PDA

View Full Version : Gator Bait! Gator Bait!

oupride
12/12/2008, 11:12 PM
Gator fans have special greeting for Sam!
http://www.newsok.com/gator-fans-have-special-greeting-for-ous-sam-bradford/article/3329570?custom_click=masthead_topten
And be sure to check out the tie!!!

Flagstaffsooner
12/12/2008, 11:38 PM
Let em yell, Masterbate, Gatorbate!

Knippz
12/13/2008, 12:01 AM
Aggies.

Crucifax Autumn
12/13/2008, 03:20 AM
asstards!

skeeterou
12/13/2008, 04:25 AM
Gator fans=fail. That's what happens when your school has about 15 years of football legitmacy. New school FL fans suck.

SOONERxWife73
12/13/2008, 11:33 AM
that chomp chomp thing gets the goat of fl fans when OUr players give it back to 'em while accepting the crystal ball. go sam.

badger
12/13/2008, 11:55 AM
Why yes, we ARE gator bait!

And do you know what happens when little fishies and other creatures of the world go after bait?

Why yes, they usually die, unless we're the catch-and-release type. :D

HiFiGator
12/13/2008, 12:02 PM
You guys are a real riot. Do you write your own stuff, or does Mrs. Boomer Sooner help out?

Yawn, I expected a bit more from you all ... what with all that tradition and stuff.

Salt City Sooner
12/13/2008, 12:04 PM
We have to write our own stuff. We don't have ESECSPN to do it for us.

HiFiGator
12/13/2008, 12:20 PM
Salt City, I'm not going to deny that ESPN is (finally) giving the SEC the credit it deserves. But if you think about it, can you really blame them? We've got the last two Natty Tites in football and 2 of the last three in basketball. Of course, three of those four are Florida's alone. Hee hee hee...

Knippz
12/13/2008, 12:21 PM
All good things come to an end, Gator.

SOONERnTx
12/13/2008, 12:23 PM
Salt City, I'm not going to deny that ESPN is (finally) giving the SEC the credit it deserves. But if you think about it, can you really blame them? We've got the last two Natty Tites in football and 2 of the last three in basketball. Of course, three of those four are Florida's alone. Hee hee hee...

What is a Natty Tit? Whatever it is, I don't think I want one!

Knippz
12/13/2008, 12:25 PM

National Titles. And you are right, we don't want one, we want eight.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/13/2008, 12:36 PM
Yawn...speaking of something unoriginal. I think I heard this same $hit from LSU fans a couple of years ago.

Boomer Mooner
12/13/2008, 12:37 PM

Yeah, a natty tite sounds like something you dress up a 4 year old to go to sleep in. These Florida fans are so cute, OMG.

JLEW1818
12/13/2008, 01:11 PM

That is the thing with you SEC people, yall act like yall are all in this together, or something? You will never hear Sooner, or horn fans chanting "BIG 12" at a football game.

bluedogok
12/13/2008, 01:13 PM
One of these?
http://bluedogok.com/natty.jpg

HiFiGator
12/13/2008, 01:19 PM
That is the thing with you SEC people, yall act like yall are all in this together, or something? You will never hear Sooner, or horn fans chanting "BIG 12" at a football game.

In all seriousness, you have a good point there, and I'm not talking about the one under your hat. There is conference loyalty. Granted, on any Saturday in the fall, the opponent has no love at all. But come bowl season for instance, most fans of SEC schools want the conference to do well. Obviously there are exceptions. Bama fans don't want Auburn to win ever, for instance. In Florida's case, it might simply be that the true hated enemy is FSU and since they are in a different conference, there's no conflict whatsoever. I do have some friends that want Georgia to lose every game as well, so it isn't universal, but for the most part there is a degree of conference loyalty in football and in baseball as well. If anything, it is stronger in baseball than any other sport. Strangely enough, I don't see much of it in basketball. I would guess that is because Kentucky has traditionally been so dominant that the conference never really developed as a whole.

But getting back to the original point, ESPN was very slow to give the SEC much love. But in the past few years, they have certainly jumped on the band wagon. But that could simply be human nature. Everyone loves a winner.

ClintonSooner
12/13/2008, 01:20 PM

is natty tites the cheaper of natty light(natural light)?

poor ***

HiFiGator
12/13/2008, 01:23 PM
I forgot to mention: "Natty Tite" was a saying a friend of mine came up with back in 97 when we won our first one. We still proudly say it in honor of him. He passed away last year, so as "gay" as it sounds to some degree, we will never be embarrassed by the saying. And hell, we all want to win them, whatever the hell you want to call them.

starclassic tama
12/13/2008, 01:25 PM

newsflash gator, ohio state we are NOT

OUDizzle
12/13/2008, 01:59 PM
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/3480/bugsbunny1ed5.gif

Boomer Mooner
12/13/2008, 02:08 PM
I forgot to mention: "Natty Tite" was a saying a friend of mine came up with back in 97 when we won our first one. We still proudly say it in honor of him. He passed away last year, so as "gay" as it sounds to some degree, we will never be embarrassed by the saying. And hell, we all want to win them, whatever the hell you want to call them.

Neg.

Talking lame smack with cutesy pootsey terms and then coming back with this is indeed some lame ****. This a Sooner Fan Football site, not a touchy feely bull**** site.

