PDA

View Full Version : Offense and Defense Team breakdowns...OU vs. Florida

OU_Sooners75
12/11/2008, 05:34 AM
PDF File.

http://www.talkncaasports.com/PDF/TeamBreakDown.pdf

Let me know what you all think. I will be using these numbers to make my prediction of the game.

catsigater
12/11/2008, 11:30 AM
Scoring

OU Offense: 1
Opponents Defense: 71

UF Defense: 5
Opponents Offense: 63

UF Offense: 3
Opponents Defense: 42

OU Defense: 57
Opponents Offense: 33

I like UF's chances.

Okie35
12/11/2008, 12:49 PM
Scoring

I like UF's chances.

its easy to say that when the offenses uf plays aren't worth anything lol...

catsigater
12/11/2008, 12:52 PM

And of course the same can be said about the Big 12 defenses OU plays.

Those numbers favor UF to a significant degree - even if not overwhelmingly so.

MojoRisen
12/11/2008, 01:02 PM
actually there is a big difference from 33 avg on offense compared to 63 offense.

We may have shut most of those weak arse offense out... Hell all they do is try and run and mix in a few passing plays off play action - and they are not very good at it.

I respect UF' offense - but I don't respect Georgia this year or any other SEC Team aside from Bama - and I think we would crush them.

A lot of yardage going into Stats and including Scoring was pointed out on this board as JUNK STATS after we have already secured a devastating victory.

catsigater
12/11/2008, 01:19 PM
actually there is a big difference from 33 avg on offense compared to 63 offense.

Agreed. Almost the same as the difference from a 42 average on defense to a 71 average on defense.

We may have shut most of those weak arse offenses out... Hell all they do is try and run and mix in a few passing plays off play action - and they are not very good at it.

And we'd have probably scored a lot more against those weak arse defenses in the Big 12.

I respect UF' offense - but I don't respect Georgia this year or any other SEC Team aside from Bama - and I think we would crush them.

I think you'd beat almost any team in the SEC this year - Bama included.

A lot of yardage going into Stats and including Scoring was pointed out on this board as JUNK STATS after we have already secured a devastating victory.

Do you have a breakdown of that? That would be interesting to see.

MojoRisen
12/11/2008, 01:34 PM
It was in another Post, I think our AVG Point's allowed would have dropped to 17 - and yardage down about 80...

Points for sure though

Mark_in_Tulsa
12/11/2008, 01:35 PM
Scoring

I like UF's chances.

You're looking at it wrong. Don't look at the rank, look at the actually avg.

OU Offense: (1) 54.00
Opponents Defense: (71) 27.52

UF Defense: (5) 12.80
Opponents Offense: (63) 26.06

UF Offense: (3) 45.15
Opponents Defense: (42) 22.06

OU Defense: (57) 24.50
Opponents Offense: (33) 33.80

OU scores 26.48 pts over what the defenses they played avg.
FL scores 23.09 pts over what the defenses they played avg.

OU defense gives up 9.3 less points than the opponents avg score is.
FL defense gives up 13.26 less points than the opponents avg score is.

These numbers are so close there is no clear cut winner. And I'm sure Florida is like OU in the fact that in the 4th the 2nd unit is out there and numbers get inflated and deflated.

But I'm willing to bet that just looking at the first 3Q stats the number favor OU even more.

Dan Thompson
12/11/2008, 01:40 PM
For some strange reason I was more concerned about the TT game than I am about the UF game.

catsigater
12/11/2008, 02:53 PM
You're looking at it wrong. Don't look at the rank, look at the actually avg.

OU Offense: (1) 54.00
Opponents Defense: (71) 27.52

UF Defense: (5) 12.80
Opponents Offense: (63) 26.06

UF Offense: (3) 45.15
Opponents Defense: (42) 22.06

OU Defense: (57) 24.50
Opponents Offense: (33) 33.80

OU scores 26.48 pts over what the defenses they played avg.
FL scores 23.09 pts over what the defenses they played avg.

OU defense gives up 9.3 less points than the opponents avg score is.
FL defense gives up 13.26 less points than the opponents avg score is.

These numbers are so close there is no clear cut winner. And I'm sure Florida is like OU in the fact that in the 4th the 2nd unit is out there and numbers get inflated and deflated.

But I'm willing to bet that just looking at the first 3Q stats the number favor OU even more.

