PDA

View Full Version : Colt McCoy on watching Big XII Champ Game - What's the truth?

OK2LA
12/11/2008, 01:01 AM
I heard Colt on Tirico and Van Pelt on Tuesday, and when they asked him if he watched the Big XII Champ Game, he hesitated a little bit, and said that it was on at his house, but he didn't watch it.:confused: This didn't make much sense to Scott or Mike either, and they pressed him on it. He said that he went out "spotlighting" with his friends. Neither Scott or Mike knew what this was, so Colt told them. Van Pelt laughed with disbelief, and asked what he hunted - armadillos? Colt said yes, along with other "varmits". Both of these city boys cracked up when they heard that, and quizzed him some more - he said that Coyotes were among the targets that he "took his aggression out on".

I found this pretty revealing at the time, and was surprised that he was so forthcoming with what might be frowned upon outside of the friendly confines of tejas.

Tonight I was listening to Doug Gottleib, and he asked the exact same question. Colt responded similarly, but the story changed a little bit. He said that he went hunting with his dad, and he actually bagged an "11 point buck" that he had "tracked all day".

2 questions:

1. Was he hunting? If he was out hunting big game with pappa McCoy - didn't the game start 7pm CST? Dark around the time of the game?

2. Isn't "spotlighting" illegal? I was under the impression that shining a light in an animals' eyes and then shooting them - was illegal. If not - not very sporting as far as I can see.

Hoping that some of the resident rednecks can shed some light on the subject.

What say you hillbilly?

Curly Bill
12/11/2008, 01:04 AM
I'm saying he was lying his *** off. If for no other reason, he was watching because of his boyfriend Booger.

batonrougesooner
12/11/2008, 01:12 AM
He was watching his BFF lose to the next National Champions.

tommieharris91
12/11/2008, 01:17 AM
He was watching his BF lose to the next National Champions.

Fixed.

47straight
12/11/2008, 01:18 AM
I heard it. He sounded believable. He even threw in a barb, "nah, I've already watched both teams plenty on tape this year. it's just two teams we've already beat."

And I checked the TX wildlife regs, and spotlighting is ok for non-game animals. It still doesn't jibe with the uber-hippy attitude of campus, but don't expect consistency with the whorns.

Crucifax Autumn
12/11/2008, 01:49 AM
He's obviously lying and if not his "good friend" booger oughtta call him out on the lack of support he'd been saying he'd give last week. Only a moron woulda had the night off with the chance of a buddy winning a game that would put you into the MNC and not watch. Unless of course he knew damn well OU would detroy booger's tiggers.

2. Isn't "spotlighting" illegal? I was under the impression that shining a light in an animals' eyes and then shooting them - was illegal. If not - not very sporting as far as I can see.

When I was a much shorter hillbilly, the only time I ever experienced this was when my stepdad dragged me off with his way more hillbilly than us friends, into a canoo, and floating drunkenly around lighting up frogs' eyes and having a lttle target practice with our .22s. Only time I ever ate froglegs I might add.

Later in life I discovered gator is much more satisfying, though spongy, but I digress: Colt is a dolt.

Crucifax Autumn
12/11/2008, 01:50 AM
"nah, I've already watched both teams plenty on tape this year. it's just two teams we've already beat."

If I was booger I'd kick his *** for lumping his mighty tiggers in with land-thieving, cheating hillbillies!

olevetonahill
12/11/2008, 02:08 AM
when did an 11 Point Buck become a Varmint ?:rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
12/11/2008, 02:18 AM
Well, it was actually a 2 pointer and it was an armadillo with 3 legs, so I think varmit is pretty reasonable language in this case. Not to mention he made sweet love to it before he shot it with his pellet gun.

olevetonahill
12/11/2008, 02:25 AM
Well, it was actually a 2 pointer and it was an armadillo with 3 legs, so I think varmit is pretty reasonable language in this case. Not to mention he made sweet love to it before he shot it with his pellet gun.

