PDA

View Full Version : Bradford has too many weapons?What a crock!

stoopified
12/9/2008, 09:16 PM
If I hear one more talking head say Sam has too many weapons on this OU team to win the Heisman I am going to scream.Where do they come up with this sh!t?Check the AP and Coaches all conference teams.OU has (3) first team picks(aside from Sam) at the skill positions TOTAL(Clapp.Gresham,Murray) and NONE of them are on both teams.IF we have so much more skill position talent helping Sam,why isn't Murray all-conference on both teams?Gresham? Iglesias?Brown?

Harris County Sooner
12/9/2008, 09:26 PM
With Joey Halzle (or whoever) and these so called "weapons" the Sooners couldn't score 60 on a good highschool team.

Please, I am not knocking Joey or the "weapons".

IronSoonerMan
12/9/2008, 09:28 PM
I hear Ya. When They found out that They couldnt keep the Sooners out of the NC They just switched gears to the Heisman!

^*\~><~/*^
12/9/2008, 09:32 PM
Total B.S......the media is reaching to find some way to downgrade Bradford's excellent and Heisman deserving season.

tommieharris91
12/9/2008, 09:41 PM
If they have so many weapons, then they can't say that OU is undeserving of being in the championship game at the same time.

hobbes2702
12/9/2008, 09:41 PM
Iglesias, Grasham, Johnson, Broyles, Murray, Madu, Brown. Yall have a ton of weapons. You don't have Crabtree but you have 5 WRs that would be all conference in any other conference

hobbes2702
12/9/2008, 09:42 PM
And don't forget the best pass blocking OLine in the country

stoopified
12/9/2008, 09:45 PM
Please, I am not knocking Joey or the "weapons".In fairness to Joey OU did score 27 on TT last year with all those weapons,funny thing is with Sam the total was 62.Obviously you guys are intelligent in the extreme as you understand my point totally. :)

aurorasooner
12/9/2008, 09:52 PM
Agree these are just excuses that some hacks/talking heads are using to try and influence other Heisman pollsters from voting for him. It'll be over tomorrow since the all the votes have to be in, so maybe some of this ESPiN and Hack crowing will subside.

cpayan
12/9/2008, 09:52 PM
The All Conference teams in any conference usually spread the wealth around teams. Of course they're not going to load up on one team.

valsooner
12/9/2008, 09:58 PM
We have 5 wide outs talked about for the big 12 team.

We have 2 running backs talked about for the big 12 team.

I expect to hear the same scream for Colt Mccoy..

He was the leading rusher for TEXAS.

All the politicking, all the completion percentage aside.....

Texas is proud to say their QB with 576 yrds on the season is the leadin g rusher for the team?

Goodness alive, our 3rd string Mossis Madu damn near ran for that much.

The two wr for Texas made it because...

Because...

they are Texas.

FirstandGoal
12/9/2008, 09:59 PM
Total B.S......the media is reaching to find some way to bedowngrade Bradford's excellent and Heisman deserving season.

fixed

SoonerLB
12/9/2008, 10:00 PM
But, .................. but, ............ we're OKLAHOMA!

That's how we play football.

Our QB doesn't have to run for his life on every play, or carry his team on his shoulders.

bluedogok
12/9/2008, 11:32 PM
If "too many weapons" is a criteria for exclusion then how did Carson Palmer, Matt Lienert, (Reggie Bush as well) and some of those Miami QB's back when they had NFL players stockpiled 3 deep win it?

hobbes2702
12/10/2008, 01:12 AM
No one is saying that he doesn't deserve it. They are saying that Colt has lower stats because he is playing with fewer weapons. Everyone know Sam is great and they are simply saying why Colt (who is just as good and deserving) has lower stats than Sam Bradford

jwlynn64
12/10/2008, 01:24 AM
In fairness to Joey OU did score 27 on TT last year with all those weapons,funny thing is with Sam the total was 62.Obviously you guys are intelligent in the extreme as you understand my point totally. :)

Come on Stoopified, everyone knows that home field advantage is worth 35 points! ;)

SoonerNerd
12/10/2008, 01:34 AM
If "too many weapons" is a criteria for exclusion then how did Carson Palmer, Matt Lienert, (Reggie Bush as well) and some of those Miami QB's back when they had NFL players stockpiled 3 deep win it?

Because that was a few years ago, before everyone realized just how much they loved Colt McCoy and Texas...

//end sarcasm

Forget the bronze, Sam wants the crystal!

Go Sooners!

rainiersooner
12/10/2008, 02:03 AM
Yup, Sam has too many weapons, and we beat TT so badly, we removed ourselves from the three way tie analysis. Darn it! We are too good for our own good!

Crucifax Autumn
12/10/2008, 02:45 AM
Screw 'em all. Give us the BCS title this year and then give Sam the bronze next year while the media sucks our collective asses leading up to #9.

Jacie
12/10/2008, 08:09 AM
So the criteria for the Heisman Trophy now includes your team and how much they contributed?

