PDA

View Full Version : 9

JLEW1818
12/10/2008, 01:28 PM
The number of touchdown passes John Parker Wilson threw this year.

I know you cant totally relate this to Florida...... but it's not hard to have a great defense when the SEC can't throw the ball for ****.

I think Sam is going to destroy this "SEC" defense through the Air.

JLEW1818
12/10/2008, 01:32 PM
I think Florida is similar to Texas. They throw short slant routes and they have a QB that can run.....

Their defense is good, and most likely will contain our run game. If the run is not working, i hope we say **** the run and just let Sam throw. Remember all those 1st and 10 runs against Texas, where we would get no gain:? I can see the same thing happening against Florida.

If the run is not working, screw it and let Sam air some out, and mix in some draws.

MojoRisen
12/10/2008, 01:32 PM
That is a great point! there is no comparision for what Florida has to stop compared to what they needed to do against Bama..

We can run and throw and have multiple options/weapons. I wonder what poison Florida will pick- and I think it is real important for us to adjust and manage the game.

It could be that we want to go ahead and score and quickly and often as possible get a lead and mix in more running.

Florida will come in like a bunch of Heina's spelling- and will be real agressive in my opinion - and in that they have decided on their posion.

catsigater
12/10/2008, 01:43 PM
That is a great point! there is no comparision for what Florida has to stop compared to what they needed to do against Bama..

We can run and throw and have multiple options/weapons. I wonder what poison Florida will pick- and I think it is real important for us to adjust and manage the game.

It could be that we want to go ahead and score and quickly and often as possible get a lead and mix in more running.

Florida will come in like a bunch of Heina's spelling- and will be real agressive in my opinion - and in that they have decided on their posion.

You will not be able to run against us. If we get good pressure on Bradford, it will be a long day for OU. If not, we'll be in a shootout - your only chance to win.

You have not seen a ground game like ours. And if you try to stop it, Murphy and Hernandez will feast on your dbs.

JLEW1818
12/10/2008, 01:45 PM
Okay so please tell me about you DB's if Sam has time to throw????

It's not hard for the SEC to have these great pass defenses, considering how many times the SEC actually passes.

MojoRisen
12/10/2008, 01:49 PM
You will not be able to run against us. If we get good pressure on Bradford, it will be a long day for OU. If not, we'll be in a shootout - your only chance to win.

You have not seen a ground game like ours. And if you try to stop it, Murphy and Hernandez will feast on your dbs.

BAMA did and our Oline and Backs are definitely better. Not to mention are multi - if you are coverng edges- we will take advantage of it...

BoulderSooner79
12/10/2008, 01:50 PM
Bama just plays a different style, so I don't see the SEC CCG providing any meaningful comparison to how the title game will go. Bama had the gators down 20-17 at the start of the 4th qtr and had the game molded into the style they prefer. They were doing the ball control/field position thing effectively and seemed on their way to a win. UF was able to counter the trend and owned the 4th qtr 14-0. It was a classic game and you have to hand it to UF for coming through in the clutch.

I thought OU proved they could play in the 4th too against OSU. I saw that game as a poor man's rematch of the OU/UT game. The running game was working better than against UT, but it was not enough to win or control the game. OU was only up by 3 in the 4th at 44-41 where they were up 35-30 against UT. Box went down with an injury just like RR did against UT. But this time instead of insisting on running when it wasn't working that well, we put the game in Sam's hands and pulled away. Granted OSU is not as good as UT and the run was working better and produced the last garbage TD, but I thought it was important that the team played great when challenged late and the coaches were not afraid to keep attacking. We may need that in the last game.

JLEW1818
12/10/2008, 01:52 PM
Like I said before, OUr O-Line makes or breaks us .

Partial Qualifier
12/10/2008, 01:53 PM
Say what you will, but that "SACKS IN THE CITY -- SARAH PARKER-WILSON" sign at Gameday was awesome :)

MojoRisen
12/10/2008, 01:57 PM
I like to call her Sausage head...

Turnovers will be key, We need some and can't let Florida get one early while we are feeling them out on D...

sooner518
12/10/2008, 01:59 PM
Bama's style was throw for 5 yards on 3rd and 10.

To use the announcers language, "John Parker Wilson is an excellent game manager". IE, he is not very good but doesnt throw a bunch of interceptions.

Not saying that this means we will torch the Gator D, but Bradford is world's better than JP Wilson

Crimson_Balls
12/10/2008, 02:10 PM

gay