PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network: Matt Hayes just said

bluewcc
12/11/2008, 12:28 AM
Tebow is the best amateur athlete EVER. Not the best quarterback, not the best athlete this year, but the best athlete EVER. I hope this crap continues for the next month. This is exactly what our team needs to ensure we will be prepared and focused.

Crucifax Autumn
12/11/2008, 02:44 AM
I hope so too, but on that note...

Is Tebow gonna break through racial boundaries and travel to Berlin to show up Hitler's superior Aryan athletes?

Is he gonna outshine This Woman? (http://www.e-sports.com/articles/214/1/The-20th-Centurys-greatest-athlete/Page1.html)

Is he gonna be remembered like These classic olympians? (http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/Olympics/amat.html)

Is he going to overcome these kind of obstacles (http://www.active.com/swimming/Articles/Paralympian_swimmer_named_top_amateur_athlete.htm) ?

This guy REALLY needs to put his crap in perspective!

AlbqSooner
12/11/2008, 07:28 AM
When does he play golf with Bradford?

OklaPony
12/11/2008, 09:31 AM
Tebow is the best amateur athlete EVER. Not the best quarterback, not the best athlete this year, but the best athlete EVER. I hope this crap continues for the next month. This is exactly what our team needs to ensure we will be prepared and focused.
I had that channel on last night as I was drifting off to sleep. When he popped off with that little nugget I nearly hit the ceiling. "The best amateur athlete of all time". WTF!?!?!?!? Then one or two of the other numbskulls actually agreed with the possibility... unbelievable. Wasn't it just a few short months ago that a certain swimmer performed a couple of miracles of his own on an international stage against the best of the best from all over the world? What a bunch of morons.

mfosterftw
12/11/2008, 09:37 AM

Or hockey, for that matter?!???

BornandBred
12/11/2008, 09:43 AM
Is he gonna outshine This Woman?

She's like Tiger, AT EVERYTHING!

boomersooner28
12/11/2008, 10:14 AM
Apparently Matt Hayes missed out on LEBRON JAMES!?!?!?!?!!?

I could name so many others, but it's not worth it. Tebow, good player good dude, but c'mon people. :O

boomersooner28
12/11/2008, 10:15 AM
At Tebows age LJ was dominating the NBA. Tebow won't even play in the NFL. No comparison.

The_Red_Patriot
12/11/2008, 10:17 AM
Remember when Vince Young was said to the greatest college football player of all time and he would make some noise in the NFL?

Guess Tebow is better than him to

XingTheRubicon
12/11/2008, 10:20 AM
^^Tebow's a better passer. I'm taking a wild guess that he's smarter too.^^

Schoonerbeer
12/11/2008, 10:28 AM
Tebow is a better athelete than Jim Thorpe was!!!!!!! He should go to the olympics and enter the decathlon and pentathlon and win both. Then for good measure he should enter the sprints and beat Usane Bolt! What a man!!!

---------------------BOOMER SOONER-------------------------------------

SouthFortySooner
12/11/2008, 10:37 AM
Im'a gonna second the Jim Thorpe mention. I was goin there halfway through the article. Tim Tebow=florida football player, Jim Thorpe=all world athlete. Big Stupid Remark by dat goober.

TheUnnamedSooner
12/11/2008, 10:54 AM
Are olympians considered amateur athletes?

Boomer Mooner
12/11/2008, 11:08 AM
Are olympians considered amateur athletes?

Yes.

In fact Jim Thorpe was stripped of his Olympic Medals because he had been paid to play baseball in a minor league game, or some such thing, and ruining his "amateur" status. I'm sure you can google it.

tpapablo
12/11/2008, 11:15 AM
Ah, it is finally dawning on you fellows what you are dealing with here, eh? :)

TopDawg
12/11/2008, 11:17 AM
Being in the Olympics doesn't rob you of amateur status, but you don't have to be an amateur to be in the Olympics (see the Dream Team). So as Boomer Mooner pointed out, Jim Thorpe wasn't an amateur athlete and, as such, is not relevant to this discussion on who is the best amateur athlete.

I mean, I'm gonna give this Matt Hayes guy the benefit of the doubt and think that...surely...he meant that Tebow is the greatest athlete ever who has never been considered a professional athlete. I don't know that Jesse Owens or Michael Phelps or any of the other people mentioned here ever attained "professional" status, and I don't really care enough to find out...because I think Matt Hayes is still wrong on the issue...but at least it might not be quite as outlandish a statement as it appears at first glance. And, if that's the case...it's also not quite so much an honor since most great athletes do go on to become professional athletes.

My Opinion Matters
12/11/2008, 12:00 PM
Uninformed hyperbole FTW!

The_Red_Patriot
12/11/2008, 12:00 PM
See Tim Tebow Thread

Mr2Cents
12/11/2008, 12:09 PM
FYI: Matt Hayes is a UF grad probably suffering from the same "Tebowner" syndrome that has afflicted Gary Danielson and the cast at ESPN. I wouldn't regard this as the Magna Carta.

SoonerLB
12/11/2008, 12:18 PM
We'll see how great he is when he gets his *** handed to him by a Sooner!

1890MilesToNorman
12/11/2008, 12:22 PM

I like it! A skins match between T_Bone, pony boy, metal hand and SAM. I would buy tickets for that. :)