PDA

View Full Version : Do you see any new Offensive Plays the NCG

CarolinaSoonerFan
12/10/2008, 05:30 PM
I would love to see us run the bone on third and short. I think it would confuse Florida's D. It might also be a good call for a two point conversion if needed.

Tell me what you think.

Cappy
12/10/2008, 05:37 PM
I would love to see Murray continue a wheel route if we are getting man coverage from a linebacker. One of our big plays has been dumping it to Murray out of the backfield on short 3rd down since he can usually pick up a couple yards when in the open field. But if Sam held onto it a little longer and Murray turned upfield, I think it could be a big play and keep Florida's linebackers on their heels the rest of the game.

Soonersince57
12/10/2008, 05:38 PM
Hmmm. Have Brown at quarterback, Clapp at fullback, and Madu and Murray at halfbacks - - - could be interesting. Any of you old boners (I mean wishbone guys and I'm including myself) think so?

BornandBred
12/10/2008, 05:42 PM
I'd love to see Broyles get the ball a bit more. He always seems to be a juke away from breaking a big one.

Also, it would make me happy if we ran the hook and latter for 6. But, I'm still bitter..

NorCaligator
12/10/2008, 05:43 PM
I think Florida will run a lot of plays you haven't seen before. :D At least I hope so.

As a Gator, one of my worries is your hurry up offense. You guys start pressing on the gas pedal and just don't let up, especially when you get someone back on their heels. I'm real interested in seeing how Florida deals with that.

oupride
12/10/2008, 05:46 PM
Murray HB option to Gresham.

oupride
12/10/2008, 05:49 PM
I would love to see us run the bone on third and short. I think it would confuse Florida's D. It might also be a good call for a two point conversion if needed.

Tell me what you think.
Don't think you will see the bone. If Bob liked it, I think we would have seen it before now.

Partial Qualifier
12/10/2008, 05:51 PM
We'd lose any element of surprise as soon as we lined up with someone besides Sam at QB. Plus FLA's got too much speed on D for that to be effective.

/wet towel

;)

tigepilot
12/10/2008, 05:52 PM
Wishbone was the coolest when the quarterback would pitch the ball JUST as he was taking a teeth rattling blow... and the the halfback would catch the pitch and glide past defenders.

I don't want to see our quartback take those kinda of hits. I used to love that offense but it's not worth risky even for one play with the type of player we have back there right now.

Some of my favourite playes we now run are screens. Wish we ran a few more shovel passes like we did in the early part of the this decade because I liked those too.

yermom
12/10/2008, 06:08 PM
the only time i have seen a prettier shovel pass than Heupel to Q was Alex Smith at Utah (under Meyer)

MojoRisen
12/10/2008, 06:13 PM
We will see some Gresham Reverse, and maybe a fumble rooskie...

I think Murray could be one of our better recievers if you have watched his HIghlights- I know we mostly have :) so I like that wheel route or any deep balls his way as his hands are like glue and he has a 40 inch vertical.

85sooners
12/10/2008, 06:21 PM
flea flicker to gresham!!!

meoveryouxinfinity
12/10/2008, 06:32 PM

I think Murray could be one of our better recievers if you have watched his HIghlights- I know we mostly have :) so I like that wheel route or any deep balls his way as his hands are like glue and he has a 40 inch vertical.

Have you seen Gresham run? The giant is down right SLOW.

Frozen Sooner
12/10/2008, 06:40 PM

The fumblerooski was outlawed back in the 90s. Sorry.

Frozen Sooner
12/10/2008, 06:41 PM

Interesting. Because he looked pretty fast against OSU. And the announcers keep talking about his combination of size and speed.

olevetonahill
12/10/2008, 06:43 PM
We will see Play action , Screens and 1 more that I aint mentioning on here :D

FlatheadSooner
12/10/2008, 06:45 PM
I'm wondering why we haven't seen more play's giving the ball to Clapp? I'd like to see him get a few more touches. He has pretty good wheels for fullback.

shaun4411
12/10/2008, 06:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwnkn44rWU

bstuff1979
12/10/2008, 06:50 PM
I don't think there will be many new formations in use, at most maybe one or two. Last year, if I remember correctly, there was one formation used that wasn't in played out of in the regular season (I think it was some sort of a trips-bunch set, but I could be wrong). Over the regular season, I think they ran some out of a two-back shotgun set. That would be nice to see again, but I don't think it changes things all that much for the D. What we may see is a couple of different route(s) as well as two or three different run-blocking schemes (or at least I can hope). If I were Stoops, and obviously I'm not even in the same ballpark, I'd be more concerned with perfecting what's already in place. That being said, I think there's a chance we'll see a couple of new formations. No new plays, just new formations that should try and create mismatches. The no-huddle would normally hinder this (you can't really sub in and out that well when you're in the no-huddle), but when you got guys like Gresham, Clapp, Murray, and Eldridge that can play multiple positions if need be, it should be do-able. Maybe some Pistol formation?

yermom
12/10/2008, 06:59 PM

see the last play in the highlights :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=282570264

CarolinaSoonerFan
12/10/2008, 07:32 PM
I'd love to see Broyles get the ball a bit more. He always seems to be a juke away from breaking a big one.

Also, it would make me happy if we ran the hook and latter for 6. But, I'm still bitter..

I hear ya on that one....someone at a party asked if I had seen the Boise vs OU game while we were watching the BCS selections and all I had to say was that I hated it.....

BoulderSooner79
12/10/2008, 07:38 PM
Usually, the first thing that gets perfected when running the wishbone is the fumble - I don't see us running the 'bone :)

Greshem is not slow and that is that is one of the reasons the NFL is drooling. Greshem could get deep on a play action fake that freezes the LBs for a beat. On that lucky tip play to Greshem against OSU, he was running a deep pattern and did get behind everyone.

CarolinaSoonerFan
12/10/2008, 07:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwnkn44rWU

Wasn't it Manny in this clip??

CarolinaSoonerFan
12/10/2008, 07:49 PM
Usually, the first thing that gets perfected when running the wishbone is the fumble - I don't see us running the 'bone :)

Greshem is not slow and that is that is one of the reasons the NFL is drooling. Greshem could get deep on a play action fake that freezes the LBs for a beat. On that lucky tip play to Greshem against OSU, he was running a deep pattern and did get behind everyone.

True and we don't want to have any TOs....I still think it would catch them by surprise going from five wide to the bone and we have the athletes to do just that.

meoveryouxinfinity
12/10/2008, 07:51 PM
Interesting. Because he looked pretty fast against OSU. And the announcers keep talking about his combination of size and speed.

Okay, he might be fast for his size. But using him on a reverse? use a small body. Use Manny Johnson. Use Iggy. Use Broyles. Use DM. Or even use CB.

meoveryouxinfinity
12/10/2008, 07:53 PM
see the last play in the highlights :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=282570264

Yeah, but gotta remember the opponent.