PDA

View Full Version : No more ESPN/Media bashing

8timechamps
12/11/2008, 12:16 AM
My fellow Sooner fans, don’t allow yourselves to be sucked into the anti-BCS debate with a chip on your shoulder.

Yes, I’ve heard a million times how we “aren’t supposed to be in Miami”, and that “Texas beat OU on a neutral field” (never mind the Texas Tech component), and all the other statements.

Try to understand, this is not an attempt to belittle or discredit what our team has accomplished.

The majority of the media out there hates the BCS (not to mention the majority of the fans). This year, the BCS has proven its (lack of) worth, and Oklahoma just happens to be the team that is at the tip of the spear.

Everyone is jumping on this year’s screw up like never before. We, as Sooner fans, feel like it’s a slight on us. In fact, it’s not. Let the talking heads do their job and bash the system and the BCS. Hopefully, someone will finally listen and things will change. Leave the whining and crying to the professionals...the whorn fans.

In the meantime, don’t waste your time or energy being upset with the media (ESPN seems to be the focal point for most). Instead, lay your head down at night thinking about watching Sam slice through the Gator defense, or “Q” Cater beheading anyone that dares enter “his” area of the field.

The best way we can handle this is to enjoy this moment, and celebrate when we win #8.

olevetonahill
12/11/2008, 12:21 AM
I agree with Enjoying the Moment .
But they still succs :rolleyes:

8timechamps
12/11/2008, 12:22 AM
But they still succs :rolleyes:

As they always have.

Crucifax Autumn
12/11/2008, 03:57 AM
Since before the big bang!