PDA

View Full Version : For the Xs and Os Guys - Interesting Article about Florida

westcoast_sooner
12/10/2008, 01:22 AM
I ran across this blog I read from time to time. The author has some good info on the Spread offense and various plays - really more stuff than I can absorb in reading them over and over - but for the Xs and Os guys they might be interested.

The latest post is focuses on the Urban Meyer spread offense, various plays etc. A couple of good clips from their games this season showcase blocking schemes of plays he diagrams.

I'm sure our coaching staff will use all their film etc. but for those of us that don't have access and want to understand a little more about football I think this is pretty good.

http://smartfootball.blogspot.com

Crucifax Autumn
12/10/2008, 02:35 AM
Interesting article, but the spread described is IMO different from a lot of what we see in the Big 12 version.

That said, what team in college football has more experience defending against the many different wrinkles of the spread than OU?

And the very idea that KW's O at Northwestern was one of the ones rural meyer studied to create his version tells me we have a bit of inside knowledge of the inner workings even before watching film.