted at least a trip. He earned that much.

Don't usually find myself agreeing with UT fans much, but I'm with you. Sam, Colt, and Tim were all very worthy of the award. All three are great QBs and are seemingly good people.

Not inviting Harrell and Crabtree was some top notch bull**** from the ESPN dorks. Proof that they wanted to erase that Tech did anything of note during the season. Dicks.

birddog
12/14/2008, 01:40 AM
I want Texas to beat the hell out of OSU and I want Colt to look great doing it. I don't want our competion to be weak, I prefer to beat the best.

but, we didn't beat them. screw colt if the comments he made are true. as a sooner i've defended him but now he's just another whiney-arse whorn in my book.

Crucifax Autumn
12/14/2008, 02:53 AM
Why some continue to disparage McCoy and Tebow is beyond me.

'cause we're effin' hillbillies! Didn't you get the memo?

JLEW1818
12/14/2008, 02:56 AM
I don't think Tebow was worthy of it at all. Horrible stats compared to the others. Lost to an unranked team at home. I'm not buying the Tebow love.

Crucifax Autumn
12/14/2008, 02:59 AM
Yep, and that's why he finished 3rd.

TheNadBomber
12/14/2008, 07:52 AM
Desert, I don't much like the ***-hats at ESPiN right now anymore than you do, but do you really think it was their decision to not invite Harrell or Crabtree? The Heisman Trophy Reserve Memorial Trustfund Inc. Co. Est. (or whatev they are called) is its own organization, and I think they could've invited whomever they wanted. Also, looking at the breakdown, there was a significant gap between Teblow and Harrell/others.

This is not to say that I didn't want to see him there. But still.

P.S. - did anyone see that Mauluaga (sp?) got 1-2 votes? Not that he isn't a stud, but I wonder who voted for him? Hmmmm... No way they are from the L.A. area!

Czar Soonerov
12/14/2008, 09:17 AM
Why is Czar Double posting....doesn't he know the board is getting hammered?

Ban? ;)

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/buttons/infraction.gif

nytehorn
12/14/2008, 10:57 AM
Congrats to Bradford. He deserved it as much as any of the three. My only question is, how did Tebow get so many 1st place votes??? I read where the Eastern media were suggesting that he played against better defenses, so he has earned it. BS!! The Big 12 defenses were just as good as the SEC, but our OFFENSES were out-of-this-world!! Hopefully, you guys can go show the nation that the Big 12 > SEC!!!!

Stitch Face
12/14/2008, 11:12 AM
McCoy comes off as a bit less of an asshat, especially compared to Tebow, in Mandel's article on the ceremony. And in some respects, it's true that Sam gained the upper hand by going to the Big XII CCG. Anyone think Colt might have made up the difference in votes had tejas won the conference and decimated Missouri on national TV in preparation for the BCS title game while Sam sat at home?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/stewart_mandel/12/13/heisman.bradford/index.html?eref=sircrc

nytehorn
12/14/2008, 11:20 AM
I dunno, Stitch. Tebow got the most 1st place votes, even though both the others stats were much better. In the situation you mentioned, I still think McCoy would have gotten 2nd, but Tebow and Bradford would have changed spots. How in the hell did Tebow get so many 1st place votes, when his stats were well below the other 2??????

MojoRisen
12/14/2008, 11:38 AM
It is kind of screwy, but it is so regionalized is why Tebow got so many first place votes. However in the midwest is where TEBOW got beat as he was rated 6th behind Harrell and Crabtree - right were he belonged this year.

Big 12 helped Bradford, but Okie St is where people I think finally got it..

AZSOONER
12/14/2008, 11:40 AM
Made my weekend. Congrats Sam. You deserve every good thing you get.

Jacie
12/14/2008, 01:39 PM
Sam Bradford may be OUr best quarterback ever. I realize he didn't lead an undefeated team but he is positioned to be a Heisman winning quarteback of a National Champion, which gives him an accomplishment unmatched by Heupel or White.

Responding to some other posts on this thread, please don't demean yourself talking about the other finalists. Whatever Colt McCoy said was in response to a question from someone in the media and Colt answered what he felt and what might even be true. Sam had two opportunities to perform in big games on television after McCoy's season was over. How can you believe that did not help Sam's chances of winning?

From what was shown I can believe the three finalists have a genuine respect for each other and that's enough for me. I will come down on Texas as a team, their coach when his actions warrant (plenty of times to do that!) and their fans for being complete A-holes but I won't diss a kid who has a well-developed sense of values that include honesty, fair play, decent work ethic and little things like oh, family and honor.

I am glad Bradford won but it doesn't take anything away from him to say
both Sam and Colt deserved to win this year.

setem
12/14/2008, 02:30 PM
Very very very awesome for Sam and the Sooner Nation!

This has been a great year!

mhackl
12/14/2008, 04:19 PM
Add another statue to the Heisman Garden. I can only imagine how that effects recruits.

Circle City Gator
12/14/2008, 04:26 PM
Congratulations to Mr. Bradford and the Sooner nation.

StoopTroup
12/14/2008, 05:04 PM
Don't tell me how to feel about Colt though either.

Some folks still consider him the enemy...especially if he comes back for his Senior year.

He did tell Harrell that he had a seat for him if Tech knocked us off in Norman. I didn't care for him saying that. Even though he might be a good kid as you say....that was a little ******Y as far as I'm concerned.

He lost and I could care less if he QB'd another down for texas or in NFL Europa.

Mr2Cents
12/14/2008, 06:41 PM
Big congratulations to Sam on a well-deserved honor. He is an extraordinary talent and a terrific ambassador to your university. Perhaps he will be next one to win multiple Heismans.

ZookSucks
12/14/2008, 07:25 PM
congrats to sam bradford on the heisman. well deserved.

Desert Sapper
12/15/2008, 03:26 PM
Desert, I don't much like the ***-hats at ESPiN right now anymore than you do, but do you really think it was their decision to not invite Harrell or Crabtree? The Heisman Trophy Reserve Memorial Trustfund Inc. Co. Est. (or whatev they are called) is its own organization, and I think they could've invited whomever they wanted. Also, looking at the breakdown, there was a significant gap between Teblow and Harrell/others.

This is not to say that I didn't want to see him there. But still.

P.S. - did anyone see that Mauluaga (sp?) got 1-2 votes? Not that he isn't a stud, but I wonder who voted for him? Hmmmm... No way they are from the L.A. area!

I grant that it ended up being a 3-horse race, but in 2007 it was really a 2-horse race between Tebow and McFadden, Tebow won all but the Southwest Region (McFadden), but Colt Brennan and Chase Daniel got invited.

I'm sure the Downtown Athletic Club of NYC had some say in who got invited, but it was the ESPN spinfest that created the conditions. ESPN and all their associated pundits had it down to three before voting even began.

It pisses me off that in all the superhype leading to the award, Crabtree and Harrell hardly got any mention. I'm not complaining too much. The skewed voting probably helped win Sam the Heisman.

KingBarry
12/15/2008, 03:42 PM
Congrats to Sam! A truly deserving winner. Who's to say that next year it won't be the same three guys again? How crazy would that be?

How long do you think it will be before they place his statue in Heisman Park? Certainly they will wait until after he graduates or leaves for the NFL, right?

Can you imagine? Those three guys back again, and two of them already having trophies on the mantel back home? Awesome if it happens.