PDA

View Full Version : How about we get over ESPN, Texas and anyone else who doesn't worship OU?

batonrougesooner
12/9/2008, 03:05 PM
Seriously. It's time to get excited! It's been an interesting year and now that it is nearly completed OU is preparing for another National Championship game and we have a quarterback who is just as likely as not about to win the school another Heisman.

Let's quit looking backward and start looking forward. I'm pumped!

boomermagic
12/9/2008, 03:06 PM
Sounds good to me.. Let's kick some gator Butt...

starclassic tama
12/9/2008, 03:10 PM
with the way we have played in bowl games recently, can't say i blame 'em. that being said, we come out and kick florida's *** and we will get all the respect we need with another crystal ball for the trophy case.

Soonersince57
12/9/2008, 03:16 PM
It's been like winning the lottery, but someone keeps calling your mother names - - hard not to respond.

But you are correct. It's time to move on and let the ESPN guys and Texas fans "enjoy" one another.

ClintonSooner
12/9/2008, 04:20 PM
But I dont wanna!!!!!! :mad:

OUAlumni1990
12/9/2008, 04:26 PM
Down here in h-town, when I wear my OU shirt, these poor t-sips look at me like I kicked them in the u-know-what and stole their lunch money. These people will NEVER get over themselves and no matter what you say, will absolutely not change their point of view or their sense of entitlement. That being said, I am with ya, lets move on and claim #8 and forget about the haters!!!!

Widescreen
12/9/2008, 04:31 PM
ESPN's (and other's) opinions no longer matter anyway. They're still trying to impact the Heisman balloting but once that's done, all that's left is to play the game. I hope they trash OU all month long.

The beautiful thing is that through all this Texas idiocy, ESPN has figured out that they don't have quite the influence that I'm sure they thought they did.

SoonerPr8r
12/9/2008, 04:44 PM
No! If I can't complain about being mistreated by ESPiN/whorns/aggies/anything else that is within reach that angers me then I might explode!

1890MilesToNorman
12/9/2008, 04:49 PM
Freedom of religion, freedom of religion and you can't stop me!!! :eek:

swardboy
12/9/2008, 05:40 PM
Number Eight.....all that matters.

soonermix
12/9/2008, 05:45 PM
not so fast my friend...

i will need to look backward so i have something to talk about until the game
that thing is forever away :mad:

talk to me again a few days before the game

pweitkem
12/9/2008, 05:50 PM
OU is in the national championship game. That just sounds right, doesn't it? I'm tired of waitin' on the game and watching boring, mind numbing drivel and I've got a month to go. Can we move the game up to this Saturday.

SouthFortySooner
12/9/2008, 06:09 PM
I thinkin you'll have about as much luck with this one as the "we need to concentrate more" requests. :cool:

BanjoCharley
12/9/2008, 06:19 PM
No! If I can't complain about being mistreated by ESPiN/whorns/aggies/anything else that is within reach that angers me then I might explode!

So does that and your sig make you a whorn?

SoonerObsession
12/9/2008, 06:39 PM
Maybe the reason ESPN hates us so much is because they constantly get barraged with hate mail anytime they do anything that doesn't resemble OU flattery. I know they are biased, but I think we carry our feelings on our shoulders too much sometimes.

SoonerNerd
12/9/2008, 06:40 PM
Do you think ESPN will declare a national holiday if Colt wins the Heisman?

Sooner02
12/9/2008, 07:29 PM
Perhaps if I didnt' hear how OU doesn't deserve to be in this game day after day after day for weeks now, the fans would feel a little differently. It's one thing to have an opinion, as the ESPN loud mouths most certainly do, however, when your side's argument has clearly lost you don't harp on it incessantly. In doing so, they are denigrating our team's accomplishments, in effect saying that our Big12 Championship isn't legit, and our place in the National Championship isn't legit. Maybe if they learned how to shutup and move on, the fans would too.

BoulderSooner79
12/9/2008, 07:37 PM
I think all this ESPN "poor texas" talk plays right into our hands for the title game, so I find it humorous. I didn't find it humorous last week because I believe they managed to change a few BCS voters for the single purpose of tipping the big12 tie breaker. But now that is over and they failed and there is nothing more they can do. I believe they keep beating that horse because there are probably over 20m horn fans out there still eating it up and that a good chunk of audience.

hgarmorer
12/9/2008, 09:50 PM
Kinda hard to move past ESPN and Texas when this is on the main page.
(BTW I know it's not a local thing because I'm in Florida.)
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1/hgarmorer/Texascrap.jpg

Knippz
12/9/2008, 10:50 PM
I'm all for stopping the complaining about ESPiN and Texass. I think I'll kill myself if I have to hear about Texass any more.

