PDA

View Full Version : Enough of this (*&^

85Sooner
12/9/2008, 06:10 PM
Is there anywhere that documents how many minutes this season each QB McCoy/Bradford played?

Frozen Sooner
12/9/2008, 06:16 PM
Well, not so much the actual minutes, but ESPN.com's play-by-play of each game has a pretty accurate picture of how far into the fourth quarter each QB took their last snap.

McCoy played in the fourth quarter in one more game than Sam did. I think Sam threw a couple more fourth quarter passes than McCoy did.

Mainly, both of them were either finishing off drives that started in the third or were actually in a close game.

It's pretty tough to fault OU for keeping Bradford in the game until the end of OSU or Texas. Likewise, hard to fault Texas for keeping McCoy in the game until the end of OU or Tech.

badger
12/9/2008, 06:31 PM
In conclusion, our dorky quarterback is far more dorky-in-a-cute way than your dorky-in-an-ugly-way quarterback.

There is no comparison:
http://www.college-gameday.com/uploads/BRADFORDSAM150_5-9.jpg
Straight, white teeth, cute hair, a dorky smile, cute little ears... stick a bow on him and put him under the tree!
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/sioncampus/06/13/hot.not/p1_colt.jpg
Messy hair, acne face, buck teeth, thick eyebrows - don't abandon him on the side of the road, but send him to the pound so that he can at least spend some quality time with Shipley.

SoonerNerd
12/9/2008, 06:43 PM
Colt McCoy looks like Malcolm in the Middle

http://homepages.ius.edu/crothbau/Myspace/malcolminthemiddle.jpg

PDXsooner
12/9/2008, 06:50 PM
straight up -- who cares? What if we did run the score up? I don't believe we did, but if the system encourages that, than who can blame us?

I miss the old days where men were men and you could actually throw punches until the whistle stopped and shake hands afterwards.

I think the media doesn't understand the word "sportsmanship". Most of these no-talent *** clowns were never athletes, and have no idea of the concept of gamesmanship. If I were getting beat by 40 and thought the other team were taking it lightly, I'd be mad as hell, not to mention insulted.

This is a bunch of crap. I'm all for trying to score EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU GET THE BALL!!!

AimForCenterMass
12/9/2008, 07:10 PM
Well, Texas has put up 115 points in the fourth quarter to Oklahoma's 93. The major difference exists in the extra game Oklahoma played. For average, Texas scores 9.58 in the fourth quarter to Oklahoma's 7.15.

I think it's interesting to note that Texas scored 21 in the final quarter of the TAMU game that was already out-of-hand. Comically, even if Texas called off the dogs and blanked the final quarter, they would still be at 94, just higher than OU's total (including the extra game).

21 on TAMU in the fourth quarter -- does this even need to be debated as running up a score?

PDXsooner
12/9/2008, 07:19 PM
any time we score after the opening possession it's considered "running up the score" -- that's the rule. deal with it.

SoonR4Life
12/9/2008, 09:55 PM
Amount of time between the last snap Sam Bradford took and the end of the game.:

22:11 - Chattanooga
4:10 - Cincinnati
16:39 - Washington
4:44 - TCU
7:51 - Baylor
6:41 - Kansas
6:41 - Kansas State
17:01 - Nebraska
21:23 - Texas A&M
13:54 - Texas Tech

Those numbers add up to:
121 minutes, 15 seconds.

That's over 2 hours, more than TWO ENTIRE GAMES that Sam Bradford did not play because he was sitting on the bench.:D

Not sure about this stat for Colt

Boomer Mooner
12/9/2008, 10:01 PM
Amount of time between the last snap Sam Bradford took and the end of the game.:

22:11 - Chattanooga
4:10 - Cincinnati
16:39 - Washington
4:44 - TCU
7:51 - Baylor
6:41 - Kansas
6:41 - Kansas State
17:01 - Nebraska
21:23 - Texas A&M
13:54 - Texas Tech

Those numbers add up to:
121 minutes, 15 seconds.

That's over 2 hours, more than TWO ENTIRE GAMES that Sam Bradford did not play because he was sitting on the bench.:D

Not sure about this stat for Colt

Spec!
Took some time to dig that info up. Thanks for posting it.