PDA

View Full Version : Does ESPN tabulate the Heisman votes themselves & are the voter's votes released?

aurorasooner
12/10/2008, 08:35 PM
I was just wondering if the Heisman voter's votes were released for publication so each individual voter can check that their votes were recorded appropriately and also so the results can be verified by the press?

SPuL
12/10/2008, 08:51 PM
I don't know about EVERY vote. But if you want to see the ones revealed so far.

stiffarmtrophy.com

there should be a link that states who everyone who's ballot is in, and who they voted for. They update it 2-3 times a day.

Deadline for votes is tonight, so either by tommorow night or Friday they should have a good amount of the 926 votes.

tommieharris91
12/10/2008, 10:06 PM
Accounting firm Deloitte & Touche tabulates the ballots, I think...

bri
12/10/2008, 10:52 PM
NO THEY DON'T!! ESPN COUNTS THEM AND FIXES THE RESULTS AND THEN THEY EAT BABIES AND HAVE GAY BLOOD ORGIES AND AARGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHH I'M AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For f*ck's sake, just shut up shut up shut up. I'd say you sound like aggy, but for the first time in my life I don't want to insult aggy that badly.

aurorasooner
12/10/2008, 11:40 PM
Geez. Do you work for ESPiN? As I've seen published today this is supposed to be by far the closest Heisman vote ever. Also since the talking heads were beotching about being able to see the coach's vote (which were released only after the final poll) and were able to scrutinize each individual coach's vote and a couple of articles even tried to establish a pattern (which I didn't see), I just wondered if the Heisman voting had any similar checks and balances outside of only ESPiN. Go take an Ativan.

bri
12/10/2008, 11:51 PM
Okay, in order:

1) It's "ESPN". No "i".
2) THEY ONLY TELEVISE THE F*CKING THING.
3) The Heisman Memorial Trophy Award is given out by the Downtown Athletic Club of New York. NOT ESPN.
4) The ballots are sent out, collected, and counted by Deloitte. NOT ESPN.

So, to sum up, you're a f*cking idiot who is reflecting poorly on the rest of us. Shut the f*ck up and go sit in the corner until kickoff.

tommieharris91
12/10/2008, 11:58 PM
Bri: Internet winner.

I'm only adding a second paragraph so that I can center every other paragraph like aurorasooner.

Thank you for stretching the page Bri.

KingDavid
12/10/2008, 11:59 PM
Okay, in order:

1) It's "ESPN". No "i".
3) The Heisman Memorial Trophy Award is given out by the Downtown Athletic Club of New York. NOT ESPN.

So, to sum up, you're a f*cking idiot who is reflecting poorly on the rest of us. Shut the f*ck up and go sit in the corner until kickoff.

You'll get no argument from me about sending Aurora to one corner of the room; however, in terms of "reflecting poorly on the rest of us," perhaps you need to go sit in time-out for a bit yourself, Bri.

Geez Louise. Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the Red River.

aurorasooner
12/11/2008, 12:31 AM
I was under the impression that the DAC went bankrupt in the early 2000s and the Heisman Trophy was sold and I thought I read somewhere that ESPiN bailed out the Heisman Trophy as I remember a board debate which had hoped that the NCAA would or should've taken control of the trophy as it is general viewed as the highest award for a CFB player, and shouldn't be be under the supervision of any individual sports network. I had no idea how the Heisman voting was tabulated, or who tabulated the votes or if the individual voters votes were released as the individual coach's votes were in the final coach's poll.

Crucifax Autumn
12/11/2008, 04:29 AM
Jesus wept...

http://www.horrordvds.com/reviews/a-m/hellraiser/hellraiser_shot6l.jpg

AlbqSooner
12/11/2008, 07:00 AM
Once all the votes are in, they are tabulated and hermetically sealed in a mayonaise jar which is kept on the back porch at Arthur Andersen Accounting Services until the time of the ceremony.

RacerX
12/11/2008, 07:39 AM
I was under the impression that the DAC went bankrupt in the early 2000s and the Heisman Trophy was sold and I thought I read somewhere that ESPiN bailed out the Heisman Trophy as I remember a board debate which had hoped that the NCAA would or should've taken control of the trophy as it is general viewed as the highest award for a CFB player, and shouldn't be be under the supervision of any individual sports network. I had no idea how the Heisman voting was tabulated, or who tabulated the votes or if the individual voters votes were released as the individual coach's votes were in the final coach's poll.

I guess you had no idea because the Google was broken?

http://www.heisman.com/history/balloting.html

bri
12/11/2008, 08:15 AM
Dude, why look up actual facts and sh*t when you can just posit another idiotic "conspiracy theory" in its stead?

Harry Beanbag
12/11/2008, 08:20 AM
Exactly. Why be a mature adult when you can be a total cocknozzle to anybody on the internet with no repercussions?

Turd_Ferguson
12/11/2008, 08:46 AM
heh. Cocknozzle....I like that....the word that is.

fossil
12/11/2008, 08:54 AM
Okay, in order:

1) It's "ESPN". No "i".

:confused: Geez Bri, who pissed in your Wheaties????

Turd_Ferguson
12/11/2008, 09:07 AM
:confused: Geez Bri, who pissed in your Wheaties????yeah Bri, who took the jam out of your jelly doughnut:confused:

RacerX
12/11/2008, 09:29 AM
guys, I didn't understand what was going until I read the thread where aurora think ESPN decides who gets invited to the cermony.

XingTheRubicon
12/11/2008, 09:34 AM
Okay, in order:

1) It's "ESPN". No "i".

I'm sure there's an (IWE) Internet Warrior Exemption, but isn't this against the rules for everyone....

Personal attacks on other posters, including name-calling, vulgar or not, are strictly prohibited and may result in suspension of posting privileges or banning from the board.

KABOOKIE
12/11/2008, 10:39 AM
Did mom say move out?

Boarder
12/12/2008, 02:37 PM
Yeah, Bri. Who bowled in your place during the 7th frame?

starclassic tama
12/12/2008, 04:29 PM
bri seems like the kinda guy who wants everyone to know how smart he is at all times and flips out and insults people for not recognizing his self proclaimed genius. in short, a real winner.

Boarder
12/12/2008, 10:57 PM
Yeah Bri, who put a crease in your 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr Rookie card?