Crimson_Balls
12/9/2008, 10:57 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMER!!!!!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/9/2008, 11:35 PM
Perhaps if I didnt' hear how OU doesn't deserve to be in this game day after day after day for weeks now, the fans would feel a little differently. It's one thing to have an opinion, as the ESPN loud mouths most certainly do, however, when your side's argument has clearly lost you don't harp on it incessantly. In doing so, they are denigrating our team's accomplishments, in effect saying that our Big12 Championship isn't legit, and our place in the National Championship isn't legit. Maybe if they learned how to shutup and move on, the fans would too.Then, the Sooners need to win the NC for the whorns. We can do that, and EVERYBODY will be happy, no?

BoulderSooner79
12/9/2008, 11:40 PM
Then, the Sooners need to win the NC for the whorns. We can do that, and EVERYBODY will be happy, no?

I don't see how the whorn fans could be anything but delighted if we won the crystal ball on their behalf. We could get together with them in Dallas next Oct. and share a brew and good times.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/9/2008, 11:44 PM
I don't see how the whorn fans could be anything but delighted if we won the crystal ball on their behalf. We could get together with them in Dallas next Oct. and share a brew and good times.Crystal Ball clear to me, too.

TUSooner
12/10/2008, 10:21 AM
I'm all for getting over it, too. But I do hope that the "OU doesn't deserve it" shtick continues to motivate the team.
As for getting "excited" about the game - it seems like it's sooooooo far away, that I don't even want to look ahead just yet. ;)

ousnrs
12/10/2008, 10:54 AM
Not to do with this thread, but here are some better pics of the Brent & Mack sign from Big 12 game.

TV Shot http://s379.photobucket.com/albums/oo236/ousnrs/?action=view&current=BrentMack-TVShot.jpg

Pre-Game Shot http://s379.photobucket.com/albums/oo236/ousnrs/?action=view&current=BrentMackcropped.jpg

soonermagic14
12/10/2008, 11:33 AM
Great sign. This is what texass fans want though. They love this attention. TSPN and Brent are just trying to stir up crap to try and sound so smart like they have all the answers. They'll take anything and run with it. I'm not going to waste my time researching this but didnt almost the same scenario happen back in 2000 with Miami and FSU?

Anyways, dont let texass be the focus here....we'll see them next year and our defense who is returning about 9 starters will light them up.

Right now it's time to be concerned with Florida.....I'm ready to see Quinton Carter, Nic Harris, Gerald McCoy etc to hit Tebow in the mouth and for OUr offense to hang half a hundred on that SEC defense.

oupride
12/28/2008, 10:34 AM
Sunday, Dec. 28 - It's been 2 full weeks maybe 3 since the BCS made its official selection and now I am officially p*ssed at ESPN. The "BCS Bowl" show kicked off with the first words outta their mouths that OU should not be there. Disrespect, disrespect for Tech and more head-2-head BS in favor of tejas. What the H is going on? Rather than talk about the matchup, they are dragging back up the BCS issue. Sorry if it took me longer than everyone else to see the light, but these talking heads need to let it go. I even sat till the final minute to hear their winner pick for the MNC and what I heard was:
"I'll give you three reasons why Florida will win. 1. Tim Tebow 2. Tim Tebow and 3. Tim Tebow." That was it. I was stunned at the depth of the analysis. If anyone else saw this POS show and can give me the name of the guy that sat in the middle, I will send an email to ESPN complaining about his analysis. Thanks and Billy Boomer to all!

L-Boy
12/28/2008, 07:13 PM
ESPN's (and other's) opinions no longer matter anyway. They're still trying to impact the Heisman balloting but once that's done, all that's left is to play the game. I hope they trash OU all month long.

The beautiful thing is that through all this Texas idiocy, ESPN has figured out that they don't have quite the influence that I'm sure they thought they did.

2 years ago the ESPN crew campaigned openly for a Ohio St - Mich rematch, but it didn't do any good.

IronSoonerMan
12/28/2008, 08:24 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMER!!!!!

SOOOOOOONER!