PDA

View Full Version : Saying Colt McCoy won the RRR is a JOKE!!!

SoonerShay
12/11/2008, 01:18 PM
His entire team won it.

It seems to go unnoticed by many in the media and even our own fans that McCoy didn't win that game alone. People seem to forget that it was Colt that had the running game that day not Bradford. You always hear that Colt doesn't have the players around him that Sam does but it is never mentioned that in the RRR Colt was the one with the luxury of a running game not Sam. Sam had the whole offense on his shoulders that day and was the sole reason we were in the game.
If not for the kickoff return they only win by 3 points, kickoff returns making the score look worse shouldn't count against Sam.

In McCoys other "big" game he didn't have that running game and guess what? He lost the game and had a much worse statistical performance than did Sam in the RRR.
In fact when ut has faced a ranked opponent this year they have had over 100 yards rushing everytime but once......against Ttech the game they also happened to lose.

So is Colt really the only reason that ut is winning or is that just the way the media wants to paint it?

OUmillenium
12/11/2008, 01:28 PM
Shipley won that game more than Colt. His kickoff return was a game changer from a momentum standpoint. OU was up 14-3, another TD and the whorns would have quit like everyother year we have gotten a 3 score lead on them.

The officials definitely influenced the game more in UTs favor than OUs but bad calls were made both ways.

meoveryouxinfinity
12/11/2008, 01:31 PM
Not to mention, last I checked, Sam doesn't play MLB.

soonermagic14
12/11/2008, 01:37 PM
they really dont want to hear the Ryan Reynolds injury in the 2nd quarter factor either.....after that all of the sudden his slant pass and scramble were open all afternoon.

but... but he's texass.

he's just a smaller version of Tebow according to TSPN and the texass fans

oupride
12/11/2008, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the post

SPuL
12/11/2008, 02:47 PM
Shipley won that game more than Colt. His kickoff return was a game changer from a momentum standpoint. OU was up 14-3, another TD and the whorns would have quit like everyother year we have gotten a 3 score lead on them.

The officials definitely influenced the game more in UTs favor than OUs but bad calls were made both ways.

I LOL every time I see Mike Knall's acting. How he gets up, then remembers to fall down and hold his knee in pain. LOL ahahaha

rainiersooner
12/11/2008, 03:17 PM
Not to mention, last I checked, Sam doesn't play MLB.

Or on the special teams, or on defense. I think his performance as the QB speaks for itself, particularly as he was responsible for FIVE touchdowns that day!

TopDawg
12/11/2008, 04:18 PM
Saying Colt McCoy won the RRR is a JOKE!!!

It's not a very funny one.

soonerfan28
12/11/2008, 04:35 PM
And all I keep hearin is that McCoy should win the Heisman because he led his team to victory that day. Regardless of the fact that Bradford had 100 more yards that day passing then did McCoy and had 4 more TD slings the McCoy. Bradford isn't expected to keep the other team from scoring so you can't blame him for the loss.

htownsooner7
12/11/2008, 04:55 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Bradford set a RRR record with either passing yards (385ish) and/or TD passes (was it 4 or 5?). Either way, he played a hell of a game. That being said, McCoy played a big time ball game as well.

PalmBeachSooner
12/11/2008, 05:09 PM
I would say that without Colt, UT is 8-4 this year. His ability to run is the only thing that has saved them.

It's hard to say what OU would have done without Sam, but I definitley believe TT wins the Big 12 and is playing in the MNC.

When you think about it what QB on what team isn't the MVP of his team? I can't think of one that wouldn't be in the Big 12. In the SEC maybe, but that's because they have a completely different philosophy.

badger
12/11/2008, 05:36 PM
Nope, he won it - those two phantom roughing calls and Colt's acting-like-a-wuss acting skills kept two Texas drives alive.

And... we lost by two scores :(

Thus, Colt beat OU single handedly. All the rest of Texas sucks and has no ownership over the victory because Colt is the only thing that kept us from being undefeated. It can be said without prejudice and without any hesitation that without Colt, Texas would be the worse team in the country - worse even than Washington's 0-12 season - and would be seeking new coaches, new players and of course, new fans. Their mediocrity would rival that of Texas A&M, creating new tension in an age-old rivalry that never really was as to which school sucked more.

Colt McCoy has made this year a successful year. If not a successful year, at least it's a Fiesta Bowl year.

The rest of Texas still sucks.

SoonerNerd
12/11/2008, 06:12 PM
I heard that if it wasn't for Colt, Texas wouldn't have a college football team next year. I'm just thankful that I was on hand to watch the Messiah play football.

sarcasm.end()

ashley
12/11/2008, 08:32 PM
I hate to say this but his runs were clearly the difference.

sooner59
12/11/2008, 08:43 PM
I hate to say this but his runs were clearly the difference.

I couldn't see the back of his pant, but ill take your word for it.

oubose
12/11/2008, 08:56 PM
In the ESPN interview with mccoy, he said that he didn't watch the BIG12 Championship Game he was out spot lighting for coons. Now on the awards show tonight he said they were all watching the game and he was happy that the BIG12 would be playing for the national championship. come on colt WTF! GO SOONERS!!!

nytehorn
12/12/2008, 08:58 PM
Hell, people. Have you seen our second string QB? Chiles is a great runner, but his accuracy at passing leaves a lot to be desired. If Colt had went down during the first game as Tom Brady did, we would be 4-8. We were all crossing our fingers every time Colt scrambled.

Partial Qualifier
12/12/2008, 10:29 PM
I guess I don't have a prob with anyone saying 'Colt beat OU'. Yes their D stepped up when they had to, but Colt and Shipley hooked up on soooo many 3rd downs in the 2nd half. I don't think their receivers dropped one pass all afternoon, but Colt was money.

Hope he enjoys the Tostitos bowl. :D