Well that splanes it then .;)

Crucifax Autumn
12/11/2008, 02:27 AM
You don't even wanna know what he did with the prairie dog he bagged.

olevetonahill
12/11/2008, 02:37 AM
You don't even wanna know what he did with the prairie dog he bagged.

Tru dat .
Now we gonna get a Schooner running over a Gator Or Not ? :confused:

Crucifax Autumn
12/11/2008, 02:54 AM
Oh yeah...I just sent you a PM about that.

AlbqSooner
12/11/2008, 07:23 AM

When that sumbitch ate up my weed patch!!:D

Jacie
12/11/2008, 07:48 AM
As a fan of Judge Judy, I can guess what she would say to the 11-pt buck story . . . "You're lying! You already said you went 'spotlighting'. I believe that story, Mr. McCoy. Sit down!"

sooneron
12/11/2008, 09:51 AM
Are you guys sure it wasn't an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle?

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/6408/coltxmasstorybw1.th.jpg (http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=coltxmasstorybw1.jpg)

Soonersince57
12/11/2008, 10:00 AM

Don't we all go hunting for 11-point armadillos on Saturday nights? I wonder if his girlfriend went and why didn't ESPN accompany them and do a split screen with our game?

Soonerfan85
12/11/2008, 10:07 AM
Prolly just huntin some of those cute little tejas jackalopes!

OR, maybe he was secretly meeting with Gov. Blagojevich proposing to trade his Big XII championship ring for Obama's vacated senate seat.

badger
12/11/2008, 10:12 AM
He was probably teasing them with a Texan stereotype. As we all know, the best thing about wearing orange all the time is you can hunt during the week and pick up garbage on the side of the road on weekends :rolleyes:

Plus, we all know why Colt did NOT watch the Big 12. Yes, I believe him when he said he didn't watch. Would YOU want to watch your Heisman and your National Championship hopes go up in smoke to the likes of SIXTY POINTS IN FIVE STRAIGHT GAMES?!

:P He probably had to shoot something to get his mind off the fact that he was going to the worst BCS bowl in the whole wide world, the FIESTA :P

Collier11
12/11/2008, 10:24 AM
He should have skipped both and played hide the snake with his GF...Have you seen her?!

badger
12/11/2008, 10:30 AM
He should have skipped both and played hide the snake with his GF...Have you seen her?!

Don't call Shipley a girl! He's a man! He's such a manly man with that little stubble on his chin! He's not Colt's "GF!" He's his BF! ...or BFF. Either or.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06hvetFfNz0A1/340x.jpg

:les: Get your facts straights! [hairGel]

Dan Thompson
12/11/2008, 10:41 AM
I'm suprised that he didn't say he was watching and supporting his freind Chase and that he was impressed with the OU victory, a team which Texas beat on a neutral field 45-35.

fadada1
12/11/2008, 11:04 AM
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/3475/elmerfuddbugsbunnyjy0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

soonermagic14
12/11/2008, 11:12 AM
:pop:

sooner2b09
12/11/2008, 11:18 AM
Are you guys sure it wasn't an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle?

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/6408/coltxmasstorybw1.th.jpg (http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=coltxmasstorybw1.jpg)

he didnt want to shoot his eye out ;)

soonermagic14
12/11/2008, 11:24 AM
great pic....Ralphie McCoy

MamaMia
12/11/2008, 01:27 PM
He recorded it, went cow tipping or goat dipping or whatever the heck they do at night in Texas. On the way home he turned on the radio , heard that we had won by a gazillion points, so he went home and deleted the game. If we had lost he would have watched it, said so and added that osu played a great game. Thats what happened.

OK2LA
12/11/2008, 09:05 PM
Yeah, I find it a little hard to believe that he didn't watch . . . the first part of it - at least.

I mean - everyone out there said that if we lost that game - they'd be a shoe-in to the BCS Championship Game. Don't you think that he had some interest in that?

I believe that his buddies probably called him in the first quarter and tried to get him out of the house.