PDA

View Full Version : Sooner Magic and how everyone wants some

Jacie
12/13/2008, 07:49 PM
I posted how Michigan fans wonder what might have been had Lloyd Carr managed to lure Sam Bradford away from Oklahoma to play in Ann Arbor. They wish they had a little Sooner Magic.

Today I was reading in my local paper, The Watertown Times, about the hiring of Doug Marrone to be the next head coach of the Syracuse Orange. Doug is currently the Offensive Coordinator for the New Orlean's Saints. His offense ranks first in the NFL for total offense (401 yards/game), passing offense (304 yards/game) and third in scoring (390 points). Don't blame him for New Orleans 7-7 record because their defense ranks 20th among NFL teams. Anyway, towards the bottom of the article was this paragraph:

. . . Marrone was consulted by the coaching staff at Oklahoma about offensive schemes and tactics after last season. While you can't make a direct correlation between Marrone's advice and the Sooners' output, they are still one of the nation's most explosive offenses.

So you see, they may not exactly like us, but they sure as heck want to be like us.

Flagstaffsooner
12/13/2008, 10:30 PM
The Watertown Times:O