Oh heck, then the leading candidate for the Heisman should be . . .

Mike Bradtner, quarterback at Iowa State.

The Bradtner Line:

2 games played, 1 pass attempted, 1 pass completed for a 22-yard game, average 11 yards/game, QB Rating=284.8 and he completed 100% of his passes, no interceptions.

I am fairly certain Bradtner had fewer weapons than Colt McCoy and he beats the hell out of him on QB rating and completion percentage.

stoopified
12/10/2008, 11:48 AM
Come on Stoopified, everyone knows that home field advantage is worth 35 points! ;)You are right,my bad. WTF was I thinking? :D

JLEW1818
12/10/2008, 11:54 AM
Ya, I tried to explain this was week. Stupid Mark May said the same thing..... but oh well **** it give the Heisman away, I don't care anymore. If Sam can't win it with those numbers its a joke...

Again I would honestly kick the **** out of Mark May if I saw him in Public.

mhackl
12/10/2008, 01:11 PM
I like how they're also saying they Jason White didn't deserve his. Heard this from Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, Mke Mayock, and another fella on ESPNU but I can't remember his name.

bluedogok
12/10/2008, 01:17 PM
What does Kiper and McShay do? They are NFL draftniks, their entire focus and careers have been built on the draft. I can see why they think that and probably do about Gino Toretta, Charlie Ward (even though he went onto play in the NBA) and other QB winners who went on to less than stellar or no NFL career. What those type forget is that the Heisman is supposed to be the best COLLEGE player and not the best pro prospect.

CarolinaSoonerFan
12/10/2008, 02:26 PM
I've always dreamed of working for ESPN here's my audition..........

But come on guys Sam is not as good as McCoy because he didn't have to run for first downs and TDs like Colt did......The only talent he had to show was throwing the ball in a small window to his WRs.......COLT COLT COLT......

DAMN TO MUCH ESPN they're getting inside my head must whine about the whorns>>>>>

Saved by my sarcastic superpowers

oupride
12/10/2008, 03:00 PM
Can you imagine hearing this in 2004? "No one is saying that AD doesn't deserve it. They are saying that Matt Leinart, USC, has lower stats because he is playing with fewer weapons. Everyone know AD is great and they are simply saying why Matt Leinart (who is just as good and deserving) has lower stats than AD."
Now does that make sense to you??

JLEW1818
12/10/2008, 03:02 PM
We need to beat the **** out of Florida. That will shut em all up

TopDawg
12/10/2008, 03:18 PM
Where do they come up with this sh!t?Check the AP and Coaches all conference teams.OU has (3) first team picks(aside from Sam) at the skill positions TOTAL(Clapp.Gresham,Murray) and NONE of them are on both teams.

Well, Texas didn't have any skill position players on the first team and Florida only had 1 other skill position player on the SEC's team. So Bradford does seem to be surrounded by more weapons than McCoy or Tebow.

Plus 3 of our offensive linemen made first team. That's 6 out of a possible 13 spots (in addition to Bradford) on the first team list. Two more made second team. That means that 8 of the 10 people surrounding Bradford are on the first or second team all-conference list.

That's pretty amazing. And so is Sam. He's still a worthy Heisman candidate. In fact, part of the reasons those people are looked at as such dangerous weapons is BECAUSE of Sam. But let's not pretend like he's not surrounded by more weapons than McCoy or Tebow. He is.

OUMallen
12/10/2008, 03:19 PM
Best part: the same people that want to give the Heisman to Colt because Bradford's team is better than Colt's team are the SAME PEOPLE that think Texas should have gone to the Big XII Championship because Texas is better.

HUH!?

TopDawg
12/10/2008, 03:24 PM
Best part: the same people that want to give the Heisman to Colt because Bradford's team is better than Colt's team are the SAME PEOPLE that think Texas should have gone to the Big XII Championship because Texas is better.

HUH!?

Were there really people saying they thought Texas should have gone because they were better? All I heard was the complaining about head-to-head. I never heard anyone say they thought Texas was better. If they did say it, I'd like some of whatever they've got.

OUMallen
12/10/2008, 03:51 PM
Were there really people saying they thought Texas should have gone because they were better? All I heard was the complaining about head-to-head. I never heard anyone say they thought Texas was better. If they did say it, I'd like some of whatever they've got.

I think it's easily implied, TD. It's just ridiculous when you think about it. Oh well. Bienvenidos a Miami!

TopDawg
12/10/2008, 04:00 PM
Yep.

But I guess they could be saying that Bradford "loses points" in the Heisman because of his offensive weapons, but that Texas "gains points" in the Big XII championship race because they have a better team when you look at defense and special teams. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I could see where they're coming from.

But, you're right...who cares? We're going to Miami to make our claim for the biggest award.

Sco
12/10/2008, 06:28 PM
Given the choice, I'll take #8 over the Heisman. Sam's great, but let's get ourselves something better here now - another win on the season.