PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon A Time......

HateTheWhorns
12/11/2008, 12:04 AM
......OU made an impressive run through the Big XII south schedule and played KU, NU, and KSU from the north;

......OU discovered a playmaking QB that flourished in his second season under center;

......OU had a QB that played the last few games of the season injured;

......OU won the Big XII championship game in KC;

......OU finished first in the BCS only to be cast as an underdog in the NC game

......OU headed to Miami to face a superior one-loss team from Florida

......OU had a QB that finished as a runner-up in the Heisman race

......OU surprised the nation by dominating the superior team from Florida.

......OU won the National Championship

2000 Anyone?

Hope I'm wrong about the Heisman race, but this season is shaping up to be eerily similar to our last championship year.

SbOrOiNaEnR
12/11/2008, 12:24 AM
PLEASE knock this crap off. Comparisons to 2000 were all I heard from a girl I knew in 2004, and it left a very bad taste in my mouth.

olevetonahill
12/11/2008, 12:26 AM
PLEASE knock this crap off. Comparisons to 2000 were all I heard from a girl I knew in 2004, and it left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Sounds like you had the wrong thing in the wrong Mouth :eek:

Crucifax Autumn
12/11/2008, 03:51 AM

Is "it" the girl or the comparisons?

But anyway, I'm not big on comparisons either...this one or the ones to 2004.

We're gonna shred 'em though. As has been said enough here they haven't seen an offense like OUrs and this time it's not gonna be a nail-biter where one big play can give 'em hope. They're gonna go down early and once we et a big lead they'll score a FG and We'll notch another TD, they'll score a TD and We'll snag 2. They'll get good field position and we'll intercept. they'll get in the red zone and we'll force a fumble. They'll grab an INT and we'll sacj Tebow twice and then bat down a pass.

We're gonna win and it won't be pretty.

the media will spout off about how it wasn't the UF we saw all year and we'll fir back with the same FU we've been giving them all season.

HateTheWhorns
12/11/2008, 04:23 PM

I missed one.......

........Said Florida team's offensive coordinator accepts a head coaching position prior to the NC game. :D

2000 season anyone?

In 2004 we played a team from California. What's your point :D

I have been to three national championship games and I am 0-3. I went to the '79 OU-Arkie game, '04 Sugar Bowl, and '05 Orange Bowl. I will NOT be at the '09 national championship game in Miami. I did, however, watch the following NC games on TV: 1976 Orange Bowl, 1986 Orange Bowl, 1988 Orange Bowl, and 2001 Orange Bowl. I am 3-1 on NC games watched on TV.

Our odds are much better with me staying home and I feel good about this one.

CtheB
12/11/2008, 05:49 PM
I missed one.......

........Said Florida team's offensive coordinator accepts a head coaching position prior to the NC game. :D

2000 season anyone?

In 2004 we played a team from California. What's your point :D

I have been to three national championship games and I am 0-3. I went to the '78 OU-Arkie game, '04 Sugar Bowl, and '05 Orange Bowl. I will NOT be at the '09 national championship game in Miami. I did, however, watch the following NC games on TV: 1976 Orange Bowl, 1986 Orange Bowl, 1988 Orange Bowl, and 2001 Orange Bowl. I am 3-1 on NC games watched on TV.

Our odds are much better with me staying home and I feel good about this one.

Fixed. We played Nebraska in the 1979 Orange Bowl. Arkansas in the 1978 Orange Bowl. :)

GHOB SOONER
12/11/2008, 06:03 PM
In 2000 we had a stifling defense and a fair offense. "F state" had the reverse. I sat in the middle of a group of noleheads and all I heard early on was how OU had never faced such an offense. Well, OU proved that even a very good offense can be shut down with a great D. Thank Goodness neither of these teams have the quality of D that OU had in 2000. I do believe that our O is superior to Winkie's group. I believe also believe our D will come fired up and ready.

HateTheWhorns
12/11/2008, 06:11 PM
Fixed. We played Nebraska in the 1979 Orange Bowl. Arkansas in the 1978 Orange Bowl. :)

You sir are correct. I was also at the '78 OU-NU game in Lincoln and '79 Orange Bowl against NU, but unfortunately that win did not turn out to be for all the marbles. I stand corrected.

Thanks

HateTheWhorns
12/11/2008, 06:16 PM
In 2000 we had a stifling defense and a fair offense. "F state" had the reverse. I sat in the middle of a group of noleheads and all I heard early on was how OU had never faced such an offense. Well, OU proved that even a very good offense can be shut down with a great D. Thank Goodness neither of these teams have the quality of D that OU had in 2000. I do believe that our O is superior to Winkie's group. I believe also believe our D will come fired up and ready.

You may also recall that our 2000 D was not necessarily stifling in every outing. We gave up considerable yards and points in both KSU games and the TAMU game. While I felt better about our 2000 D going into the NC game (compared to our current D), I do feel like our D has the potential to play at the level it demonstrated this year against TT and MU.

If you go to the game this year, hopefully you will have a similar experience :D

TheUnnamedSooner
12/11/2008, 06:20 PM
Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember having a loss in 2000...

Widescreen
12/11/2008, 06:40 PM
The breakdown in all this happens on the Heisman. Sam's going to win. So one of the Florida LB's are going to have to "get his boy's trophy back".

GHOB SOONER
12/11/2008, 06:49 PM
You may also recall that our 2000 D was not necessarily stifling in every outing. We gave up considerable yards and points in both KSU games and the TAMU game. While I felt better about our 2000 D going into the NC game (compared to our current D), I do feel like our D has the potential to play at the level it demonstrated this year against TT and MU.

If you go to the game this year, hopefully you will have a similar experience :D

I agree both defenses 2000 & 2008 improved right up to the big game. I hope this D has their best game yet. That will put a nail in the coffin.

GHOB SOONER
12/11/2008, 06:55 PM

I'm not going to make it this year, however, if you go.....Please Scream DEFENSE a couple times for me.

SbOrOiNaEnR
12/11/2008, 06:56 PM
I blame the double post on the slow-*** board.

SbOrOiNaEnR
12/11/2008, 06:57 PM
The breakdown in all this happens on the Heisman. Sam's going to win. So one of the Florida LB's are going to have to "get his boy's trophy back".

Screw that. Tebow already has one. What the hell does he need two for? Didn't they teach him to share on all those mission trips? ;)

Widescreen
12/11/2008, 07:02 PM
Tebow already has one.

That reminds me of this scene:

http://www.pythonline.com/files/pythonline/images/Holy%20Grail%20Chuckling%20French%20Guards.preview .jpg

the_ouskull
12/12/2008, 12:05 AM
Brilliant. (The Monty Python reference, not the comparisons to the 2000 team. Those are f*cktarded.)

the_ouskull