PDA

View Full Version : SEC championship replay

Sooner02
12/9/2008, 06:38 PM
Tonight at 8 on CBS College Sports if anyone wants to see Florida again before we play them.

ecogator
12/9/2008, 07:26 PM
Tonight at 8 on CBS College Sports if anyone wants to see Florida again before we play them.

Don't know if I'd watch sooners, especially the fourth quarter where we wear down the tougher, more physical bammers. Have you played a physical game? Seriously, just asking.

Sooner02
12/9/2008, 07:31 PM
Don't know if I'd watch sooners, especially the fourth quarter where we wear down the tougher, more physical bammers. Have you played a physical game? Seriously, just asking.
How about you take your smack back, and keep it for Jan. 9? Mmkthx

Whet
12/9/2008, 07:36 PM
I re-ran the OU game last night. We won again! This time I was able to listen to the announcers, watch the crowd, look for signs, and watch how great the Sooners played....

ecogator
12/9/2008, 07:41 PM

How about you take your smack back, and keep it for Jan. 9? Mmkthx

It was just a question. Have there been any physical games that the sooners have played. I've watched the TX and TT games and they look like pinball.

http://www.jacksonville.com/files/u99/SIcoverTebow.jpg

Mr2Cents
12/9/2008, 08:00 PM
Watch with caution, my friends (props to EasyTider on Fark Central for digging up this satirical gem): CBS Announcer Suffers from Tebowner (http://www.serioussportsnewsnetwork.com/2008/12/cbs-announcer-goes-to-hospital-after-tebowner-lasts-for-more-than-four-hours.html)

On a serious note: this was unequivocally the most anticipated SECCG showdown of all time and many expected Bama to wear down the Gators at the point of attack on both sides, which they did for much of the game. Tim Tebow was previously 0-5 in games in which Florida trailed in the fourth quarter, so this was significant in the sense he finally keyed a late Florida rally for the win - without their most dynamic playmaker, Percy Harvin.

Clean game with big hits and major momentum swings. As I alluded on the Fark board, this one took years off our lives, but was one for the ages.

Not sure how this one will prepare us for the Sooners, as I believe your O-line is a step above Bama's and other offensive skill positions are light years ahead.

Looking forward to your opinions.

oupride
12/9/2008, 08:00 PM
What is CBS College Sports? TV? Internet?

Sooner02
12/9/2008, 08:05 PM
What is CBS College Sports? TV? Internet?
It's a tv channel.

OUHOMER
12/9/2008, 08:38 PM
CHANNEL 152 ON DISH

CaliBornSoonerBred
12/9/2008, 09:35 PM
It was just a question. Have there been any physical games that the sooners have played. I've watched the TX and TT games and they look like pinball.

http://www.jacksonville.com/files/u99/SIcoverTebow.jpg

We haven't played any real physical teams all year but the way OUr O line and D has been challenged as of late, they have played with a very physical nature. I have no question about the physicality of both teams and think the conference affiliations have given a skewed perspective of OUr team. Our uptempo offense can play physical when they need to even though they have a "spread" reputation. I'm the last person who wants to talk smack but I do think OUr D is being underestimated for the physical nature they possess. Watching the game right now, I think OUr receivers will take some hits but I think the speed we have will throw the gator D off a bit. The depth we have on the D line will help against the different option formations fla will throw at us. Remember, you have to play sound, contain defense against mizzou, tech, and osu which I think has prepared us for the option look.