DB - Darrell Stuckey, Kansas
DB - Lendy Holmes, Oklahoma
DB - Daniel Charbonnet, Texas Tech

AP - Jeremy Maclin, Missouri

KR - Perrish Cox, Oklahoma State
PR - Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State
K- Jeff Wolfert, Missouri
P- Justin Brantley, Texas A&M

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/big12/0-5-92/Seven-Sooners-head-ESPN-com-s-All-Big-12-team.html?post=true

JLEW1818
12/10/2008, 12:58 PM
lol, I'm not even going to start.

Sam won first team big 12 on the only one that matters, and offensive player of the year.

ClintonSooner
12/10/2008, 01:03 PM
the dirty souf is well represented

JLEW1818
12/10/2008, 01:06 PM
So no matter how many 1st team big 12 teams that colt is on, it does not matter.

Sam Bradford is/was first team big 12 this season. end of story.

oupride
12/10/2008, 01:15 PM
Colt is just a token. Again, take Colt off the list and how many TX players are there?

oumartin
12/10/2008, 01:16 PM
only thing that matters is #8

JLEW1818
12/10/2008, 01:21 PM
I'm sure Mark May pulled that list out of his vagina too. ahahaha

stoopified
12/10/2008, 03:03 PM
I'm sure Mark May pulled that list out of his Maygina too. ahahahaFixed.

TexasLidig8r
12/10/2008, 03:13 PM
Jlew.. relax a bit and put down your "I hate Everything Associated with UT and ESPN" hat for a bit.

Colt and Bradford both had transcendent years. Both are very deserving. Both are excellent representatives not only of each university, but of college football in general.

BillyBall
12/10/2008, 03:17 PM
How in Gods name does Gerald McCoy not make first team?

OU_Sooners75
12/10/2008, 03:18 PM
LOL

Just confirms ESPN's stupidity.

OU_Sooners75
12/10/2008, 03:20 PM
Jlew.. relax a bit and put down your "I hate Everything Associated with UT and ESPN" hat for a bit.

Colt and Bradford both had transcendent years. Both are very deserving. Both are excellent representatives not only of each university, but of college football in general.

You add everything up for Colt McCoy, he does not come close to Bradford's passing stats.

I am tired of everyone thinking McCoy is the next Vince Young.

I also find it funny when the dumb****s from ESPiN say McCoy has no good WRs or TE.

soonervegas
12/10/2008, 03:24 PM
only thing that matters is #8

I would trade in any 1st team All-American selections, Heisman's, etc. for that.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/10/2008, 06:33 PM
Because I would much rather start building a defensive backfield with-

DB - Darcel McBath, Texas Tech
-or-
DB - Darrell Stuckey, Kansas
-or-
DB - Daniel Charbonnet, Texas Tech

before Nic Harris. Right? I mean, especially after Charbonnet, for instance, did such a magnificent shut-down job on OU's second-team all-conference receivers, while poor Nic struggled mightily trying to get anything done against Texas Tech's All-American Michael Crabtree and their host of receivers.

Right?

And I know you all have already caught it... But I'm going to just say it:

OU 7
UT 2

You're right ESPN, we're wrong. Texas definitely should have gone to the Big XII Championship because they are clearly the better team.

Man, I'd like a Wayne Brady to choke hisself a ESPN beyotch!

TexasLidig8r
12/11/2008, 09:28 AM
You add everything up for Colt McCoy, he does not come close to Bradford's passing stats.

I am tired of everyone thinking McCoy is the next Vince Young.

I also find it funny when the dumb****s from ESPiN say McCoy has no good WRs or TE.

No one is saying Colt is the next Vince Young.

Even using ESPN's All Big XII team as a barometer (and we all know how much ESPN hates OU and will job you any possible way they can)...

OU has FOUR persons on the first team offense.
Texas has none.

Can you even name Texas' tight end?
Gresham is going to be playing on Sundays.

Iglesias and Johnson are better athletes than Ship and Cosby. Ship and Cosby are both possession receivers. Our "stretch the field" receivers were very green freshmen.

OU returned an in tact, experienced, all senior offensive line. This resulted in Bradford being sacked only 11 times all year. Colt was harried more, hit more often, was sacked 22 times, had to throw on the run far more often.

OU's stable of running backs became very effective (what.. 2 - 1,000 yard rushers?) and except against Texas, played well all year.
Texas' leading rusher was.. Colt.

Therefore, arguably, Bradford had much better running backs, a far superior tight end, an experienced offensive line, experienced, athletic wide receivers and a coach who was willing to leave him in the game long after the game had been decided.

All Colt did this past year was.. win. He won with his arm, he won with his legs, he won with his decision making.

You add up all of the tangibles and intangibles for Colt this past year and he had a great year.

XFollower
12/11/2008, 09:50 AM
When Colt grows up, he wants to be like Sam.

Knippz
12/11/2008, 10:32 AM
What's wrong with that list? We have 7 guys on it, including Travis and DeMarco, who didn't get as much love as I had hoped them to.

We almost all agreed that any award that Colt wins over Sam is not a big deal, because Colt's a great player too.

It's not all about Sam. (Though he is still the most amazing thing ever...)

Knippz
12/11/2008, 10:35 AM
^^^^

TXBOOMER
12/11/2008, 10:36 AM
[QUOTE=TexasLidig8r;2525119]No one is saying Colt is the next Vince Young.