Thanks, that was a good breakdown.

I'd guess you're right about the 1st 3Q stats. Does that mean you'll be a little nervous if it's close in the fourth?

HiFiGator
12/11/2008, 03:43 PM
For some strange reason I was more concerned about the TT game than I am about the UF game.

I'm glad to hear it! Let's hope the entire Sooner nation, including the team thinks the same way. Incidentally, did I mention that Ohio State said the same thing two years ago?

OU_Sooners75
12/11/2008, 03:51 PM
Agreed. Almost the same as the difference from a 42 average on defense to a 71 average on defense.

And we'd have probably scored a lot more against those weak arse defenses in the Big 12.

I think you'd beat almost any team in the SEC this year - Bama included.

Do you have a breakdown of that? That would be interesting to see.

Damn do I have to do everything for you?

This stuff is basic...stop being lazy.

OU has scored 456 points in the first half. Allowed 150.
OU has scored 246 in the second half. Allowed 169.

1st qtr: OU 225 Opp 30
2nd qtr: OU 231 Opp 120
3rd qtr: OU 153 Opp 84
4th qtr: OU 93 Opp 85

So, there ya go.

catsigater
12/11/2008, 05:20 PM
Thanks for that.

Here's UFs stats. (Didn't double check the math, but this should be close enough for comparison.)

UF has allowed 54 first half points and scored 321
UF has allowed 116 second half points and scored 266.

By Q

1st UF 167 Op 20
2nd UF 154 Op 34
3rd UF 132 OP 74
4th UF 134 Op 42

If you're not up big by midway through the third, it'll be trouble for OU. If you're behind in the 4th... game over.

Crimson_Balls
12/11/2008, 05:31 PM
If you're not up big by midway through the third, it'll be trouble for OU. If you're behind in the 4th... game over.

OU plays thier scrubs at the end of its games. Not a valid arguement.

MojoRisen
12/11/2008, 05:39 PM
We could have scored 80 at least 4 times this year but pulled up in the 4th...

Pretty impressive D for the Gators I must say - but again I don't think there were many dynamic QB's that they faced this year. I still can not figure out for the life of me why Stafford is so high on draft boards. In any game I watched this year either his play calling sucked or he really only had a couple of options down field - because he ain't special..

Big Red Ron
12/11/2008, 05:42 PM
OU played 8 of the top 33 offensive teams in America. FL played 1, just sayin.

That'll make your defense look pretty darn good.

SimpleBrent
12/11/2008, 05:48 PM

Which is probably why you'll have that stunned mouth breathing look on your face when Timmy scores 56 on the vaunted OU D and their jeanyus coordinator.

SimpleBrent
12/11/2008, 05:51 PM
OU played 8 of the top 33 offensive teams in America. FL played 1, just sayin.

That'll make your defense look pretty darn good.

Or maybe the amount of terrible defense being played in the Big XII is making those "top 8" offenses look far better than they actually are.

Curly Bill
12/11/2008, 05:53 PM
:pop:

SimpleBrent is stirring **** up.

Crimson_Balls
12/11/2008, 05:59 PM
The whole world thinks OU is terrible on defense. I can't wait to see our team kick some ***.

We are due to silence the critics

Big Red Ron
12/11/2008, 06:01 PM
Or maybe the amount of terrible defense being played in the Big XII is making those "top 8" offenses look far better than they actually are.
You wish. You really think "Bobby" forgot how to shut down a trinket option offense since 1996?

You gators are killing me. The big XII is a superior conference this year. Bama would be 5th in the big XII South.

Option ball, I love it(well back in the 70's and 80's I did).

Crimson_Balls
12/11/2008, 06:03 PM
These Florida fans are a little cocky.

BlondeSoonerGirl
12/11/2008, 06:05 PM
That's not a Florida fan.

Crimson_Balls
12/11/2008, 06:12 PM
Damn whorns!!

Gat0r
12/11/2008, 06:13 PM

Thank you, I was hoping someone would get that.

catsigater
12/11/2008, 06:15 PM
The whole world thinks OU is terrible on defense. I can't wait to see our team kick some ***.

Florida had that same chip on our shoulder before the Bama game. It's a great feeling... shuttin' folks up.

OU will have their chance. We'll see if they can put up.

Should be a helluva game.

