PDA

View Full Version : Blake Bell 2010 Recruit

msooner
12/12/2008, 04:39 PM
I spoke with Blake's aunt while in Wichita, KS last month. Blake is the son Mark Bell, if I remember his aunt correctly. Mike Bell was his uncle. Blake's aunt told me that Bob Stoops was recruiting him and that Miami had already offered. He is a dual threat QB. Any thoughts on Blake??

KsSooner
12/12/2008, 07:36 PM
Haven't seen him play but noticed in the paper that he always passed for a bunch of yards. Sounds like a good kid. Plays basketball too.

msooner
12/13/2008, 03:06 PM
I have several cousins that live in Wichita, but couldn't tell me much about him. I'm not sure if Stoops really wants a dual threat QB. He has recruited Pro Style QB's since Blohwmar. Although, I watched some video on Landry Jones and that kid can move when needed.

jtksu
12/13/2008, 05:01 PM
I have several cousins that live in Wichita, but couldn't tell me much about him. I'm not sure if Stoops really wants a dual threat QB. He has recruited Pro Style QB's since Blohwmar. Although, I watched some video on Landry Jones and that kid can move when needed.

Blake isn't a dual threat type of QB. He does run for a decent amount of yards, because he is bigger and stronger than everyone else, but he won't do that much at the college level. He trains with Brian Butler, the same guy that was/is involved with the Brown brothers and Jayden Bird. Looks like OU has as good a shot at him as anyone, he's stated numerous times that he would like to stay close to home. I personally hope that the Snyder hire will be enough to keep him in-state, but we'll have to see down the road. By this time next year, he'll end up as one of the highest rated guys in the country, I just hope he doesn't end up in Miami, or somewhere like USC or Florida.

msooner
12/15/2008, 08:12 PM
We will need another QB besides Landry and Drew Allen. Who knows what Sam will do with his future. I would love to see Sam stay one more year, but he stands to lose up to 20 million if he doesn't bolt to the NFL. I personally don't think he's physically ready but you never know.

okienole3
12/18/2008, 06:52 PM
Mike "Helicopter" Bell?

sooner KB
12/18/2008, 10:55 PM
http://ouinsider.com/news/story.php?article=2274

Video:

http://www.ksn.com/sports/35587249.html