PDA

View Full Version : A Simple Plea to the Sooner Nation

KingDavid
12/11/2008, 12:21 AM
If you are going to attend the MNC this year, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE remember two things when the "fan-cam" rolls your direction for your 15 seconds of fame:

Our hand sign is NOT an upside down Longhorn "hook 'em."
Our hand sign is simply the index finger pointed skyward, as in "We're number one."Practice it at home in front of the mirror if you must.

Do whatever is needed to stifle the urge to flash the upside down Horns on national television. It makes us look stupid, even silly - as if our program's identity somehow depends on beating the Longhorns. In short, it makes us look Aggie.

The Horns are playing in the Fiesta Bowl where they belong, and there is no reason to bring them into the national championship spotlight at all, whether upside down or right-side up. If you can't force your fingers into the simple "we're number one" sign, then please leave your hand stuffed in your pocket when that camera rolls past your section.

Next October in Dallas, you can bring out the upside down horn sign and wave it around to your heart's content . . .

olevetonahill
12/11/2008, 12:24 AM
Can I hold a Pic of the :texan: Upside down While Flipping the Bird at it ?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/11/2008, 12:27 AM
I don't ever see taking a swipe at the whorns on camera as a bad thing. Everyone knows we don't like their sorry as*es.

SicEmBaylor
12/11/2008, 12:27 AM
I'm sorry but the index finger is the absolute lamest of hand signs.

olevetonahill
12/11/2008, 12:28 AM

Is that cause you aint ever made 1st Base ?:eek:

Curly Bill
12/11/2008, 12:35 AM
I'm tempted to shell out the $$$, and take off work to go to the game just so I can flash the upside down hook'em now. :D

olevetonahill
12/11/2008, 12:38 AM
I'm tempted to shell out the $$$, and take off work to go to the game just so I can flash the upside down hook'em now. :D

Ill split the Cost if you will Pick me up .
:D

KingDavid
12/11/2008, 12:39 AM
I don't ever see taking a swipe at the whorns on camera as a bad thing. Everyone knows we don't like their sorry as*es.

All publicity is good publicity is a common marketing mantra. You're just making the horns look important by flashing that damn sign in a venue when they should be . . . and are . . . completely irrelevant.

Curly Bill
12/11/2008, 12:40 AM
Ill split the Cost if you will Pick me up .
:D

Who could we get to be our designated driver? :D

KingDavid
12/11/2008, 12:42 AM

I can see why you'd have an aversion to using that symbol, Sic 'em.

KingDavid
12/11/2008, 12:44 AM
What in the world was I thinking? A serious post. Geez, send me back to the remedial thread-starter school for noobs.

batonrougesooner
12/11/2008, 12:44 AM
We are not the University of We Hate Texas.

Ironically, Texas has become the University of We Hate Oklahoma over the last few weeks.

I bet if they could do an upside down OU sign, they would. Those guys are just beside themselves right now.

Curly Bill
12/11/2008, 12:45 AM
What in the world was I thinking? A serious post. Geez, send me back to the remedial thread-starter school for noobs.

You shoulda known better. ;)

olevetonahill
12/11/2008, 12:47 AM
Who could we get to be our designated driver? :D

That Indy sooner Kid , Ya dumas hes the Posse DD :D

olevetonahill
12/11/2008, 12:49 AM

We need to , Ya cant even Spell nOObs right .:rolleyes:

Curly Bill
12/11/2008, 12:51 AM
That Indy sooner Kid , Ya dumas hes the Posse DD :D

I can't keep up with who's who. We need to get that newsletter going. :D

olevetonahill
12/11/2008, 12:59 AM
I can't keep up with who's who. We need to get that newsletter going. :D

Ya wanta Go ? I bet we can Make a road trip .

Crucifax Autumn
12/11/2008, 01:23 AM
I'd be the designated driver but I occasionally have seizures, I'm usually drunk when I'm not working, and I broke my glasses and I'm as near-sighted as the average totally blind person.

As for the upside down horn sign, that shiite's for the texass game and maybe occasionally when drunkenly goading a whorn out on the roads.

CarolinaSoonerFan
12/11/2008, 08:54 AM

Baylor hmmm.....bet they don't even know what that gesture means....Don't think I ever remember them being #1 at anything

OKLA21FAN
12/11/2008, 09:15 AM
so let me get this straight; if going to a game i should not do the following

1) no upside down 'hookems'
2) no yelling 'sooners' at the end of the anthem
3) no doing the wave when the sooner are on offense (or is it at anytime?)
4) no sitting, even during timeouts
5) no booing (except after a 'bad call')
6) no second guessing the offensive or defensive play calling
7) no aggie wave for the Pride

heck, maybe it would be simpler if there is just a short list of 'things I can do' at a game!

I'll just stay at home and sit this one out, too many 'rules'! :pop:

UberSooner
12/11/2008, 09:20 AM
I say we adopt the BSD. Plant your elbow in you crotch and swing your fist back and forth between your knees. Its classy without being pretentious.

