PDA

View Full Version : "ESPiN" references.

SeattleOUstudent
12/11/2008, 12:08 AM
Enough with the stupid ESPiN references. You guys sound freaking Aggie. ESPN is a sports network. A damn fine sports network. They have talking heads just like every other network.

Shut the crap up. Let them talk all they want to. We are the "underdogs." So What? Enjoy it. It will make the victory over UF even sweeter. :gary:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/11/2008, 12:12 AM
We can and should win the Big One for the whorns, just to make ESPN happy?

tommieharris91
12/11/2008, 12:13 AM
ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN ESPiN

SeattleOUstudent
12/11/2008, 12:20 AM
thanks for the http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif

8timechamps
12/11/2008, 12:21 AM
...If only I would have looked at the board a little harder! Guess I am guilty of starting a duplicate thread.

Crucifax Autumn
12/11/2008, 04:02 AM
I hate Thruplicate Deads!

LoyalFan
12/11/2008, 04:53 AM
(espin)...giggle.

Crucifax Autumn
12/11/2008, 05:05 AM
How about ESPeNis

Knippz
12/11/2008, 10:52 AM
I disagree with you.

While I do think we need to lay off of ESPN, I don't think we should stop calling them "ESPiN".

We have a name for everyone we don't like, so why not ESPN? That would be just dumb. Should we now have to stop saying "whorns", "Texass", "Aggie Lite", "Sand Aggies", etc.?

I, for one, say f*ck that!

badger
12/11/2008, 11:15 AM
I called 'em "Espen" in honor of that thingy they had going a few years ago with the ditzy cheerleader saying she only read "Espen the Magazine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAWp7dgk3V0)" and the wire stories on kids being named "Espen" after ESPN.

It's not a slight at them, mind you. It's like us calling the NFL network the "Neffel Network." No big deal.

Besides, "Espen" just rolls off your tongue a lot easier than "E-S-P-N" does.

sooner2b09
12/11/2008, 11:23 AM
if you switch ESPiN around you get penis heh

Knippz
12/11/2008, 11:26 AM
if you switch ESPiN around you get penis heh

So should we start calling ESPN "PENiS" now?

12/11/2008, 01:21 PM
How about ESPeNisExcellent!

Jacie
12/12/2008, 08:28 AM
We're not the only ones doing this.

There are threads about ESPiN on hornfans.com where they feel like they've been thrown under the bus.

swardboy
12/12/2008, 09:08 AM
I calls 'em as I sees 'em.....and those folks in Connecticut are spinning harder than a whirling dervish.

Lott's Bandana
12/12/2008, 10:12 AM
As long as we have an opinion-based sport, with opinion-based successes and failures, I will continue to banzai-charge manipulative monopolies that use their platform to sway and coerce others to march lockstep with them so they can achieve greater market dominance.

You think it is bad now? In 2111, one network will own broadcast rights to thousands of Southeastern Conference sporting events, as well as have exclusive broadcast rights to the BCS.

Every Heisman and every National Champion they can "create" and then promote illuminates their product.
Wholesome, successful kid from Florida...ya think Disney noticed?

Having said all of that, someday someone from the inside is going to write a book about their hijacking of a sport... confirming all of this.

And it won't matter.

cheezyq
12/12/2008, 11:14 AM
I wouldn't have any problem with ESPN if they merely REPORTED the news, rather than INVENT it.

snp
12/12/2008, 03:32 PM
I hate to be that guy, but what does ESPiN mean?

I disagree with you.

While I do think we need to lay off of ESPN, I don't think we should stop calling them "ESPiN".

We have a name for everyone we don't like, so why not ESPN? That would be just dumb. Should we now have to stop saying "whorns", "Texass", "Aggie Lite", "Sand Aggies", etc.?

I, for one, say f*ck that!

You're not funny or clever when you intentionally misspell a word. Texass and whorns is about as dumb as gooners or UO.

yermom
12/12/2008, 03:50 PM
i disagree

you don't get a lot better than "wh0rn"

and ESPN does make a difference. they have influence on the voters for the Heisman, and on poll voters, this stuff does matter. it's not just some impartial sports network that shows games

Knippz
12/12/2008, 03:53 PM
I hate to be that guy, but what does ESPiN mean?

You're not funny or clever when you intentionally misspell a word. Texass and whorns is about as dumb as gooners or UO.

I'm not the only one who does it buddy. There's many, many other people on this board that do.

snp
12/12/2008, 04:13 PM
I'm not the only one who does it buddy. There's many, many other people on this board that do.

Thanks for giving me pointers on a board I've spent 5+ years on after your first couple months.

I know there's a lot of people who do it - I was speaking to the collective when I said "you".

Knippz
12/12/2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks for giving me pointers on a board I've spent 5+ years on after your first couple months.

I know there's a lot of people who do it - I was speaking to the collective when I said "you".

Well, to each their own. I don't really think it matters whether I say 'whorns' or whatever on a message board. You may not think it's funny, but I, as well as other people, get a small chuckle out of it.

Fiatil
12/12/2008, 05:14 PM
Honestly at this point it feels really weird to see whorn spelled without the w. It's pretty common on these boards.

12/12/2008, 06:09 PM
Honestly at this point it feels really weird to see whorn spelled without the w. It's pretty common on these boards.It has evolved into the correct spelling for that particular group of "people".

Curly Bill
12/12/2008, 07:02 PM
It has evolved into the correct spelling for that particular group of "people".

What group of people?

WHORNS?

Knippz
12/12/2008, 11:59 PM

I'm really intimidated by your 5+ years of posting and correct spelling though. Go call some one out on another board.

Crucifax Autumn
12/13/2008, 12:12 AM
You convinced me. No more ESPiN...

From now on they are known simply as ****tards.

Curly Bill
12/13/2008, 12:15 AM
I've kinda decided I'm going to call whoever I want, whatever I want, irregardless of what someone on here tells me I should do. ;)

tommieharris91
12/13/2008, 12:53 AM
Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this board is a place I don't want to be or patronize. There are two other boards which I believe have at least equivalent football knowledge without the abusive environment. I am taking my business elsewhere.

John W. Helander
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &
eState Auction House Ltd.

Knippz
12/13/2008, 01:14 AM
Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this board is a place I don't want to be or patronize. There are two other boards which I believe have at least equivalent football knowledge without the abusive environment. I am taking my business elsewhere.

John W. Helander
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &
eState Auction House Ltd.

Why?

Curly Bill
12/13/2008, 01:16 AM
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/psfishing/icn-snelled-carp-fishing-hooks.jpg

Whet
12/13/2008, 01:25 AM
Where is John W. Helander now?

he now lives in Spring, Texas!

Crucifax Autumn
12/13/2008, 02:01 AM
I've kinda decided I'm going to call whoever I want, whatever I want, irregardless of what someone on here tells me I should do.

I'm gonna do what everyone tells me. I'll give the horns sown all the time and never give it. I'll yell Sooners at the end of the National Anthem while also standing silently with hat removed. I'll neg people into oblivion and also never give anything but green...

You get the idea...

You can't please all the asshats all of the time, so you might as well **** everyone off on occasion.

SoonerStud615
12/13/2008, 02:22 AM
:pop:

Crucifax Autumn
12/13/2008, 02:28 AM
popcorn and beer...

That's what's going on here...the family's eating popcorn while dad drinks beer.