If you're going to use the gay crap in his honor take the lumps but keep the rest to yourself.

HiFiGator
12/13/2008, 02:25 PM
newsflash gator, ohio state we are NOT

*Troy Smith, Heisman winning quarterback
*Ted Ginn, playmaker at wide receiver
*Gonzalez (forget his first name) second NFL wide receiver
*Two really good running backs
*Gaudy record against teams that don't play defense much
*cocky, arrogant and over-confident fans who think the SEC speed is an urban legend
*large but somewhat slow offensive linemen

Yeah, I don't see any similarities.

HiFiGator
12/13/2008, 02:28 PM
Neg.

Talking lame smack with cutesy pootsey terms and then coming back with this is indeed some lame ****. This a Sooner Fan Football site, not a touchy feely bull**** site.

If you're going to use the gay crap in his honor take the lumps but keep the rest to yourself.

Not sure what your trying to say. My only point was that as silly as you might think that term is, and I have heard other ridicule the saying, I, along with my friends have zero problem using such a phrase. And whatever you want to call it, we are running out of space for all of those crystal trophies.

NYC Poke
12/13/2008, 02:29 PM
I think you just described Florida.

SOONERxWife73
12/13/2008, 02:33 PM
a natty tite is what gators take off their *** and put on their head when they grow up.

A Sooner in Texas
12/13/2008, 02:36 PM
Not sure what your trying to say. My only point was that as silly as you might think that term is, and I have heard other ridicule the saying, I, along with my friends have zero problem using such a phrase. And whatever you want to call it, we are running out of space for all of those crystal trophies.

I guess you're referring to "all those crystal trophies" won by the SEC as a whole. We're running out of space just at OU for all our crystal trophies. Never fear; we'll make space for number 8.

Okie35
12/13/2008, 02:38 PM
*cocky, arrogant and over-confident fans who think the SEC speed is an urban legend

draft experts constantly compare harvin to ted ginn jr.

Boomer Mooner
12/13/2008, 02:49 PM

Don't know how to be more clear. Maybe if I use shorter words?

Talk big boy ball here. Talk silly, we laugh. Sad story not for here. Don't worry about crystal space, will be no problem 4 u this year. :)

OU_Sooners75
12/13/2008, 02:52 PM

Well keep your gayness in Florida.

OU_Sooners75
12/13/2008, 02:55 PM

You sir/ma'am. are a freaking retard if you think we are even close to OSU of 2006.

1. OU has a chip on their shoulder after 4 straight BCS Losses.
2. OU has team speed. And probably more than Florida has.
3. OU has a WAAAAAAY better offense than Florida has seen this year.
4. OU makes a habit of winning at the Orange Bowl!

Florida is the new "look we exist" team. OU has been the team most try to replicate since the 1950s!

So take your childish drivel elsewhere.

OU_Sooners75
12/13/2008, 02:58 PM

Florida must have a pretty small trophy case.

OU has more in one sport (Football, Gymnastics, Wrestling 7 each, so take your pick), than Florida has as a athletic department.

starclassic tama
12/13/2008, 05:38 PM

keep reminding yourself of that game, and convince yourself that ohio state has more speed than we do. when #14 steps on the field, you'll need those thoughts. and i'm not talking about john parker wilson

Soonersince57
12/13/2008, 06:45 PM
Florida must have a pretty small trophy case.

OU has more in one sport (Football, Gymnastics, Wrestling 7 each, so take your pick), than Florida has as a athletic department.

After the 2003 season, a K-State fan after touring the Switzer Center asked me where the Big XII trophy was for that year (hah hah, they won 35-7). I asked him if they had room in their closet for their first trophy.

FirstandGoal
12/14/2008, 02:23 AM
Dear God, is there actually a Florida fan here who is talking smack to Sooners about all of their football trophies!!

Can someone please redirect the lost person here (http://www.orangepower.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2) :D

TheGodfather889
12/14/2008, 05:59 AM

There's a flaw with your theory. Sam Bradford is a much superior quarterback to Troy Smith based on his talents. He is much more poised and can throw a better ball, he's accurate and can complete passes on the run if he has to also. I think the running attack is just as strong if not stronger than Ohio State's was. The wide receivers are also better and as athletic as Florida is on defense they don't have anyone that can match up with Jermaine Gresham because there simply is no defense that can match up with Jermaine Gresham. Another thing OU's offensive line is a lot better than Ohio State's was. All of these guys will be drafted and probably will play. They are a very seasoned, talented and experienced group. I respect Florida's athleticism and speed very much so, I think this will be a battle and OU will have to play very well to win. However I think a lot of Florida fans are underestimating how good OU's defensive line can be. If Florida's offensive line is able to beat OU's defensive line then OU will be in trouble since they don't have the size to match up with Tim Tebow. But if they control the line of scrimmage against Florida's offensive line it will be very favorable for OU. Gerald McCoy, Adrian Taylor, Jeremy Beal, Auston English and Demarcus Granger all have the capability to play well and control the line of scrimmage so they cannot be overlooked. You can't even compare 2006 Ohio State's offense to OU's offense this year because OU's are far superior because they compiled one of the greatest seasons in college football history, 702 points can't be overlooked.