WildBlueSooner
12/11/2008, 09:24 AM
New Texas symbol...and upside down #1. This works for them, for several reasons. First, it is of course the upside down OU hand symbol. Second, it points right at their crotches...:)

OU86
12/11/2008, 10:03 AM
I'd be the designated driver but I occasionally have seizures, I'm usually drunk when I'm not working, and I broke my glasses and I'm as near-sighted as the average totally blind person.

As for the upside down horn sign, that shiite's for the texass game and maybe occasionally when drunkenly goading a whorn out on the roads.

Man if you've got wheels that can get us all to Florida that's good enuf for me, I ain't agonna sweat no seizures. Somebody in the front seat can just lean over and take the wheel.

How many people does your truck hold anyways? We got 27 in at our house. Plus my neighbor and his kids.

SoonerinSouthlake
12/11/2008, 10:20 AM
If you are going to attend the MNC this year, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE remember two things when the "fan-cam" rolls your direction for your 15 seconds of fame:

Our hand sign is NOT an upside down Longhorn "hook 'em."
Our hand sign is simply the index finger pointed skyward, as in "We're number one."Practice it at home in front of the mirror if you must.

Do whatever is needed to stifle the urge to flash the upside down Horns on national television. It makes us look stupid, even silly - as if our program's identity somehow depends on beating the Longhorns. In short, it makes us look Aggie.

The Horns are playing in the Fiesta Bowl where they belong, and there is no reason to bring them into the national championship spotlight at all, whether upside down or right-side up. If you can't force your fingers into the simple "we're number one" sign, then please leave your hand stuffed in your pocket when that camera rolls past your section.

Next October in Dallas, you can bring out the upside down horn sign and wave it around to your heart's content . . .

this is a tough one: In this particular game we really are getting one of the greatest kicks to their collective N%ts in the history of the rivalry given the situation.....but

it does make me cringe when we are playing Cincinnati and the camera pans the crowd to show 50% people doing an upside down whorn. Don't you realize that only fuels the fire of these whorn fans who believe we hate them because we are jealous of them? We have plenty of posts on this very board from the whiney idiots to prove that’s what they think.

For a team that wins a National Championship every 30 years...and thinks that makes them rich in college football history...we sure give them a lot of credit

Soonersince57
12/11/2008, 10:21 AM
You can slap me around on this, but . . . .

Quit slapping those upside-down horn stickers on your car. Upside down or right-side up, you might as well mail a royalty check to the UT athletic department.

Knippz
12/11/2008, 10:24 AM
Doing the upside down longhorn at any other game than the RRS is AGGIE!!!

AGGIE!!!

SoonerGrad2003
12/11/2008, 10:26 AM
For those of us that have been to games this year and sat near the sidelines, you know that the camera men actually ask fans to do this! So, fight the urge, don't give in to the camera crew, and don't flash the upside down horns sign.

PhiDeltBeers
12/11/2008, 10:55 AM
I vote NO!

Dan Thompson
12/11/2008, 10:59 AM
Jump up and down like you did at the TT game.

soonerfire13
12/11/2008, 11:25 AM
The Texas fans bitch and moan about us doing the horns down sign during every game, but then they yell OU sucks at the end of their give em hell song at every game.

They try to convince everyone that we are obssesed with with them because of the constant hands down sign, but they never mention the fact that they yell OU sucks at every Texas event.

I know it's hard to imagine Texas fans only telling part of the story.

For what its worth I only do the horns down the 2nd week of Oct., and I do not have any freaking orange stickers on any of my vehicles.

OKLA21FAN
12/11/2008, 11:55 AM
The Texas fans bitch and moan about us doing the horns down sign during every game, but then they yell OU sucks at the end of their give em hell song at every game.

thats inakerit [hairGel]

My Opinion Matters
12/11/2008, 11:58 AM
This thread should be stickied.

SoonerLB
12/11/2008, 12:03 PM
Make a cross with both index fingers, 'cause dat Tebow kid be da debil!

soonermix
12/11/2008, 12:15 PM
is there a way to do an upside down gator chomp????

KingDavid
12/11/2008, 01:10 PM
is there a way to do an upside down gator chomp????

heh. Now there's a worthy consideration.

To set the record straight on another post, this thread only mentions one rule, and not even that, it's just a plea: save the upside down horn sign for the RRS. Don't be Aggie.

olevetonahill
12/11/2008, 01:17 PM
heh. Now there's a worthy consideration.

To set the record straight on another post, this thread only mentions one rule, and not even that, it's just a plea: save the upside down horn sign for the RRS. Don't be Aggie.

Ya know your thread wouldnt be so pathetic if this subject had nevar been brot up before , Like 2 months ago .:rolleyes:
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121149

OUstud
12/11/2008, 01:20 PM

heck, maybe it would be simpler if there is just a short list of 'things I can do' at a game!

1, 3 (offense), and 7 should be observed...unless we're playing Texas, then just 3 and 7.

