PDA

View Full Version : Stoops on the Hot Seat? LMAO

Soonersince57
12/10/2008, 11:11 AM
According to the Pokes:

OK, let's say that my prediction comes true with the win in Norman. Stoops then loses to ut and oSu in the same year dropping them to 4th in the south. Plus ou's rival wins the division. Do they start calling for his head? Especially if they happen to get drilled in another BCS game to Floriday this year.

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=62544

SoonerE39
12/10/2008, 11:14 AM
Is this one of this questions like "If Santa, the Easter Bunny and the tooth fairy met up..."

Hot Rod
12/10/2008, 11:17 AM
They love to dream...

boomersooner28
12/10/2008, 11:24 AM
Yeah, 6 Big 12 Championships in 10 years and Stoops' seat is hot? He could lose every game next year and his seat would still be as hot as the north pole!

(ok, well maybe not, but you get my point :D )

sooner518
12/10/2008, 11:24 AM
gawd this is so aggy. already prognosticating greatness.....NEXT YEAR

hahahaha

1890MilesToNorman
12/10/2008, 11:27 AM
If Bob doesn't win this BCS game he is gonna be on my shat list! :D

tommieharris91
12/10/2008, 11:33 AM
You know they have a bad basketball team when they start looking forward to next football season.

They aren't winning in Norman. If they show up there undefeated, Owen Field will be louder than the Tech game was on that day.

A-M
12/10/2008, 11:38 AM
I really should go to their board everyday and read it for a few minutes. Laughing so much is such a great way to start my day. Thanks for the post that make me laugh out loud.

O-town Gator
12/10/2008, 12:07 PM
According to the Pokes:

OK, let's say that my prediction comes true with the win in Norman. Stoops then loses to ut and oSu in the same year dropping them to 4th in the south. Plus ou's rival wins the division. Do they start calling for his head? Especially if they happen to get drilled in another BCS game to Floriday this year.

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=62544

LOL - Almost sounds like some Vol fans who started talking silly smack about the same thing going to happen to Urban Meyer since they went and hired Lane Kiffin.

Based on his career record at Oklahoma, Bob Stoops has nothing to worry about. Hell, he's one of the top 10 all-time winningest coaches in recent years.

JLEW1818
12/10/2008, 12:20 PM
Stoops has now been to 7 BCS Bowls.............WOW... has anybody else with a conference championship in their conference, done that?

Widescreen
12/10/2008, 12:21 PM
So they've gone from "We're gonna be good NEXT YEAR" to "They're gonna be bad NEXT YEAR".

Being an aggy fan must be a horrible thing.

oupride
12/10/2008, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the post

adoniijahsooner
12/10/2008, 12:37 PM
I use to wonder about the saying that someone "sounds like an aggie", but know after reading that crap, it is a wonder they are not going through keyboards because of the constant tears running down their faces. Some of those are unbelievable.

"We will play them in Norman to inflate their stats.

I am kind of tired of marking it down. I marked it down that we would win the south this year. I marked it down we would beat Tech this year. I marked down that we would beat uo in Stillwater this year.

I'll mark it down when I see it."

yermom
12/10/2008, 12:40 PM
LOL - Almost sounds like some Vol fans who started talking silly smack about the same thing going to happen to Urban Meyer since they went and hired Lane Kiffin.

Based on his career record at Oklahoma, Bob Stoops has nothing to worry about. Hell, he's one of the top 10 all-time winningest coaches in recent years.

top-10?

i think it's more like top-2

they are one of the 2 losses in Norman during his tenure though. of course, our defense was our offensive MVP at the end of that season...

adoniijahsooner
12/10/2008, 12:41 PM
Why does orangepower have pictures of other teams coaches on their icon? That's pretty sad.

Stitch Face
12/10/2008, 01:30 PM
This is my favorite:

One thing we will have to deal with next year is opposing teams getting up for us. I imagine we will be ranked in the top 10 or close to start the season. As everyone knows in college sports, it is hard to play with a bullseye on our back!! I think this is a big factor as to how well we do next year b/c many chips are in place with our schedule to make next year special!!

tommieharris91
12/10/2008, 01:59 PM
They actually have a point there. They will get back a lot of their best players on offense.

1890MilesToNorman
12/10/2008, 02:05 PM
Bulls-eye on their back? Humm, more like bullshiet on their back. They have no idea how to play with everyone gunning to knock you off. It's a different level of play.

CarolinaSoonerFan
12/10/2008, 02:18 PM
Next year the Cubs win the World Series too!!!!

cheezyq
12/10/2008, 02:33 PM
Here is my favorite:

I know it sounds whiny, but man it's not fair that OU only has three away games every year in conference play. The RRR makes their schedule so much easier. Not fair.

First of all, yes it is whiny. Boo-friggin-hoo. Second, this year we played Baylor, Kansas State, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma State on the road this year. Someone should tell that moron that it alternates between a home/away game every year.

NCSooner18
12/10/2008, 06:29 PM
"Plus ou's rival wins the division"

Someone should remind them that Texas is our rival, not them.