PDA

View Full Version : Excel program ****** ******s.

Turd_Ferguson
12/11/2008, 07:14 AM
Need a little hep here....

I have a spreadsheet that was given to me by a client. I have to fill out this spreadsheet for each cell tower that they own. On this spreadsheet, are five different forms (pages, tabs) that need information plugged in. 2 out of the 5 forms ask for almost identical information. So, my question is....isn't there a way to set it up to where when I fill out one sheet, it automatically fills out the other??? I've tried to cut and paste, but the cells, columns and rows are different between the two forms and it doesn't work very well. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Howzit
12/11/2008, 09:04 AM
Go to a cell that requires identical information. Hit = and then go to the sheet/cell with the "source" info. That puts a formula in the cell that updates each time new "source" info is keyed.

Assuming auto-calculation is on...

Example, if Sheet 2, cell A5 has the same information as Sheet 1, cell C3, click on Sheet 2 A5, hit =, got to Sheet 1 cell C3, and hit Enter.

Sphinctersaywhat.

Mjcpr
12/11/2008, 09:17 AM
What?

BillyBall
12/11/2008, 09:29 AM
Need a little hep here....

I have a spreadsheet that was given to me by a client. I have to fill out this spreadsheet for each cell tower that they own. On this spreadsheet, are five different forms (pages, tabs) that need information plugged in. 2 out of the 5 forms ask for almost identical information. So, my question is....isn't there a way to set it up to where when I fill out one sheet, it automatically fills out the other??? I've tried to cut and paste, but the cells, columns and rows are different between the two forms and it doesn't work very well. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Create one sheet the way you want it, then go to the tab, right click and choose to make a copy. Rename the sheet and update whatever is different.

1890MilesToNorman
12/11/2008, 09:35 AM
Your formula will look something like this

=Sheet1!B4

Veritas
12/11/2008, 10:01 AM
This may be useful Turd:

ahQP-aehVFU

pergdaddy
12/11/2008, 11:09 AM
Do it how Turd said to. That's how I link my sheets. That way maybe you could just create a source spreadsheet that is nothing but input, but then link the rest of the sheets to the source input sheet.

That way,all you do is update input and the rest of your file will update automatically.

Czar Soonerov
12/11/2008, 11:17 AM
What?

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q245/jlibb/lil_jon_yeah11.jpg

Cam
12/11/2008, 09:25 PM
If you really want to have fun, you can hide the tab that you use for your data after you've linked the other tabs. My guess is that more than one of your clients will pull their hair out trying to figure out where the data's coming from.