SoonerinSouthlake
12/11/2008, 06:12 PM
By the way...the wave should never be done....tis ghey

StormySooner-IN
12/11/2008, 07:04 PM

Is that cause you aint ever made 1st Base ?:eek:Oh, SAUCED!

**** off, dip **** hater!

:D :D :D ;)

KingDavid
12/11/2008, 10:22 PM
Ya know your thread wouldnt be so pathetic if this subject had nevar been brot up before , Like 2 months ago .:rolleyes:
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121149

Excellent reference, Olevet. Thank you for pointing it out - I was out for a bit and missed that one.

Here for everyone's enjoyment is the post by Sooner04 (may he be showered with the spek he so clearly deserves) referenced by the venerable Olevet (who has his very own posse):

Yeah, you. You know who you are. You're the idiot who, no matter who we're playing, chooses to flash that ignorant-assed horns down sign whenever you're "lucky" enough to get on camera.

Well, you know what? You're a moron. You're a disgrace because you're making us fans of a big-time football school seem like a bunch of ignorant loners. Our season does not hinge on one game like it does at eATMe or O-State. We're bigger than that.

If we're playing Texas, fine, flash that stupid-assed sign. If we're not, keep your stupid-assed hands in your damn pocket, you moron.

It's bad enough that your ignorant *** flashes the sign every time your moronic self gets on the camera, but now you've taught it to your poor, little kids. It's bad enought that they have to go through life with a moron for a parent, but you don't have to force feed your moronic beliefs into their poor, vulnerable skulls. Your moronic *** is dooming them to a life of ignorant, moronic activity.

You know what, moron is not near strong enough of a word. Next time I see you flashing the stupid-assed Horns down when we're not playing Texas, I shant call you a moron. I'll call you what you really are: an Aggie.

- Sooner04, from the Blessed " (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121149)I'm Talking to You, Moron (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121149)" Thread (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121149).

Crimson Kid
12/11/2008, 10:30 PM

You forgot one.

8) No wearing jerseys unless your a kid.

OKLA21FAN
12/11/2008, 10:31 PM
You forgot one.

8) No wearing jerseys unless your a kid.

damn it!!!! you are right

or is it just a jersey with your name on the back? :D

AzianSooner
12/11/2008, 10:38 PM
I will give the horn (Hook'em) up on my right hand.. and the middle finger (one finger pointing up) on the left hand.

That's how we go along with the whorn.

sooner59
12/11/2008, 11:26 PM
I will give the horn (Hook'em) up on my right hand.. and the middle finger (one finger pointing up) on the left hand.

That's how we go along with the whorn.

I'm going to form an OU with my arms, then do a #1 sign, and then an upside-down horn sign. I want the nation to know that I love OU, that we are number one, and third....that I find joy in the fact that I am in Miami and Texas is not. There is nothing wrong with that, in fact, its mandatory for me. Nobody watching on TV will find it stupid except horn fans. Thats my story and im sticking to it.

Pantheon
12/15/2008, 09:43 AM
Or you guys could just follow the lead of several of your players and give the Hook 'em sign right side up. Although I can't say I was shocked to see OU players dumb enough to use their biggest rival's hand sign.

Also, I hope some of you are not too quick to rejoice over Bradford winning the Heisman because A) what it does to his NFL chances and B) what it does to Tebow's mentality and that of Florida's defense. Let us just say that trophy will come with a price in January.

Soonersince57
12/15/2008, 11:12 AM
Or you guys could just follow the lead of several of your players and give the Hook 'em sign right side up. Although I can't say I was shocked to see OU players dumb enough to use their biggest rival's hand sign.

Also, I hope some of you are not too quick to rejoice over Bradford winning the Heisman because A) what it does to his NFL chances and B) what it does to Tebow's mentality and that of Florida's defense. Let us just say that trophy will come with a price in January.

We'll show up anyway . . . . just in case.:rolleyes:

Bonehead
12/15/2008, 12:24 PM
I too don't like the upside down horns as the symbol of OU. It makes us look as our entire existence is wrapped up in being the Antihorns.

I think the best hand signal for OU is simple. Make a circle of your thumb and forefinger with the other three fingers extended. The universal symbol for "OK". Everyone knows it, and I can't think of a better signal for OU.

I think the upside down horns has its time and place, when playing texas, for instance. But at other games I think it would be great to see the stadium packed with thousands of Sooner fans waving the OK gesture back and forth while the Pride of Oklahoma band gave a strong drumbeat.

OK?

A Sooner in Texas
12/15/2008, 01:07 PM

At least we'll be there...with our Heisman trophy winner.

Mark_in_Tulsa
12/15/2008, 01:25 PM
How about the gator chomp thing with our arms and hands, but with a cheap piece of crap rubberband holding our hands together? As if to say, "hey look at me. I'm a ferocious alligator, that can't withstand the awesome power of a simple band of rubber that was initially designed to hold a newspaper together."

eh?