There is no doubt Colt had a great year and is a good QB. Who do you honestly think is a better QB between he and Sam? Let's say you are starting up a team and need a QB who do you take Colt or Bradford?

When I take my crimson colored glasses off, I still see Bradford as the best.

badger
12/11/2008, 10:36 AM
I have no problem sharing local townie awards with the Texans. I would much rather win the big prize :)

Knippz
12/11/2008, 10:42 AM
Besides, when people go to look up the archived All-Big 12 team of 2008, NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE is going to look at ESPiN's All-Big 12 team.

TexasLidig8r
12/11/2008, 12:59 PM
[quote=TexasLidig8r;2525119]No one is saying Colt is the next Vince Young.

There is no doubt Colt had a great year and is a good QB. Who do you honestly think is a better QB between he and Sam? Let's say you are starting up a team and need a QB who do you take Colt or Bradford?

When I take my crimson colored glasses off, I still see Bradford as the best.

How would Bradford have done with Texas offensive line, running backs and wide receivers and no tight end to speak of?

Now.. how would Colt have done with OU's weapons?

Who is better? Each excels at different things. Colt is a better runner... Colt had to improvise more this past year. Bradford has a stronger arm.

badger
12/11/2008, 01:11 PM
How would Bradford have done with Texas offensive line, running backs and wide receivers and no tight end to speak of?

Who is better? Each excels at different things. Colt is a better runner... Colt had to improvise more this past year. Bradford has a stronger arm.

It's not Sam's fault all of your state's talent wants to play in Oklahoma :)

Knippz
12/11/2008, 01:12 PM
[quote=TXBOOMER;2525203]

You can't prove that Colt is a better runner. He just had to run more because Texass has no RBs.

PalmBeachSooner
12/11/2008, 01:22 PM
You're right ESPN, we're wrong. Texas definitely should have gone to the Big XII Championship because they are clearly the better team.

I don't recall them saying UT is clearly better than us or anything like that. They are of the opinion that UT should have gone because they beat us on the field.

TexasLidig8r
12/11/2008, 02:27 PM
[quote=TexasLidig8r;2525370]

You can't prove that Colt is a better runner. He just had to run more because Texass has no RBs.

Well.. other than Texas' offense has designed running plays for the quarterback... QB draws, zone reads, options. All plays that go to one of Colt's strengths.

Bradford could not consistently run these plays since that is not a strength.

If you aren't objective enough to see that Colt is a better runner than Bradford... well. resume your Crimson glasses posting.

Knippz
12/11/2008, 02:50 PM
[quote=Knippz;2525383]

Well.. other than Texas' offense has designed running plays for the quarterback... QB draws, zone reads, options. All plays that go to one of Colt's strengths.

Bradford could not consistently run these plays since that is not a strength.

If you aren't objective enough to see that Colt is a better runner than Bradford... well. resume your Crimson glasses posting.

No, I'm just logical enough to think that we don't need Sam to run, because we have 2 1000 yard backs.

Honestly, Colt is probably a better runner than Sam.

But you still can't prove it!!! :P

Bosley
12/11/2008, 04:49 PM
No one is saying Colt is the next Vince Young.

Even using ESPN's All Big XII team as a barometer (and we all know how much ESPN hates OU and will job you any possible way they can)...

OU has FOUR persons on the first team offense.
Texas has none.

Can you even name Texas' tight end?
Gresham is going to be playing on Sundays.

Iglesias and Johnson are better athletes than Ship and Cosby. Ship and Cosby are both possession receivers. Our "stretch the field" receivers were very green freshmen.

OU returned an in tact, experienced, all senior offensive line. This resulted in Bradford being sacked only 11 times all year. Colt was harried more, hit more often, was sacked 22 times, had to throw on the run far more often.

OU's stable of running backs became very effective (what.. 2 - 1,000 yard rushers?) and except against Texas, played well all year.
Texas' leading rusher was.. Colt.

Therefore, arguably, Bradford had much better running backs, a far superior tight end, an experienced offensive line, experienced, athletic wide receivers and a coach who was willing to leave him in the game long after the game had been decided.

All Colt did this past year was.. win. He won with his arm, he won with his legs, he won with his decision making.

You add up all of the tangibles and intangibles for Colt this past year and he had a great year.

I find it laughable at best that texas with their top 5 recruiting every year can use the excuse that McCoy does more with less. Year in and year out UT pulls in the top recruits in the country. Oklahoma typically takes 3 and 4 stars and develops them into better players. Every time I hear about UT and their lack of running game I just chuckle, how does a team in the hot bed of recruiting not have one player with more than 600 yards? Our 3rd string running back has more yards than that.

BanjoCharley
12/11/2008, 04:52 PM
Take two players from OU and put them on the Texas team. That would make Texas better, maybe a lot, maybe just a tiny bit but better.

Those two players are Chris Brown and DeMarco Murray. Replay the season and Colt's numbers rushing and passing go down. Fewer running attempts (running shifts to the two RBs) fewer passing attempts (passing plays switch to running plays.)

kevpks
12/11/2008, 06:38 PM

The biggest thing Colt has going for him is that he has been able to compensate for Mack forgetting how to recruit/develop decent runningbacks. I would not hestitate to say that OU has four runningbacks (Murray, Brown, Madu, Calhoun) on campus better than anyone on the Texas roster. And you can't blame us for stealin' your Texas high school players either. I believe only Calhoun is from the Great StATAN known as Texas.