(Hey Crimson, I'm in KC too)

Crimson_Balls
12/11/2008, 06:30 PM
Florida had that same chip on our shoulder before the Bama game. It's a great feeling... shuttin' folks up.

OU will have their chance. We'll see if they can put up.

Should be a helluva game.

(Hey Crimson, I'm in KC too)

Most of what I read the media heavily favored the Gators. ESPN loves Tebow.

OU has a bad rep in BCS bowls. If the Sooners don't win this game, they will be the Buffalo Bills of the BCS.

(KC kicks ***!)

SimpleBrent
12/11/2008, 06:33 PM

They've had many opportunities to silence those critics my rosey friend. We all saw what OSU was capable of laying on them and I can guarantee you Florida is gonna do far worse. The big problem with the Gators is that they actually have a defense.

Big Red Ron
12/11/2008, 06:46 PM
Tebow is 1-5 when trailing at halftime. We've grown accustomed to scoring 40 to 50 by halftime. Don't be surprised to see Timmy in the fetal position at halftime, for the 6th time.

OU_Sooners75
12/12/2008, 03:40 AM
They've had many opportunities to silence those critics my rosey friend. We all saw what OSU was capable of laying on them and I can guarantee you Florida is gonna do far worse. The big problem with the Gators is that they actually have a defense.

Contribute something worthwhile or go away whorn.

BlondeSoonerGirl
12/12/2008, 12:01 PM
That's not a Texas fan, either.

Flsunman
12/12/2008, 05:24 PM

Offenses or QB's? Let me digress, UF is holding their oppenents to 40% less than what they score on average. Bad offenses or not, UF has a very legit defense.

Moreover, the SEC has hands down the best o-lines and some of the best skill players in the country. The SEC was down this year due to a large turnover in QB's. With that said, UF has not seen a QB or offense that is on the same page with OU... But OU has not seen a defense like UF's either.

All and all this is going to be a great game. In the end, I think speed and coaching will win out which is clearly in UF's favor.(That being that Dan Mullen doesn't become a large distraction.)

Thanks for the class OU fans, I sure wish more SEC fans would copycat you guys. GL.

catsigater
12/15/2008, 12:17 AM
OU plays thier scrubs at the end of its games. Not a valid arguement.

That's why it may be an indicator. Your guys aren't used to playing 4 quarters. Bama didn't think we were. Kept saying they would wear us down and in the 3rd Q of the game last week, it looked they were doing just that.

Then Tebow took over, and challenged UF's defense to close bama down.

They had exactly 1 yard of offense in the 4th quarter.

tulsaoilerfan
12/15/2008, 12:22 AM

I'm sure he's not cause the UF fans have actually been pretty nice so far on here

tulsaoilerfan
12/15/2008, 12:24 AM
Offenses or QB's? Let me digress, UF is holding their oppenents to 40% less than what they score on average. Bad offenses or not, UF has a very legit defense.

Moreover, the SEC has hands down the best o-lines and some of the best skill players in the country. The SEC was down this year due to a large turnover in QB's. With that said, UF has not seen a QB or offense that is on the same page with OU... But OU has not seen a defense like UF's either.

All and all this is going to be a great game. In the end, I think speed and coaching will win out which is clearly in UF's favor.(That being that Dan Mullen doesn't become a large distraction.)

Thanks for the class OU fans, I sure wish more SEC fans would copycat you guys. GL.

As long as people don't act like jackasses they will get treated well here

tulsaoilerfan
12/15/2008, 12:26 AM
That's why it may be an indicator. Your guys aren't used to playing 4 quarters. Bama didn't think we were. Kept saying they would wear us down and in the 3rd Q of the game last week, it looked they were doing just that.

If i were you guys, i would be seriously worried about the pace of the OU offense; we snap the ball alot of times with 20 seconds left on the play clock and that will make a defense pretty tired by halftime

Also, i'm insulted you would even compare Bama's offense to what we have. ;)

GottaHavePride
12/15/2008, 12:58 AM

In the 4th quarter I expect either Demarco Murray or Jermaine Gresham to put the game away.

in fact, If Jermaine Gresham gets 112 yards receiving he'll be our second receiver over 1,000 yard on the season. Which would give us two 1,000 yard receivers, two 1,000 yard rushers, and a Heisman winning quarterback.

Florida has a Heisman winning quarterback and... well... none of the rest of that stuff.