PDA

View Full Version : Sam Bradford on Dan Patrick

primetime43
12/12/2008, 01:52 PM
Sounds like he wants to come back! I got my fingers crossed!http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/

OUDoc
12/12/2008, 02:02 PM
Dan's never been here.

fadada1
12/12/2008, 02:08 PM
if he wins the heisman, he'll "wing it". love it. my "winging it" would consist of muttering and drool with a big sh*t eatin' grin.

Cam
12/12/2008, 02:14 PM
As much as I like watching him play for OU, he should go now while iron's hot and there's no ceiling on 1st year salaries.

sooner_born_1960
12/12/2008, 02:21 PM
Apparently Sam's choice in tie color wasn't considered important.

OU-HSV
12/12/2008, 02:36 PM
if he wins the heisman, he'll "wing it". love it. my "winging it" would consist of muttering and drool with a big sh*t eatin' grin.

I thought that was good too. "He'll wing it"...he's braver than I am. I'd have to have something written on paper to fall back on in case my nerves got me good in the process of winging it.

oupride
12/12/2008, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the post

sooner518
12/12/2008, 02:53 PM
Apparently Sam's choice in tie color wasn't considered important.

I'm a Colt fan, but that tie he had on last night was fugly, and not just becuase it was orange (I have a couple orange ties....).

TopDawg
12/12/2008, 02:56 PM

Wouldn't it be pretty much the same if you had prepared statements?

HI-YO!

primetime43
12/12/2008, 02:59 PM
I love his response to Dan when he asked if Tebow is bigger than his lineman. Add Dan Patrick to the list of obsessed that think Tebow is a super hero!

TopDawg
12/12/2008, 03:05 PM
I haven't listened to it, but I imagine Dan was being facetious with that question. Maybe even mocking all of the fascination with Tebow.

sooner518
12/12/2008, 03:30 PM
I haven't listened to it, but I imagine Dan was being facetious with that question. Maybe even mocking all of the fascination with Tebow.

didnt really sound facetious. Sam responded then Dan asked "well maybe he's as big as some of the defensive guys...." and Sam said "well, probably more like a linebacker..."

adoniijahsooner
12/12/2008, 03:39 PM
Sam said "why cut short a dream?", in reference to staying at OU. That sounds very promising that he will come back.

TopDawg
12/12/2008, 03:49 PM
didnt really sound facetious. Sam responded then Dan asked "well maybe he's as big as some of the defensive guys...." and Sam said "well, probably more like a linebacker..."

Well, maybe...but do you remember Dan from his days on SportsCenter? He plays it straight pretty well.

I mean...c'mon...you don't really think that Dan thinks that Tebow, at 6'2" 238, is as big as our offensive linemen...do you? I don't know...maybe he does...but I just find that extremely hard to believe.

Fiatil
12/12/2008, 04:41 PM
Well after Sam pointed out how massive our line is, Dan laughed along and commented on us having an all-pro line, so I'm pretty sure he was joking a little bit.

Whet
12/12/2008, 04:54 PM

I thought that was good too. "He'll wing it"...he's braver than I am. I'd have to have something written on paper to fall back on in case my nerves got me good in the process of winging it.

Wouldn't it be pretty much the same if you had prepared statements?

HI-YO!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2327/2041855533_4285e04977_d.jpg

Heisman hopeful Sam Bradford joined the show. Dan asked him his thoughts on the BCS.
"Right now I'm pretty happy with it because we're in the championship game," Bradford said.
"It's the system we have and everyone has to deal with it."
Bradford had very nice things to say about McCoy, who he is friends with, and Tebow, who he just met.
Dan asked Bradford if Tebow was as big as his lineman. Bradford said, "Have you seen my linemen? ... They're monsters."
Dan asked Bradford about returning to Oklahoma. Bradford didn't say anything specific, except that he loves it there.
Dan asked Bradford which NFL QBs he emulates. Bradford said he watches tape of Tom Brady and Drew Brees. Bradford says he tries to play like those two guys, but he's probably closer to Brady, because he sits in the pocket.
For the record, Bradford did not write a speech for Saturday. He said if he's lucky enough to win, he'll wing it.

He will win it and he will probably have a short speech - or at least reminder notes.....

SeattleOUstudent
12/12/2008, 05:32 PM
Colty will have a speech prepared, which will burn him even more. :)

aurorasooner
12/12/2008, 05:58 PM
I enjoyed listening to the NFL channel CFB now show today. Lots of points counterpoints but all done professionally w/o any snide comments and when the point was made that McCoy won the RRR, the counterpoint was immediately made that but......Bradford threw 5 TD in that game as well. Mayotte chose Bomar as the highest rated Sr. QB out of the draft. [P]
I think everyone is waiting to see what Sam does against an SEC defense, as well as our offensive line of which Mayotte didn't have any in his top 20 Sr picks. If Sammy has a typical game in the BCS NC game I just can't see him staying as he'll be extremely high in the draft. I also think that if our OL protects him as well as they've done all season and their run-blocking reflects what they've done in the last half of the season, their NFL stock couldn't help to jump as well.
[P] Outside of him winning the Heisman, The wild card for him staying is probably that he's from Oklahoma, a Sooner through and through, and like the impression I got from our 2 great coordinators on the playback show, Sam has high loyalty to the Sooner program and Bob Stoops. If Sammy's actually ready for Pro-Ball, our staff will probably be the 1st ones to tell him to jump.

GottaHavePride
12/12/2008, 10:10 PM
For a second, I thought the thread title said Danica Patrick.

yur-out
12/13/2008, 12:10 AM
For a second, I thought the thread title said Danica Patrick.

Well if it was, I would hope there would be a lot of pictures :D

Crucifax Autumn
12/13/2008, 03:24 AM
I thought it said Samica Patford!