PDA

View Full Version : Venables In Lincoln

CK Sooner
12/13/2008, 04:51 PM
http://oklahoma.rivals.com/

Looks like he is going to get all the info he needs from Bo.

I like.

Curly Bill
12/13/2008, 04:58 PM
Long as he gets the job done this time around I don't care if he gets help from the debil himself.

All_Day_28
12/13/2008, 04:58 PM
Nice to hear

OU_Sooners75
12/13/2008, 05:00 PM
Bout time he goes seeking help!

I actually like BV, but it seems he was stubborned for way too long.

If he gets the job done this game, I will gladly eat the crow.

goingoneight
12/13/2008, 05:03 PM
How do you know if he's stubborn? You realize he spoke with Pitt's DC last bowl season, don't you? People always come to these conclusions as if to say they really have even the slightest clue what's going on with the program.

instigator
12/13/2008, 05:05 PM
I don't have a subscription to read it, but I sure like the idea of Venables leaving no leaf unturned.

OU_Sooners75
12/13/2008, 05:24 PM
How do you know if he's stubborn? You realize he spoke with Pitt's DC last bowl season, don't you? People always come to these conclusions as if to say they really have even the slightest clue what's going on with the program.

How do we know?

When we run a defense that does not work and there are absolutely no changes that take effect.

That is being stubborn.

OUHOMER
12/13/2008, 05:27 PM
Is Soonerscoop at pay site? I am cheap, I will stay here

adoniijahsooner
12/13/2008, 05:48 PM

he should have been talking to lawyers for Granger and Lendy's professors.

GG84
12/13/2008, 05:53 PM
Bo didn't exactly have our number when he was at LSU. It's worth a shot I guess.

Curly Bill
12/13/2008, 05:53 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why we'd want to go talk to Pitt's
coaches about anything. Isn't OU > Pitt?
For whatever reason it was done it obviously didn't work.

At least this year we're going to somewhere a step up from Pitt for help.

Fiatil
12/13/2008, 05:59 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why we'd want to go talk to Pitt's
coaches about anything. Isn't OU > Pitt?
For whatever reason it was done it obviously didn't work.

At least this year we're going to somewhere a step up from Pitt for help.

Because Pitt completely shut down WVU in Morgantown and stopped them from going to the MNC? We did....less than that.

Curly Bill
12/13/2008, 06:03 PM
Because Pitt completely shut down WVU in Morgantown and stopped them from going to the MNC? We did....less than that.

Guess that makes sense then, I didn't remember Pitt beating them. At any rate, WVU apparently learned from losing to Pitt.

OU-HSV
12/13/2008, 06:27 PM
Can someone with a membership copy that article for us poor folk to read. TIA

Stitch Face
12/13/2008, 06:36 PM
Brett Favre called Bob this week and told him how to beat the Packers.

GottaHavePride
12/13/2008, 07:02 PM
OK, using the PITT / WVU thing as an example:

The point wasn't (or shouldn't have been) to go to Pitt and say "what sort of scheme did you guys use that was successful?" That's no good - we have different players, different strengths.

The point should be to go to Pitt and say "OK, you guys did a lot of work breaking down film, and it clearly paid off. What tendencies did you see in WVU's play? What weaknesses were you exploiting?" Then come up with a plan to use our personnel to attack those weaknesses in the most effective way.

bluedogok
12/13/2008, 07:05 PM
Guess that makes sense then, I didn't remember Pitt beating them. At any rate, WVU apparently learned from losing to Pitt.
Pitt beat WVU the same day as the Big 12 CCG in San Antonio. The final was during the game because I remember trying to get a signal to check the score in the first quarter.

oumartin
12/13/2008, 07:40 PM
The point should be to go to Pitt and say "OK, you guys did a lot of work breaking down film, and it clearly paid off. What tendencies did you see in WVU's play? What weaknesses were you exploiting?" Then come up with a plan to use our personnel to attack those weaknesses in the most effective way.

Okay COACH!

Salt City Sooner
12/13/2008, 07:56 PM
Bo didn't exactly have our number when he was at LSU. It's worth a shot I guess.
If by not exactly having UF's number you mean holding them to 21 PPG & 269 YPG, then you'd be correct.

stoopified
12/13/2008, 10:36 PM
Long as he gets the job done this time around I don't care if he gets help from the debil himself.
So its ok for him to talk to Les Miles? :D

Curly Bill
12/13/2008, 10:39 PM

Yes, if it will help us beat gator, even talking to Lester is acceptable. :D

oupride
12/13/2008, 10:51 PM
I dont want him talking to Let'er Rip Miles.

westcoast_sooner
12/13/2008, 11:29 PM
The Rivals piece said that Venables wasn't in Auburn interviewing for that job, rather he was in Lincoln talking to Pelini. Pelini obviously knows something about defending againt UF and he'll be able to look at film and perhaps notice tendencies, and the two of them will be able to exchange some ideas.

SoonerShark
12/13/2008, 11:31 PM

After this season, Les is on the down low, using the alias Fewer Kilos.

47Wins
12/13/2008, 11:34 PM
he should have been talking to lawyers for Granger and Lendy's professors.

Explaination please

Okie35
12/14/2008, 11:14 AM

um he had a winning record against you guys... id say that was your number...

MojoRisen
12/14/2008, 11:22 AM
It wasn't a full blown article, but venables is up there in Lincoln with a few GA's breaking down film with Bo... Bo's oppinion counts as he has the SEC experience and has coached against the Gators and the Sooners.

This was a pretty damn nice thing too do by Bo - he has a big game of his own against a talented Clemson Team.

Bo has his reasons for voting us number one in the coaches poll..

OU-HSV
12/14/2008, 12:09 PM
Props to Bo for trying to help BV out. Classy move

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/14/2008, 12:17 PM
Props to Bo for trying to help BV out. Classy moveBrownie points for a future job?

soonerboomer93
12/14/2008, 03:33 PM

Bo has knowledge of how the Stoops defense works though

so he probably has at least a few idea's of where the florida offense would find weaknesses

Jmorales22
12/14/2008, 08:13 PM
Bob asked Mike Stoops before the game of which we do not speak about how to defend USC also.

There might be a few wrinkles on both sides but the bottom line is on Jan 8 both teams will show up and do what has gotten them this far all year and there's nothing secret about it. It comes down to execution.