PDA

View Full Version : Analogies that even UT fans can follow

Jacie
12/9/2008, 05:14 PM
Who would you say won Peal Harbor? How about the battle at Kasserine Pass?

If you said the Japanese and the Germans you would be correct.

Now, who finished the war strongest and won the right to play for the World Championship?

The United States and the Soviet Union.

The World Championship was eventually won thanks to Coach Ronald Reagan who guided the U.S. team to victory with his innovative bankruptcy offense.

Another thing concerning World War II, does anyone think the U.S. was running up the score when it dropped the bomb on Japan? Or the Soviets when they sacked Berlin?

Do you horns get it now?

SoonerinSouthlake
12/11/2008, 01:40 PM

Now, who finished the war strongest and won the right to play for the World Championship?

The World Championship was eventually won thanks to Coach Ronald Reagan who guided the U.S. team to victory with his innovative bankruptcy offense.

Another thing concerning World War II, does anyone think the U.S. was running up the score when it dropped the bomb on Japan? Or the Soviets when they sacked Berlin?

Do you horns get it now?

even more so...what about the 2nd bomb.

OK2LA
12/13/2008, 10:43 PM
We need Bradford to be dropping about 5-6 bombs on the Gators

the_ouskull
12/15/2008, 05:37 PM
even more so...what about the 2nd bomb.

It was the "F You" play. Any time a team is talking smack, pre-game, and then they wind up getting blown out, there's usually one play that coincides with the proverbial nail in the coffin that is just an "F You" play to the losing team; an absolute show of dominance. Sometimes, like with the New England Patriots last season, they'll toss a couple of extra scores just to remind the other team that they did not, in fact, have ANY business being on the same field. Or when the media is starting to talk about a team not having it anymore... (Listen up, Bob...)

Example? Sure...

2001 - OU v. Tejas. Roy's INT on the series after the Superman play. Like Superman wasn't enough of a back breaker. No, it wasn't. F You, Tejas.

THAT is an "F You" play. I think that the second bomb; the one dropped on Nagasaki, was an "F You" play to the Japanese. Or, as my freedom fighting homies might say, "America, f*ck yeah!"

Although, on a history-related side note that combines and mixes the analogies we've been running with on this thread... If Mangino ever unloads an "F You" play on a team, can we compare it to Nagasaki? The bomb that they dropped over Nagasaki was also known as "the Fat Man." In this P.C. day-and-age, and that's something that I care dearly about; being politically correct and all, would it be wrong of us to reference the Nagasaki weapon just because Mangino has a slight weight problem? It's just some food for thought. Eat it, but don't choke on it. Goodnight, kids.

the_ouskull

BillySims
12/15/2008, 05:41 PM
I SAID BOOMER GOD DAMMIT!

SoonerTerry
12/29/2008, 05:16 PM
SOONER!!!111!!

skcusuo
1/16/2009, 06:12 PM
Not a lot of activity in this thread since your fateful bowl game.

What's the analogy now?

olevetonahill
1/16/2009, 07:17 PM

What's the analogy now?

Saxet Still Succs ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvszLw5ri84

1890MilesToNorman
1/16/2009, 07:56 PM

What's an analogy?

That's where we compare stuff.

sooner59
1/19/2009, 11:29 PM
They are still bummed that they didn't get to beat up in Mizzou again and get a chance to get smoked by Florida. Just a bunch of emo bevos.

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/6627/1212692836318vw0.jpg

skcusuo
1/20/2009, 03:07 PM
I like to hit the quote button and then "wordsmith"...

Did you think of that all by yourself?

skcusuo
1/20/2009, 03:12 PM
They are still bummed that they didn't get to beat up in Mizzou again and get a chance to get smoked by Florida. Just a bunch of emo bevos.

Bummed?

...because we won our bowl game?

...because we beat yOU in the polls?

...and on the field?

Better luck next year - LOL

skcusuo
1/20/2009, 03:21 PM

Do you horns get it now?

When I read this a second time, I actually felt pity for yOU.

I mean, would you even be stooping to such moronic analogies if you had actually won your bowl game

...or even beaten us?

I doubt it.

BTW - how did the WWII countries finally end up in the polls? The analogy kind of falls apart there - wouldn't you say? LOL

skcusuo
1/20/2009, 03:49 PM
what about the 2nd bomb

You mean your bowl loss? - LOL

Jacie
1/21/2009, 09:33 PM
Well, excuseyou or however you pronounce your handle, if you'd looked carefully at the date of the thread starter, you'd have seen that this was posted during the time when the saxet fans, lead by their coach, were engaged in incessant whining over the polls and the relative position of the Sooners being ranked higher than the whorns.

Now it is January, the teams played their bowl games. OU lost in the BCS Championship game, a game going in that 117 other teams (including the aforementioned whorns) wished they could have played.

It is somewhat interesting to note that after that game, ole Mack Brown was still whining, now over not breaking with established BCS protocol and voting his team (instead of the winner of the BCS Championship game) #1.

Is he not the biggest ****** bag amongst Big XII coaches or what?

Why don't you go post where he can read it, something on the order of, "Mack! Mack Brown! Get a clue! Stop embarrassing your fans, your team, your university, your state . . . "

skcusuo
1/22/2009, 05:27 PM
Well, excuseyou or however you pronounce your handle

It's pronounced "skcusuo" :cool:

if you'd looked carefully at the date of the thread starter...

I did. Hence my post on 1/16 which basically said "Gee, it's a little quiet in here (ha ha)"

I mean, you made this analogy, which even at the time was kind of stupid. And now here you are explaining the timing of said stupid analogy. It would be kind of funny, if it weren't so sad/pathetic/sooner-like.

SOONER!!!111!!
I agree

The Remnant
2/8/2009, 04:47 PM
I think Freud had an explanation for individuals like skcusuo. He called it penis envy.

Jello Biafra
2/18/2009, 02:54 PM
or maybe penis "hunger" yeh he sucks poles....lid told me....